HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Expansion Draft (6-18-17 - 6-21-17) VGK Selects James Neal

Old
06-14-2017, 07:48 PM
Armourboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
Apparently you can't read. The team has to expose someone who meets the 40, that has nothing to do with an individual players status.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 07:50 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
It has nothing to do with contract, it has to do with rights. Unless the player is on their ELC or a UFA, they either need to be protected or they are exposed.
This is correct...but a player has to be under contract in order to meet the exposure requirements. You can't offer Vegas a player that doesn't have a contract unless it's a goalie who already received a qualifiying offer.

Hinterland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 07:53 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
This is correct...but a player has to be under contract in order to meet the exposure requirements. You can't offer Vegas a player that doesn't have a contract unless it's a goalie who already received a qualifiying offer.
You originally said they didn't need to protected, multiple times, nothing about exposure requirements...

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 07:55 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Once again you aren't getting it, contract has nothing to do with it. Vegas is picking the rights to a player, if they are a RFA without a contract, Vegas will negotiate that contract.

That's why teams aren't signing RFA contracts right now.

Old
06-14-2017, 07:56 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Apparently you can't read. The team has to expose someone who meets the 40, that has nothing to do with an individual players status.
Right. Aberg doesn't meet the 40/70 requirement so he won't go to Vegas unless he gets traded.

Old
06-14-2017, 07:57 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Right. Aberg doesn't meet the 40/70 requirement so he won't go to Vegas unless he gets traded.
No, Aberg is still exposed, the 40 rule has nothing to do with an individual players status. The 40 is strictly a team status lol.

Old
06-14-2017, 07:59 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
If you keep digging this hole so fervently, you're going to hit the center of the Earth.

Old
06-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Armourboy

The 40/70 rule is simply this, the team has to have at least two forwards exposed that meets the 40/70 requirements.

That number has no bearing on whether a player is exposed or not. That comes down to number of years played and that's it.

Old
06-14-2017, 08:07 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Once again you aren't getting it, contract has nothing to do with it. Vegas is picking the rights to a player, if they are a RFA without a contract, Vegas will negotiate that contract.

That's why teams aren't signing RFA contracts right now.
This isn't exactly true. Vegas will receive the list of all unprotected FA's, both restricted and unrestricted. They'll then have a 48h window to sign those players. However, I don't see Vegas making big deals then. 48h is a short time to work out deals and they also want to remain flexible for Free Agency and mainly Expansion draft. I also don't see why Johansen or Arvidsson would be interested to sign in Vegas.

Old
06-14-2017, 08:11 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
This isn't exactly true. Vegas will receive the list of all unprotected FA's, both restricted and unrestricted. They'll then have a 48h window to sign those players. However, I don't see Vegas making big deals then. 48h is a short time to work out deals and they also want to remain flexible for Free Agency and mainly Expansion draft. I also don't see why Johansen or Arvidsson would be interested to sign in Vegas.
Doesn't matter if they're interested in signing in Vegas or not. They are RFA's and don't have much choice, they can also easily be traded. And Vegas can select them without a contract.

Old
06-14-2017, 08:16 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
Doesn't matter if they're interested in signing in Vegas or not. They are RFA's and don't have much choice, they can also easily be traded. And Vegas can select them without a contract.
http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_/...on-free-agency

Wrong. Again. With goaltenders being the only exception, Vegas will have to sign a Free Agent, whether restricted or not, during this 48h window. Otherwise, they'll have to wait for Free Agency in order to sign Free Agents.

Old
06-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_/...on-free-agency

Wrong. Again. With goaltenders being the only exception, Vegas will have to sign a Free Agent, whether restricted or not, during this 48h window. Otherwise, they'll have to wait for Free Agency in order to sign Free Agents.
WRONG. You're wrong, again. Vegas can absolutely choose an RFA with no contract in the expansion draft. This is becoming VERY comical. To me at least.

Old
06-14-2017, 08:22 PM
Jonesey
Dept. of Defense

Hinterland you are very very wrong. Contuing to argue this point will earn you an infraction. Knock it off.

Old
06-14-2017, 08:24 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
Hinterland you are very very wrong. Contuing to argue this point will earn you an infraction. Knock it off.
I'm not so sure about that
But if you say so...at least we don't seem to make much progress here, that's for sure

Old
06-14-2017, 08:28 PM
Armourboy

They will have a 48 hour window to talk to and sign any UFA or RFA who are not under contract. If they do then they can not select a player from that team in the entry draft as that individual will count towards the selection. After the 48 hour window and the entry draft is completed, Vegas then has to play by the exact same rules as every single other team in the NHL.

Essentially the 48 hour window gives them a chance to talk to players to see if they can get a deal done before they select.

It's just gives them a chance to fill a few holes before they make actual selections. I would be surprised if they touch a single RFA before the draft, mainly because many of those players won't want to go there anyways.

Old
06-14-2017, 08:29 PM
Mustard

vCash: 788
Quote:
I'm not so sure about that
But if you say so...at least we don't seem to make much progress here, that's for sure
You literally don't know what you're talking about, man. Go ask any other forum on here or listen to GMDP's interview today or the one's he's done in the past 6 months literally explaining the opposite of what you're saying.

Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 08:41 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
If you keep digging this hole so fervently, you're going to hit the center of the Earth.
Unless

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 09:09 PM
Drake744
Tennessweden

vCash: 344
This is so dumb. Wouldn't literally everyone in the hockey world make it known if Joey and Arvy didn't require being protected?

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 09:17 PM
Jonesey
Dept. of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
This is so dumb. Wouldn't literally everyone in the hockey world make it known if Joey and Arvy didn't require being protected?
Yes which is why we will move past this blip in the radar and continue the discussion.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 09:53 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
I am just sitting back and enjoying this "debate" but I have to ask, with all due respect. Why is it necessary to threaten an infraction here?? I seriously don't get it. He is obviously wrong, but it isn't like he is being malicious or disrespectful to anyone- he truly believes what he is saying, so he continues to argue.

It is kind of a pet peeve of mine when message boards are over-moderated. I just don't see any need whatsoever for an infraction here.

I don't see how anything here is hurting anyone- on the contrary, it is quite entertaining....

(And I know, I know, I probably should have just stayed out of it- my apologies).

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 09:59 PM
Drake744
Tennessweden

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
I am just sitting back and enjoying this "debate" but I have to ask, with all due respect. Why is it necessary to threaten an infraction here?? I seriously don't get it. He is obviously wrong, but it isn't like he is being malicious or disrespectful to anyone- he truly believes what he is saying, so he continues to argue.

It is kind of a pet peeve of mine when message boards are over-moderated. I just don't see any need whatsoever for an infraction here.

I don't see how anything here is hurting anyone- on the contrary, it is quite entertaining....

(And I know, I know, I probably should have just stayed out of it- my apologies).
It doesn't seem like he's trolling so, in defense of his wrong opinion, I agree.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 11:07 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
It doesn't seem like he's trolling so, in defense of his wrong opinion, I agree.
It's not even a wrong opinion, it's just flat out factually incorrect.

I mean it doesn't even make sense that RFA without a contract don't need to be protected. If that was the case no one would have signed a single player for more than a single year last season lol.

Old
06-15-2017, 12:29 AM
sparkle twin
Love you, Nashville

Does anyone have a list of our players that are exempt from the expansion draft?

And yes, I know Saros is exempt!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2017, 12:39 AM
GeauxPreds

Quote:
And what is Craig Smith? Looks dangerous? That's some kind of positive? For some reason you hate Colin Wilson, that's fine. But don't try to pretend there is some kind of huge gap in ability between he and Craig Smith. Wilson is likely the more talented of the two. Neither are anything special. And against all odds, Craig Smith has actually gotten worse every single year for three consecutive years. I shudder to think what he will be next season.
I don't hate wilson but I'd place smith at least one tier of mediocrity above him, especially with how injured wilson always is. Smiths contract is worse but we're not exactly up against the cap here and by the time we will be his contract will be gone.

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2017, 12:41 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Does anyone have a list of our players that are exempt from the expansion draft?

And yes, I know Saros is exempt!
Saros
Fiala
Kamenev
Pettersson
Ejdsell
Moy
Trenin
Kirkland
Richard
Gaudreau
Carrier