Notices

Why no Lessard Erikkson

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
Why no Lessard Erikkson

The 4th line remains a bit worthless aside from Ott. Given Guerin's injury I would love to see Lessard or especially Erikkson get a chance with Morrow and Arnott and let Barnes and Ott hang with Lessard and Tjarnqvuist. This is also strong enough to let you roll 4 lines I think so as to not wear down the top guys for the playoffs. I believe we are pretty locked into the second seed as Det schedule is far too easy so why not see what those guys can do. Clearly Stevenson and Perrot and Svoboda are largely ineffective

Old
03-27-2006, 12:08 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
The 4th line remains a bit worthless aside from Ott. Given Guerin's injury I would love to see Lessard or especially Erikkson get a chance with Morrow and Arnott and let Barnes and Ott hang with Lessard and Tjarnqvuist. This is also strong enough to let you roll 4 lines I think so as to not wear down the top guys for the playoffs. I believe we are pretty locked into the second seed as Det schedule is far too easy so why not see what those guys can do. Clearly Stevenson and Perrot and Svoboda are largely ineffective
id leave eriksson down for the balance of the year. Dont want to slow any progress at all. Leave barns where he is for now, but a fourth line of Tjarnqvist-Ott-Lessard would be ALOT of fun to watch right now.

Old
03-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Starsdude

I disagree I think a 10 game trial would aid in Erikkson development especially if he played with Morrow/Arnott. He would learn what it takes as many teams are playing desperate hockey. He seems to have figured out the ahl over the last 2 months as he is nearly a point a game over that period

Old
03-27-2006, 01:08 PM
txomisc

well yeah if you are gonna call him up, you gotta put him on the second line. Dont see it happening tho.

Old
03-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Dat1guy

With the Iowa Stars in a heated battle for the final playoff spot, I'd imagine those two are pretty important in terms of trying to land that spot. They're also getting a lot more ice time on the farm than they'll see with the big club.

Old
03-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
The fourth line will also improve greatly when Guerin gets back, as either he or Barnes will slide down to the fourth line with Ott and Tjarnqvist will probably be the regular right winger.

Old
03-28-2006, 12:56 AM
streakie

Send a message via Yahoo to streakie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
I think Armstrong was brilliant when he picked up Perrott and Stevenson. Tippett now has the option of depth and the ability to switch players around depending on the team that we are facing. Good example would be the last game where Perrott and Stevenson got the call and Tjarnqvuist and Svoboda got scratched. The Flames are a tough gritty, defensive minded team, playing our grit guys instead of our more skilled players worked brilliantly. We needed their toughness where in a game against the Wild for example we needed four lines that could score. I don't think you are giving Svoboda credit. He has great speed and puck handling skills. I have been impressed with his ability and for now he and Tjarnqvuist are doing what is required of them. The 4th line in general is doing a great job of sparking energy and keeping the puck in the offensive zone.

That being said I wouldn't be surprised at some point in the playoff run to see Lessard given a shot.

It is nice to have a depth problem, especially when Guerin comes back into the line-up and Barnes moves back to the 4th line, or will he?

Old
03-28-2006, 04:57 PM
beepeearr

Gotta love Ott, he's perfect for our fourth line right now, since he works just as well between Tjarnqvuist and Svoboda or Stevenson and Perrot, plus if we just need a little more toughness, without giving up too much skill, we can put him in between Tjarnqvuist and Stevenson instead. When Guerin gets back, I'd almost like to see how he would do on a line with Ott.

Closed Thread