HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who goes to Lost Wages?

View Poll Results: Who will go to Vegas?
Perreault 9 8.11%
Lowry 17 15.32%
Dano 63 56.76%
Copp 8 7.21%
Matthias 2 1.80%
Myers 2 1.80%
Other 10 9.01%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-12-2017, 11:05 PM
  #26
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 6,358
vCash: 500
Expecting dano, hoping armia or copp or a pick. Perrault, dano, and Lowery are likely the most valuable. Im hoping Vegas has a hunc Armia can turn into a serious gamer and they come up blank.

Grind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2017, 11:08 PM
  #27
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 6,358
vCash: 500
If we lose Matty P we severly overrated the importance of St minimum one other player.

None of these guys are close to being borderline first line which is what Matty P has been for the past four years.

That's disgusting asset management imo. If your going to lose Matty P find a way to deal him for something you can keep

Grind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 02:48 AM
  #28
GJF
Beaver Jedi
 
GJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Heidelberg, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,497
vCash: 50
I'm gonna be REALLY pissed if we lose Matty P. There are ways to avoid that scenario and we have the assets, picks and the prospect pool to afford it. Sure Las Vegas would love Frenchy but I trust Chevy enough that we value Perreault highly enough to make sure we keep him.

I expect to lose Dano or Armia. Small chances for Myers but I doubt LV would want to take the risk around his health.

GJF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 02:50 AM
  #29
Jets4Life
Registered User
 
Jets4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hellebuyck County
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
For the love of God, don't let Lowry go!

Jets4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 05:54 AM
  #30
ps241
Playoff push 2017
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,129
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
For the love of God, don't let Lowry go!
They will overpay to protect Lowry if they have to in my opinion. I highly doubt they leave it to chance either.

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 07:28 AM
  #31
lomiller1
Registered User
 
lomiller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,964
vCash: 500
Armia

lomiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 08:22 AM
  #32
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26,810
vCash: 500
Dano is probably who the Jets will want to lose. I think LV would probably prefer Lowry, Perreault, Armia and perhaps Copp. Chevy will probably have to swing a deal to persuade LV to take Dano.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 08:27 AM
  #33
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Dano is probably who the Jets will want to lose. I think LV would probably prefer Lowry, Perreault, Armia and perhaps Copp. Chevy will probably have to swing a deal to persuade LV to take Dano.
Unless we can protect 7. If so no deal necessary.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 08:34 AM
  #34
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Unless we can protect 7. If so no deal necessary.
Right. If it's 7-3-1 I expect the Jets to leave Dano unprotected.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 08:36 AM
  #35
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26,810
vCash: 500
If Enstrom waives his NMC for the xD, would he be able to force LV to honor it for the season? Very low chance that LV would want Enstrom if they can't flip him before the trade deadline.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 08:39 AM
  #36
mcpw
WPG
 
mcpw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
If Enstrom waives his NMC for the xD, would he be able to force LV to honor it for the season?
Yes.

mcpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 08:47 AM
  #37
Guffman
Strait is Great!
 
Guffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Country: Canada
Posts: 950
vCash: 500
I think Dano is the player we lose (with a sweetener, like a draft pick or B prospect) when all is said and done.

An exciting month!

Guffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 10:30 AM
  #38
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,958
vCash: 500
With the Dano announcement today, I would be more inclined to believe that it will be 7-3-1 and Dano would be the likely selection then. Still, I'm not going to count my chickens until the cows come home.

nobody important is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 11:27 AM
  #39
koth
Registered User
 
koth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,900
vCash: 50
I voted for Armia.

koth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 11:33 AM
  #40
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,633
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomiller1 View Post
Armia
For the love of God, don't let Lowry Armia go!

Quite honestly I think Armia is worth more than Lowry. His forecheck and PK alone make him worth more and I think he will score if used with more skilled linemates.

When I say 'worth more' I mean he will contribute more to wins. Market value right now I'm sure Lowry would be higher.

Mortimer Snerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 12:49 PM
  #41
10Ducky10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
For the love of God, don't let Lowry Armia go!

Quite honestly I think Armia is worth more than Lowry. His forecheck and PK alone make him worth more and I think he will score if used with more skilled linemates.

When I say 'worth more' I mean he will contribute more to wins. Market value right now I'm sure Lowry would be higher.
I agree 100%.

10Ducky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 01:36 PM
  #42
JetBlue420
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eagle Creek Drive
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,381
vCash: 500
Went other. I think Dano and Petan both go there.

JetBlue420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 12:01 AM
  #43
truck
Registered User
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Dano is probably who the Jets will want to lose. I think LV would probably prefer Lowry, Perreault, Armia and perhaps Copp. Chevy will probably have to swing a deal to persuade LV to take Dano.
Dano is among the best case for LV IMO.

Youngest of that bunch and carries the most upside apart from Perreault.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 12:49 AM
  #44
peter sullivan
Winnipeg
 
peter sullivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 500
I don't see how Dano gets taken without a deal being made. Chevy doesn't do deals that often.

I'd be fine losing Dano. I'd love to lose Copp. Armia is replaceable. Any one of those three and the jets would be laughing.

I can't see them exposing a top four defenceman even if Myers has been injured. It's not easy to replace them.

Losing MP or Lowry would be disappointing.

I think it will be MP.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 12:50 AM
  #45
Zhamnov5GoalGame
Registered User
 
Zhamnov5GoalGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 1,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
I'm hoping we pull of a trade. A win-win-win situation.

We trade Petan to Vegas so that they select Thorburn after we sign him to a 2 year deal.

Petan needs to play in a top 6 somewhere with good players. He isn't going to be supplanting Scheif or Little at Center. Lowry is better defensively than him to play a 3rd line scoring role and the org loves Lowry. And he is just wasted in a 4th line role. He isn't going to be supplanting Wheeler, Laine, Ehlers or Perreault on the wings and isn't as good defensively as either Dano or Armia to beat them out for a defensive role. Copp is likely already supplanting him as a bottom 6er as well. And with Connor and Roslovic likely passing him soon on the depth chart at both C and the wing.

We give Petan the chance to be a top 6 go to guy on a fresh team where he will likely be one of the more skilled guys. He'll get top 6 time and likely 1st line PP time. We also get Thorburn a role on a fresh team as a locker room guy where he could play out another 2 years in a bottom 6 role and possibly even be in a captaincy role. He'd be great for helping build their community and everyone seems to like him on the Jets. Heck he was even friends with Kane.
No, no, no, no...no.
No one is allowed to suggest any scenario where Thorburn signs with us for any purpose. That only ends in Sniper playing 60+ games for the Jets.

In almost every mock lineup I've seen (aside from ones that show Perrault as the pick) the Jets player is always listed as an extra player. Not even getting on the 4th line.

I wouldn't pencil Petan into any big minute roles just yet.
I can't see why Vegas would want Thorburn so this makes ZERO sense.


Last edited by Zhamnov5GoalGame: 06-16-2017 at 12:55 AM.
Zhamnov5GoalGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 12:54 AM
  #46
Zhamnov5GoalGame
Registered User
 
Zhamnov5GoalGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 1,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubkid75 View Post
I think Chevy sends Vegas a draft pick to take someone like Matthias or Hutch
Would this be a 1st round pick?

Why on earth would Vegas select Hucth?
Look at the goalies they have access to.
NO WAY THEY TOUCH HIM.

Plus the forwards crop is fairly weak (compared to goalies and D) so they won't pass up someone like Perrault, Lowry, Armia, Copp or Dano.

The cost to make what you suggest happen would be way too high to be worth it.

Zhamnov5GoalGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 01:31 AM
  #47
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,221
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov5GoalGame View Post
No, no, no, no...no.
No one is allowed to suggest any scenario where Thorburn signs with us for any purpose. That only ends in Sniper playing 60+ games for the Jets.

In almost every mock lineup I've seen (aside from ones that show Perrault as the pick) the Jets player is always listed as an extra player. Not even getting on the 4th line.

I wouldn't pencil Petan into any big minute roles just yet.
I can't see why Vegas would want Thorburn so this makes ZERO sense.
They don't "want" Thorburn they take him for getting Petan. Unless of course they like someone like Mattias more which is possible. But getting Thor and Petan is a good situation for them. Thor would be a very serviceable bottom 6/depth guy.

Carl Soderberg, Michael Frolik, Benoit Pouliot, Jakob Silfverberg, Jamie McGinn, Josh Bailey, Leo Komarov, Marcus Foligno,, Jesper Fast, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Tomas Jurco, Scott Laughton, Sam Gagner, Ty Rattie, Colton Sissons.

Is one projected forward roster. You don't think Petan could play his way up that group?

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 07:46 AM
  #48
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 6,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
They don't "want" Thorburn they take him for getting Petan. Unless of course they like someone like Mattias more which is possible. But getting Thor and Petan is a good situation for them. Thor would be a very serviceable bottom 6/depth guy.

Carl Soderberg, Michael Frolik, Benoit Pouliot, Jakob Silfverberg, Jamie McGinn, Josh Bailey, Leo Komarov, Marcus Foligno,, Jesper Fast, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Tomas Jurco, Scott Laughton, Sam Gagner, Ty Rattie, Colton Sissons.

Is one projected forward roster. You don't think Petan could play his way up that group?
Seriously this list reads like a who's who of players to watch/top breakout candidates of 3-4 years ago. It's kind of funny.

And there's some reasonably decent reasonably young forwards in that group.

Grind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 08:08 AM
  #49
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
I don't see how Dano gets taken without a deal being made. Chevy doesn't do deals that often.

I'd be fine losing Dano. I'd love to lose Copp. Armia is replaceable. Any one of those three and the jets would be laughing.

I can't see them exposing a top four defenceman even if Myers has been injured. It's not easy to replace them.

Losing MP or Lowry would be disappointing.

I think it will be MP.
All things considered, I would rather lose Dano than Copp or Armia.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 08:10 AM
  #50
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
They don't "want" Thorburn they take him for getting Petan. Unless of course they like someone like Mattias more which is possible. But getting Thor and Petan is a good situation for them. Thor would be a very serviceable bottom 6/depth guy.

Carl Soderberg, Michael Frolik, Benoit Pouliot, Jakob Silfverberg, Jamie McGinn, Josh Bailey, Leo Komarov, Marcus Foligno,, Jesper Fast, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Tomas Jurco, Scott Laughton, Sam Gagner, Ty Rattie, Colton Sissons.

Is one projected forward roster. You don't think Petan could play his way up that group?
I would be shocked if they are able to select Frolik or Silfverberg.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.