HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXII

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2017, 08:12 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
I wouldn't even gather that "trade at the deadline" is a semblance of a real plan until it actually happens

Old
06-04-2017, 08:14 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
Never really expected a buyout to happen. Still holding hope that he'll simply waive. If he refuses to waive he might be the NHL player I disrespect the most.
It would be real tough to see him in burgundy after that.

It's dumb, Dater and AJ were the ones who got hopes up it would be possible in the first place.

Old
06-04-2017, 08:16 PM
Metallo
NWOBHM forever \m/

vCash: 500
Beauchemin scenarios in order of preference:
1. Waives NMC: Better XD protection list. Possibility to trade at TDL.
2. Buyout: Better XD protection list. Frees roster spot. Cheaper.
3. Waives NMC at TDL only: Possibility to trade at TDL.
4. Status Quo: No upside.

Old
06-04-2017, 08:16 PM
Cousin Eddie
IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
I wouldn't even gather that "trade at the deadline" is a semblance of a real plan until it actually happens
Yeah I've lost hope there too. Find it hard to believe they couldn't find some type of landing space for Bourque/Mitchell/Tyutin last year. Even if picks were off the table a Felix Girard type prospect would have been better than nothing.

Plus the Gelinas thing. A few PP minutes and he would have been a trade candidate too. Instead they play a poor hockey player in the situations where he's at his poorest.

To have that many upcoming free agents, to be the worst team in two decades and to not get a single added draft pick throughout the entire season is hilariously disastrous.

Old
06-04-2017, 08:17 PM
hughdreamz

Quote:
It would be real tough to see him in burgundy after that.

It's dumb, Dater and AJ were the ones who got hopes up it would be possible in the first place.
I mean shouldn't it be possible? A team that is serious about getting younger and faster would dump an old slow player in favor of a younger and faster one. We shouldn't blame AJ and Dater for saying something a competent manager would do.

Old
06-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Would be willing to bet Beauchemin knows he wasn't going to be bought out and he's not going to waive his NMC. For him personally there's no reason to do so. He doesn't want to lose his 100% job security. From his point of view he's had a long enough career to earn his NMC and he's not just going to throw it away. It's like Iginla where he'll only entertain the idea of moving from the team when it's near the trade deadline. The vets run the team here because they know Sakic will never do anything that could be thought of as disrespectful. They've earned the right to coast or minutes over younger, newer players as vets. There's a line between respecting the vets and allowing them run of the team, Sakic has passed over to allowing the team to be run by the vets.

Old
06-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Foppberg

That's one of my biggest annoyances with Sakic, how he bends over backwards for the vets.

Old
06-04-2017, 08:36 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughdreamz View Post
I mean shouldn't it be possible? A team that is serious about getting younger and faster would dump an old slow player in favor of a younger and faster one. We shouldn't blame AJ and Dater for saying something a competent manager would do.
They are free to speculate, not blaming them for that. Just saying it got hopes up.

Old
06-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Not surprised that Beauch isn't being bought out but also not that disappointed.

I do hope he waives though. He obviously wont be selected and it gives us the ability to protect some more forwards like Nieto and Andrighetto.

Plus, if he can bounce back to even just respectable bottom pairing levels of play, we could easily get a 2nd round pick for him at next years deadline. That's why I think we shouldn't be buying him out to begin with. More valuable to keep him and sell him next year then to have his cap space when we're not a contending or even bubble team to begin with.

Old
06-04-2017, 08:37 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
Would be willing to bet Beauchemin knows he wasn't going to be bought out and he's not going to waive his NMC. For him personally there's no reason to do so. He doesn't want to lose his 100% job security. From his point of view he's had a long enough career to earn his NMC and he's not just going to throw it away. It's like Iginla where he'll only entertain the idea of moving from the team when it's near the trade deadline. The vets run the team here because they know Sakic will never do anything that could be thought of as disrespectful. They've earned the right to coast or minutes over younger, newer players as vets. There's a line between respecting the vets and allowing them run of the team, Sakic has passed over to allowing the team to be run by the vets.
I agree and it's a real culture problem

Old
06-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Honestly I am enjoying these cup finals and hope they go to 6 or 7 games as I think it's shaping up to be a great series.

But at the same time, all of these rumors about the already completed Vegas trades that likely aren't being announced until after the cup finals, are just making me wish the season was over already and that the off-season can commence.

It's going to be an exciting summer for hockey fans in general. But also should be an active and interesting summer for the Avs in particular as well.

Old
06-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Balthazar
Someone

Quote:
Would be willing to bet Beauchemin knows he wasn't going to be bought out and he's not going to waive his NMC. For him personally there's no reason to do so. He doesn't want to lose his 100% job security.
Beauchemin isn't the bad guy regardless of what he does. AVS offered that contract, Bednar gave him the ice time. Quit blaming the player for doing what he is supposed to do.

Also Vegas is taking Picks so our waiver pickups are safe.

Old
06-04-2017, 09:11 PM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Quote:
Quote:
They are free to speculate, not blaming them for that. Just saying it got hopes up.

I don't believe that BSN ever wrote anything about it happening, other than some pieces that it *should* happen.

Furthermore, I recall people hoping it would happen before Dater or AJ wrote those pieces. If anyone got their hopes up, it's their own damn fault.

There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that is lying about being milk.
Old
06-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Pacman33

Sakic gonna sakic

Old
06-04-2017, 09:20 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Adater says he's hearing Slow-chemin will not be bought out ��
Of course he won't. That would open up protection spots for the Avs to protect better players, and make trades for good players at cheap prices that teams are gonna lose for free.

Joe Sakic doesn't give a **** about any of that.

Old
06-04-2017, 09:24 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
Beauchemin isn't the bad guy regardless of what he does. AVS offered that contract, Bednar gave him the ice time. Quit blaming the player for doing what he is supposed to do.

Also Vegas is taking Picks so our waiver pickups are safe.
It's really all perspective. From the point of view of Beauchemin he's not a bad guy because he's providing stability for his family, he's not giving up on making the team better by jumping ship, and he's fulfilling his commitment he made when he signed that 3-year deal with the Avs. From the Fans point of view Beauchemin is looking to be the bad guy because we are looking at the macro vs. micro view of the situation. We see a player that has no place on the team and is only getting worse each season. Can't blame for the fans for not wanting Beauchemin back because even if he's not pushing for more minutes he's still going to get them on this team which provides predictably bad results.

If you believe it's best for Duchene and the Avs to go they're separate ways it's even more true for Beauchemin. There is nothing to be gained from him being here next season. Whatever leadership he does provide he absolutely wrecks with the terrible example he sets on the ice. I don't expect a player to look in the mirror though and see themselves as someone who can't improve. That's what management is for. I blame management/Bednar as much for Beauchemin consistently screwing up as I do Beauchemin. All I can do is hope either the FO decides to cut back on his minutes or Beauchemin speaks up saying hey I literally cannot play at my best if you play me +15 minutes a game. I'm fully expecting though he'll get his undeserved +20 minutes plus power play time which he has no reason to be on.

Old
06-04-2017, 09:29 PM
Balthazar
Someone

Quote:
I blame management/Bednar as much for Beauchemin consistently screwing up as I do Beauchemin..
What do you mean "as much"? It's 100% AVS fault, 0% Beauchemin's. Beauchemin didn't cheat, they offered him that contract and ice time. It's not up to him to sacrifice himself for the last year of possibly his last contract.

If he's not good, it's Bednar's reponsibility to not play him and that's it.

Old
06-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Avs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklobster View Post

I don't believe that bsn ever wrote anything about it happening, other than some pieces that it *should* happen.

Furthermore, i recall people hoping it would happen before dater or aj wrote those pieces. If anyone got their hopes up, it's their own damn fault.

Old
06-04-2017, 09:42 PM
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor

It is also entirely possible that Sakic was told or given the impression by McPhee at the combine that Beauch wouldn't be picked even if he waives his NMC therefore eliminating the need to buy him out.

Old
06-04-2017, 09:48 PM
StayAtHomeAv

Quote:
Adater says he's hearing Slow-chemin will not be bought out 😡
Sakic doesn't have the balls to pull a move like that and disrespect someone like Beauch. We really can't get another GM soon enough.

Old
06-04-2017, 09:51 PM
Pacman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutAvs View Post
It is also entirely possible that Sakic was told or given the impression by McPhee at the combine that Beauch wouldn't be picked even if he waives his NMC therefore eliminating the need to buy him out.
Mcphee doesnt need to tell sakic anything. The whole world knows vegas wouldnt touch beauch. This is just gotta respect the vet. I want so badly to look at the brightside and say sakic is making some improvement but he just isnt. I didnt think it was possible to be so frustrated with my favorite team. We need a real gm so badly

Old
06-04-2017, 09:54 PM
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm OK with losing Barberio as we have other options. It would suck to lose Pickard because I think he is a very good backup but it shouldn't be a problem to find a decent backup on Jul 1st. I'm also ok to lose Nieto even though I think he was a very good waiver pickup but unfortunately we have to lose somebody and I'm still not convinced Vegas would interested in one of Colby/Soda/Comeau. Maybe Comeau.

However I would be very unhappy if we lose Ghetto. After the way he finished the season with us I really want to see what we have in him before he goes anywhere.

Old
06-04-2017, 09:58 PM
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman33 View Post
Mcphee doesnt need to tell sakic anything. The whole world knows vegas wouldnt touch beauch. This is just gotta respect the vet. I want so badly to look at the brightside and say sakic is making some improvement but he just isnt. I didnt think it was possible to be so frustrated with my favorite team. We need a real gm so badly
No he doesn't but McPhee did say in an interview that he is trying to talk to all teams and "make it work" for both sides. I do agree with you that I don't believe Vegas would pick Beauch when they have much better options with other teams but you can't blame Beauch for wanting to feel safe before waiving.

Old
06-04-2017, 10:03 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Maybe Sakic already agreed to give assets for Vegas to take someone so he doesn't care who is protected.

Old
06-04-2017, 10:05 PM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
Well, if this is the tweet you're referring to, it says this (verbatim): "NHL buyout window starts June 15 or 48 hours after final Cup game.It would seem likely Avs buy out Beauchemin, but they'd get no cap relief"

His phrasing is careful as well, and then an accompanying BSN article came out that said they SHOULD buy him out, but as I said, nothing definitive.

It's unfortunate that Dater is hearing (key word there) that they're not likely to buy him out, but I never got my hopes up so therefore I'm not all that disappointed.

Closed Thread