HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Eberle Trade Watch?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-15-2017, 02:51 PM
  #76
t0nedeff
Registered User
 
t0nedeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,743
vCash: 562
lets not kid ourselves Drouin is wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwway more dynamic than Eberle is or has ever been. However, buddy just hit 50 points for the first time in his career so I'd be pretty surprised if he ever hits 60 playing for a team with significantly worse offensive depth and high end players and no number 1 center.

t0nedeff is online now  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:51 PM
  #77
ChaoticOrange
Registered User
 
ChaoticOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
You seem to dislike everyone.

Is there a not particularly physical forward you don't hate?
Connor McDavid.

ChaoticOrange is online now  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:52 PM
  #78
Frank the Tank
Blue, you're my boy!
 
Frank the Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McVirginOil View Post
Drouin's AAV was 3.1 mil this year and will be asking for north of 5 mil for longer than 2 seasons (that's why Tampa traded him in the first place), a difference in 1 mil isn't gonna bridge the gap between Drouin and Ebs, Eberle should get a higher return in this market and Chia has to not be stupid and not listen to the how Oilers fans value Eberle
Do people actually think this? That a GM listens to fans value of a player over calling the other 30 GMs and discerning a player's value?

Frank the Tank is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:53 PM
  #79
McVirginOil
Registered User
 
McVirginOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x GreatKeith View Post
He probably will but he's still an RFA which adds value. Eberle's average regular season and lackluster playoffs have lowered his value significantly.
Only a fool would think that. His season was below average by all means and he still notched 50. Teams grab player that do well for them in the regular damn season, where 82 games are played. They could care less about playoff performance because literally anything and everything can happen in the playoffs. Plus this was Ebs first year in there and a ton of great players do **** poor in their first playoff run

McVirginOil is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:53 PM
  #80
Paralyzer
Had Enough Yet?
 
Paralyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange View Post
Connor McDavid.
BOOM NAILED IT! Where's my prize?

Paralyzer is online now  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:53 PM
  #81
ChaoticOrange
Registered User
 
ChaoticOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x GreatKeith View Post
Drouin also isn't making 6 million for the next two seasons. It's not Eberle's ability that lowers his value, it's his contract.
Contracts expire. Just like Drouin's ELC does.

Plenty of teams that need scoring that could take on Eberle's contract with zero issue.

ChaoticOrange is online now  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:53 PM
  #82
ChaoticOrange
Registered User
 
ChaoticOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0nedeff View Post
lets not kid ourselves Drouin is wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwway more dynamic than Eberle is or has ever been. However, buddy just hit 50 points for the first time in his career so I'd be pretty surprised if he ever hits 60 playing for a team with significantly worse offensive depth and high end players and no number 1 center.
Eberle has three 63+ point seasons.

Results matter. Drouin's just flashier.

ChaoticOrange is online now  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:55 PM
  #83
McVirginOil
Registered User
 
McVirginOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
Do people actually think this? That a GM listens to fans value of a player over calling the other 30 GMs and discerning a player's value?
No I just wanted to say us Oilers fans are dumb in another way.

McVirginOil is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:55 PM
  #84
Del McPreston
Registered User
 
Del McPreston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,889
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Bob Stauffer also said Mark Fayne may start the year on the 3rd pair
Lol.

Del McPreston is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:56 PM
  #85
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,410
vCash: 50
I've never been overly impressed with Drouin.

He's been living off draft/junior hype for the last couple years. Soft, undersizsed skill forward. Meh. Montreal will be waiting for him to break out for the next few seasons and he'll end up a ~55-60 point player. I don't think he's any better than Galchenyuk, and I doubt they get as good value back when they trade Galchenyuk.

Spawn is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:56 PM
  #86
ChaoticOrange
Registered User
 
ChaoticOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prostyle View Post
I'm with you CO. I like the idea of a forward who shoots, and Duchene is certainly that, but he is so greedy with the puck. He will hold it and attempt a shot facing 2 or 3 man coverage instead of differing to a wide open team-mate. Plus, I want Drai centering the second line.
This exactly. That's my main issue with Duchene, he always seems shocked by the fact that he has teammates.

Getting him for Eberle would be a coup but it won't make me like his play style any more.

ChaoticOrange is online now  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:56 PM
  #87
Pointteen
Registered User
 
Pointteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,747
vCash: 500
I now think Garrison for Pouliot will happen.

Pointteen is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:56 PM
  #88
x GreatKeith
Grand Dad?!
 
x GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 29,212
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McVirginOil View Post
Only a fool would think that. His season was below average by all means and he still notched 50. Teams grab player that do well for them in the regular damn season, where 82 games are played. They could care less about playoff performance because literally anything and everything can happen in the playoffs. Plus this was Ebs first year in there and a ton of great players do **** poor in their first playoff run
Of course but the perception is starting to grow on Eberle, whether fair or not.

Honestly just keep the guy. If Strome or Bjugstad is the return you're looking at don't even bother.

x GreatKeith is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:56 PM
  #89
McFuhryous
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Country: Hungary
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi McJenkins View Post
I wonder, this the conversation about "soft" interest from a team of a former coach, maybe that's Montreal

Maybe

To MTL: Nuge & Pouliot

To EDM: MysteryboxChenyuk, Plekanec and 1st.
For Pouliot,

Former coaches he's had still coaching in the NHL are:

Wild: Jacques Lemaire (special assignment coach with the Leafs)
Wild: Todd Richards (assistant coach with T-Bay)
Bruins: Julien (HC of the Habs)
Lightning: Guy Boucher (HC of the Sens)
Rangers: Vigneault (HC NYR)

Every coach he's ever had is still coaching in the NHL-even though Lemaire's is likely a pretty limited role with the TML, so my guesses are it's Julien or Boucher who have the soft interest in bringing him back under their tutelage.

McFuhryous is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:57 PM
  #90
Frank the Tank
Blue, you're my boy!
 
Frank the Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McVirginOil View Post
No I just wanted to say us Oilers fans are dumb in another way.
Fair enough. For what it's worth, Drouin had a strong playoff showing in 2016, whereas Eberle went goal less these playoffs. Fair or not, that will impact each player's perceived value with numerous trade suitors.

Frank the Tank is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:58 PM
  #91
Paralyzer
Had Enough Yet?
 
Paralyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange View Post
This exactly. That's my main issue with Duchene, he always seems shocked by the fact that he has teammates.

Getting him for Eberle would be a coup but it won't make me like his play style any more.
Well, MacLellan has seen him play on Team Canada, I'm sure he knows a thing or two to retrain him. If the Oilers really go for him, IMO it means MacLellan sees something we don't. Not saying you are wrong, because I actually agree with you, but there has to be something we don't know if this came true.

Paralyzer is online now  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:59 PM
  #92
Pointteen
Registered User
 
Pointteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,747
vCash: 500
I suspect if Pouliot goes we will need another penalty killing forward. Need at least one more forward who can be a go to. Especially one who doesn't often take them himself.

Pointteen is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:59 PM
  #93
Burnt Biscuits
Registered User
 
Burnt Biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McVirginOil View Post
So while Drouin with a career year of 53 points fetches you friggin Sergachev, Eberle with a 51 point career low fetches you what?

The ball is in Chia's park and he has to realize that.
Drouin is on the upswing and Eberle has likely peaked, watching Drouin at times this year he showed incredible ability to drive the offensive attack, unlike anything Eberle has demonstrated. Eberle seems to be destined to be more of supplementary talent to more talented players whereas Drouin looks to be an offensive catalyst.

Burnt Biscuits is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 02:59 PM
  #94
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,201
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFuhryous View Post
For Pouliot,

Former coaches he's had still coaching in the NHL are:

Wild: Jacques Lemaire (special assignment coach with the Leafs)
Wild: Todd Richards (assistant coach with T-Bay)
Bruins: Julien (HC of the Habs)
Lightning: Guy Boucher (HC of the Sens)
Rangers: Vigneault (HC NYR)

Every coach he's ever had is still coaching in the NHL-even though Lemaire's is likely a pretty limited role with the TML, so my guesses are it's Julien or Boucher who have the soft interest in bringing him back under their tutelage.
I'm pretty sure Cooper took over for Boucher that season with the Lightning.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 03:00 PM
  #95
McVirginOil
Registered User
 
McVirginOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x GreatKeith View Post
Of course but the perception is starting to grow on Eberle, whether fair or not.

Honestly just keep the guy. If Strome or Bjugstad is the return you're looking at don't even bother.
It's more of a perception among Edmonton fans and media that spread to people on these boards, who not even microscopically affect the guys in the front offices making the deals. Chia shouldn't be in a rush and teams that need offensive help will come begging to him.

McVirginOil is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 03:01 PM
  #96
McVirginOil
Registered User
 
McVirginOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
Fair enough. For what it's worth, Drouin had a strong playoff showing in 2016, whereas Eberle went goal less these playoffs. Fair or not, that will impact each player's perceived value with numerous trade suitors.
You're thinking way too hard on this

McVirginOil is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 03:01 PM
  #97
x GreatKeith
Grand Dad?!
 
x GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 29,212
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McVirginOil View Post
It's more of a perception among Edmonton fans and media that spread to people on these boards, who not even microscopically affect the guys in the front offices making the deals. Chia shouldn't be in a rush and teams that need offensive help will come begging to him.
And the Oilers might just be one of those teams with our lack of winger depth.

x GreatKeith is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 03:02 PM
  #98
ToeMcDrag83
5-14-6-1
 
ToeMcDrag83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,561
vCash: 500
Quite thankful Drouin isn't a Duck.

I'm not too chafed about Pouliot staying or going. Good PKer and depth on the left side is one of our strengths.

ToeMcDrag83 is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 03:03 PM
  #99
misfit
5-14-6-1
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...ever
Posts: 16,251
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I've never been overly impressed with Drouin.

He's been living off draft/junior hype for the last couple years. Soft, undersizsed skill forward. Meh. Montreal will be waiting for him to break out for the next few seasons and he'll end up a ~55-60 point player. I don't think he's any better than Galchenyuk, and I doubt they get as good value back when they trade Galchenyuk.
Drouin also had a pretty impressive playoff last year (or was it the year before?). And we're all too aware of how one good or bad playoff can affect your perception around here.

__________________
If you are offended by this post, it's probably because you're ugly.
misfit is offline  
Old
06-15-2017, 03:04 PM
  #100
McDeepika
Registered User
 
McDeepika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,169
vCash: 500
If we could somehow turn RNH/Eberle into Hamonic/Gallagher/Hanzal, I would consider this offseason a huge success.

McDeepika is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.