HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hordichuk suspended for altercation with Parros

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2006, 05:49 PM
jeffreyaa

vCash: 500
Hordichuk suspended for altercation with Parros

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=160303&hubname=nhl

I was actually at the game so didn't hear any commentary on it. I know he got a 10-min misconduct after swinging w/Big George, but I am not clear on what the suspension is about- anyone know? The article doesn't say anything.

For the record, I've always thought Hordichuk was a grade-A biznatch.

Old
03-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
I concur

Old
03-27-2006, 05:55 PM
BINGO

furshizzle

Old
03-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Osprey

I posted this earlier to the Kings/Preds GDT, but, now that it has its own thread, let's not let this turn into a flamefest.

Old
03-27-2006, 06:13 PM
jeffreyaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
let's not let this turn into a flamefest.
Agreed, I'm just curious if anyone knows what he actually did?

Old
03-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'm guessing he abused the officials verbally.

Old
03-27-2006, 06:52 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
I only caught the tail end of it, but someone named Larry (a Kings fan) called XM and was saying that he thought Parros was totally out of line. At that point I thought Larry was totally out to lunch.

Is Larry here?

Old
03-27-2006, 06:53 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I'm guessing he abused the officials verbally.

Which doesn't always warrant a suspension, but with his track record, he'll never not be on a short leash

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
03-27-2006, 07:28 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

i suspect its the same reason why he got the misconduct....now we just need figure out why he got the misconduct...going after Luc? both fighters only got roughing penalties, yet Hodichuk was chucking em while Parros was on the ice...dont think that's a penalty though

Old
03-27-2006, 07:30 PM
McSorley 33

I was at the game and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Parros was trying to get him to go on a delayed call against the Kings. Shortly after, they tried to go and Parros fell. Not sure what happened..got the crowd really going though.

Old
03-27-2006, 08:07 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

I'm not a Hordichuk fan or anything...but I swear the NHL is just finding ways to suspend enforcers and gradually take fighting out of hockey...

Old
03-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Belanger25
The Iceman!

I think it maybe for his skate over towards Luc.

Old
03-27-2006, 09:09 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
I'm not a Hordichuk fan or anything...but I swear the NHL is just finding ways to suspend enforcers and gradually take fighting out of hockey...
Darcy Hordichuk's official site.

Egads. I just re-watched a Tivo'd version. Darcy goes a few feet out of his way to get to Parros, but nothing out of the ordinary. The fight is uneventful enough that the refs categorize it as "double roughing minors", so nothing there. Out of camera range, Hordichuck evidently "goes after" Robitaille, who had "run into" him (lightly, but enough to "let him know he's there") a few shifts earlier.

It was out of camera, but Foxy commented on it, so that could be it. Scrap with a guy and then on the way off try to scrap w/ another *could* be what they're attempting to frown upon?

Preds fans lurking here - you're getting the shaft from the NHL based on reputation. He's a good teammate, but he is a bit of a looney bird out there. Enjoy him while you can, b/c the NHL will see to it that he goes the way of the buffalo.

Old
03-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Pepper

Let's put this in to context shall we?

Hordichuk got a suspension as long as Brooks Orpik for breaking Eric Cole's neck with a hit from behind and as long as Ryan Hollweg got for cross-checking Umberger headfirst in to the boards causing a busted eye requiring what 17 stiches.

Thank you NHL for getting your priorities straight.

Somebody please shoot Bettman & Campbell.

Old
03-28-2006, 01:44 AM
jeffreyaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
Let's put this in to context shall we?

Hordichuk got a suspension as long as Brooks Orpik for breaking Eric Cole's neck with a hit from behind and as long as Ryan Hollweg got for cross-checking Umberger headfirst in to the boards causing a busted eye requiring what 17 stiches.

Thank you NHL for getting your priorities straight.

Somebody please shoot Bettman & Campbell.
Haha- true 'nuff. Those other suspensions were jokes. Hurricanes fans got to be P-I-S-S-E-D!

I guess going after Luc would make some sense as far as Hordichuk's misconduct/suspension, since you're supposed to just go straight to the box. If that's the case, though [or even if it's abuse of officials], why wouldn't they just say that in the reports? Weird.

Old
03-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Bad Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball
Darcy Hordichuk's official site.

Egads. I just re-watched a Tivo'd version. Darcy goes a few feet out of his way to get to Parros, but nothing out of the ordinary. The fight is uneventful enough that the refs categorize it as "double roughing minors", so nothing there. Out of camera range, Hordichuck evidently "goes after" Robitaille, who had "run into" him (lightly, but enough to "let him know he's there") a few shifts earlier.

It was out of camera, but Foxy commented on it, so that could be it. Scrap with a guy and then on the way off try to scrap w/ another *could* be what they're attempting to frown upon?

Preds fans lurking here - you're getting the shaft from the NHL based on reputation. He's a good teammate, but he is a bit of a looney bird out there. Enjoy him while you can, b/c the NHL will see to it that he goes the way of the buffalo.
They way they are saying this AM in Nashville is because he came out too early for a shift so they classified it as leaving the bench thats why the Preds got popped with the too many men. I chalk it up to more inconsistancy from the leagur when it comes to discipline.

Old
03-28-2006, 12:33 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones93
They way they are saying this AM in Nashville is because he came out too early for a shift so they classified it as leaving the bench thats why the Preds got popped with the too many men. I chalk it up to more inconsistancy from the leagur when it comes to discipline.
Ah HA! That would explain the odd "too many men on the ice" penalty taken at the same time as the double roughing minors. I think we have the answer. Darcy might've caught a break from the league office then, Pepper, b/c he could very easily be held to a rule that would've cost him 10 games.

I don't think it can be chalked up to "inconsistency" when there isn't much precedent for a situation like this.

Old
03-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Bad Karma

Ah, I based it along with how the league has let the fighting in the last 5 minutes w/instigator penalty being called and no suspensions being handed out for some players.

Closed Thread