HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

which prospects should be signed ?

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2006, 02:54 PM
nuckfan insk

vCash: 500
which prospects should be signed ?

who must be signed by june 1st ? who do you want to see signed and who do you want to walk away from ?
as i am from prince albert i wonder about dane byers.
but dubinsky etc... there are lots

thoughts ?

Old
03-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannoabram
who must be signed by june 1st ? who do you want to see signed and who do you want to walk away from ?
as i am from prince albert i wonder about dane byers.
but dubinsky etc... there are lots

thoughts ?
Korpikoski - no doubt should be signed.

Almost every overager prospect in CHL that stepped up - Cally, Dubinsky, Paiement (to a degree)... those three off the top of my head.

Old
03-27-2006, 03:16 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Dane Byers,Brandon Dubinsky,Zdenek Bahensky and Roman Psurny can re-enter the draft if they are not signed by June 1

Ryan Callahan,Jakub Petruzalek and Jonathan Paiement can become free agents if they are not signed by June 1

Corey Potter,Nathan Guenin,Mike Walsh,Greg Moore and Joey Crabb can become free agents if they are not signed by August 15-class graduating/new CBA rule

Marcus Jonasen and some of the other past European picks(from 2002 and earlier)will become free agents if they are not signed-another new CBA rule

Old
03-27-2006, 03:19 PM
eco's bones

Staal is already signed I believe. Of our graduating college seniors Greg Moore will be signed for sure. Probably Guenin, Potter and Crabb. Probably not Walsh.

Of the CHL guys--Dubinsky, Bahensky, Callahan and Petruzalek for sure. Byers probably. Psurny and Paiement would be maybes or maybe nots.

Hartford has 3 AHL signees. For sure would be Genoway and Girardi. Gherson--maybe not but he has been very good.

And then Korpikoski should be signed also. And maybe Jan Marek.

Old
03-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Dane Byers,Brandon Dubinsky,Zdenek Bahensky and Roman Psurny can re-enter the draft if they are not signed by June 1

Ryan Callahan,Jakub Petruzalek and Jonathan Paiement can become free agents if they are not signed by June 1

Corey Potter,Nathan Guenin,Mike Walsh,Greg Moore and Joey Crabb can become free agents if they are not signed by August 15-class graduating/new CBA rule

Marcus Jonasen and some of the other past European picks(from 2002 and earlier)will become free agents if they are not signed-another new CBA rule
Nice. Good list. I'd sign Petruzalek, Cally, Dubinsky, Paiement, Moore, Nasty Nate, Harry Potter, Moore and Crabb. Harford and Charlotte are going to be stacked next year. Here's hoping that Immonen will take Rucchin's place and Dubinsky will take Immonen's spot in Hfd... And then there's a huge log jam at RW next year:

RW - Genoway, Jessiman, Moore, Callahan, Petruzalek (unless he's a LW)... Damn. And that is if either Wiseman makes the big club or we get rid of him.

Old
03-27-2006, 03:25 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Potter is gigantic. I didn't realize he was so big... in the NHL he'd look pretty on par with everyone else, but in those games he was huge. Needs to get some mroe weight on him though as he was somewhat easily moved by bigger forwards.

Potter and Guenin are must signs imo.

Greg Moore is another must, as well as Dubinsky, Callahan, Korpido.

I'm very curious about this Jan Marek fellow to be honest. Hopefully he comes over -- and what about Maxim Sushisky, anyone think he comes over and gives the NHL a shot again? If I remember he was rumored to have signed here once before.

Old
03-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Olorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
Potter is gigantic. I didn't realize he was so big... in the NHL he'd look pretty on par with everyone else, but in those games he was huge. Needs to get some mroe weight on him though as he was somewhat easily moved by bigger forwards.

I'm very curious about this Jan Marek fellow to be honest. Hopefully he comes over -- and what about Maxim Sushisky, anyone think he comes over and gives the NHL a shot again? If I remember he was rumored to have signed here once before.
According to a thread on Minnesota's board, Sushinsky said in an interview that he is 99% certain he will play in the NHL next year. He didn't mention for which team he will be playing, although the Russian poster who provided the story thinks it will be for Minnesota. Though if you read the excerpt from the interview he provides Sushinsky doesn't really hint at where he expects to be playing.

Last edited by Olorin: 03-27-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old
03-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin
According to a thread on Minnesota's board, Sushinsky said in an interview that he is 99% certain he will play in the NHL next year. He didn't mention for which team he will be playing, although the Russian poster who provided the story thinks it will be for Minnesota. Though if you read the excerpt from the interview he provides Sushinsky doesn't really hint at where he expects to be playing.
Here comes the Omsk connection into the equation... I wish Maxim the best of luck, he showed much quickness, speed and grit at the Olympics, but the Rangers are already stacked with veteran top-6ers.

Old
03-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:

Agreed about everything but Nate Guenin and Potter in particular. Who knows, perhaps Guenin will turn out to be another Mark Tinordi?

Old
03-27-2006, 03:52 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13
Agreed about everything but Nate Guenin and Potter in particular. Who knows, perhaps Guenin will turn out to be another Mark Tinordi?
I think that if the Rangers think Baranka or Pock will be moving on up from Hartford or some of the other vets leaving -- that makes a lot of room for new prospects on the farm on D.

Old
03-27-2006, 04:11 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Most likely to be signed:
-Brandon Dubinsky
-Ryan Callahan
-Greg Moore
-Jakub Petruzalek
-Korpi

Good Chance to be signed:
- Corey Potter
- Nathan Guenin
- Zdenek Bahensky

50/50

- Jonathan Paiement
- Roman Psurny
- Dane Byers (dime a dozen guys in HFD/Checkers)
- Joey Crabb (could be good chance)

No shot:
- Mike Walsh

Old
03-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy

sign dubinsky, bahensky, byers, callahan, petruzalek, guenin, potter, moore and paiment.

Old
03-27-2006, 04:20 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
Staal is already signed I believe. Of our graduating college seniors Greg Moore will be signed for sure. Probably Guenin, Potter and Crabb. Probably not Walsh.

Of the CHL guys--Dubinsky, Bahensky, Callahan and Petruzalek for sure. Byers probably. Psurny and Paiement would be maybes or maybe nots.

Hartford has 3 AHL signees. For sure would be Genoway and Girardi. Gherson--maybe not but he has been very good.

And then Korpikoski should be signed also. And maybe Jan Marek.
I like what you've said here.

Old
03-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
I think that if the Rangers think Baranka or Pock will be moving on up from Hartford or some of the other vets leaving -- that makes a lot of room for new prospects on the farm on D.
What's our current group of D in Hfd?

Lampan, Pock, Baranka, Purinton, Grenier, Taylor, Liffiton, Weller... am I missing anyone? Who is going to move up to the biggies next season? Pock is the 1st call up; are Lampman, Purinton, Grenier gone due to their age and because of the influx of talent that we are going to have?

Old
03-27-2006, 04:51 PM
nuckfan insk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
-Brandon Dubinsky
-Ryan Callahan
-Greg Moore
-Jakub Petruzalek
-Korpi

- Corey Potter
- Nathan Guenin
- Zdenek Bahensky

50/50

- Jonathan Paiement
- Roman Psurny

No shot:
- Mike Walsh
what does bahensky have over byers. saskatoon wasted the 1st overall pick in the euro draft on him when there were planty of others theycould have taken. he isnt much of a scoring or physical threat. i dont get how byers is a dime a dozen and bahensky is a good chance

Old
03-27-2006, 05:05 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13
What's our current group of D in Hfd?

Lampan, Pock, Baranka, Purinton, Grenier, Taylor, Liffiton, Weller... am I missing anyone? Who is going to move up to the biggies next season? Pock is the 1st call up; are Lampman, Purinton, Grenier gone due to their age and because of the influx of talent that we are going to have?
I think that thier age and having not made it is definitely going to be working against them Nemchinov. Have to keep Baranka and Liffiton. Next two I'd keep are Pock and Taylor. And there's Girardi who we should sign.

The Rangers opinion on Paiement's skating might be what makes or breaks him. Psurny finished the season real hot but he's been hurt by inconsistency. Somewhat the same with Bahensky but Zdenek's had better training camps and is bigger and stronger. Psurny if I remember correctly was getting knocked around a lot in training camp.

Old
03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
I think that thier age and having not made it is definitely going to be working against them Nemchinov. Have to keep Baranka and Liffiton. Next two I'd keep are Pock and Taylor. And there's Girardi who we should sign.

The Rangers opinion on Paiement's skating might be what makes or breaks him. Psurny finished the season real hot but he's been hurt by inconsistency. Somewhat the same with Bahensky but Zdenek's had better training camps and is bigger and stronger. Psurny if I remember correctly was getting knocked around a lot in training camp.
So, Grenier, Purinton and Lampman would be gone. That leaves Baranka, Pock, Liffiton, Taylor and as you've said, Girardi would probably be signed. That leaves 1 spot on the active roster and 2 extras. I'd say that Potter and Guenin can make Hfd and Paiement could start his pro career in Charlotte. Looking at that defense, you can't help but notice the size. Taylor and Guenin are 6'5 and 6'4, Potter is 6'3, Baranka and Girardi are 6'2, even Pock is 6'1.

Old
03-27-2006, 06:59 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

I've watched Corey Potter since he was a freshman

Quote:

A good friend of mine played for their championship team back when Joe Murphy ws the big gun at State and tuned me in to Potter. He's a fairly good skater and has a nice little mean streak. I actually think he's better than either Taylor or Guenin.

Old
03-27-2006, 10:00 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
-Brandon Dubinsky
-Ryan Callahan
-Greg Moore
-Jakub Petruzalek
-Korpi

- Corey Potter
- Nathan Guenin
- Zdenek Bahensky

50/50

- Jonathan Paiement
- Roman Psurny

No shot:
- Mike Walsh
According to Don Maloney, Dane Byers will be signed because "we don't have a lot of players like him in the organization". I think Callahan may be an issue to get signed given his big year and impending free agent status. He could be traded. I see no reason why Paiement would be signed. Some of the marginal guys may be broiught to camp and offered Charlotte contracts. That 50 contract rule has got to come into play here somehow.

Old
03-27-2006, 11:12 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop
According to Don Maloney, Dane Byers will be signed because "we don't have a lot of players like him in the organization". I think Callahan may be an issue to get signed given his big year and impending free agent status. He could be traded. I see no reason why Paiement would be signed. Some of the marginal guys may be broiught to camp and offered Charlotte contracts. That 50 contract rule has got to come into play here somehow.

I dont know what Don Maloney is seeing in him then because Byers does not bring any unique qualities the team doesn't already have in the system. He is a hard working player most of the time, hes a agitator, drops the gloves and put up ok numbers in juniors. We already have a guy named Rick Kozak who is pretty identical to Byers.

Plus im not a big fans of Byers attitude or work ethic..or lack of that I heard he showed late in the season when the team was elimated from any chance of making the playoffs.

All IMO.

Old
03-27-2006, 11:22 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
I dont know what Don Maloney is seeing in him then because Byers does not bring any unique qualities the team doesn't already have in the system. He is a hard working player most of the time, hes a agitator, drops the gloves and put up ok numbers in juniors. We already have a guy named Rick Kozak who is pretty identical to Byers.

Plus im not a big fans of Byers attitude or work ethic..or lack of that I heard he showed late in the season when the team was elimated from any chance of making the playoffs.

All IMO.
yea true we got Byers, Bahensky, Kozak, Falardeau

Old
03-27-2006, 11:26 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
-Brandon Dubinsky
-Ryan Callahan
-Greg Moore
-Jan Marek
-Korpi
-Joey Crabb

- Corey Potter
- Nathan Guenin
- Zdenek Bahensky
- Roman Psurny
-Jakub Petruzalek

50/50

- Dane Byers

No shot:
- Mike Walsh
- Jonathan Paiement

Old
03-28-2006, 01:33 AM
eco's bones

It's nothing more than speculation. As far as Marek Orts he might be less than 50-50. He's not big. He's a point producer. He's been rumored here before (it might be over not wanting a 2 way contract) and then decided to stay home so he might be one of those players that never come over. IMO there are some absolute musts to sign. They are--Dubinsky, Moore, Callahan, Korpikoski, Genoway, Girardi, Potter, Bahensky and Petruzalek. Guenin, Byers, Crabb should also have a decent shot at getting signed. Gherson has played real well in the AHL pretty much taking away Holt's spot. Psurny came on late in the season and that might save him. As for Paiement he seems to have some skill and toughness. It depends on his skating. The only one to me that would be a big reach to sign would be Walsh.

Old
03-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Although Petruzalek has quite a large offensive upside, his play in his own zone this past fall was horrendous. He did not stay in Hartford because of it. Without some significant indication that he has become more of a two-way player, his future with the Rangers is in doubt.

Old
03-28-2006, 02:23 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff
Although Petruzalek has quite a large offensive upside, his play in his own zone this past fall was horrendous. He did not stay in Hartford because of it. Without some significant indication that he has become more of a two-way player, his future with the Rangers is in doubt.
Petruzalek was actually offered a contract last year but his received bad advice and rejected it.

Closed Thread