HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Expansion Draft (6-18-17 - 6-21-17) VGK Selects James Neal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2017, 07:48 PM
  #101
Armourboy
Registered User
 
Armourboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Posts: 4,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
Apparently you can't read. The team has to expose someone who meets the 40, that has nothing to do with an individual players status.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 07:50 PM
  #102
Hinterland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
It has nothing to do with contract, it has to do with rights. Unless the player is on their ELC or a UFA, they either need to be protected or they are exposed.
This is correct...but a player has to be under contract in order to meet the exposure requirements. You can't offer Vegas a player that doesn't have a contract unless it's a goalie who already received a qualifiying offer.

Hinterland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 07:53 PM
  #103
Mortiest Morty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
This is correct...but a player has to be under contract in order to meet the exposure requirements. You can't offer Vegas a player that doesn't have a contract unless it's a goalie who already received a qualifiying offer.
You originally said they didn't need to protected, multiple times, nothing about exposure requirements...

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 07:55 PM
  #104
Armourboy
Registered User
 
Armourboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Posts: 4,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
This is correct...but a player has to be under contract in order to meet the exposure requirements. You can't offer Vegas a player that doesn't have a contract unless it's a goalie who already received a qualifiying offer.
Once again you aren't getting it, contract has nothing to do with it. Vegas is picking the rights to a player, if they are a RFA without a contract, Vegas will negotiate that contract.

That's why teams aren't signing RFA contracts right now.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 07:56 PM
  #105
Hinterland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
Apparently you can't read. The team has to expose someone who meets the 40, that has nothing to do with an individual players status.
Right. Aberg doesn't meet the 40/70 requirement so he won't go to Vegas unless he gets traded.

Hinterland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  #106
Armourboy
Registered User
 
Armourboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Posts: 4,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
Right. Aberg doesn't meet the 40/70 requirement so he won't go to Vegas unless he gets traded.
No, Aberg is still exposed, the 40 rule has nothing to do with an individual players status. The 40 is strictly a team status lol.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 07:59 PM
  #107
Mortiest Morty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
Right. Aberg doesn't meet the 40/70 requirement so he won't go to Vegas unless he gets traded.
If you keep digging this hole so fervently, you're going to hit the center of the Earth.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 08:02 PM
  #108
Armourboy
Registered User
 
Armourboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Posts: 4,352
vCash: 500
The 40/70 rule is simply this, the team has to have at least two forwards exposed that meets the 40/70 requirements.

That number has no bearing on whether a player is exposed or not. That comes down to number of years played and that's it.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 08:07 PM
  #109
Hinterland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
Once again you aren't getting it, contract has nothing to do with it. Vegas is picking the rights to a player, if they are a RFA without a contract, Vegas will negotiate that contract.

That's why teams aren't signing RFA contracts right now.
This isn't exactly true. Vegas will receive the list of all unprotected FA's, both restricted and unrestricted. They'll then have a 48h window to sign those players. However, I don't see Vegas making big deals then. 48h is a short time to work out deals and they also want to remain flexible for Free Agency and mainly Expansion draft. I also don't see why Johansen or Arvidsson would be interested to sign in Vegas.

Hinterland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 08:11 PM
  #110
Mortiest Morty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
This isn't exactly true. Vegas will receive the list of all unprotected FA's, both restricted and unrestricted. They'll then have a 48h window to sign those players. However, I don't see Vegas making big deals then. 48h is a short time to work out deals and they also want to remain flexible for Free Agency and mainly Expansion draft. I also don't see why Johansen or Arvidsson would be interested to sign in Vegas.
Doesn't matter if they're interested in signing in Vegas or not. They are RFA's and don't have much choice, they can also easily be traded. And Vegas can select them without a contract.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 08:16 PM
  #111
Hinterland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
Doesn't matter if they're interested in signing in Vegas or not. They are RFA's and don't have much choice, they can also easily be traded. And Vegas can select them without a contract.
http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_/...on-free-agency


Wrong. Again. With goaltenders being the only exception, Vegas will have to sign a Free Agent, whether restricted or not, during this 48h window. Otherwise, they'll have to wait for Free Agency in order to sign Free Agents.

Hinterland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 08:19 PM
  #112
Mortiest Morty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_/...on-free-agency


Wrong. Again. With goaltenders being the only exception, Vegas will have to sign a Free Agent, whether restricted or not, during this 48h window. Otherwise, they'll have to wait for Free Agency in order to sign Free Agents.
WRONG. You're wrong, again. Vegas can absolutely choose an RFA with no contract in the expansion draft. This is becoming VERY comical. To me at least.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 08:22 PM
  #113
Jonesey
Moderator
Dept. of Defense
 
Jonesey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 10,700
vCash: 500
Hinterland you are very very wrong. Contuing to argue this point will earn you an infraction. Knock it off.

__________________
Posted by: Live in the Now
I've grown soft.
Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 08:24 PM
  #114
Hinterland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
Hinterland you are very very wrong. Contuing to argue this point will earn you an infraction. Knock it off.
I'm not so sure about that
But if you say so...at least we don't seem to make much progress here, that's for sure

Hinterland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 08:28 PM
  #115
Armourboy
Registered User
 
Armourboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Posts: 4,352
vCash: 500
They will have a 48 hour window to talk to and sign any UFA or RFA who are not under contract. If they do then they can not select a player from that team in the entry draft as that individual will count towards the selection. After the 48 hour window and the entry draft is completed, Vegas then has to play by the exact same rules as every single other team in the NHL.

Essentially the 48 hour window gives them a chance to talk to players to see if they can get a deal done before they select.

It's just gives them a chance to fill a few holes before they make actual selections. I would be surprised if they touch a single RFA before the draft, mainly because many of those players won't want to go there anyways.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 08:29 PM
  #116
Mustard
Registered User
 
Mustard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
I'm not so sure about that
But if you say so...at least we don't seem to make much progress here, that's for sure
You literally don't know what you're talking about, man. Go ask any other forum on here or listen to GMDP's interview today or the one's he's done in the past 6 months literally explaining the opposite of what you're saying.

Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 08:41 PM
  #117
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
If you keep digging this hole so fervently, you're going to hit the center of the Earth.
Unless


AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 09:09 PM
  #118
Drake744
Tennessweden
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 9,566
vCash: 344
This is so dumb. Wouldn't literally everyone in the hockey world make it known if Joey and Arvy didn't require being protected?

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 09:17 PM
  #119
Jonesey
Moderator
Dept. of Defense
 
Jonesey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 10,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
This is so dumb. Wouldn't literally everyone in the hockey world make it known if Joey and Arvy didn't require being protected?
Yes which is why we will move past this blip in the radar and continue the discussion.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 09:53 PM
  #120
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 4,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
Hinterland you are very very wrong. Contuing to argue this point will earn you an infraction. Knock it off.
I am just sitting back and enjoying this "debate" but I have to ask, with all due respect. Why is it necessary to threaten an infraction here?? I seriously don't get it. He is obviously wrong, but it isn't like he is being malicious or disrespectful to anyone- he truly believes what he is saying, so he continues to argue.

It is kind of a pet peeve of mine when message boards are over-moderated. I just don't see any need whatsoever for an infraction here.

I don't see how anything here is hurting anyone- on the contrary, it is quite entertaining....

(And I know, I know, I probably should have just stayed out of it- my apologies).

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 09:59 PM
  #121
Drake744
Tennessweden
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 9,566
vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
I am just sitting back and enjoying this "debate" but I have to ask, with all due respect. Why is it necessary to threaten an infraction here?? I seriously don't get it. He is obviously wrong, but it isn't like he is being malicious or disrespectful to anyone- he truly believes what he is saying, so he continues to argue.

It is kind of a pet peeve of mine when message boards are over-moderated. I just don't see any need whatsoever for an infraction here.

I don't see how anything here is hurting anyone- on the contrary, it is quite entertaining....

(And I know, I know, I probably should have just stayed out of it- my apologies).
It doesn't seem like he's trolling so, in defense of his wrong opinion, I agree.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 11:07 PM
  #122
Armourboy
Registered User
 
Armourboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Posts: 4,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
It doesn't seem like he's trolling so, in defense of his wrong opinion, I agree.
It's not even a wrong opinion, it's just flat out factually incorrect.

I mean it doesn't even make sense that RFA without a contract don't need to be protected. If that was the case no one would have signed a single player for more than a single year last season lol.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2017, 12:29 AM
  #123
sparkle twin
Love you, Nashville
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,968
vCash: 500
Does anyone have a list of our players that are exempt from the expansion draft?

And yes, I know Saros is exempt!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2017, 12:39 AM
  #124
GeauxPreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
And what is Craig Smith? Looks dangerous? That's some kind of positive? For some reason you hate Colin Wilson, that's fine. But don't try to pretend there is some kind of huge gap in ability between he and Craig Smith. Wilson is likely the more talented of the two. Neither are anything special. And against all odds, Craig Smith has actually gotten worse every single year for three consecutive years. I shudder to think what he will be next season.
I don't hate wilson but I'd place smith at least one tier of mediocrity above him, especially with how injured wilson always is. Smiths contract is worse but we're not exactly up against the cap here and by the time we will be his contract will be gone.

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2017, 12:41 AM
  #125
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Does anyone have a list of our players that are exempt from the expansion draft?

And yes, I know Saros is exempt!
Saros
Fiala
Kamenev
Pettersson
Ejdsell
Moy
Trenin
Kirkland
Richard
Gaudreau
Carrier
Dougherty
Allard
Girard
Gunnarsson
Murphy

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.