HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lineup 2017-2018

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2017, 06:56 AM
That Habs Fan
I miss PK

vCash: 500
  • Trade Galchenyuk, Beaulieu + prospect/pick for Coyle and Brodin.
  • Trade Plekanec(retained if need be) + a prospect/pick to LV for whatever they're willing to trade back.
  • Sign Hanzal

Pacioretty-Coyle-Radulov
Lekhonen-Hanzal-Drouin
Shaw-Danault-Gallagher
Byron-JDLR/McCarron-Mitchell

Brodin-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Benn
Davidson

Price
Montoya

Old
06-16-2017, 08:52 AM
Habs100

Quote:
Originally Posted by WG View Post
Nothing.

If it can be managed, start the season with Plekanec as the 3C and commit to trading him at the TDL. Plek on an expiring contract with 30 games left might get as much as a 1st (see: Hanzal, Vermette, Gaustad). 2nd at worst. Because of this I could see Vegas taking Plekanec with a plan to flip him at the TDL.

IfPlek is not picked and you need to trade him in the summer, Plek with 1-2M retained gets an asset back, but even Plek (1M retained) for a 3rd >> trading picks to remove Plek.

Emelin with 1 year left, even at 4M, could be traded elsewhere for a pick, again do not see the need to pay assets to get Vegas to take him.
If we're really so desperate to get rid of Plekanec and we'really desperate for centermen, why would any other team want him? Perhaps to use him at the trade deadline, but I'm not convinced he fetches a 1st or even 2nd. Gaustad and Hanzal were mistakes. Vermette had much higher production than Pleks will have. Have you watched Plekanec recently? He does nothing offensively 5 on 5. I would not give up a 2nd for him at the deadline. No way. Would you?

Old
06-16-2017, 08:57 AM
la25ecoupe

Wow byebye Subban and Sergachev..

We could be having McDonagh, Subban, Sergachev today. Isn't that 1 player away from Preds's Top 4 D?

EDIT: If Sergachev is no bust.

Old
06-16-2017, 09:23 AM
lauzon19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs100 View Post
I would love to find a way to dump Plekanec, Emelin, Gallagher, and Shaw, instead of not being able to sign better players like Markov, Galchenyuk, Radulov and even Beaulieu.

Gallagher and Shaw should be able to be traded for assets. Plekanec and Emelin will require packaging assets. Hopefully we can use the assets we get by trading Gallagher and Shaw, plus a pick/prospect to get a 2nd line center.

Pacioretty Danault Radulov

Drouin **2nd C** Galchenyuk

Lehkonen Mitchell Byron

Hudon Flynn McCarron (Scherbak if he's ready)

Martinsen, Terry
Your opinion on Gallagher is AWFUL... Dump Gallagher... Trade him okay, but dump.......... Your lines are awful too... Your center line is the worst one since 1999.

Old
06-16-2017, 09:47 AM
Habs100

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauzon19 View Post
Your opinion on Gallagher is AWFUL... Dump Gallagher... Trade him okay, but dump.......... Your lines are awful too... Your center line is the worst one since 1999.

Gallagher and Shaw should earn a return. Some think Plekanec would... That lineup depends on who the 2nd line center is. If it's Duchesne it's a pretty good lineup.

If Galchenyuk can play center, I like our lineup as is:

Pacioretty Danault Drouin

Byron Galchenyuk Radulov

Lehkonen Plekanec Gallagher

Hudon McCarron/Mitchell Shaw

But it looks like a trade is coming. I just don't want to lose Galchenyuk for a lesser talent.

Old
06-16-2017, 10:15 AM
Garp

Honestly, I think Galchy is going to be traded for an underwhelming return, but I'd like the team to keep him. A Duo of Drouin and Galchenyuk is a Defensive nightmare but is a match made in heaven in the Ozone. I think one of the problems with Galchenyuk at center is the same as Stamkos at center (I don't compare their talent but their style of play). A shoot first center is a rare thing and only work if you have a good playmaking winger to go with it (which is also a rare thing). Stamkos had St-Louis, I'd like to see if Drouin could be the answer there. Then put a good defensive player (I mean real good...) with them.

If the team stay's the same, I'd like to see :

Patch - Danault - Radulov
Drouin - Galchenyuk - Lekonen / Shaw
Lekonen / Shaw - Plekanec - Gallagher
Byron - McCaron - Mitchell

DLR - Martinsen - Hudon

Beaulieu / Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Jerabek - Benn

Davidson

I think we got 3 really good lines (with 1 suspect in the Dzone...)
Doing this lineup tells me that it's probably not galchenyuk but one of gallagher, Shaw, Byron or Lekonen that should be traded...

Old
06-16-2017, 10:32 AM
S Bah

Having the Danault(C) - Pacioretty(LW) - Radulov(RW) line seeing the most icetime, warranted of course. Then the Plekanec(C) - Byron(LW) - Gallagher(RW) a very competent two way line, capable of stirring the team every shift, playoffs included. The new line IMHO will feature Drouin(C) - Shaw(LW) - Lehkonen(RW) giving the Habs a Top Nine all capable of creating offence. The 4th line is one whose very capable of taking the game to whichever opponents they face, the Grinding, Energy & Levelling Line(For their abilities to Level any opponent silly enough to step in their path.) I could foresee Martinson(C) - King(LW) - McCarron(RW) with Torrey Mitchell sharing the center duties with either Martinson/McCarron/JDLR. This is not taking into account Hudon(C/LW) or Galchenyuk(C/LW), Hudon might be the center on that line, being a very capable two way player, one that can create offence.

The jury is out on both Galchenyuk & Beaulieu, the Expansion Draft may force the trades of both these very promising young stars, as it did in the Tampa Bay trading of Johnathan Drouin. A blessing for the Habs, their fans, as it will our Center Ice Problem/Offence/Power Play/Playoffs.

It's looking great for next season, our defence is the same, as Sergachev wasn't playing last year for the Habs. If Galchenyuk/Beaulieu are packaged in a deal for a #2 LHD to be Weber's partner(Markov UFA) or another top end Center perhaps Tavares/Mackinnon/Duchene/Huberdeau, many options that are available here. Bergevin has a proven ability to pull the trigger on the Big Deal, not just getting the best player available as upgrades, Paul Byron, Andrew Shaw, Philip Danault, Alex Radulov, Dwight King, Andreas Martinson, etc., are ample proof of Marc Bergevin's unending forte of improving the Habs & the Laval Rockets for those paying attention. Whilst acquiring extra 2nd round draft picks that he turns into quality NHLers(A.Shaw)

Go Habs Go!!!...

Old
06-16-2017, 10:35 AM
BrendanGallagher11

Plekanec emelin out

Trade galchenyuk patches 1st for Tavares and hamonic

Sign radulov and Hanzal

Drouin Tavares radulov
Gallagher Hanzal letkonen
Shaw Danault Byron
Hudon McCarron martinsen Mitchell whoever

Weber hamonic
Petry markov
Benn jerabek

And price I guess
Weber lifts the cup
Done deal!

Old
06-16-2017, 10:38 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowNothing View Post
McGuire on tsn 690 said that drouin will NOT play centre. Get that out of your heads

I trust McGuire more than any poster on hfboards

He said that this deal did not address their biggest concern about a centre

This is a complementary trade. By the way I'm not sure he liked it due to the age

But I trust McGuire over anybody here
McGuire also said there's a five year dif between Serga and Drouin. Drouin turned 22 in March and Sergachev is 19 on June 25. My math tells me that's 3 not 5 years. I suspect McGuire is expressing his sour grapes.

Old
06-16-2017, 11:08 AM
M.C.G. 31
BE HUMBLE

vCash: 656
playing around on capfriendly...

Lehkonen - Drouin - Radulov
Pacioretty - Thornton - Dadonov
Hudon - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - McCarron - Shaw
Martinsen - Mitchell

Brodin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Benn
Del Zotto - Jerabek

Price
Montoya

obviously not what I expect to happen but just playing around to see if the moving parts fit under the cap.

06-16-2017, 11:14 AM
rockjngo

Pacioretty-?-Radulov
Drouin-?-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Danault-Byron
Lehkonen-Mitchell-Shaw
McCarron

OK to me it doesn't make sense to have Galchenyuk on the 3rd line. Drouin is better on LW but could play RW, I don't know he's a C. Lehkonen on the 4th line doesn't make sense. I think Galchenyuk is either going to play center or get traded for a center.

Pacioretty-?-Radulov
Drouin-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Byron
McCarron-Mitchell-Shaw

Old
06-16-2017, 12:36 PM
No More Subban

Sergachev-Subban was supposed to be our future top pairing...

Both gone.

Now Chuckie's probably next to go.

sigh

Old
06-16-2017, 02:24 PM
domiwroze

1.Trade with VG so they take Plekanec.

Drouin - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Danault - Lehkonen
Hudon - Shaw - Gallagher
whatever.

2. Trade Beaulieu and fing an Upgrade.

Mete - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Benn
Davidson

Old
06-16-2017, 02:50 PM
lamp9post

Our winger depth is remarkable at the moment:

Pacioretty - XXXXX - Radulov
Drouin - XXXXX - Galchenyuk
Lehkonen - XXXXX - Gallagher
Byron - XXXXX - Shaw

It won't stay that way, and obviously we have weaknesses elsewhere to address, and yes, Radulov is not signed, but man, that is as impressive a group of wingers as you'll see.

Old
06-16-2017, 05:47 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Let Radulov play centre already, so I can watch Drouin-Radulov-Galchenyuk go to work.

Old
06-16-2017, 06:00 PM
Belial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Let Radulov play centre already, so I can watch Drouin-Radulov-Galchenyuk go to work.
Seriously I don't know why this guy is not a center... He plays like a center that doesn't take FO's.

Old
06-16-2017, 06:28 PM
EveryDay

Trade Gallagher + Beaulieu for Stepan
Sign Radulov 6M for 3-4 years

Pacioretty-Stepan-Drouin
Galchenyuk-Danault-Radulov
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Shaw
Hudon-McCarron-Byron
Mitchell

I'm not sure we would have alot left to sign Markov but maybe he could take a discount...

Old
06-16-2017, 06:33 PM
WG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs100 View Post
If we're really so desperate to get rid of Plekanec and we'really desperate for centermen, why would any other team want him? Perhaps to use him at the trade deadline, but I'm not convinced he fetches a 1st or even 2nd. Gaustad and Hanzal were mistakes. Vermette had much higher production than Pleks will have. Have you watched Plekanec recently? He does nothing offensively 5 on 5. I would not give up a 2nd for him at the deadline. No way. Would you?
You may consider trading a 1st for Gaustad or these other guys as a mistake. Fine. Teams will make similar mistakes next TDL, too. With parity in the league and the wild card slots, you end up with a seller's market since you have plenty of teams still with a chance at POs and few teams clearly out of it and selling.

I have no problem believing that even if Plekanec is as bad next year, he'll be movable for a decent pick or prospect on an expiring contract. If he bounces back even a little, for sure you get a 2nd or even a 1st. Hanzal is a career 0.5 PPG player who scored 26 in 51 games when Minnesota acquired him and they paid heavily because there weren't many sellers.

We paid a 4th, could have been a conditional 3rd, for King last TDL and he was beyond useless. Nobody likes the prices at the deadline but teams still pay.

I would not be surprised if Plek is taken by Vegas because the value of trading him at the deadline will exceed the value of marginal players like Benn or JDLR.

Old
06-16-2017, 06:54 PM
Belial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Trade Gallagher + Beaulieu for Stepan
Sign Radulov 6M for 3-4 years

Pacioretty-Stepan-Drouin
Galchenyuk-Danault-Radulov
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Shaw
Hudon-McCarron-Byron
Mitchell

I'm not sure we would have alot left to sign Markov but maybe he could take a discount...
Rangers are searching for a top pair D in exchange of Stepan...

Old
06-17-2017, 01:01 AM
rockjngo

Stepan to me looks like a bad contract. 6.5 mil for the next 5 years with NTC.

Old
06-17-2017, 07:15 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Stepan to me looks like a bad contract. 6.5 mil for the next 5 years with NTC.
Yeah, wouldn't touch that.

Old
06-17-2017, 08:49 AM
angry pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Pacioretty - XXXXX - Radulov
Drouin - XXXXX - Galchenyuk
Lehkonen - XXXXX - Gallagher
Byron - XXXXX - Shaw
I know I'll be the minority, but I'd be inclined to see how this team could do with solid 40 pt two way, high faceoff %, centers down the middle. Let our wingers create the offense and have centers that frequently give possession and can bail them out defensively.

Hanzal, Danault, I think Devin Shore in Dallas could be an interesting target in a Beaulieu trade.

Pacioretty - Hanzal - Radulov
Drouin - Danault - Galchenyuk
Lehkonen - Shore - Gallagher
Byron - Mitchell - Shaw

That's a lineup that would be hard to shut down I think. We aren't going to drive offence from the middle of the ice, but we are going to take a lot of possession off of faceoffs and be very responsible down the middle. Not a traditional lineup, but I wouldn't write it off.

MB should still be trying to add legitimate 1C type centers. But if he can't, I think we can still compete given the talent we have on the wings. Could be MB's ultimate plan given the lack of quality centers UFA this year.

Old
06-17-2017, 11:37 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
Seriously I don't know why this guy is not a center... He plays like a center that doesn't take FO's.
His playmaking and passing ability is definitely center like, he also backchecks very hard but I'm scared he'd get too tired if we give him even more defensive responsibility. He's a talented grinder, that will dig those puck out of the boards. I rather see him on the wing to be honest.

Old
06-17-2017, 11:46 AM
Lucky Luke

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Radulov (if he signs)
Pacioretty-Danault-Gallagher
Byron-Plekanec-Shaw
Lekhonen-Hudon-McCarron

Markov-Weber
Beaulieu-Petry
Emelin-Benn (if neither gets picked by Vegas)

Price
Montoya

Old
06-17-2017, 11:54 AM
blarneylad

vCash: 584
Up front as it stands (resign Radulov):

Pacioretty - Danualt - Radulov
Drouin - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

That is the best top six this team would ice in decades.

Why do we need to trade a 30 goal scorer who could become a center for a defense?

What is the obsession with defense? This team can keep the puck out of the net thanks to the best goalie and a slightly above average d-corps.

Why year after year does this team sacrifice the top six and use guys like Weise, Desharnais, Darche, Byron, Begin etc etc.

Who remembers Markov making everybody he played with look better? Can Weber not do that with a non-top pairing guy? Why trade Galchenyuk for a dman, can't we sacrifice that position for once to prioritize some scoring to help Price out?

IMO you trade one of Galchenyuk or Pacioretty for a center. Or just keep them.

Closed Thread