HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would you give up for Brodin?

Old
06-16-2017, 12:40 PM
Sabre the Win
ROR 2 LW Plz

vCash: 500
I want Tanev nowhere near this roster, its bad enough we cant get Bogosian to play a full season now we are just piling on with another defensemen who will leave us for 30 games a season while losing one of Reinhart or Nylander. No thanks.

Sabre the Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 01:00 PM
Jim Bob
....Rebooting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre the Win View Post
I want Tanev nowhere near this roster, its bad enough we cant get Bogosian to play a full season now we are just piling on with another defensemen who will leave us for 30 games a season while losing one of Reinhart or Nylander. No thanks.
Tanev only makes sense as a Bogosian replacement, IMO.

The only Tanev to Buffalo deal I like is Kane for Tanev. But, I doubt Kane is enough to get the Canucks to trade Tanev to Buffalo.

I would add one of Fasching, Baptiste, or Bailey to Kane if that got the deal done.

Jim Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 01:05 PM
Doug Prishpreed

I would do anything for Brodin (But I won't do Reinhart)

-Meatloaf, 1993

Doug Prishpreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 02:49 PM
Der Jaeger
O'Reichelainenhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CacOBG View Post
Sergachev just returned Drouin. You are not getting established NHL D like Brodin for 8OA and late second in a weak draft...

We are living in a world where Larsson is equal value to Hall.
Imagine that the poster who said this thought about that.

Nylander for Brodin could work - highly rated prospect who does not need protection for a defenseman the Wild aren't likely to protect.

Nylander goes 3-5 in this draft. 8OA is off that. Add Bailey, Borgen, and Minnesota's 2nd back to them (Fletcher stated that he wants to add draft picks).

That's the basis of the deal.

Der Jaeger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 03:50 AM
Snippit

8th + Kane?

Might be too much, but Brodin really is just an ideal target.

Snippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 04:02 AM
CacOBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
8th + Kane?

Something has to come our way for that. Also they will have to protect Kane so that doesn't help their situation much...

8OA+Fasching+Borgen

Think that does it. Two 4th rounders that we have spent some years trying to develop. Problem is someone probably beats that offer.

Maybe Nylander+Borgen alternatively? But again nothing NHL-ready going their way so someone may beat this offer. What they probably want is a young, quality NHL-er that doesn't need protection. We only have Reinhart in that regard and IMO Reinhart is worth more than Brodin so the add from them should be a significant pick or prospect (I'd take Alex Tuch or their 2018 unprotected 1st as I suspect they may become a lottery team next year).

CacOBG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 04:51 AM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

vCash: 720
I'm not moving Reinhart in a deal unless it's a 1 for 1 involving a future #1 dman. Brodin is awesome and I'd love to have him here but he's a #2/3 dman. Hanifin on the other hand looks to be that 23-24 minute a night, solid defensively, 40+ point dman that fits the bill as a #1/high end #2 top pairing guy. That's the only possible return I'd take for Reinhart. If we can't get Brodin for #8+ I'd pass and try to fix the D with a cheaper option and hopefully sign someone like Alzner this year and wait for summer of 2018 to either sign another D or trade for one. These are the potential UFA dmen in 2018

John Carlson
Cam Fowler
Marc Edouard Vlasic
Alexei Emelin
Mike Green
Jack Johnson
Dan Hamhuis
Tobias Enstrom

Granted, some of them will be extended but I have a feeling there will be a few who make it to free agency. If we can't get Brodin, then signing Alzner this summer and then hopefully getting a Fowler or Jack Johnson next summer wouldn't be a bad route to go, especially as it would cost zero assets. Johnson and Alzner aren't top pairing guys but are definitely middle pairing dmen. With Risto,McCabe and Guhle most likely locking down half our blueline for a very long time, we only would have to fill 3 other spots with options including Antipin, Bogosian and then possibly Alzner and another 2018 UFA dman. I am wary of moving Nylander. I know D is Far more important then wing but Nylander has the potential to be something special. If he can become even 3/4s of his brother that's a player you don't trade. Not to mention Okposo is turning 30, Reinhart likely moving back to center, Kane likely is gone past this year and #8 if kept is likely also used on a dman. Our AHL wingers are not surefire nhlers, so we need Nylander here long term. It don't matter how great of a D you got, if you can't score you can't win and I just don't think an offense led by Eichel,Reinhart,RoR and an aging Okposo supplemented with a bunch of bottom 6 wingers with no chance of ever scoring 15-20 goals a season is a forward corps good enough to win. Pittsburgh has won 2 cups in a row with an elite forward corps and a solid but unspectacular group of dmen.

#8+#37+Borgen+Bailey/Baptiste/Fasching

That has to be a good enough package for Brodin.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 05:07 AM
Aladyyn
eyes up

If Hanifin was on a similar development path to Seth Jones, I could see a 1for1 being good. But...

Aladyyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 05:15 AM
CacOBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cosa Nostra View Post
#8+#37+Borgen+Bailey/Baptiste/Fasching

That has to be a good enough package for Brodin.
No way I'm doing that. Way too many picks and prospect depth to give up for someone that won't immediately make us a contender.

Assuming we could trade 8OA for 11+2nd that could in theory be:
Valimaki
Timmins
DiPietro
Borgen
Bailey...all just for Brodin

CacOBG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 08:33 AM
WJZ3
SAVEMONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CacOBG View Post
No way I'm doing that. Way too many picks and prospect depth to give up for someone that won't immediately make us a contender.

Assuming we could trade 8OA for 11+2nd that could in theory be:
Valimaki
Timmins
DiPietro
Borgen
Bailey...all just for Brodin
Yeah, that would be brutal, we're not in a position to deplete our pipeline. Eichel is 20 and Reinhart is 21, we still have a lot of time to build

WJZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Aladyyn
eyes up

Completely agreed. Rather try to get something from the FA bargain bin than give out that many assets.

Aladyyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Snippit

Proposal from the main board:
8OA + Kane (at $2.625) for Brodin + Pominville

Retaining on Kane isn't a big deal, since it's only for one year and we have plenty of cap space. The extra year of Pominville @ 5 Mil might make it difficult to sign Eichel and Reinhart, but I think we should be able to make it work if one of Moulson, Ennis or Bogosian is gone by then.

Pominville scored 47 points in 78 games this year, which is respectable production. We're not getting an anchor - he'd easily fit in the top six.

Nylander-Eichel-Pominville
ROR-Reinhart-Okposo

Brodin-Risto
McCabe-Antipin

Snippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 10:36 AM
Beerz

Quote:

Retaining on Kane isn't a big deal, since it's only for one year and we have plenty of cap space. The extra year of Pominville @ 5 Mil might make it difficult to sign Eichel and Reinhart, but I think we should be able to make it work if one of Moulson, Ennis or Bogosian is gone by then.

Pominville scored 47 points in 78 games this year, which is respectable production. We're not getting an anchor - he'd easily fit in the top six.

ROR-Reinhart-Okposo

Brodin-Risto
McCabe-Antipin
That makes me ill.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 10:38 AM
Husko

vCash: 165
Quote:

ROR-Reinhart-Okposo

Brodin-Risto
McCabe-Antipin
Eh. I don't hate it. But if we're moving two of our 3 big tradable assets in one deal, I want one really good top flight D coming back. Otherwise I'd rather peddle them for two different D.

Husko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 10:58 AM
Der Jaeger
O'Reichelainenhart

Quote:

ROR-Reinhart-Okposo

Brodin-Risto
McCabe-Antipin
If Makar or Heiskanen are gone, and GMJB doesn't have the rare draft-day trade up brewing, AND nothing else was available, Id' take this deal.

Der Jaeger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 11:22 AM
SwissCheese77

Quote:

ROR-Reinhart-Okposo

Brodin-Risto
McCabe-Antipin
That was my proposal, glad you like it. I agree, the only way it would work is if Bogo, Ennis, or Moulson went to Vegas. Additionally, I'd push for Minnesota to retain a million on Pommer to make it easier for us to sign Reinhart and Eichel next year.

I really like the idea of a Nylander - Reinhart - Pominville third line. Maybe not to start the season if we keep Nylander in Rochester, but I think Pominville would be a really nice vet winger to have on their side.

SwissCheese77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 12:31 PM
Beerz

Bobby Mac says Brodin unlikely to be traded today.

Good news

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 01:42 PM
Dubi Doo

We should definitely be in play for Brodin. I can't think of a much better for Ristolainen.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 02:44 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Bobby Mac says Brodin unlikely to be traded today.

Good news
Lol time will tell

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 02:54 PM
sincerity0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
We'd be ripping ourselves off if we offered that. I know Nylander's AHL stats were underwhelming, but look how he did in the WJCs when he was playing against his peers..and with another year of tournament eligibility left. The kid has a ridiculous amount of talent, we just need to develop him.
I agree - plus those two are our best fwd prospects. Asplund is and was highly touted as a sure fire NHL player. We need young, cheap players consistently coming through the pipeline on elcs

sincerity0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 01:23 AM
Jammerz04

Quote:
Brodin is a perfect fit in Buffalo. There's lots of Brodin talk right now according to McKenzie, so this could be a perfect opportunity to get a defender who is:

- 23 years old, fitting in with the age of the core
- Signed to a very reasonable contract
- Can play top pair with Risto
- LHD

What would you give up for him?

8 OA?
Nylander?

I think it would take one of those pieces plus something else.

Either way, this is a big opportunity and the Sabres have to be in on Brodin.
Jesus that's too much for any of the Wild's D. Especially one of the best prospect wingers in the game.

Bailey, 1st and Foligno should be more than enough.

Jammerz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 01:24 AM
Jammerz04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladyyn View Post
Trading an elite piece for multiple non-elite ones is NEVER a good trade unless you're getting like half a franchise.

Reinhart isn't an elite piece bud.

Jammerz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 01:50 AM
Kublakhan
Lets Go Buffalo !!!

Quote:
8th + Kane?

at this point I'd do it..

Kublakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 02:09 AM
Push Dr Tracksuit
Gerstmann 3:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammerz04 View Post
Reinhart isn't an elite piece bud.
this is like when the ground hog sees its shadow, or doesnt see its shadow, either way the next page should be a joy to read

Push Dr Tracksuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 06:15 AM
makeitburn
PUCKGASM

Kane is the only thing I'd give Vegas for Brodin at this point.

makeitburn is offline   Reply With Quote