HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Who goes to Lost Wages?

View Poll Results: Who will go to Vegas?
Perreault 9 8.11%
Lowry 17 15.32%
Dano 63 56.76%
Copp 8 7.21%
Matthias 2 1.80%
Myers 2 1.80%
Other 10 9.01%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-16-2017, 08:14 AM
Whileee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Dano is among the best case for LV IMO.

Youngest of that bunch and carries the most upside apart from Perreault.
Maybe, but I think they would select Lowry, Armia and maybe even Copp before Dano.

I think Copp is underrated on this board. He has shown continued improvement and development, which isn't a huge surprise since he was a bit of a late developing prospect and has smarts, athleticism and a very good work ethic.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 08:24 AM
surixon

Vegas may have no choice but to take Dano if the Jets protect 7-3-1 (I think this is quite likely now). I would be fine losing him as I like Copp's versatility a bit more.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 08:34 AM
civic204

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Vegas may have no choice but to take Dano if the Jets protect 7-3-1 (I think this is quite likely now). I would be fine losing him as I like Copp's versatility a bit more.
I agree. Is Myers or Entsrom exposed in your scenario?

Chevy was hinting that Myers might not be healthy. A healthy Myers does have value and his contract is team friendly over the next two years. I wonder if Vegas would consider him if he was exposed.

civic204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 08:40 AM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic204 View Post
I agree. Is Myers or Entsrom exposed in your scenario?

Chevy was hinting that Myers might not be healthy. A healthy Myers does have value and his contract is team friendly over the next two years. I wonder if Vegas would consider him if he was exposed.
I would imagine plan A is to expose Toby. If he doesn't waive plan B might be to expose Myers. Given all the smoke I think Toby is likely to have waived. We shall see Sunday.

Old
06-16-2017, 08:47 AM
truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
I don't see how Dano gets taken without a deal being made. Chevy doesn't do deals that often.

I'd be fine losing Dano. I'd love to lose Copp. Armia is replaceable. Any one of those three and the jets would be laughing.

I can't see them exposing a top four defenceman even if Myers has been injured. It's not easy to replace them.

Losing MP or Lowry would be I.

I think it will be MP.
Here's a scenario for you...

Jets go 7-3-1 leaving Dano exposed.

Dano gets selected.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Guffman
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
I would imagine plan A is to expose Toby. If he doesn't waive plan B might be to expose Myers. Given all the smoke I think Toby is likely to have waived. We shall see Sunday.
They're not exposing Myers.

Maybe they buy out Enstrom if he doesn't waive or just strike a deal with LV to stay away from Perreault/Lowry.

Guffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 09:00 AM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffman View Post
They're not exposing Myers.

Maybe they buy out Enstrom if he doesn't waive or just strike a deal with LV to stay away from Perreault/Lowry.
The window to buyout Toby has passed. I doubt they expose Myers either, but if they want to do 7-3-1 now either Toby has waived or they trade a dmen.

Old
06-16-2017, 09:06 AM
Whileee

Quote:
Here's a scenario for you...

Jets go 7-3-1 leaving Dano exposed.

Dano gets selected.
I'm thinking this is what the Jets have been angling for.

The only question is which D they are exposing, and whether they have had to offer concessions to LV to refrain from selecting a D.

Old
06-16-2017, 09:42 AM
truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I'm thinking this is what the Jets have been angling for.

The only question is which D they are exposing, and whether they have had to offer concessions to LV to refrain from selecting a D.
They may not have to give up anything.

1 year of second pair Enstrom
2 years of ???? Myers
4 years of Dano

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 09:46 AM
Whileee

Quote:

2 years of ???? Myers
4 years of Dano
I tend to agree, but they might think that they can flip Enstrom or Myers for a player as good or better than Dano. It all depends on their valuation of Dano, I suppose.

Old
06-16-2017, 10:32 AM
Weezeric

Quote:

2 years of ???? Myers
4 years of Dano
It could be as simple as they got enstrom to waive his NMC and Chevy gave the choice of who McPhee wanted out of armia, copp, and Dano to agree to not select enstrom.

Weezeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 10:46 AM
Coach G
King Props 2016

vCash: 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezeric View Post
It could be as simple as they got enstrom to waive his NMC and Chevy gave the choice of who McPhee wanted out of armia, copp, and Dano to agree to not select enstrom.
I think this same scenario works if they simply expose Myers instead of Enstrom. Sure, Myers may be slightly more appealing than Enstrom at the moment, but given all the quality D that look to be available to VGK, i can't imagine it would be so hard to talk GMGM out of selecting a Myers who played 11 games last season.

Coach G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 10:54 AM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 576
Quote:

2 years of ???? Myers
4 years of Dano
I think it is logical that LVK still take Dano if either Enstrom or Myers is exposed. So if the Jets want certainty of that, the price should be low.

I would be happy to give up a 7th for an assurance that Myers or Enstrom would be left alone.

Mortimer Snerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 11:01 AM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach G View Post
I think this same scenario works if they simply expose Myers instead of Enstrom. Sure, Myers may be slightly more appealing than Enstrom at the moment, but given all the quality D that look to be available to VGK, i can't imagine it would be so hard to talk GMGM out of selecting a Myers who played 11 games last season.
I would be more inclined to try and talk him into it. I'm not optimistic about Myers future in the league. Yes, a trade even for little return would be better but I wonder how many teams would risk anything for him. And have we seen enough of him to say he's all that good? I seem to recall Sabres fans being happy to see him go.

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 11:14 AM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Delete

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 12:01 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
I would be more inclined to try and talk him into it. I'm not optimistic about Myers future in the league. Yes, a trade even for little return would be better but I wonder how many teams would risk anything for him. And have we seen enough of him to say he's all that good? I seem to recall Sabres fans being happy to see him go.
Recalling that some "Sabres fans being happy to see him go" seems like one of the weakest excuses to make a determination about a player imaginable. Everyone looked pretty terrible on the Sabres.

Myers has been with the Jets since partway through the 2014/15 season, and was making steady improvements in his metrics before his injuries.

Old
06-16-2017, 12:16 PM
Coach G
King Props 2016

vCash: 1097
Quote:
Well, that's why I wouldn't try all that hard. It's really more of an issue of depth at F versus depth on D. The former we have, by most accounts, and the latter we do not. That so many other teams seem always to be searching for defensemen tells me that Myers has a higher value than, say, Copp or Dano.
I also think that the Jets would suffer less from the loss of Myers (replace by a re-signed Postma) than the loss of Enstrom (replace by... options too horrible to contemplate).

Coach G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 12:32 PM
buggs
nanoo nanoo

vCash: 162
Quote:
Quote:
Recalling that some "Sabres fans being happy to see him go" seems like one of the weakest excuses to make a determination about a player imaginable. Everyone looked pretty terrible on the Sabres.

Myers has been with the Jets since partway through the 2014/15 season, and was making steady improvements in his metrics before his injuries.
Complicated scenario with respect to Myers. I could see the Jets leaving him unprotected if they knew they would be able to extend Trouba. Trouba + Buff gives them time to fill the 3rd pairing and Postma certainly could fill that role. If that happened the Jets would be stable for a few years on the right side. I like Myers and think he was improving, matching Whilee's statement but at the same time if we do extend Trouba we'd have a lot of money tied up on RHD so moving Myers would free up some $$.

From Vegas' perspective if Myers health is improving and reports show he'll be ready for the season that's a pretty nice RHD to pick up. Perhaps there was a deal with the Jets to expose Myers and then trade a goaltender back for something else? That's likely just pie in the sky dreaming on my part but if all the parts fell into place it sure would look pretty: extended Trouba, re-signed Postma for a stable place on the third line at low $$ and a 1A/1B goaltender (Grubauer/Raanta) coming back in return for exposing Myers and a couple of other assets (pick/prospect).

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 12:43 PM
Daximus
Aces Charles

vCash: 50
Quote:
I would be shocked if they are able to select Frolik or Silfverberg.
The Flames either lose Backlund or Frolik likely. They will probably protect Gaudreau, Monahan, Bennet, Giordano, Hamilton, Brodie and then have two spots for either Backlund, Frolik, Ferland, Brouwer or Kulak. I'm not sure how it will play out but they could end up losing Backlund or Frolik. I think they like Ferland.

If the Ducks can't move a defencemen they lose Silfverberg or Rakell for sure.

Perry, Getz, Kesler and Bieksa have NMC's. If they protect Lindholm, Vatanen and Fowler that leaves one spot and if it's between Rakell and Silfverberg I think they go with Rakell.
Sound like the ducks have a deal worked out with Vegas though or that's the rumour.

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 12:57 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That's another side to the story.

I think most of us agree that a healthy Myers is worth more than Dano - even if it is only as trade bait. But I think he has to play healthy for some period to demonstrate his value before we get much for him. What are the odds that he comes back perfectly healthy, plays 15-20 or even 11 games and gets hurt again? What are the chances that he comes back but never again plays as well as he did in those 11 games?

I think that, given his mysterious latest injury on top of his history of other injuries there is a lot of risk attached to Myers. Enough risk to make sending him to LVK a reasonable proposition.

If Toby has declined to waive I am inclined to expose Myers and take our chances.

Old
06-16-2017, 01:14 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
That's another side to the story.

I think most of us agree that a healthy Myers is worth more than Dano - even if it is only as trade bait. But I think he has to play healthy for some period to demonstrate his value before we get much for him. What are the odds that he comes back perfectly healthy, plays 15-20 or even 11 games and gets hurt again? What are the chances that he comes back but never again plays as well as he did in those 11 games?

I think that, given his mysterious latest injury on top of his history of other injuries there is a lot of risk attached to Myers. Enough risk to make sending him to LVK a reasonable proposition.

If Toby has declined to waive I am inclined to expose Myers and take our chances.
Jets will have a good read on Myers' health and act accordingly.

It's not like Dano has been an Ironman.

Old
06-16-2017, 01:15 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
The Flames either lose Backlund or Frolik likely. They will probably protect Gaudreau, Monahan, Bennet, Giordano, Hamilton, Brodie and then have two spots for either Backlund, Frolik, Ferland, Brouwer or Kulak. I'm not sure how it will play out but they could end up losing Backlund or Frolik. I think they like Ferland.

If the Ducks can't move a defencemen they lose Silfverberg or Rakell for sure.

Perry, Getz, Kesler and Bieksa have NMC's. If they protect Lindholm, Vatanen and Fowler that leaves one spot and if it's between Rakell and Silfverberg I think they go with Rakell.
Sound like the ducks have a deal worked out with Vegas though or that's the rumour.
I have Flames with plenty of protections.

Gio
Hamilton
Brodie

Gaudreau
Monahan
Frolik
Backlund
Bennett
Bouma
Ferland/Lazar/Whoever

Who am I missing?

Old
06-16-2017, 01:58 PM
Zhamnov5GoalGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
They don't "want" Thorburn they take him for getting Petan. Unless of course they like someone like Mattias more which is possible. But getting Thor and Petan is a good situation for them. Thor would be a very serviceable bottom 6/depth guy.

Carl Soderberg, Michael Frolik, Benoit Pouliot, Jakob Silfverberg, Jamie McGinn, Josh Bailey, Leo Komarov, Marcus Foligno,, Jesper Fast, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Tomas Jurco, Scott Laughton, Sam Gagner, Ty Rattie, Colton Sissons.

Is one projected forward roster. You don't think Petan could play his way up that group?
I'm a big Petan supporter and think he is very talented.
Could he play his way up?
Sure.
But I don't know how coveted he would be by other teams.
Is Frolik really available in the E.D. from Calgary?
Yikes that would be bad for them.
Vegas will have a ton of 3rd line talent plus what ever UFA or traded players they can bring in to fill in their top 6.
Petan's contract status alone might get him relegated to a farm team because he would be one of a very few players that wouldn't need waivers this season.

In a perfect World the Jets transition to 3 scoring lines and Petan finds a home with the right people to excel. Our 3rd line becomes a very useable 4th line and we balance out our playing time better.
Lowry scoring 15goals from a 4th line center position would be a very good thing for the Jets.

If we were to lose Perrault then I think that opens the door to more opportunities for Petan down the road with the Jets.

Zhamnov5GoalGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 02:31 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Of course.

We may expect too much from Drs, though. At least in this context. They can look at a player and say they find nothing wrong. They can't do a very good job of predicting the next piece to break.

These days Drs who specialize in sports Medellin might be a little better than I credit them for with being able to measure strength and fitness better than in the past but they still aren't psychic. How are they at explaining why some players get injured a lot more than others?

Whatever - I'm just saying his history suggests a lot more games lost to injury in future - more than the average player. He could turn into an ironman from here on too but we are talking probabilities, not possibilities.

Old
06-16-2017, 02:31 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Of course.

We may expect too much from Drs, though. At least in this context. They can look at a player and say they find nothing wrong. They can't do a very good job of predicting the next piece to break.

These days Drs who specialize in sports Medellin might be a little better than I credit them for with being able to measure strength and fitness better than in the past but they still aren't psychic. How are they at explaining why some players get injured a lot more than others?

Whatever - I'm just saying his history suggests a lot more games lost to injury in future - more than the average player. He could turn into an ironman from here on too but we are talking probabilities, not possibilities.

Edit: We are also talking about how GMGM is likely to see him.