HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Eberle Trade Watch?

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2017, 01:27 PM
s7ark
Yoshi

vCash: 500
Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Eberle Trade Watch?

New thread. Continue here:

Some posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I'd take Hamonic over Barrie if given the choice. Then we could get away with a cheaper option for the PP like Franson for example. Maybe Bear becomes that player in time or if we draft a RHD this year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
What? Have you ever seen him play? Ask Taylor Hall if Hamonic is gritty. If you don't get that reference youtube it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Positive View Post
I assume that's how most Oiler fan imagine it would happen. If we trade for a D we'd be leaving some forwards exposed. The D are only available in the first place because of expansion
Quote:
Originally Posted by oXo Cube View Post
I would give up Letestu pretty easily if it meant my top 4 was locked in for the next 4 seasons at under 20 million dollars.

He's a nice player but far from irreplaceable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJadeddog View Post
i probably wouldn't actually.... as it would mean losing letestu or kassian in the draft as well, so the trade would be eberle + letestu/kassian for hamonic... our cap hit would go down by 2.15 million though, which does have some value

my reasoning is that we simply don't have anybody even remotely ready to take over eberle's RW spot.... when you include the loss of letestu or kassian, it just isn't worth it in my mind... although either of those players are more easily replaced, especially letestu, which is why i think LV would take kassian, even with the substance abuse problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
That's the rub. We can go 7-3-1 and basically not lose anybody of any value, or take advantage of a team desperate to drop a Dman for their own expansion needs and risk losing one of Kassian, Maroon or Letestu.
Quote:
yeah, but that was junior... did he carry that over to the NHL? again, i'm not saying i'm right, i just don't recall a lot of people stating that he was gritty.... my memory sometimes no worky-work though, so i could totally be off on this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDeepika View Post
I don't worry about losing Letestu. It won't be that hard finding a RH shot to score tap-ins at the side of the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
Hamonic would be the second toughest defenseman on the Oilers, unless Gryba sticks around. He can fight, and his physicality is more along the lines of the wear 'em down style that Larsson plays, rather than the booming hit style of Gryba. So, in terms of physicality, I would say he is of the Larsson type with much better fighting capability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Would love Hamonic, but can't see it happening pre-expansion draft, nor the Isles needing to post-expansion draft.

Although, hearing 'Islanders & Colorado in chase for Eberle' is pretty encouraging.

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 06-15-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Old
06-15-2017, 01:35 PM
SK13
T. Yoshi Muchakoopas

vCash: 50
Hamonic seems less than realistic in a straight up deal. If they're willing to make that kind of move to find a forward for Tavares to play with, I'd think they'd be in on Matt Duchene first.

I'm good with Barrie for Eberle because Barrie is pretty much what the Oilers are missing at RHD. They don't need heavy all-purpose defenseman, they need points and a right hand shot on the PP.

Old
06-15-2017, 01:35 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 250
I wonder if Hamonic has a bit more offense to give in the right situation. I would really welcome him on the Oilers blueline.

It really feels like a lot of things are "moving" right now.

Old
06-15-2017, 01:38 PM
McDrai
Jesse P for Prez

I'm thinking Chia signs at least 1 RW in free agency and trades Eberle a week or so after July 1 to a team that is desperate for top 6 scoring

Old
06-15-2017, 01:45 PM
Paralyzer008

"Buffalo is trying to trade Kane, would they look for a replacement?
What's going to happen in Arizona with Shane Doan? Is he coming back?
Dreger mentioned Colorado and NYI and we've discussed NYI and people have assumed Strome would be the guy. He is not at the level that Eberle is at. Colorado is a wildcard - maybe it's a different type of deal or a positional deal. If that's the case maybe you wait - I don't even know what you can get back. Barrie? I don't know."

"Maybe a Hamonic or a Barrie move wouldn't even be in the realm of possibility, but if it is, that changes the complexion on Russell."

- Bob Stauffer on Jordan Eberle

Old
06-15-2017, 01:47 PM
McCupofOil
Hunting A Cup

Hamonic is a no brainer over Barrie. Better Dman, cheaper contract, can play tough matchups.
Barrie is probably a better fit stylistically but Hamonic is the better player although durability is a real concern with him.

As for the Russell speculation by Rishaug, it sounds like that, speculation. I'm listening to the Nielsen & Fraser podcast now and he said when push comes to shove, he thinks the Oilers will bite on the 4yrs $16M because Chia tipped his hand at the year end presser that he wants to re-sign Russell knowing the term that he wants. Sounds like pure speculation to me rather than insider knowledge.

Old
06-15-2017, 01:47 PM
soothsayer

Bob sounds genuinely unsure of what is happening.

Edit: He does seem fairly convinced that a Russell signing is contingent on what happens with other moves.

Old
06-15-2017, 01:49 PM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

Maybe it's Eberle for Brock Nelson?

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
06-15-2017, 01:49 PM
Paralyzer008

Bob Stauffer also said Mark Fayne may start the year on the 3rd pair and believes there could be some soft interest on Benoit Pouliot during the year from a team who has a guy who's coached him before.

Old
06-15-2017, 01:52 PM
McAsuno
5-14-6-1

Teams, please make some damn trades already. Getting restless with the speculations and rumors.

Old
06-15-2017, 01:53 PM
gymrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAsuno View Post
Teams, please make some damn trades already. Getting restless with the speculations and rumors.
best post of the day ......i so agree

Old
06-15-2017, 01:55 PM
Homesick

vCash: 2259
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCupofOil View Post
Hamonic is a no brainer over Barrie. Better Dman, cheaper contract, can play tough matchups.
Barrie is probably a better fit stylistically but Hamonic is the better player although durability is a real concern with him.

As for the Russell speculation by Rishaug, it sounds like that, speculation. I'm listening to the Nielsen & Fraser podcast now and he said when push comes to shove, he thinks the Oilers will bite on the 4yrs $16M because Chia tipped his hand at the year end presser that he wants to re-sign Russell knowing the term that he wants. Sounds like pure speculation to me rather than insider knowledge.
I'd rather have Hamonic over Barrie anyday of the week. Problem is that it's rumoured they flat out declined him for Taylor Hall. At least that's what Staple and his merry band of idiots believe

Old
06-15-2017, 01:56 PM
McJadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Bob Stauffer also said Mark Fayne may start the year on the 3rd pair and believes there could be some soft interest on Benoit Pouliot during the year from a team who has a guy who's coached him before.
i really don't mind fayne on the 3rd pairing... shoots right, so is at least in his natural position... he's not a great player, but he's certainly not TERRIBLE either

Old
Hockey Nightmare

I'm not a russell hater but even I wouldn't sign him for 4 x 4. Rishaug carrying the water for oilers management again means it's likely going to happen and it scares the **** out of me.

Old
soothsayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAsuno View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if there are a number of trades already made. But the Knights are probably involved in all of them in some way, so the moves can't be reported yet.

Old
06-15-2017, 01:58 PM
Homesick

Quote:
i really don't mind fayne on the 3rd pairing... shoots right, so is at least in his natural position... he's not a great player, but he's certainly not TERRIBLE either
So we would be looking at

Klefbom-Larsson
Russell-Benning
Nurse-Fayne

to start the season

Old
06-15-2017, 01:59 PM
Homesick

Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me if there are a number of trades already made. But the Knights are probably involved in all of them in some way, so the moves can't be reported yet.
They can make trades now

Old
06-15-2017, 02:02 PM
soothsayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
They can make trades now
Yes, but they can't disclose them if Las Vegas is involved. I'm saying that there are probably already trades made, but those trades include LV in someway (e.g., 3-way deal), so they can't be announced.

Old
06-15-2017, 02:02 PM
McDrai
Jesse P for Prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
I hope Fayne is not on the starting roster come opening night

Old
06-15-2017, 02:05 PM
McAsuno
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Yes, but they can't disclose them if Las Vegas is involved. I'm saying that there are probably already trades made, but those trades include LV in someway (e.g., 3-way deal), so they can't be announced.
Which would make it more annoying, since we have to wait until next Wednesday for the LV trades to open up. (**** this league for telling teams to do this)

Old
06-15-2017, 02:08 PM
x GreatKeith
Grand Dad?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
So we would be looking at

Klefbom-Larsson
Russell-Benning
Nurse-Fayne

to start the season

Fire up the draft thread.

Old
06-15-2017, 02:09 PM
Paralyzer
Had Enough Yet?

OMG

Old
06-15-2017, 02:11 PM
McAsuno
5-14-6-1

habs trade for drouin, holy moly

Old
06-15-2017, 02:13 PM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

This means we have a blockbuster coming in the next 20-30 mins right? #June2016

Old
06-15-2017, 02:14 PM
soothsayer

Zero indication that that was going to happen. I love when that happens.

Closed Thread