HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Observations XIX

Old
06-22-2017, 06:50 PM
FossilFndr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I've never been to Vegas. Not a gambler, not big on shows or neon...just like hockey, the occasional beer, and good company. Now that they have all that it sounds interesting.

That said, I will NEVER be the type of rude fan that we have occasionally had in our arena, even though we're an older team and by all rights "successful" at this point. I don't like it, I won't do it. Just not in my DNA.
I've been thinking about a trip to 4 corners, Monument Valley, Bryce, Arches, Coral Reef etc, for some time. Never thought about a January trip though.

Come on ADZ, one good hockey fight in the stands won't kill ya. I've got your back. I'll even sneak in a catfish for you to hurl over the glass.

FossilFndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2017, 06:59 PM
belle

So I just watched my recorded All Access. Thought I was over the loss. Now I'm all pissed again.

Hopefully this isn't as long lasting as my Christian Laettner agitation. My head still explodes when I see that re-played.

belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2017, 10:17 PM
LCPreds

The only good roadie is early November. Let me know if any of you end up doing the Anaheim/La trip. We're definitely there. If anyone wants to meet up before or after either of these games first beer is on me!

LCPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2017, 10:43 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
When I saw Pittsburgh October 7th I was fuming thinking we were going to have to watch those *******s raise a banner.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 05:28 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle View Post
So I just watched my recorded All Access. Thought I was over the loss. Now I'm all pissed again.

Hopefully this isn't as long lasting as my Christian Laettner agitation. My head still explodes when I see that re-played.
You're not the only one.

Seruously, this is the stuff Fandom is made of. Until we win a Cup, there will be some of us that will still be massively bitter about game six. Hopefully it doesn't take 20 years or more to get over..

06-23-2017, 06:45 AM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

vCash: 50
Any chance we get Dave Tippet to take Housley's place?

bdub24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 07:38 AM
JustaFinnishGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
When I saw Pittsburgh October 7th I was fuming thinking we were going to have to watch those *******s raise a banner.
Idk how it is done in America since I never really paid attention. I'm surprised people are pissed at this because most of the times a champion played the runner up for their 1st home game of the season here in the Finnish league

JustaFinnishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 08:26 AM
Drake744
Tennessweden

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
You're not the only one.

Seruously, this is the stuff Fandom is made of. Until we win a Cup, there will be some of us that will still be massively bitter about game six. Hopefully it doesn't take 20 years or more to get over..
I'm not so much bitter about game 6 itself, I'm bitter about how the winning goal was scored, and to a lesser extent, who scored it. That sticks with me more than the Sissons "goal" the more time that passes.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 09:04 AM
Legionnaire11
#2 Draft Pick

I didn't mind the game winner, upon replay it's obvious that Pekka stuck his glove out into the path of Hornqvist, whom I still like.

But that first goal should have counted, it's among the worst calls I've ever seen in hockey and easily the worst involving the Predators (Duchene offside second).

I'll never forget that our first and last goals of the series were waived off and both of them would have altered the dynamic of key games. If they counted and we still lost it would be easier to swallow, but now we're left in the limbo of never knowing.

Legionnaire11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 09:43 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FossilFndr View Post
I've been thinking about a trip to 4 corners, Monument Valley, Bryce, Arches, Coral Reef etc, for some time. Never thought about a January trip though.

Come on ADZ, one good hockey fight in the stands won't kill ya. I've got your back. I'll even sneak in a catfish for you to hurl over the glass.
Oh, I am most definitely AGAINST the concept of hurling a catfish on opposing ice, except Detroit because they started it. But a fight in the stands? Count me in! (To watch, not participate in)

Predsboro--that is a shame about the timing for you. Now is the time to be training a right hand wo/man for just such occasions. (Says the person who can't go out of town for 3 days for much the same reason--no one really knows what all I do because I just get it done!)

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 10:12 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

19 years to the day after we play our first ever game as an NHL franchise, we get to raise a banner.

Facebook - @jwhouk
Where I'd really rather be right now

Last edited by jwhouk: 06-23-2017 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Faulty memory.
jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 10:51 AM
Strizzi

Don't know if someone has already posted that, but Fiala is way ahead of the recovery schedule and already back on the ice:
https://www.nhl.com/predators/news/p...ry/c-290073518

He's expected to be ready for training camp.

Strizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 11:34 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
19 years to the day after we win our first ever game as an NHL franchise, we get to raise a banner.
We won the first game on the 13th. Same day as our first ever game, though, which is kind of cool.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 11:55 AM
RickP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I didn't mind the game winner, upon replay it's obvious that Pekka stuck his glove out into the path of Hornqvist, whom I still like.

But that first goal should have counted, it's among the worst calls I've ever seen in hockey and easily the worst involving the Predators (Duchene offside second).

I'll never forget that our first and last goals of the series were waived off and both of them would have altered the dynamic of key games. If they counted and we still lost it would be easier to swallow, but now we're left in the limbo of never knowing.
Yeah the quick whistle in game 6 was horrible.

But to me, the worst call was the "offside" goal in game 1. That's one of the worst calls I've seen.

In game 6, it was a mistake by the referee, but there was nothing he could do afterwards to correct it, since Sissons' shot came after the whistle, so he couldn't overturn the decision. Really bad decision by the ref, but mistakes happen.

But in game 1, the refs had no excuses. We all know the "offside" had no impact on the play. The goal occured 20 (?) seconds later and the Penguins turned the puck over a few seconds before the goal.

If Forsberg had really been offside, then it is what it is... But he wasn't offside. At least, nobody can say he was 100% offside. It's impossible.

The refs took 3-4 minutes to analyze the replay. They could have easily let the goal count due to inconclusive footage and the fact Forsberg took possession of the puck on the blue line. But they still thought there was no doubt Forsberg was offside? I really don't get that.

I mean, I get that his skate was probably in the air when the puck crossed the blue line, but the footage was still inconclusive. And most importantly, Forsberg took possession of the puck on that play. That's a fact. I understand he didn't have the puck for long before crossing the blue line, but the puck hit his stick blade on the blue line, with his skate in the neutral zone.

So considering there are 2 debatable situations on the play, and the play itself had no impact on the goal, I still don't understand how the refs decided to overturn the decision on the ice.

RickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 11:59 AM
Legionnaire11
#2 Draft Pick

I thought it really looked like his skate is definitely off the ice. But I agree after reviewing it for that long, how is it not inconclusive?

Legionnaire11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 12:21 PM
originalpredfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
We won the first game on the 13th. Same day as our first ever game, though, which is kind of cool.
Please clarify, I was at our first ever game on a Saturday night and we lost. I was at our second ever game on a Tuesday night when Andrew Brunnette scored our first ever
goal and we won.

originalpredfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 04:09 PM
belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP View Post
Yeah the quick whistle in game 6 was horrible.

But to me, the worst call was the "offside" goal in game 1. That's one of the worst calls I've seen.

In game 6, it was a mistake by the referee, but there was nothing he could do afterwards to correct it, since Sissons' shot came after the whistle, so he couldn't overturn the decision. Really bad decision by the ref, but mistakes happen.

But in game 1, the refs had no excuses. We all know the "offside" had no impact on the play. The goal occured 20 (?) seconds later and the Penguins turned the puck over a few seconds before the goal.

If Forsberg had really been offside, then it is what it is... But he wasn't offside. At least, nobody can say he was 100% offside. It's impossible.

The refs took 3-4 minutes to analyze the replay. They could have easily let the goal count due to inconclusive footage and the fact Forsberg took possession of the puck on the blue line. But they still thought there was no doubt Forsberg was offside? I really don't get that.

I mean, I get that his skate was probably in the air when the puck crossed the blue line, but the footage was still inconclusive. And most importantly, Forsberg took possession of the puck on that play. That's a fact. I understand he didn't have the puck for long before crossing the blue line, but the puck hit his stick blade on the blue line, with his skate in the neutral zone.

So considering there are 2 debatable situations on the play, and the play itself had no impact on the goal, I still don't understand how the refs decided to overturn the decision on the ice.
For me it is both waived off goals. Horny scores we should be going to OT. I'm okay with that.

My reasons are not necessarily rational, but they are what they are.

belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 04:26 PM
RickP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I thought it really looked like his skate is definitely off the ice. But I agree after reviewing it for that long, how is it not inconclusive?
Yeah, and I still think Forsberg taking possession of the puck on the blue line should have cancelled the offside in the first place. I mean, I understand he didn't have control of the puck for 1-2 seconds before crossing the blue line, but from what I understand, "control of the puck" in the rulebook is a judgment call. In that case, everything was so close and inconclusive, it didn't make sense to overturn the decision on the ice.

RickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 04:33 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
For me it is both waived off goals. Horny scores we should be going to OT. I'm okay with that.

The thing about the Game 6 no goal- if that goal counts we could have had a 1-0 lead in the final minutes, which means Pitt would have pulled Murray well before they scored the winning goal. We easily could have already scored an empty netter to ice a 2-0 win.

Of course I realize there is no way to know how differently the game might have gone if we had the 1-0 lead, but it is still painful to think about..........

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 04:43 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
Quote:

If they don't wave off Sisson goal, Pittsburgh net is probably empty before Horns scores, and we had got pretty good at ENG so I think if that goal stands we play game 7

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 05:29 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
If they don't wave off Sisson goal, Pittsburgh net is probably empty before Horns scores, and we had got pretty good at ENG so I think if that goal stands we play game 7
more than likely. the game could have played out differently but being at home and getting the 1st goal i would say very confidently we play a game 7. and don't even get me started on the game 1 first goal being called off. the whole series was tainted from that point on. majority of neutral fans would agree. it's just sorry man.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 05:38 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
more than likely. the game could have played out differently but being at home and getting the 1st goal i would say very confidently we play a game 7. and don't even get me started on the game 1 first goal being called off. the whole series was tainted from that point on. majority of neutral fans would agree. it's just sorry man.
I'm not going to say we definitely win the series with that game 1 goal, but if we win game 1 it is a completely different series with Pittsburgh under some serious pressure. I still believe we win in 6 if we get game 1. I'm also pretty positive it goes to 7 if they don't wave off Sissons goal.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 05:39 PM
Predsboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP View Post
Yeah, and I still think Forsberg taking possession of the puck on the blue line should have cancelled the offside in the first place. I mean, I understand he didn't have control of the puck for 1-2 seconds before crossing the blue line, but from what I understand, "control of the puck" in the rulebook is a judgment call. In that case, everything was so close and inconclusive, it didn't make sense to overturn the decision on the ice.
Agree with this .... he gained no advantage and the goal occurred upwards of 30 seconds later after PIT failed to clear.

Terrible, terrible rule .... they need to go to a "plane" like the goal line in football. And if the player is straddling the line, skate on or off the ice, it should be onside.

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 05:41 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
Agree with this .... he gained no advantage and the goal occurred upwards of 30 seconds later after PIT failed to clear.

Terrible, terrible rule .... they need to go to a "plane" like the goal line in football. And if the player is straddling the line, skate on or off the ice, it should be onside.
Yup, then the review is nothing more than, see line, see part of body on line, ok or not ok.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 05:52 PM
NoNecksCurse

first stanley cup final in our history and biggest sports moment in i would say tennessee's history and here we are talking about the officiating and rightfully so. no mention of the calls from the league either. way to go bettman you clown. it's just a freaking joke. i just hope we don't suffer another 20 years before we even get a chance to win a cup again after those bs calls.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote