Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Should the Bruins do this Summer? II

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Sharp Shooting Neely

vCash: 500
Adam Gretz of NBC Sports reports trade rumblngs out of Chicago involving a big name, other than Toews, that could be in play. The thought is short term pain is the price to pay for long term gain given their cap hell situation. Reference to Seabrook is interesting given one of the identified Bruins needs. Would have to think its picks, prospects and or young players would be the primary ask by the Hawks in making a deal. Sweeny does have ample assets to work with in that regard.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/06/10/...ud-in-chicago/

Old
06-10-2017, 08:48 PM
bruinmann77

the bruins and DS should have a very intresing few weeks

Old
06-10-2017, 08:51 PM
DrJustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Shooting Neely View Post
Adam Gretz of NBC Sports reports trade rumblngs out of Chicago involving a big name, other than Toews, that could be in play. The thought is short term pain is the price to pay for long term gain given their cap hell situation. Reference to Seabrook is interesting given one of the identified Bruins needs. Would have to think its picks, prospects and or young players would be the primary ask by the Hawks in making a deal. Sweeny does have ample assets to work with in that regard.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/06/10/...ud-in-chicago/
I'm not very interested in Seabrook given our need is more centered in an LD. But I do hope one of our divisional rivals makes this move and is saddled with that contract for the next 7 years.

Old
06-10-2017, 08:53 PM
patty59

Yes please to seabrook

Old
06-10-2017, 08:57 PM
bbfan419

Oh goodness I hope DS stays far away from Seabrook, he has a disaster of a contract and is on the serious decline, hope the habs get him and over pay for him.

Old
06-10-2017, 08:59 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
I'm not very interested in Seabrook given our need is more centered in an LD. But I do hope one of our divisional rivals makes this move and is saddled with that contract for the next 7 years.
that contract runs for 7 more years and Seabrooke is over 30- um, no.

If this was 2013 probably but his contract makes him a nightmare

good luck trying to move that without taking money back

06-10-2017, 09:03 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
Rumors they wanted all 3 2015 picks, and Sweeney backed out.

Would anyone trade Debrusk, Zboril, and Senyshyn for Hanifin? Don't think Carolina i does.
the rumor was 3 firsts and McAvoy I thought when they drafted him the following year they would send him also

Old
06-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredWBC8 View Post
You'd rather just lose a player then make a bad trade? He'd rather lose Brodin or Dumba for nothing than deal them for anything? I'd fire him immediately.
Lou you are missing something.

Deal Brodin and you still lose Dumba via the expansion draft. Now you are down 2 roster D.

Expose both, and you lose 1 for nothing, but at least your roster only has 1 hole in it.

The only way a deal makes sense for them is if they are getting back a roster D who is not expansion eligible.

Old
06-10-2017, 10:05 PM
s3antana5757

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
the rumor was 3 firsts and McAvoy I thought when they drafted him the following year they would send him also
I don't remember the 2016 first being involved. I think it was the 3 consecutive first rounders to get into the top 5. I was on board with it then, and I think I'd still do it. Could be the wrong decision, but I think Hanifan will be very good. Most Carolina fans say it would have to be a hockey trade. 1 for 1. Forward similar to Hanifan for the D.

Also, absolutely no way to Seabrook. That contract is horrendous. Exaggerating here, but even if you put Kane in that deal I'm not sure I'd take him.

Old
06-10-2017, 10:12 PM
wintersej

^^^ I think DKH is pointing out that the 3 1st rumor is bunk and more than was ever discussed.

Old
06-10-2017, 10:19 PM
vjcsmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkunit View Post
I'd be willing to sign him to a 2-3 year maybe more. We certainly have the shooters for him. Huge upgrade over Spooner too
LOL where are you going to find 7-8m in cap space for him? We already overpaid an aging center in Backes. I really doubt there's room at the inn for another, unless you also propose to trade Krejci for nearly zero salary in return.

Old
06-10-2017, 10:23 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
It was the 2015 draft, they were also putting the 2016 pick in as well?

Old
06-10-2017, 10:25 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersej View Post
^^^ I think DKH is pointing out that the 3 1st rumor is bunk and more than was ever discussed.
It was bunk? I thought they were trying to move up for Hanifin but could strike a deal (ie. including not including the mid-1sts for a higher one)? Or that wasn't true?

Old
06-11-2017, 01:59 AM
goalieman40

For the Hawks rumor my first thought was Seabrook. Late night thought is Hossa or Hjarmlsson. Hossa makes more between those two, and if you add the rumored trade of Krueger to Vegas that would clear $8.36 mil in cap for them.

Hossa would be an intriguing veteran winger. But may be too much with his age and contract.

Last edited by goalieman40; 06-11-2017 at 02:08 AM..
Old
06-11-2017, 04:11 AM
Hazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift View Post
are there any rumors out there about us? Haven't heard much rumor wise with us. Besides the guessing on dumba or brodin

Old
06-11-2017, 08:35 AM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazi View Post
I think I'd be ok with them offering one of JFK, Lauzon or Zboril, and this years first and maybe a lesser prospect, that's unlikely to crack the lineup here (O'Gara, Gryz, etc.) for Duchene and a later pick.

I'm sure some here will say it's too much and Avs fans will say it isn't enough.

Either way...as I posted yesterday, as long as it's not McAvoy or Pasta going, I'm good with just about any other young player/prospect/pick moving to get a forward who is capable of scoring 60-70 points for the next 3-5 years.

Old
06-11-2017, 08:52 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
It was bunk? I thought they were trying to move up for Hanifin but could strike a deal (ie. including not including the mid-1sts for a higher one)? Or that wasn't true?
Guy who told me (and he's a Bruins person) said they would still have a first rounder and wanted to move back in late first

He would know

If someone heard otherwise then they can go with that

Old
06-11-2017, 08:56 AM
s3antana5757

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieman40 View Post
For the Hawks rumor my first thought was Seabrook. Late night thought is Hossa or Hjarmlsson. Hossa makes more between those two, and if you add the rumored trade of Krueger to Vegas that would clear $8.36 mil in cap for them.

Hossa would be an intriguing veteran winger. But may be too much with his age and contract.
From my understanding of Hoss'a contract, his cap hit is way higher than his actual salary. He's only making the $1 million in actual pay, so the consensus seems to be that if he's traded, he'd just retire likely leaving a big recapture penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazi View Post
I would fine with either. I really like the position versatility of Duchene though. Landeskog would strictly play LW next to Krejci. With Duchene though, he could play LW with Krejci or he could slide down and play 3C possibly with Vatrano. He's good at the dot and would be great to center a scoring line.

Old
06-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Sharp Shooting Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieman40 View Post

Zach Leech of Prohockey chimed in on the Hawks situation and refernces another area reporter getting the same vibe on the plan to move a prominant player. Concludes Hjarmission would be the better bet to go. Hossa is mentioned as likely being unmovable. NH has a 10 team trade list option. Covered in this quote.

"Bowman could use roster management to get under, but it would leave the team with little to no flexibility in the free agent market and even for in-season call-ups and demotions. Instead, one of Chicago’s core players might need to move. Lazerus knows that neither Brent Seabrook or Artem Anisimov have been asked to waive their No-Movement clauses to be dealt elsewhere and it’s hard to imagine the team trading many of their other No-Movement players like Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Duncan Keith, or Corey Crawford. Marian Hossa may as well be immovable as well, given that the 38-year-old has four years left on his contract at $5.275MM per. That leaves defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson, who Lazerus believes could very well end up on the move. Hjalmarsson is the only high-priced player on the roster without a true No-Movement clause, as he has a limited No-Trade in which he can submit a 10-team list of destinations. This gives the team some flexibility to make a move they couldn’t with the others barring a waiver. Hjalmarsson carries a $4.1MM cap hit, which alone is insufficient, but in addition to Kruger and possibly others would get the Blackhawks where they need to be."

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017...compliant.html

Old
06-11-2017, 09:16 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Lou you are missing something.

Deal Brodin and you still lose Dumba via the expansion draft. Now you are down 2 roster D.

Expose both, and you lose 1 for nothing, but at least your roster only has 1 hole in it.

The only way a deal makes sense for them is if they are getting back a roster D who is not expansion eligible.
wait, if they trade brodin, how would they lose dumba? they would then protect suter/spurgeon/dumba as far as i can see, their issue would be losing scandella in that scenario. either way, wild are in a bad spot and have a lot of options in the next few days.

Old
06-11-2017, 10:19 AM
Estlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
I think I'd be ok with them offering one of JFK, Lauzon or Zboril, and this years first and maybe a lesser prospect, that's unlikely to crack the lineup here (O'Gara, Gryz, etc.) for Duchene and a later pick.

I'm sure some here will say it's too much and Avs fans will say it isn't enough.

Either way...as I posted yesterday, as long as it's not McAvoy or Pasta going, I'm good with just about any other young player/prospect/pick moving to get a forward who is capable of scoring 60-70 points for the next 3-5 years.
Well, that ain't gonna be Landeskog. It's discouraging to hear that Boston is still reportedly interested in trading for him.

Acquiring either Landeskog or Duchene would involve one of Carlo of McAvoy going the other way. To me, both defensemen should be considered untouchable.

Old
06-11-2017, 10:26 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post

I read your posts about prospects and there are no guarantees with them but I would not include JFK in there.

Why?

two reasons

1. he's going to be really good and the Bruins need him more than Colorado when you break it down

2. they don't have to

Boston has a surplus of wingers of high quality and they can deal one of them along with a LHD with the first

Boston does not need to do this deal and Colorado I'm pretty sure really wants that draft pick

Old
06-11-2017, 10:32 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Clode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estlin View Post
Well, that ain't gonna be Landeskog. It's discouraging to hear that Boston is still reportedly interested in trading for him.

Acquiring either Landeskog or Duchene would involve one of Carlo of McAvoy going the other way. To me, both defensemen should be considered untouchable.
Unless you have a link/source, it's pure assumption on your part that Carlo or McAvoy would have to be included. How many times have we speculated about what it would take to get a player, only to see them go for much less? It all depends on what other teams are willing to offer. If the Avs are dead set on moving one of those guys and a B's package not including Carlo or C-Mac is the best they can do, they may have to take it.

Old
06-11-2017, 10:32 AM
DKH

so here is what is being reported by HF Bruins board

Sweeney offered 3 firsts for Hannifan

Bruins have to give up either Carlo or McAvoy for Landeskog or Duschene

The Bruins are interested in Duschene

anything else

Old
06-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Estlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Unless you have a link/source, it's pure assumption on your part that Carlo or McAvoy would have to be included. How many times have we speculated about what it would take to get a player, only to see them go for much less? It all depends on what other teams are willing to offer. If the Avs are dead set on moving one of those guys and a B's package not including Carlo or C-Mac is the best they can do, they may have to take it.
I base it on the fact that Colorado needs defense (and not a prospect) and has made that known more or less publicly and that Carlo's name came up in Bruins-Avalanche rumors earlier in the season. I just don't see how Sakic doesn't demand one of Carlo or McAvoy if Boston wants Landeskog (or Duchene, for that matter).

Closed Thread