HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If you are Vegas which Oiler would you take?

Old
06-16-2017, 12:04 AM
TheBusDriver
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

vCash: 500
Pouliot

TheBusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 12:10 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOkMcgoMcoil View Post
This
If i'm the Oilers and Vegas is even considering Pouliot, and they might, i'd offer up a guy like Lagesson for them to do so. Lagesson is a similar player type to Reinhart in terms of the role he projects into and since they have no 1st year ELC players in their early 20's they likely would value a young solid prospect like him more than any other team in the league. Pouliot is at the end of the day a guy who's had recent offensive success, can help possession while being excellent defensively and on the PK, and of course he's big and fast. At 3 million i'd think it would be a slam dunk, but at his current rate it's tough to expect. However unlike some other guys his terms isn't ridiculous being only two years.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 12:41 AM
Alawishis
...so anyway.

I was originally thinking Reinhart, but after hearing in an interview they were intending on stockpiling goalies to use for trade, they might go for Brossoit. I'd really hate to lose either. I see Brossoit following a similar path that Huddy did, he could turn our to be really good for us in the end.

I hope they talk Pouliot but really think it's a pipe dream.

Alawishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 09:52 AM
shoop

vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawishis View Post
I was originally thinking Reinhart, but after hearing in an interview they were intending on stockpiling goalies to use for trade, they might go for Brossoit. I'd really hate to lose either. I see Brossoit following a similar path that Huddy did, he could turn our to be really good for us in the end.

Charlie Huddy? I don't see the comparison between an undrafted free agent gem of a defensive pickup who made it to the NHL pretty quickly and a goalie the Oilers traded for and have been developing for three years who might turn into a full-time NHLer.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 10:07 AM
THall4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
I think a good chunk of oiler fans grotesquely overrate him is all. There's no chance Vegas wastes a pick on him. No chance.
Agreed.

It'll be either Reinhart or Brossoit imo

Khaira hasn't yet proven he can be a full time NHLer. Reinhart has the highest potential despite also not showing he can be a fulltime NHLer with LB being next with the highest potential of the players to likely be exposed.

But, I do think the Oilers really like Khaira and see him as Hendo's replacement on the 4th line next year. And part of me thinks they did a lot to "hide" him from Vegas

THall4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 10:35 AM
ManofSteel55

Pouliot. Seriously. The guy is overpaid and had a bad season last year, but he finished strong and has been a good player on bad teams in the past. The other guys are all question marks and none have huge upside.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 10:37 AM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawishis View Post

There are probably 20 better and more proven goalies than LB available in the draft. Stockpiling goalies will mean trading them and LB probably has next to no value on the secondary market.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 11:07 AM
AVE MAN

As an Oiler fan, the eligible player I would hate to lose the most is Khaira. So for Vegas, I would imagine that's the player they would covet.

AVE MAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 11:07 AM
Beerfish

Pouliot stinks and is way over paid. If vegas takes him we should be sending them fruit baskets, in reality we would have to send them a pick or prospect for them to take Pouliot.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 01:55 PM
Captain Pilsner

I may have missed this somewhere, but doesn't Khaira have to have played 40 nhl games this season or 70 nhl games last season? By that stat, he would not be eligible

Captain Pilsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pilsner View Post
I may have missed this somewhere, but doesn't Khaira have to have played 40 nhl games this season or 70 nhl games last season? By that stat, he would not be eligible
He's eligible to be taken but he doesn't count towards the minimum requirements of experienced NHL players that a team has to leave exposed.

Old
06-16-2017, 02:02 PM
Jet Walters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pilsner View Post
The 40/70 rule is you have to expose a minimum of two forwards who meet that requirement. That's why the Oilers signed Pakarinen. Otherwise they would of had to expose Letestu or Kassian along with Pouliot. It has nothing to do with eligibility. With three AHL seasons under his belt Khaira is eligible for the ED, but he doesn't qualify as a 40/70 guy that every team needs to expose at minimum 2.

Jet Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Captain Pilsner

oops, thanks for clarifying.

Dismiss my comment

Captain Pilsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
There are probably 20 better and more proven goalies than LB available in the draft. Stockpiling goalies will mean trading them and LB probably has next to no value on the secondary market.
No there isn't and it's not close, it takes a second to look it up. I literally listed every single guy who has comprable or better numbers. Vegas isn't going to value an older mediocre goalie like Ward or Neuvirth, unless it's to flip him because Carolina/Philly have nothing better, especially when guys like Miller, Elliot, Johnson, likely Lehtonen/Niemi, ect... are all going to be available for teams to sign. I listed every single guy they'd value over him. Brossoit has put up quality numbers for a player his age since being drafted and has the size and talent.

Old
06-16-2017, 02:18 PM
oilers'72

Dumb question. Why wouldn't Russell be on Vegas' radar? I know he's a veteran but he can help a team like that. Or they can do a sign and trade. Is it just the money and term that would keep him off their list or that he might not sign with them?

oilers'72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 02:45 PM
FlameChampion

vCash: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers'72 View Post
Dumb question. Why wouldn't Russell be on Vegas' radar? I know he's a veteran but he can help a team like that. Or they can do a sign and trade. Is it just the money and term that would keep him off their list or that he might not sign with them?
He could be. But hes a UFA so he would have to agree to sign with LV. Really just comes down to if Russell is adamant about signing with an Albertan team. Think Russell wants money and wants to play in Alberta.

Also Chia has said that signing McDavid and Drai are his priorities. Might be true, might not. LV could wait until free agency to sign Russell for free and pick something off the Oilers roster as well during expansion.

FlameChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 02:59 PM
Mr Positive

vCash: 1000
Quote:
That could happen, but Id think Vegas could get many D like him.

Russell would probably sign with Vegas if he could get term. Maybe that's why we are leaking possibly offering Russell 4x4, while at the same time saying it depends on other deals first, so we're not committed to it

Mr Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 03:05 PM
shoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Positive View Post
That could happen, but Id think Vegas could get many D like him.

Russell would probably sign with Vegas if he could get term. Maybe that's why we are leaking possibly offering Russell 4x4, while at the same time saying it depends on other deals first, so we're not committed to it
Most teams are probably going to go 7-3-1. That means there are going to be a lot of good defencemen available in the draft.

Vegas could very likely end up with four better defencemen than Russell on their team after trading one or two of the D they draft for forward help.

Old
06-16-2017, 03:11 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Pouliot, as he has potential for the top 6 left wing position. He had an off year, and is overpaid, but Las Vegas will struggle for offence. Since 2010, he has averaged 15 goals and 30 points +/- ... compare this to other scoring types that Las Vegas will likely get, Kerby Rychel, Mikhail Grigorenko, Ryan Strome, Curtis Lazar ... and you will see the need for someone who can pot 15 goals a season.

Reinhart, his slow foot speed is a killer in the modern NHL and limits his upside to the 3rd pairing. Las Vegas will have far better options to chose from than Reinhart.

JJ, he is a work in progress and will ultimately slot in as a physical presence on the 4th line (maybe 3rd). Given his limited upside, Las Vegas should pass on JJ.

Once again, yes Las Vegas needs to build through the draft, but they can use 2nd and 3rd round picks to find better options this year than Reinhart or JJ. They will need to keep their fans entertained and Pouliot has good speed and can offer a realistic 15 goal's.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 03:21 PM
Aceboogie

Quote:
He could be, but they could sign him July 1st and not use a Oilers selection on him. Although maybe Chiarelli will play some games before roster freeze is on to make it look like Russell will resign here immediately after the ED to force Vegas to sign Russell before ED

If Chiarelli felt there was a 50% chance he was asking to much or looking at Toronto/Calgary/Van then this is what he should do. Taht way Oilers only lose Russell, whom they were likely to anyway July 1st. But keep all other players

Aceboogie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 03:22 PM
MisterD
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
If I was Vegas, I'd be tough decision between Pouliot and Fayne. I'd probably pick one, and make a deal for the other.

MisterD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 06:39 PM
Asher

I'd take Reinhart. Hopefully Chia is trying to get them to take Pouliot though. I'd willing to throw in a draft pick to try and convince them.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 09:23 PM
Hemsky is a gangsta
Hemsky is a gangsta

Since we don't have any top 4 D or top 6 F exposed, I have a feeling it wouldn't cost much (a 3rd?) to get Vegas to take Pakirinen or someone and leave other guys alone.

Hemsky is a gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 09:34 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
I would take Juju. But, if you check my post history, I've always been a big pusher of his. I think he's going to be an elite bottom 6 guy in his career.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 10:52 PM
shoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
I would take Juju. But, if you check my post history, I've always been a big pusher of his. I think he's going to be an elite bottom 6 guy in his career.
I didn't know such a creature existed.