HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 2017 Entry Draft - Part IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-06-2017, 02:59 PM
  #26
truck
Registered User
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by portamoral View Post
is this their projected NHL WAR ratings?
This is where they finished in fitness tests - with all results stacked.

truck is offline  
Old
06-06-2017, 03:09 PM
  #27
truck
Registered User
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,667
vCash: 500
Not sure if this has been posted.

Heights and weights from the combine:
http://thehockeywriters.com/2017-nhl...ights-weights/

truck is offline  
Old
06-06-2017, 03:33 PM
  #28
Rheged
JMFT
 
Rheged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Not sure if this has been posted.

Heights and weights from the combine:
http://thehockeywriters.com/2017-nhl...ights-weights/
Heponiemi measuring at 6' when most places have him listed at 5'10" or so is pretty interesting..

Rheged is offline  
Old
06-06-2017, 04:47 PM
  #29
KillEmAll83
Registered User
 
KillEmAll83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,976
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
Heponiemi measuring at 6' when most places have him listed at 5'10" or so is pretty interesting..
They posted below that the 7:30 group tested with shoes on, so subtract 2 inches.

__________________

These violent delights... have violent ends
KillEmAll83 is online now  
Old
06-06-2017, 05:20 PM
  #30
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,535
vCash: 576
Can someone explain to me the level of interest in Kostin?
He played 9 games in the VHL this year with 1 goal and 8 unproductive games in the KHL. His D-1 year was nothing to get too excited about either. ???

Mortimer Snerd is online now  
Old
06-06-2017, 05:42 PM
  #31
matthole
Registered User
 
matthole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
Heponiemi measuring at 6' when most places have him listed at 5'10" or so is pretty interesting..
Same with Luukkonen, he's 6'4.25" every where else when he is 6'6.25" here..

matthole is offline  
Old
06-06-2017, 06:18 PM
  #32
mcpw
WPG
 
mcpw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 7,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
Can someone explain to me the level of interest in Kostin?
He played 9 games in the VHL this year with 1 goal and 8 unproductive games in the KHL. His D-1 year was nothing to get too excited about either. ???
His D-1 was actually something to get really excited about. He's similar to Alex Galchenyuk in a way: considered a top prospect after his D-1 season (Kostin was ranked #3 overall by Bob McKenzie last autumn, behind only Patrick and Liljegren), then had a big injury which caused him to miss most of his draft season. Before his injury, for some reason, Dinamo had him play 8 games in the KHL, averaging about 5 minutes TOI per game. I read somewhere that he played through his bad shoulder injury in some of his VHL games as well.

mcpw is offline  
Old
06-06-2017, 06:46 PM
  #33
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,170
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
Can someone explain to me the level of interest in Kostin?
He played 9 games in the VHL this year with 1 goal and 8 unproductive games in the KHL. His D-1 year was nothing to get too excited about either. ???
Never though he was very good. Has some puck handling skills but all in all never impressed me when I saw him.

Daximus is online now  
Old
06-06-2017, 10:28 PM
  #34
Rheged
JMFT
 
Rheged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillEmAll83 View Post
They posted below that the 7:30 group tested with shoes on, so subtract 2 inches.
Oh lol.. Well that's pretty silly.

Rheged is offline  
Old
06-07-2017, 04:16 AM
  #35
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 18,987
vCash: 500
Confused two guys.
Will bring updated list of others later.


Last edited by garret9: 06-07-2017 at 12:19 PM.
garret9 is offline  
Old
06-07-2017, 07:45 AM
  #36
truck
Registered User
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,667
vCash: 500
They're big, but they score too much, Garret.


Last edited by truck: 06-07-2017 at 12:21 PM.
truck is offline  
Old
06-07-2017, 08:06 AM
  #37
ps241
Playoff push 2017
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,055
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
They're big, but they score too much, Garret.

ps241 is offline  
Old
06-07-2017, 08:39 AM
  #38
Trilliann
Registered User
 
Trilliann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: I'm score!
Posts: 760
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillEmAll83 View Post
They posted below that the 7:30 group tested with shoes on, so subtract 2 inches.
hahaha so much for the Combine heights being 'the only reliable measurements'

Trilliann is offline  
Old
06-07-2017, 10:52 AM
  #39
ps241
Playoff push 2017
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,055
vCash: 50
Filip Chytil is an interesting prospect I admit was off my radar.


https://canucksarmy.com/2017/06/06/n...-filip-chytil/

ps241 is offline  
Old
06-07-2017, 10:59 AM
  #40
ps241
Playoff push 2017
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,055
vCash: 50
very good write up on Brannstrom and man just watch the video highlights of this kid and he has the Ryan Ellis vibe to him:

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/06/06/n...ik-brannstrom/

ps241 is offline  
Old
06-07-2017, 11:23 AM
  #41
Patrik Barkov
Registered User
 
Patrik Barkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Country: Finland
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
I have a feeling that Välimäki will end up having a long NHL career as a solid 3rd/4th D. Seems very dedicated and I like his playstyle, nothing crazy, just does the right things consistantly.

Patrik Barkov is offline  
Old
06-07-2017, 11:39 AM
  #42
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,460
vCash: 300
Button's final list

13. P Olivier Joseph
43. Nic Hague
74. Mackenzie Entwistle
105. Finn Evans
http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-final-ranking-1.294692

Aavco Cup is offline  
Old
06-07-2017, 11:46 AM
  #43
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,535
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpw View Post
His D-1 was actually something to get really excited about. He's similar to Alex Galchenyuk in a way: considered a top prospect after his D-1 season (Kostin was ranked #3 overall by Bob McKenzie last autumn, behind only Patrick and Liljegren), then had a big injury which caused him to miss most of his draft season. Before his injury, for some reason, Dinamo had him play 8 games in the KHL, averaging about 5 minutes TOI per game. I read somewhere that he played through his bad shoulder injury in some of his VHL games as well.
What was so exciting about his D-1? 15 pts in 10 games in a Russian under 17 league and 21 pts in 30 games in a Russian jr league. Is that special? I just don't get it.

I understand that injury prevented him from showing what he could do in his draft season. That explains his lack of anything but it doesn't explain ranking him highly based on what he might have done if he had played.

Mortimer Snerd is online now  
Old
06-07-2017, 12:28 PM
  #44
cbcwpg
Registered User
 
cbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Between the Pipes
Country: United Nations
Posts: 9,910
vCash: 500
Just for fun, made a list of all the players picked 13th overall since 1997

1997 - Daniel Cleary
1998 - Michael Henrich
1999 - Jani Rita
2000 - Ron Hainsey
2001 - Ales Hemsky
2002 - Alexander Semin
2003 - Dustin Brown
2004 - Drew Stafford
2005 - Marek Zagrapan
2006 - Jiri Tlusty
2007 - Lars Eller
2008 - Colten Teubert
2009 - Zack Kassian
2010 - Brandon Gormley
2011 - Sven Baertschi
2012 - Radek Faksa
2013 - Josh Morrissey
2014 - Jakub Vrana
2015 - Jakub Zboril
2016 - Jake Bean

cbcwpg is offline  
Old
06-07-2017, 12:48 PM
  #45
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,535
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
Button's final list

13. P Olivier Joseph
43. Nic Hague
74. Mackenzie Entwistle
105. Finn Evans
http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-final-ranking-1.294692
Don't get the love for PO Joseph. He is only 6' but he score like 6'5".

Mortimer Snerd is online now  
Old
06-07-2017, 12:49 PM
  #46
ruffus23
Registered User
 
ruffus23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Just for fun, made a list of all the players picked 13th overall since 1997

1997 - Daniel Cleary
1998 - Michael Henrich
1999 - Jani Rita
2000 - Ron Hainsey
2001 - Ales Hemsky
2002 - Alexander Semin
2003 - Dustin Brown
2004 - Drew Stafford
2005 - Marek Zagrapan
2006 - Jiri Tlusty
2007 - Lars Eller
2008 - Colten Teubert
2009 - Zack Kassian
2010 - Brandon Gormley
2011 - Sven Baertschi
2012 - Radek Faksa
2013 - Josh Morrissey
2014 - Jakub Vrana
2015 - Jakub Zboril
2016 - Jake Bean
pretty good list of past picks. say 80% chance of landing a good player?

ruffus23 is offline  
Old
06-07-2017, 12:54 PM
  #47
truck
Registered User
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,667
vCash: 500
Canucks Army post on Kostin
https://canucksarmy.com/2017/06/07/n...2-klim-kostin/

truck is offline  
Old
06-07-2017, 01:09 PM
  #48
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,170
vCash: 50
Button has Makar up to 3 now. Vakimaki and Brannstrom still ranked lower.

Daximus is online now  
Old
06-07-2017, 01:13 PM
  #49
truck
Registered User
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
Button's final list

13. P Olivier Joseph
43. Nic Hague
74. Mackenzie Entwistle
105. Finn Evans
http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-final-ranking-1.294692
With the option to go:
Valimaki
Hague
Salo

I wouldn't be mad.

truck is offline  
Old
06-07-2017, 01:19 PM
  #50
ps241
Playoff push 2017
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,055
vCash: 50
Button has my general lack of love for Tippett as well. I think he is good at what he does but he is not my cup of tea for the Jets at #13.

ps241 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.