Old
06-16-2017, 07:44 AM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
True Grit

vCash: 500
Awards:
Bob McKenzie says Jordan Eberle is likely to be traded by Saturday

This infrom TSNís Bob McKenzie on Toronto 1050, his speculation that Jordan Eberle will be traded by Saturday: ďBy no means is it 100 guaranteed that Eberle will be traded period. Itís not 100 percent guaranteed that heíll be traded by Saturday. But Iíd be the least surprised guy in the world if he was.

ďI would say itís more likely than not that the trade happens before the freeze on Saturday for obvious reasons, you know, protection issues, whatever the case may be.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/news...zC5?li=AAggXBR

You tell 'em I'M coming...

and Hell's coming with me, you hear?! ... Hell's coming with me!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 07:45 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I like Drouin, but if TB got Sergachev, they were asking for either Carlo or McAvoy from Boston and that's a non-starter for me.

My son had a hockey lesson and one of the other Dad's likes MTL and he didn't like the move, particularly when you look at the coach they just signed to a long term deal. With Clode in charge, it would seem that a guy like Landeskog (even Duchene) would have been a better fit?

And then to turn around and sign him to a 6 yr/$33m deal? I would have tried for a bridge deal similar to the ones guys like Johansen and Marchand signed before I committed to six years.
agreed, no way a deal for Drouin gets done, IMO, if the B`s would have offered up Zboril/Lauzon..

This still doesn`t really address the issue the Habs have up the middle but it will help their scoring

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 07:45 AM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
True Grit

Awards:
Report: Alex Radulovís contract demands may be too high for Canadiens

Both parties have interest, but the cost may be the breaking point

It appears as though Alexander Radulov may be distancing himself from the Montreal Canadiens. His current asking price is higher than desired to keep the Russian forward according to Pierre LeBrun

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/...QJT?li=AAggXBR

Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 07:48 AM
Blowfish

Radulov is replaced by Drouin plus Montreal loses top prospect D. Which they desperately need. Could have kept prospect and radulov? No?

Blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 07:49 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredWBC8 View Post
Have to give HUGE props to Yzerman. He broke Drouin. Dude had a decent to good year last year to get his value back, and just when it's time to get paid, he ships him off for a potential first pair guy in Sergachev and now gets to protect Killorn/Palat. Add that with somehow getting Philly to take Filipula at the deadline. Added Cernak and a TOR 2nd at the deadline as well. I love this guy as a GM.
good move by Stevie Y, there never seemed to be much love between Drouin and Yzerman.

There`s alot of talent that needs to be signed there and if not mistaken, they would have had to expose Drouin in the expansion draft where surely the Knights would have taken him for zippo.

We will see how Drouin fares being one of the "go to" guys, where in Tampa he wasn`t quite that, a helluva talent but for as much as it pains me to say it, different beast playing in Montreal than in TB and for a coach who isn`t exactly embracing of the run and gun game

Old
06-16-2017, 08:02 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Report: Alex RadulovÔŅĹs contract demands may be too high for Canadiens

It appears as though Alexander Radulov may be distancing himself from the Montreal Canadiens. His current asking price is higher than desired to keep the Russian forward according to Pierre LeBrun

KHL time again for Rads

Old
06-16-2017, 08:03 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
Radulov is replaced by Drouin plus Montreal loses top prospect D. Which they desperately need. Could have kept prospect and radulov? No?
think their approach or belief was lock up a younger player in Drouin rather than haggle with Radulov

Old
06-16-2017, 08:06 AM
SPLBRUIN

Quote:
Report: Alex Radulovís contract demands may be too high for Canadiens

If the Habs don't resign Radulov that takes a lot of the shine away from the Drouin trade, they need to get that done.

SPLBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 08:26 AM
RetiredWBC8

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Buffalo Sabres hire Phil Housley as head coach

BUFFALO, N.Y. ó Phil Housley began his Hall of Fame playing career in Buffalo. It is also where he will open his NHL head-coaching career after being hired by the Sabres on Thursday.

Housley's hiring completes an offseason overhaul for the Sabres in replacing coach Dan Bylsma, who was fired along with general manager Tim Murray in April. He represents the first significant move made by first-time general manager Jason Botterill, who took over the job last month.

Housley takes over a team that stagnated under Murray in extended its franchise-worst playoff drought to six seasons. With a 33-37-12 record, Buffalo finished last in the Atlantic Division, 26th overall, and with two fewer wins than last season.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/...ach/ar-BBCJOT5
Love the Housley hiring, but not sure about Botterill overall. I do like the direction they seem to be taking. Was never a fan of Tim Murray.

RetiredWBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 08:45 AM
Sharp Shooting Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
good move by Stevie Y, there never seemed to be much love between Drouin and Yzerman.

There`s alot of talent that needs to be signed there and if not mistaken, they would have had to expose Drouin in the expansion draft where surely the Knights would have taken him for zippo.

We will see how Drouin fares being one of the "go to" guys, where in Tampa he wasn`t quite that, a helluva talent but for as much as it pains me to say it, different beast playing in Montreal than in TB and for a coach who isn`t exactly embracing of the run and gun game
There are sure to be show downs between the offence first Drouin and the defence first Julien. The press and the fans will be all over it. The pressure on Drouin could be unbearable at times should he resist Claude. Can see the same situation playing out in Ottawa as Chabot arrives on the scene. Both players were encouraged to exploit their supreme offencive talents while largely ignoring any though of honing defencive ones. That becomes a huge problem and a source of friction with coaches when they arive on the NHL scene. Doubly so with coaches like Julien and Boucher.

Sharp Shooting Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 08:51 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddkarma View Post
2 big trades in two years. Drouin will be a pain in the Bruins butts for sure...
Who's a better player

Pastrnak or Drouin

2013 Drouin 3 overall
2014 Pastrnak 25 overall

Who will be better over next 10 years

06-16-2017, 09:00 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Who's a better player

Pastrnak or Drouin

2013 Drouin 3 overall
2014 Pastrnak 25 overall

Easily Pastrnak, Drouin has a ways to go to catch Pasta.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 09:00 AM
Sharp Shooting Neely

Watching Bergevin make another big move spurred a though on the contrast between he and Sweeny.

Sweeny, whether you agree or not, has taken a longer view and acted accordingly in building the organization to be more than just competitive for many years. He has not shown any glaring signs of deviating from that plan. Bergevin appears to live in the now and willing to make big deals, ie: Subban and Drouin being the latest, that are big news at the time but indicate he is stuck in neutral. Hard to fathom that he has much in the way of a plan that indicates a consistent train of though to longer term goals or vision.

No hesitation with applauding Sweeny for his approach and how he has shown commitment to seeing it through to date. With tongue in cheek, applauding Bergevin as well, just for very different reasons.

Sharp Shooting Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 09:12 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Shooting Neely View Post
Watching Bergevin make another big move spurred a though on the contrast between he and Sweeny.

Sweeny, whether you agree or not, has taken a longer view and acted accordingly in building the organization to be more than just competitive for many years. He has not shown any glaring signs of deviating from that plan. Bergevin appears to live in the now and willing to make big deals, ie: Subban and Drouin being the latest, that are big news at the time but indicate he is stuck in neutral. Hard to fathom that he has much in the way of a plan that indicates a consistent train of though to longer term goals or vision.

No hesitation with applauding Sweeny for his approach and how he has shown commitment to seeing it through to date. With tongue in cheek, applauding Bergevin as well, just for very different reasons.
Habs are panicking.

Rumors are the negociation with their best forward, Radulov, is not going well. They are in a win-now mode with Price 1y away from UFA or from signing a 9M+ long term deal. They had to trade their only great D prospect to make a lateral move from Radulov to Drouin. If Radulov signs, then the money will be short to keep both Galchenyuk and Markov and they still have no good C to play the Julien system.

It's a very good time to be a Bruins fan.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 09:13 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Who's a better player

Pastrnak or Drouin

2013 Drouin 3 overall
2014 Pastrnak 25 overall

Pastrnak is younger and better. Now, Sweeney has to give him Marchand money so we can enjoy the next 8y.

49M/8y. Do it Don.

Old
06-16-2017, 09:24 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

vCash: 583
Quote:
Who's a better player

Pastrnak or Drouin

2013 Drouin 3 overall
2014 Pastrnak 25 overall

"Talent" wise I believe they are similar. Better player is Pastrnak by a few miles.

PatriceBergeronFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 11:08 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Not sure where to put this but it looks like they are voting on the salary cap for this year.

Looks like it will be at $75 Million

I am Boston Strong
6/15/11
4/15/13
10/30/13 | 2/1/15 | 2/5/17

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 11:16 AM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

vCash: 4000000
Montreal is all in now as they need to win a Cup before Toronto does.

Bruins are in a brutal division.

Fenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 11:23 AM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway View Post

Meh. They haven't addressed their biggest need and they replaced Radulov with a play who Julien will not trust. I have complete faith in Bergevin's ability to continue to **** that team up

Rubber Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 11:24 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:

May be a brutal division on paper but truthfully, unless Montreal's attitude as a team changes, the Leafs will win before them.

Montreal has this me first mentality imo. Boston and Toronto do not.

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 12:09 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:

Brutal division? Because of Habs and Leafs?

I put only TB above the Bruins.

Bruins better than all the other pretenders. Some are on the upswing (Tor-Buf-Flo), some with no real futur and not good enough to win it all in a win-now mode (Mtl), one that is rebuilding and will end up in the basement (Det) and the last one (Ott) which we'll see if they will repeat their surprising 16-17 season.

Still early for prediction with the rosters not set for 17-18, but I see the division like this right now:

TB
Bos
Tor
Flo
Mtl
Buf
Ott
Det

Old
06-16-2017, 12:10 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
There are sure to be show downs between the offence first Drouin and the defence first Julien. The press and the fans will be all over it. The pressure on Drouin could be unbearable at times should he resist Claude. Can see the same situation playing out in Ottawa as Chabot arrives on the scene. Both players were encouraged to exploit their supreme offencive talents while largely ignoring any though of honing defencive ones. That becomes a huge problem and a source of friction with coaches when they arive on the NHL scene. Doubly so with coaches like Julien and Boucher.
speaking about Ottawa, during the playoffs as Bobby Ryan was burning the B`s the PBP crew were speaking about his (Ryan`s) problems with playing Boucher`s way, wasn`t a fan of it etc...

Old
06-16-2017, 12:45 PM
zaYG
Nerevarine

I'd be okay with throwing Radulov a contract but I assume it would be way too rich for the current Bruins structure.

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 12:54 PM
Fenian24

league minimum is too much for Radulov, perfect Hab to me.

Fenian24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 01:08 PM
BadBruins

Quote:
Sweeny, whether you agree or not, has taken a longer view and acted accordingly in building the organization to be more than just competitive for many years. He has not shown any glaring signs of deviating from that plan. Bergevin appears to live in the now and willing to make big deals, ie:

I'm not sure I agree. I think we've seen moves/decisions in every which direction. One minute you're selling off a 21 year old Hamilton and Milan Lucic for picks, the next minute you're signing UFA's like Beleskey and Backes for 5 years at big dollars. Then there's trading for rentals (Stempniak/Liles/Stafford) and letting your own assets expire without return (Eriksson).

I give them credit for rebuilding the prospect pool while staying competitive. I think that was the easy part though. If you have the luxury of being a big market team and operate near the cap, you should be competitive. Getting to that next level is the hard part. Can't be afraid of making mistakes. For once I'd like to see them on the other side of a 3 for 1 package.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote