HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXIII

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2017, 01:40 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXIII

Continue here folks.

Old
06-13-2017, 06:22 PM
TheJungleHunter

Preds fan here. Been lurking on your boards because I'm hopeful that our two teams might make a nice trade over Duchene, and I've been watching for juicy news.

I see that there is also discussion about trading defenseman Tyson Barrie, as well, which I find intriguing.

What would the Preds need to give up for a Duchene + Barrie trade? One of Ellis or Ekholm + Fabbro + 2017 1st round pick? I imagine that may be too low, so what else could the Preds offer to make that a fair deal?

I've always sorta liked the Avs, so I hope you guys can bounce back next season (except against the Preds, of course).

I wasn't ready for the Preds season to end like it did, and now I'm addicted to any kind of hockey news to satiate me until the drafts. A nice blockbuster trade would be nice.

Old
06-13-2017, 06:25 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Ekholm + Fabbro + 1st would probably be closer than you think, but a decent prospect/roster player probably evens it up. My question though would be why give up Ekholm/Ellis to get Barrie? It would be a downgrade.

Old
06-13-2017, 06:26 PM
UncleRisto
Not Great, Bob!

Prophecy:
1. Fans of the team we eventually trade Duchene to tell us Duchene isn't worth whatever.
2. The Avs trade Duchene for whatever the fans told us he isn't worth.
3. Fans of the other team tell us their former top prospect's upside isn't actually first line/pairing, it's second line/pairing.
4. With the other team, Duchene plays at his expected level. This is a revelation to literally everyone.
5. The Avs have been utterly fleeced.

Old
06-13-2017, 06:32 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRisto View Post
Prophecy:
1. Fans of the team we eventually trade Duchene to tell us Duchene isn't worth whatever.
3. Fans of the other team tell us their former top prospect's upside isn't actually first line/pairing, it's second line/pairing.
4. With the other team, Duchene plays at his expected level. This is a revelation to literally everyone.
Sounds about right. I would add...

6. 3 years later nobody cares.

Old
06-13-2017, 06:39 PM
TheJungleHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Ekholm + Fabbro + 1st would probably be closer than you think, but a decent prospect/roster player probably evens it up. My question though would be why give up Ekholm/Ellis to get Barrie? It would be a downgrade.
I would see it more as Ellis/Ekholm for Duchene with Fabbro + 1st for Barrie.

The Preds need some serious help at the 2C spot, and that is exactly what a guy like Duchene would fill.

Losing one of the Top 4 D would be really tough, but receiving back a guy like Barrie would certainly help ameliorate that loss.

The Avs would get a top pair D man plus a future one in Fabbro, plus another 1st round pick. Maybe Aberg, too? He's a rather speedy forward who really played well in the playoffs.

Duchene + Barrie = Ellis/Ekholm + Fabbro + Aberg + 2017 1st?

Preds get main immediate need and Avs get an immediate need, a solid player, plus a future pick and prospect.

Old
06-13-2017, 06:45 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Kamenev over Aberg would likely seal it, but I personally wouldn't be opposed to the deal with Aberg.

Old
06-13-2017, 06:50 PM
Avs44

vCash: 50
I'd seriously consider that. I wanted Ekholm badly pre-deadline before he woke up again once the playoffs started. He'd be a brilliant add.

Old
06-13-2017, 06:51 PM
UncleRisto
Not Great, Bob!

I would (still) love Kamenev. Regardless of what else is in the trade.

Old
06-13-2017, 06:52 PM
AvsJost98

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJungleHunter View Post

The Preds need some serious help at the 2C spot, and that is exactly what a guy like Duchene would fill.

Losing one of the Top 4 D would be really tough, but receiving back a guy like Barrie would certainly help ameliorate that loss.

The Avs would get a top pair D man plus a future one in Fabbro, plus another 1st round pick. Maybe Aberg, too? He's a rather speedy forward who really played well in the playoffs.

Preds get main immediate need and Avs get an immediate need, a solid player, plus a future pick and prospect.
A few more tweaks here and there and this would be what Sakic would call a hockey trade. I would like to see a trade between Preds and Avs over trade with many other teams including Islanders, Sens or Bruins. Avs would not even have to second guess if Preds young prospect is ready, because we already know how good they are. (edit, at least the main pieces coming back)

Old
06-13-2017, 06:58 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRisto View Post
Prophecy:
you seem to have misspelled ROR

Old
06-13-2017, 07:03 PM
UncleRisto
Not Great, Bob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconski View Post
you seem to have misspelled ROR
Have I?

Old
06-13-2017, 07:03 PM
hockeyfish

We should switch it up and argue Landy trades now. You know, keep it fresh and all.

Old
06-13-2017, 07:05 PM
McMetal
Writer of Wrongs

I don't hate the Preds trade. It would be a bitter pill to swallow to move that much talent out, and the casuals would lose their minds, but as far as getting players who fit well with our new core and infusing some talent into the roster, it checks all the boxes for what we would want out of moving a player of that caliber.

However, I think that for both teams sake, just sending Duchene your way would make more sense. Barrie out/Ekholm in would only be a small upgrade and still leave us with a hole in the top 4. We need to add to the D, I just don't see how Barrie is expendable yet. If Bigras and Meloche both have big years, maybe next summer, but for now we still have to ice a hockey team that doesn't humiliate the fans.

Old
06-13-2017, 07:05 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Going back to the previous Barzal discussion, I don't see why the Islanders would want to wait if the plan is to win now. Even if we believe Barzal will end up being as good as Duchene, when is that going to happen? At best you're probably looking at two years from now but even that might be if you're being very optimistic about his future.

I don't blame them if they're preparing for the future and don't want to trade him but I'm just curious if it fits what they reportedly want to do this summer. It's somewhat similar to the Habs making moves to try and win now but then making a prospect, who is 2-3 years away, unavailable when they could possibly add another piece to help put them over the top.

Old
06-13-2017, 07:13 PM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

vCash: 2405
Which centre is Sakic gonna sign next summer assuming he gets rid of Duchene? I doubt Sakic rolls with just Mac/JTC/Jost/Soderberg though ideally that's what I'd want him to do.

Gagner, Bonino, and Hanzal look like the best of the realistic ones and I think I'll take Gagner out of the three just because he'll be cheap for the short-term and you know that Bonino/Hanzal are gonna get biggish contracts.

Old
06-13-2017, 07:15 PM
UncleRisto
Not Great, Bob!

LMAO, there's "Proposal: Bozak @ 50% For Stastny + 1st" in the Latest Threads sidebar. The tables have turned. I'd link it but it's gotten the quick axe.

Old
06-13-2017, 07:16 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalens Oga View Post
Which centre is Sakic gonna sign next summer assuming he gets rid of Duchene? I doubt Sakic rolls with just Mac/JTC/Jost/Soderberg though ideally that's what I'd want him to do.

Gagner, Bonino, and Hanzal look like the best of the realistic ones and I think I'll take Gagner out of the three just because he'll be cheap for the short-term and you know that Bonino/Hanzal are gonna get biggish contracts.
He shouldn't be signing anyone who would take Compher or Jost's spot at center. I also don't think he should be signing anyone to a multi-year deal. This year's UFA class is brutal.

Old
06-13-2017, 07:20 PM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

vCash: 2405
I know he SHOULDN'T be signing anyone but come on we know he's gonna sign at least three guys. The class is brutal and hopefully it's short contracts but there's definetely enough roster spots open on the team for him to sign a couple forwards while still having all three of Greer/JTC/Jost in the line-up so that's why I'm curious who he'll sign.

The guy is on the hot seat I'd like to think and though he talks all this patience BS, you know he's gonna try to inject a decent winger and centre and possibly a dman.

Old
06-13-2017, 07:21 PM
agentblack

vCash: 50
Quote:
I know he SHOULDN'T be signing anyone but come on we know he's gonna sign at least three guys. The class is brutal and hopefully it's short contracts but there's definetely enough roster spots open on the team for him to sign a couple forwards while still having all three of Greer/JTC/Jost in the line-up so that's why I'm curious who he'll sign.

The guy is on the hot seat I'd like to think and though he talks all this patience BS, you know he's gonna try to inject a decent winger and centre and possibly a dman.
Is he though?

Old
06-13-2017, 07:23 PM
hockeyfish

You do need to sign at least a few players in case you need to give youth more time in San Antonio. At least as insurance.

But yeah, keep it cheap and short so you can dump them if you don't need them.

Old
06-13-2017, 07:26 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
I think they are serious about playing Jost and JTC down the middle and Soderberg is the default if one of them can't handle it. They might sign some Rene Bourque type plugs but I wouldn't call that real options at center.

Old
06-13-2017, 07:34 PM
hughdreamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
I think they are serious about playing Jost and JTC down the middle and Soderberg is the default if one of them can't handle it. They might sign some Rene Bourque type plugs but I wouldn't call that real options at center.
I'm totally fine with this too! Unless they can somehow get Galchenyuk and then move Mack to his wing.

Old
06-13-2017, 07:37 PM
Avs71

Quote:

Joe Thornton

Old
06-13-2017, 07:42 PM
Patagonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJungleHunter View Post

Fairly reasonable deal, but don't think the Preds need another roving D when they have a better on in Subban. Ellis/Ekholm are very good and locked in on reasonable deals. Most commonly accepted thread is:

Duchene

for

Fabbro
Kamenev or Fiala
2018 - 1st Round

Closed Thread