HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres re-sign Linus Ullmark (2 years, $750,000 AAV)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2017, 03:54 PM
  #1
Taro Tsujimoto
Registered User
 
Taro Tsujimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Clarence Center, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,635
vCash: 750
Sabres re-sign Linus Ullmark (2 years, $750,000 AAV)


Taro Tsujimoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 03:55 PM
  #2
Push Dr Tracksuit
Gerstmann 3:16
 
Push Dr Tracksuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,373
vCash: 500
E5 Lehner trade inc

Push Dr Tracksuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 03:56 PM
  #3
Sabre Dance
Winners win
 
Sabre Dance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,755
vCash: 500
Hmmm

Sabre Dance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 03:56 PM
  #4
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 43,407
vCash: 500
The real question is whether it's a 1-way contract or if it's a 2-way (at least for the first year).

That'll tell us if they view Ullmark as the NHL backup next year or if they think he should be in Rochester another year.

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 04:10 PM
  #5
sabresfan65
Vegas HAS Hockey!!
 
sabresfan65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Sabres Captain View Post
The real question is whether it's a 1-way contract or if it's a 2-way (at least for the first year).

That'll tell us if they view Ullmark as the NHL backup next year or if they think he should be in Rochester another year.
A one way contract would make him less desirable from a Vegas stand point. One of Ullmark's positives for the ED is that he is waiver exempt, but if you have to pay him NHL money in the AHL he becomes less likely to be selected and if we want to open up the Rochester job to Peterson/Kasdorf with Johansson as the extra getting time in Cincinnati (and eventually taking over from Kasdorf) having Ullmark on a one-way deal makes the possiblity of Peterson signing more possible.

sabresfan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 04:11 PM
  #6
Hans Gruber
Shoot Ze Glass!
 
Hans Gruber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 353
vCash: 500
Ok cool now expose Lehner

Hans Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 04:12 PM
  #7
CrazyPsycho
Registered User
 
CrazyPsycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 8,742
vCash: 500
I mean theres no way Vegas takes Lehner...lets protect Ullmark

Definitely agree that this is timed to deter Vegas from taking Ullmark. Fully expect a one way deal.

CrazyPsycho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 04:37 PM
  #8
Jim Bob
....Rebooting....
 
Jim Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 23,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPsycho View Post
I mean theres no way Vegas takes Lehner...lets protect Ullmark

Definitely agree that this is timed to deter Vegas from taking Ullmark. Fully expect a one way deal.
Why would this stop them from taking him?

Jim Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 04:43 PM
  #9
static80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,764
vCash: 500
Ullmark will be in Buffalo next season. Take it to the bank.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 04:46 PM
  #10
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 44,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Why would this stop them from taking him?
1 way deal?

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 04:47 PM
  #11
DJN21
Registered User
 
DJN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester
Posts: 5,098
vCash: 500
Has to be a 1 way deal. Botts going to work early...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 04:49 PM
  #12
Rowley Birkin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Country: England
Posts: 3,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan65 View Post
A one way contract would make him less desirable from a Vegas stand point. One of Ullmark's positives for the ED is that he is waiver exempt, but if you have to pay him NHL money in the AHL he becomes less likely to be selected and if we want to open up the Rochester job to Peterson/Kasdorf with Johansson as the extra getting time in Cincinnati (and eventually taking over from Kasdorf) having Ullmark on a one-way deal makes the possiblity of Peterson signing more possible.
Great points - totally agree.

I still think Vegas take ullmark just because there's nobody else...

Rowley Birkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 04:49 PM
  #13
Reddawg
Registered User
 
Reddawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: Scotland
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Why would this stop them from taking him?
Ullmark' main appeal to Vegas was that he could be sent to the AHL without waivers.

Reddawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 04:54 PM
  #14
Sabre Dance
Winners win
 
Sabre Dance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
Ullmark' main appeal to Vegas was that he could be sent to the AHL without waivers.
Smart Botts.

Sabre Dance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 04:56 PM
  #15
Rowley Birkin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Country: England
Posts: 3,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
Ullmark' main appeal to Vegas was that he could be sent to the AHL without waivers.
I'd say his main appeal is that he's the most useful player the Sabres will likely expose... But still a smart move to make him a little less appealing.

Rowley Birkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 05:03 PM
  #16
Sabreality
Registered User
 
Sabreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 5,454
vCash: 50
again...1-way vs 2-way has nothing to do with waivers. its NHL vs AHL salary if playing in the AHL.

Sabreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 05:16 PM
  #17
Zman5778
Moderator
 
Zman5778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cressona/Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,552
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
Ullmark' main appeal to Vegas was that he could be sent to the AHL without waivers.
1-way contract vs. 2-way contract has NOTHING to do with that.

He still is eligible to be sent to the AHL without waivers.

However, 1-way vs. 2-way determines how much Ullmark gets paid in the AHL if he spends time there. 1-way means he draws his NHL salary. 2-way means AHL salary.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 05:26 PM
  #18
Rowley Birkin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Country: England
Posts: 3,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
1-way contract vs. 2-way contract has NOTHING to do with that.

He still is eligible to be sent to the AHL without waivers.

However, 1-way vs. 2-way determines how much Ullmark gets paid in the AHL if he spends time there. 1-way means he draws his NHL salary. 2-way means AHL salary.
Yeah - it makes him slightly less attractive but I still think he's the guy Vegas take. Who else is even vaguely useful to them?

Rowley Birkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 05:29 PM
  #19
Sabreality
Registered User
 
Sabreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 5,454
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin View Post
Yeah - it makes him slightly less attractive but I still think he's the guy Vegas take. Who else is even vaguely useful to them?
Kulikov

Sabreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 05:33 PM
  #20
krt88
Registered User
 
krt88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 3,150
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to krt88
I'll bet there is a deal in place with Vegas to avoid Ullmark being picked.

krt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 05:35 PM
  #21
Sabresfansince1980
Registered User
 
Sabresfansince1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: from Wheatfield, NY
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin View Post
Yeah - it makes him slightly less attractive but I still think he's the guy Vegas take. Who else is even vaguely useful to them?
It all depends on stuff we can't predict yet. LV isn't going to select players only based on their usefulness. They have a cap requirement to reach, and they have to fill specific roster position requirements. LV's selection process will be relative to several factors, and Ullmark may not fit regardless of his one-way or two-way salary.

Sabresfansince1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 06:16 PM
  #22
jcbeze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin View Post
Yeah - it makes him slightly less attractive but I still think he's the guy Vegas take. Who else is even vaguely useful to them?
He won't be selected tho, it's almost certain we make a deal to save him

jcbeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 06:19 PM
  #23
DJN21
Registered User
 
DJN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester
Posts: 5,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbeze View Post
He won't be selected tho, it's almost certain we make a deal to save him
Makes you wonder about the ramifications of this so called handshake agreement between tmgm and mcphee...if botts is signing ullmark to a 1 way like this does it mean that agreement is clearly out the window or was this botts simply locking up a guy he likes and hoping for the best?

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 06:28 PM
  #24
jcbeze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
Makes you wonder about the ramifications of this so called handshake agreement between tmgm and mcphee...if botts is signing ullmark to a 1 way like this does it mean that agreement is clearly out the window or was this botts simply locking up a guy he likes and hoping for the best?
I don't think one has to do with the other. McPhee would not be selecting Ullmark, regardless of contract status.

jcbeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 06:38 PM
  #25
DJN21
Registered User
 
DJN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester
Posts: 5,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbeze View Post
I don't think one has to do with the other. McPhee would not be selecting Ullmark, regardless of contract status.
Yeah...many people don't share that sentiment however...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.