HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If you are Vegas which Oiler would you take?

Old
06-14-2017, 11:57 AM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
If you are Vegas which Oiler would you take?

After seeing some of the lists kicking around and people mocking many of them have Vegas taking Griffin Reinhart. Who would you take it you were Vegas?

If I was Vegas I'd take Jujhar Kairi. Young tough winger with size and grit, not expensive.

I certainly wouldn't take a guy like Pouliot unless the oilers paid me a lot to take him,

Beerfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 11:58 AM
MessierII

Reinhart for sure. Most upside of young players available.

MessierII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 12:03 PM
SullivanT

Either Jujhar or Reinhart. I still think Reinhart becomes a #3/4 defender I'll call it a bit feeling. Either way I like the position the Oilers are in for the expansion

SullivanT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 12:05 PM
oXo Cube
Termite

Send a message via Skype™ to oXo Cube
I mean, Reinhart I guess. Slim pickings from the Oilers.

They aren't going to take Pouliot, but I think most people on here are over that fantasy by now.

The main board thread will be fun if they take Reinhart.

oXo Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 12:16 PM
Beerfish

I don't think as highly of Reinhart as most people on this forum. I guess we'll find out what Vegas thinks soon enough.

Old
06-14-2017, 12:17 PM
Stud Muffin

vCash: 469
I'm a big believer in Benoit Pouliot so I'd try and squeeze a piece out of edm

Stud Muffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 12:19 PM
oXo Cube
Termite

Send a message via Skype™ to oXo Cube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
I don't think as highly of Reinhart as most people on this forum. I guess we'll find out what Vegas thinks soon enough.
I don't think it's this so much as the alternatives aren't exciting either. Khaira is a nothing bottom 6'er. Every team in the league is exposing a guy like him.

In any case I think it's clear that those two are the best options the Oilers will expose, provided nothing changes between now and Friday.

Edit: I actually forgot about Pitlick, he might also be an interesting option for them. Injury problems yeah but size, speed, and offensive upside for cheap.

oXo Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 12:20 PM
BarDownBobo

vCash: 512
My dark horse guess is that they take Pitlick. Injuries are a major concern, but if he can stay healthy he could be a very good third liner for them for a while.

BarDownBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 12:23 PM
McCanovin
1% is the new 11.5%

Brossoit. Goalies win championships

McCanovin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 12:24 PM
Aerchon

I think Reinhart is a slam dunk. Young, draft pedigree, easily a bottom pairing right now, can be signed long term for a decent price. I'd pencil him in as my #6 for next year no hesitation.

I heard a strange rumor that Vegas will not have many quality LWers to choose from and too many defenders. If this was one year ago today I wouldn't want to move Pouliot. I think he is a very solid forechecking top 9 winger. He is signed for a reasonable amount and good term left, not too long not too short.

If they don't have LWers to choose from I would also get Ed to pay a 3rd this year or second next to take him off the team.

Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 12:28 PM
shoop

vCash: 78
99% sure it will be Reinhart or Khaira. Depends on other players made available. I think Chia will get a little fortune shining on him and it will be Khaira.

Very slight chance they go for Pouliot. The Knights do have to make the cap floor. 30 players drafted with a Reinhart or Khaira contract won't get you them to the floor. Not saying it will happen, but I'm saying there's a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCanovin View Post
Far better options out there than Brossoit. 3rd or 4th goalies on the depth chart aren't worth the pick.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 12:34 PM
LTIR

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCanovin View Post
Brossoit wont be top 3 goalies they take and he will need to clear waivers if they ship him down.

Fleury, Grubauer, Korpisalo, Subban and even Luongo should all be available. Most of them would the best available asset for FLA as well. Luongo might not with Pysyk\Bjugstad also available.

If LV scouted Oilers hard they would pick Khaira over Reinhart but I am assuming GR goes to them because of where he was drafted.

LTIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 12:34 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
99% sure it will be Reinhart or Khaira. Depends on other players made available. I think Chia will get a little fortune shining on him and it will be Khaira.

Very slight chance they go for Pouliot. The Knights do have to make the cap floor. 30 players drafted with a Reinhart or Khaira contract won't get you them to the floor. Not saying it will happen, but I'm saying there's a chance.

Far better options out there than Brossoit. 3rd or 4th goalies on the depth chart aren't worth the pick.
They can trade for bad contracts and get something extra instead of just drafting bad contracts imo. We might be able to get them to take Pouliot if we give them something else.

Old
06-14-2017, 12:41 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
Brossoit wont be top 3 goalies they take and he will need to clear waivers if they ship him down.

Fleury, Grubauer, Korpisalo, Subban and even Luongo should all be available. Most of them would the best available asset for FLA as well. Luongo might not with Pysyk\Bjugstad also available.

If LV scouted Oilers hard they would pick Khaira over Reinhart but I am assuming GR goes to them because of where he was drafted.
How is that? Khaira has the upside of a 4th liner. Maybe a fringe 3rd liner at best but I don't see it. Reinhart for all his flaws could still be a top 4 D even if he's just a good bottom pair guy that's more valueble than Jujars ceiling as a player. Not sure what so many people see in Khaira.

Old
06-14-2017, 12:47 PM
shoop

vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
How is that? Khaira has the upside of a 4th liner. Maybe a fringe 3rd liner at best but I don't see it. Reinhart for all his flaws could still be a top 4 D even if he's just a good bottom pair guy that's more valueble than Jujars ceiling as a player. Not sure what so many people see in Khaira.
Upside would be 3rd liner by definition if 3rd line is a possibility.

Reinhart is a top 4 D only on horrible teams.

It all depends on what is available out there. Vegas can't end up drafting BPA with every pick. 28 D and 2 Goalies would be a very bad draft.

Quote:
They can trade for bad contracts and get something extra instead of just drafting bad contracts imo. We might be able to get them to take Pouliot if we give them something else.
Fair enough. They will draft some bad contracts though. I suspect any bad contract they do draft will end up with a little sweetener.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 12:49 PM
LTIR

Quote:
With the way things are shaping and players not waiving NMC, LV might not need bad contracts and might be able to ice a very good team.

Methot-Vatanen
DeHaan-Dumba
Chiarot-TVR
Reinhart-Schenn

If they pass on Fleury or Grubauer they could also have Orlov or D.Pouliot

With guys like Methot, Neal, Fleury and Ryan exposed, LV might not need to add bad contracts.

Old
06-14-2017, 12:53 PM
LTIR

Quote:
both will need to be waiver if LV decides to ship them down.
Chance of Khaira making the LV team is higher than Reinhart based on what will be available at exp draft.
Its not what ppl see in Khaira.. its what doesnt show in Reinhart... an NHL Dman!
Reinhart will officially be a bust if he isnt an NHLer this season. With the way Oilers are shaping up he has no hope of being a NHLer this season even after the Sekera injury.

Old
06-14-2017, 01:08 PM
McDrai
Jesse P for Prez

vCash: 50
Out of all of the options I would say Reinhart makes the most sense as he has the highest upside out of the assumed available players. Pitlick also showed some promise this past season but i think Vegas will be concerned about his injury problems. Vegas will pass on Khaira as he doesnt have upside in the top 6

McDrai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 01:22 PM
MoneyGuy

Reinhardt 65 per cent likely, Khaira 34 per cent, 1 per cent other (just in case).

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 01:25 PM
SK13
T. Yoshi Muchakoopas

I think Khaira is more likely to be a regular NHLer, and forwards will be the toughest position for LV to fill.

So him.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 01:37 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
both will need to be waiver if LV decides to ship them down.
Chance of Khaira making the LV team is higher than Reinhart based on what will be available at exp draft.
Its not what ppl see in Khaira.. its what doesnt show in Reinhart... an NHL Dman!
Reinhart will officially be a bust if he isnt an NHLer this season. With the way Oilers are shaping up he has no hope of being a NHLer this season even after the Sekera injury.
Their more likely to take Pouliot than Jujar. There's college free agents, European players and unsigned junior players with more upside than Jujar that don't require using one of 30 team building picks. Why would they use a pick on a player who could maybe become a 4th liner? It's a pipe dream. 0% chance they take Khaira.

Old
06-14-2017, 01:40 PM
SK13
T. Yoshi Muchakoopas

Quote:
Their more likely to take Pouliot than Jujar. There's college free agents, European players and unsigned junior players with more upside than Jujar that don't require using one of 30 team building picks. Why would they use a pick on a player who could maybe become a 4th liner? It's a pipe dream. 0% chance they take Khaira.
I think you grotesequely misunderstand how Khaira is perceived.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 01:46 PM
ujju2

vCash: 225
Reinhart pretty easily. Maybe Pouliot, but I'd try to squeeze a pick out of Chiarelli to take him even though I would have done it either way.

ujju2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 01:54 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
I think you grotesequely misunderstand how Khaira is perceived.
I think a good chunk of oiler fans grotesquely overrate him is all. There's no chance Vegas wastes a pick on him. No chance.

Old
06-14-2017, 02:00 PM
ToeMcDrag83
5-14-6-1

If there's one division they'll have done their homework extra carefully on, t's obviously Pacific.

Centers, size, physicality are all going to be more in demand.

I think they take Khaira, Pitlick, even Pouliot before they might select Reinhart.

ToeMcDrag83 is offline   Reply With Quote