HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Eberle Trade Watch?

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2017, 03:04 PM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

vCash: 500
Half expecting Pacioretty + Galchenyuk + Weber for Doughty + Carter now.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
06-15-2017, 03:05 PM
McFuhryous

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi McJenkins View Post
I'm pretty sure Cooper took over for Boucher that season with the Lightning.
Boucher was fired pretty late in the season...so yes he would have played for Cooper as well, but only for a few weeks as the TBL didn't make the playoffs in '13.

Old
06-15-2017, 03:05 PM
soothsayer

Bob McKenzie speculating that Brodin is on Montreal's radar.

Old
06-15-2017, 03:06 PM
Smartguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange View Post
Eberle has three 63+ point seasons.

Results matter. Drouin's just flashier.
Have you watched drouin play? Guy can outright dominate a shift, I have never ever seen that happen from Eberle, Eberle is a solid finisher when he's on no doubt, but he can not control the ice like drouin can

Old
06-15-2017, 03:06 PM
Paralyzer
Had Enough Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Half expecting Pacioretty + Galchenyuk + Weber for Doughty + Carter now.
Don't think Bergervin is that smart.

Old
06-15-2017, 03:09 PM
Frank the Tank
Blue, you're my boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McVirginOil View Post
You're thinking way too hard on this
That's how these situations work now in the NHL. It's not just a single GM making a decision based on his opinion. Every team has at least a dozen hockey ops people examining every angle for weeks/months on a potential trade to maximize return.

Old
06-15-2017, 03:12 PM
McVirginOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
Drouin is on the upswing and Eberle has likely peaked, watching Drouin at times this year he showed incredible ability to drive the offensive attack, unlike anything Eberle has demonstrated. Eberle seems to be destined to be more of supplementary talent to more talented players whereas Drouin looks to be an offensive catalyst.
This makes no sense to me at all. Even when Hall, one of our team's best drivers, was here, Eberle played away from him and still put up some amazing point totals. For real, give Eberle some 1st line minutes, focus more offensively, and PP1 time, with a little more luck than he had last year, and he'll easily notch 65+. At the same age as Drouin, Eberle got 76 points.

Either way, people really don't like Eberle on these boards because they're fixated on 'grit' and other bs attributes. Drouin is softer than Ebs is and the only positive he has on him is he's more fun to watch and is younger. Statistics over the year suggests forwards really peaks at ~27-28 before they really slow down (Lucic lol). Again I'll say, scoring wingers are a hot commodity in the dead puck era, especially this offseason where the UFA wingers will be vastly overpaid or had a very lucky season.

Old
06-15-2017, 03:14 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
This makes no sense to me at all. Even when Hall, one of our team's best drivers, was here, Eberle played away from him and still put up some amazing point totals. For real, give Eberle some 1st line minutes, focus more offensively, and PP1 time, with a little more luck than he had last year, and he'll easily notch 65+. At the same age as Drouin, Eberle got 76 points.

Either way, people really don't like Eberle on these boards because they're fixated on 'grit' and other bs attributes. Drouin is softer than Ebs is and the only positive he has on him is he's more fun to watch and is younger. Statistics over the year suggests forwards really peaks at ~27-28 before they really slow down (Lucic lol). Again I'll say, scoring wingers are a hot commodity in the dead puck era, especially this offseason where the UFA wingers will be vastly overpaid or had a very lucky season.
If only we had some top tier talent like a Connor McDavid for Eberle to play with. Oh wait ...

Old
06-15-2017, 03:15 PM
McVirginOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDeepika View Post
If we could somehow turn RNH/Eberle into Hamonic/Gallagher/Hanzal, I would consider this offseason a huge success.
Switch Hanzal with an actual centre who actually wins against hard matchups and does more than Faceoffs then I'll agree

Old
06-15-2017, 03:16 PM
x GreatKeith
Grand Dad?!

Quote:

I'm not down on Eberle, I'm down on his value. He really wasn't all that great during the regular season and he sucked during the playoffs. Fair or not recency bias is in effect here. It doesn't matter that he scored 30/70 a few years ago.

Don't bother trading him. There's no point.

Old
06-15-2017, 03:16 PM
McVirginOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
If only we had some top tier talent like a Connor McDavid for Eberle to play with. Oh wait ...
Reading comprehension must be hard for you huh?

Old
06-15-2017, 03:17 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Reading comprehension must be hard for you huh?
Excuse comprehension no.

Dude has been given every opportunity to succeed here and has underwhelmed for a couple of years now.

He would not have hit 65 last year even if we were forced to play him with McDavid at gun point.

He's very likely to be a 50 point-ish player here going forward. If people think that's worth 6 million, fine.

Old
06-15-2017, 03:27 PM
McDrai
Jesse P for Prez

My pipe dream would be to trade for Brodin and Barrie and plug them on the 2nd pairing. Then when Sekera returns we will be stacked on defense assuming everyone is healthy

Old
06-15-2017, 03:32 PM
LTIR

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDrai View Post
My pipe dream would be to trade for Brodin and Barrie and plug them on the 2nd pairing. Then when Sekera returns we will be stacked on defense assuming everyone is healthy
one extreme to another. Some here think our D is good enough to contend already and some want 2 more top 4 Dmen.

Old
06-15-2017, 03:33 PM
Soundwave

Any interest in throwing a contract at Francois Beaucheman if he's cheap for *depth* purposes?

Old
06-15-2017, 03:34 PM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartguy View Post
Have you watched drouin play? Guy can outright dominate a shift, I have never ever seen that happen from Eberle, Eberle is a solid finisher when he's on no doubt, but he can not control the ice like drouin can
really?

Old
06-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Paralyzer
Had Enough Yet?

Quote:
I dunno if I like that as our #3-#4. I'd sooner have Barrie with Nurse or Benning than Brodin.

TBH though, I'd rather have one of Barrie or Brodin and just re-sign Russell. That'd be a much better idea since one of those 2 can produce points for us and we can still have a good defender who actually plays defense.

Old
06-15-2017, 03:35 PM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

Quote:
Excuse comprehension no.

Dude has been given every opportunity to succeed here and has underwhelmed for a couple of years now.

He would not have hit 65 last year even if we were forced to play him with McDavid at gun point.

He's very likely to be a 50 point-ish player here going forward. If people think that's worth 6 million, fine.
because that is rational. i mean he has totally gone from one of the elite finishers in the league to a bum in 82 games.

Old
06-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Aerchon

Quote:
Im not big on either of those players and can't imagine them being the pieces that make our team even better. Both heavily flawed players.

Old
06-15-2017, 03:37 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
because that is rational. i mean he has totally gone form one of the elite finishers in the league to a bum in 82 games.
50 point player is not a bum.

Besides 50 was a *reach* for him last year, he was sitting at 16 goals, 46 points going into game 80, the only reason he hit even 50 was because Vancouver iced an AHL team and gifted him 4 goals.

Beyond being physically soft I think he's mentally soft too, so he's never going to handle not being spoon fed all the prime PP minutes/top line minutes. But now that we have McDavid and Draisaitl he's never going to occupy the role of a driver on this team again, he's a support player, but I don't think he can deal with that. He gets down on himself, mopes, then will have a couple of games where he looks engaged again, rinse, wash, repeat.

Old
06-15-2017, 03:37 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 250
Quote:
Any interest in throwing a contract at Francois Beaucheman if he's cheap for *depth* purposes?
Very, honestly, physical, veteran with a lot of playoff experience and a big shot, there's nothing to not like as a depth player.

Old
06-15-2017, 03:40 PM
Distinct

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
because that is rational. i mean he has totally gone from one of the elite finishers in the league to a bum in 82 games.
50 points is not a bum in today's NHL. With that being said, Eberle hasn't been an elite finisher for a few seasons now. He had had his chance to get back up there, but hasn't been able to get it done.

Old
06-15-2017, 03:47 PM
SK13
T. Yoshi Muchakoopas

Quote:
Excuse comprehension no.

Offensively? No. It's been one year.

Even playing through injury for a portion of last year, he had 25 goals in 69 goals for a 30 goal pace. I've never heard anyone describe that as underwhelming for a player like Eberle.

Quote:

He could do the exact same year over exactly where he was on the roster and probably be around 5 goals better just based on shooting percentage baselines.

Last edited by SK13: 06-15-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old
06-15-2017, 03:51 PM
Zaddy Zads

I wish this thread wasn't 90% Eberle talk. I mean, we have a seperate discussion thread for Eberle guys...

Old
06-15-2017, 03:52 PM
SK13
T. Yoshi Muchakoopas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
50 points is not a bum in today's NHL. With that being said, Eberle hasn't been an elite finisher for a few seasons now. He had had his chance to get back up there, but hasn't been able to get it done.
It depends what you mean by elite level finisher. Clearly 34 goals was an outlier, but he's tickled the line on 30 in two of the last four seasons.

Between 2013 and 2016 he scored 77 goals in 230 games. This is a 0.33 goal/game pace or flirting with the top 10 for all RWs in that timeframe. In order to only score 20 this year, he needed to shoot 4% below his career average.

A rebound year of sorts for Jordan Eberle is pretty predictable.

Closed Thread