HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Speculation 2017-2018, Episode IV, A New Hope

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2017, 09:34 AM
Aladyyn
eyes up

vCash: 500
Long-term Leafs are projected to have Matthews, Nylander, Kadri down the middle. Labels are meaningless.

Old
06-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Beerz

I really don't want to see Reonhart centering 3rd line... id rather see him on wing in top 6. Either that or trade him for D ... not the Tanev or Brodin types tho.

Should keep him tho.. cause injuries happen and to have a capable guy slot in to top 6 center duties when one of ROR or Jack get hurt is invaluable

Old
sincerity0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CacOBG View Post
Zemgod and Larsson will be MUCH cheaper. Reinahrt gives you a good trade return in terms of D. Zemgod and Larsson will be on cheaper contract and have low trade value. No brainer who the better overall option for 3C is even if Reinhart is the better player. That's not the only thing that matters.
So the Sabres should rid of Reinhart because Girgs / Larsson will be a cheaper 3c option? Reinhart is not getting traded unless Hanifin is coming back. Sure he will get more in value coming back but that doesn't mean we should do it.

Good teams often have 3 powerful lines: Pittsburgh just won two cups playing three fantastic scoring lines.

ROR-Eichel-Reinhart would be as an elite center core as any in 1-2 years. Fill in and develop wingers who are hungry, who fight for the puck, and let those three guys rake in the points. It's pretty simple, actually.

Old
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd do reinhart for an equivalent D at this point without question, it's just a situation where that's a high bar, and I don't feel like we're losing value by keeping him and having three dynamic lines.

Old
06-16-2017, 09:38 AM
CacOBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincerity0 View Post
So the Sabres should rid of Reinhart because Girgs / Larsson will be a cheaper 3c option? Reinhart is not getting traded unless Hanifin is coming back. Sure he will get more in value coming back but that doesn't mean we should do it.

Good teams often have 3 powerful lines: Pittsburgh just won two cups playing three fantastic scoring lines.

ROR-Eichel-Reinhart would be as an elite center core as any in 1-2 years. Fill in and develop wingers who are hungry, who fight for the puck, and let those three guys rake in the points. It's pretty simple, actually.
Well my position is Sam for Hanifin anyway even if we have to add some pick value to that (it is obvious these days D have higher value than anything else in the league...).

Old
06-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Reddawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I really don't want to see Reonhart centering 3rd line... id rather see him on wing in top 6. Either that or trade him for D ... not the Tanev or Brodin types tho.

Should keep him tho.. cause injuries happen and to have a capable guy slot in to top 6 center duties when one of ROR or Jack get hurt is invaluable
Same.

Nylander - O'Reilly - Okposo
Rodrigues - Eichel - Reinhart
Carrier - Girgensons - Baptiste
Foligno - Larsson - Bailey

I like that setup for long-term, given the existing roster and the fact that I don't want Moulson or Ennis anywhere near it and I expect Kane to be traded.

Old
06-16-2017, 09:45 AM
CacOBG

blank

Old
06-16-2017, 09:47 AM
OkimLom

Quote:
UFA class is shocking and UFAs are hard on the cap and we have enough **** contracts short term anyway to deal with. Lesser trades are 1 possibility. Drafting will be like 3 years, I don't have the patience for this and from hearing the GM and HC it seems they are tentatively looking at making the playoffs and getting BPA with our pick, which tells me that it is probably too long term solution for them too.

Also I am not in favort of spending 5mil on 3rd liner center when I can pay Zemgod and Larsson half that and get Hanifin back. It just doesn't make sense from asset management point of view.
You're okay with spending $5 Million on the 3rd line center as long as you have cost controlled wingers to balance it out. Getting out from under having big money tied up in the wingers should be the 1st steps to get the cap issues under control. You should be able to spend $5 Million on a 3rd line center AND on two/three of the top 4 guys. I'm of the mindset of ADDING pieces without taking away from your most valued pieces. I know people use the whole give to get technique, but that ONLY works when you are capable of making those moves without hurting the level of talent.

If you move Reinhart, you're decreasing the talent level from Reinhart to Zemgus/Johan immensely. Until there is a smaller gap of talent level if you trade Reinhart, you keep him.

Old
06-16-2017, 09:50 AM
CacOBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
You're okay with spending $5 Million on the 3rd line center as long as you have cost controlled wingers to balance it out. Getting out from under having big money tied up in the wingers should be the 1st steps to get the cap issues under control. You should be able to spend $5 Million on a 3rd line center AND on two/three of the top 4 guys. I'm of the mindset of ADDING pieces without taking away from your most valued pieces. I know people use the whole give to get technique, but that ONLY works when you are capable of making those moves without hurting the level of talent.

If you move Reinhart, you're decreasing the talent level from Reinhart to Zemgus/Johan immensely. Until there is a smaller gap of talent level if you trade Reinhart, you keep him.
Zemgod/Larsson may well prove to be more effective than people give them credit for in a competent system unlike the Bylsma disaster. Just like people expect the same from Reinhart. Anyway, it is my preference and there is nothing that would change my mind. The way I can't change your or Aladynn's mind. That's the beauty of a forum discussion

Old
06-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Workensons
doginthebathtub

If Reinhart gets traded, Buffalo needs a scorer coming back. I know the primary need is defense, but Buffalo also needs goals.

Reinhart, Kane, +
For
Brodin, Neiderreiter

Old
06-16-2017, 09:53 AM
Reddawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workensons View Post
If Reinhart gets traded, Buffalo needs a scorer coming back. I know the primary need is defense, but Buffalo also needs goals.

Reinhart, Kane, +
For
Brodin, Neiderreiter
That deal makes our team considerably worse.

Old
06-16-2017, 10:19 AM
OkimLom

Quote:
Zemgod/Larsson may well prove to be more effective than people give them credit for in a competent system unlike the Bylsma disaster. Just like people expect the same from Reinhart. Anyway, it is my preference and there is nothing that would change my mind. The way I can't change your or Aladynn's mind. That's the beauty of a forum discussion
Agree, that's what we're all here for in the first place, hockey discussion.

But, on the topic of Zemgus and Johan, if they prove to be more effective, then maybe you're paying them $5 million.

I'm open to the discussion of trading Reinhart for equal value, but I'm of the mindset that I don't think the short list of guys I would trade him for are available. Because of that, I'm not open to trading him, JUST to address our "holes" on defense.

Old
06-16-2017, 10:21 AM
Mattilaus

vCash: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workensons View Post

Reinhart, Kane, +
For
Brodin, Neiderreiter
Okay so we need a scorer back, so we add our best scorer to this deal in order to get Niederreiter?

How does getting rid of Reinhart AND Kane and replacing them with Niederreiter net us more goals?

EDIT: For the record, Kane had 28 goals last year without looking at Reinhart, Niederreiter got 25.

Old
06-16-2017, 10:21 AM
CacOBG

Quote:
Agree, that's what we're all here for in the first place, hockey discussion.

But, on the topic of Zemgus and Johan, if they prove to be more effective, then maybe you're paying them $5 million.

I'm open to the discussion of trading Reinhart for equal value, but I'm of the mindset that I don't think the short list of guys I would trade him for are available. Because of that, I'm not open to trading him, JUST to address our "holes" on defense.
Both Zemgod and Larsson are RFA this year when their value is low so you can get a perfectly good long term contract on them IMO.

Old
06-16-2017, 10:31 AM
sincerity0

Quote:
Well my position is Sam for Hanifin anyway even if we have to add some pick value to that (it is obvious these days D have higher value than anything else in the league...).
Unlikely. The two of them have similar value.

You're responding to a side point I made, not the original intent. You said we should trade Reinhart because:

1) he'd be an expensive 3c long term
2) he'd return more (duh) than Girgs or Larsson.

Just because he's more valuable doesn't mean that we should trade him. My reasoning was explained above- good teams have strong offensive players down the lineup. nashville countered this by having extremely balanced, yet offensive - defensemen. That is still offensive talent throughout the lineup.

Old
06-16-2017, 10:38 AM
sincerity0

Quote:
[b]Zemgod/Larsson may well prove to be more effective than people give them credit for in a competent system unlike the Bylsma disaster. [\b]Just like people expect the same from Reinhart. Anyway, it is my preference and there is nothing that would change my mind. The way I can't change your or Aladynn's mind. That's the beauty of a forum discussion
That still doesn't change the gap of talent between Reinhart and Girgs/Larsson. Period. We are expecting most, if not all, players to benefit from a hopefully improved system and influx of talent.

You can't change their mind because trading Reinhart is pretty illogical unless it's for Hanifin. Yes, we agree that Hanifin would be an appropriate return. That doesn't deflect from the fact that you want to trade Reinhart because he'd be a $5m 3c. That's such idiotic reasoning.

Giving the new staff an opportunity to not play ROR 25min/night by having three good Cs + a competent 4c (Larsson) is an advantage. Having three Cs who are good playmakers (offensive threats) is an advantage.

Old
06-16-2017, 10:46 AM
Taro Tsujimoto

vCash: 750
Old
06-16-2017, 10:47 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
Can find a fit for him somewhere via trade? Or a fit in our lineup?

Old
06-16-2017, 10:48 AM
OkimLom

Quote:
Both Zemgod and Larsson are RFA this year when their value is low so you can get a perfectly good long term contract on them IMO.
Good Point, if only Reinhart was a RFA.

Old
06-16-2017, 10:48 AM
CacOBG

YES YES YES YES

PLS BE TRUE PLS BE TRUE

Slow for GM Big Botts

I am starting to love this guy already and we haven't even played a game under his rule

Old
06-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Zip15

vCash: 205
Fwiw.

Old
06-16-2017, 10:51 AM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Fwiw.

Totally would be okay with that, but thinking he signs with Vegas.

Old
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
YES YES YES YES

PLS BE TRUE PLS BE TRUE

Slow for GM Big Botts

I am starting to love this guy already and we haven't even played a game under his rule
Wait I thought you hated the idea of a Kane trade and that quote clearly says that they are trying to move Kane more than Lehner...

Old
CacOBG

Quote:
Good Point, if only Reinhart was a RFA.
Aladynn was stating we should be happy with 5 mil per for Reinhart. I think 5 mil is realistic. The same I think if we give Zemgod/Larsson 2.5 each at 4 years they take it. That's still a big raise from what they are getting now.

Old
06-16-2017, 10:52 AM
Jim Bob
....Rebooting....

I want to see them try Reinhart as the 3rd line center.

I remember what Roy did in 06-07 playing behind Drury & Briere. I think reinhart could do even better behind ROR & Eichel.

Closed Thread