HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Marc-Antoine Pouliot

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2003, 09:28 AM
Qubax

vCash: 500
Marc-Antoine Pouliot

What kind of player will/can he become....

I saw him in Calgary at the World Junior Tryouts and he reminded me of Simone Gagne....but Pouliot's a centreman right..?

I know he's scoring pretty good in the Q and he's not playing with Crosby much, maybe just on the PP....

he's not real small but he does need to fill out....

Is he a playmaking centreman...?

What do you guys think his upside is...?

Thanks

Old
10-28-2003, 10:42 AM
Cariboux

M-A Pouliot is a complete player who plays on the 1st line of the Rimouski Oceanic with Danny Roussin and Danick Jasmin-Riel (injured). He plays on the PP and on the PK and he's doing a great job.

6'2'' - 188

Old
10-28-2003, 11:24 AM
Qubax

Hmm thanks...The complete player part is probably the most important part to his development no coubt the kid has skills...Thanks..

Old
10-28-2003, 01:45 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
M-A Pouliot is a complete player who plays on the 1st line of the Rimouski Oceanic with Danny Roussin and Danick Jasmin-Riel (injured). He plays on the PP and on the PK and he's doing a great job.

6'2'' - 188
Is Roussin better because of Pouliot is centering him or is he just playing that well?? I see that Roussin is 3rd in the Q in scoring and was thinking it could be due to the play of his linemates more than a reflection of his actual play (given that the guy is a 7th round draft choice compared to Pouliot who's a 1st rounder).

Old
10-28-2003, 03:57 PM
Qubax

Not sure myself I would think that your right that Pouliot is bringing him up ..chances are he's skilled but not NHL material....this 7th rounder that is...and Pouliot's skills are junior and NHL capable and they work well together but Poliout will continue on into the NHL>...

Old
10-28-2003, 05:33 PM
moosefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPanther
Is Roussin better because of Pouliot is centering him or is he just playing that well?? I see that Roussin is 3rd in the Q in scoring and was thinking it could be due to the play of his linemates more than a reflection of his actual play (given that the guy is a 7th round draft choice compared to Pouliot who's a 1st rounder).
Well last year I really like Roussin, remember as well Steve Bernier, Pouliot and Roussin grew up since something dumb like Peewee and Bantam and all through Midget AAA playing on the same line as one another so these guys know one anothers game to a tee. Roussin IMO was a great two way player on the ice who plays good in the offensive end. Sure his numbers are inflated a bit from Pouliot but Roussin isn't shabby either in the offensive end. I think a NHL career could be in the works for this guy as I really think he was a steal in the late rounds.

Old
10-28-2003, 05:46 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosefan
Well last year I really like Roussin, remember as well Steve Bernier, Pouliot and Roussin grew up since something dumb like Peewee and Bantam and all through Midget AAA playing on the same line as one another so these guys know one anothers game to a tee. Roussin IMO was a great two way player on the ice who plays good in the offensive end. Sure his numbers are inflated a bit from Pouliot but Roussin isn't shabby either in the offensive end. I think a NHL career could be in the works for this guy as I really think he was a steal in the late rounds.
Thanks for the info. He was drafted by FL supposedly as a center (which is probably the deepest position) but I'm glad to see he's playing LW this season. The one position I think FL could use some strong prospects is on the left side. He just seems to start out strong as I read the Redline Report from USA of exactly a yr ago and Woodlief had him as a rising player because he had like 10 pts in the first 7 games. I would like to see if he can continue his pace. I just saw he was the offensive player of the week in the Q so he's getting some recognition for his play now. I really hope he is a steal for FL

Old
10-28-2003, 05:59 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

kings really wanted this guy pretty bad. Had Brown not been available at the #13 spot, Pouliot would have been the guy they taken. He's a good prospect and I only wished he dropped down to our #26 spot. But as luck had it, all the people we wanted were taking right before we came up (ie stewart, pouliot, etc etc). oh well...

Old
10-28-2003, 06:24 PM
LHJMQ MASTER

Send a message via ICQ to LHJMQ MASTER
pouliot is over rated!

Old
10-28-2003, 06:26 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHJMQ MASTER
pouliot is over rated!
Yep..They say he wouldve done better and more things if he was on a better team. Is this stopping Crosbey? did that stop Bernier?
NOPE!

Old
10-28-2003, 06:34 PM
dem

Yea.. and whos doing better now, Pouliot or Bernier?

Old
10-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-SHARKIE
Yep..They say he wouldve done better and more things if he was on a better team. Is this stopping Crosbey? did that stop Bernier?
NOPE!
I don't know where you're going with this... It didn't stop Pouliot last year either when he did very well on a terrible team.

Old
10-28-2003, 07:07 PM
johnson

Quote:
NOPE!
Actually, Pouliot had pretty good numbers for the Oceanic last season. So I'd say he did fine.

Old
10-28-2003, 07:18 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosefan
sounds similar to the Parenteau-Bouchard connection

Old
10-29-2003, 06:32 AM
Cariboux

The reason why Dany Roussin was drafted in the 7th round is that he started the season in Sherbrooke where he was not getting a lot of ice time. After he's get traded to Rimouski, he has 38 points in 38 games.

I don't think his numbers are inflated because of Pouliot.

Old
10-29-2003, 06:39 AM
momentai

Quote:
Is this stopping Crosbey?
Well, Sidney doesn't exactly play on a bad team either so I fail to see your point.

Old
10-29-2003, 07:10 AM
mugu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax
What kind of player will/can he become....

I saw him in Calgary at the World Junior Tryouts and he reminded me of Simone Gagne....but Pouliot's a centreman right..?

I know he's scoring pretty good in the Q and he's not playing with Crosby much, maybe just on the PP....

he's not real small but he does need to fill out....

Is he a playmaking centreman...?

What do you guys think his upside is...?

Thanks
reminded you of gagne??????

i also watched him at the wjc selec camp and he was probably one of the slowest skaters out on the ice, thats his weakness

his offence is fine but he needs to add a lot of weight to play at the next level

Old
10-29-2003, 07:23 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
NOPE!

C Pouliot, Marc-Antoine Rim 14 9 12 21
AD Bernier, Steve Mon 14 6 7 13

And what is stopping Bernier this year??

Closed Thread