HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lineup 2017-2018

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2017, 12:07 PM
  #51
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
BE HUMBLE
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country:
Posts: 71,899
vCash: 656
Danault has no business being in the top-six next season.

M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 12:10 PM
  #52
crazyd
Canada is hockey
 
crazyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
I know I'll be the minority, but I'd be inclined to see how this team could do with solid 40 pt two way, high faceoff %, centers down the middle. Let our wingers create the offense and have centers that frequently give possession and can bail them out defensively.

Hanzal, Danault, I think Devin Shore in Dallas could be an interesting target in a Beaulieu trade.

Pacioretty - Hanzal - Radulov
Drouin - Danault - Galchenyuk
Lehkonen - Shore - Gallagher
Byron - Mitchell - Shaw

That's a lineup that would be hard to shut down I think. We aren't going to drive offence from the middle of the ice, but we are going to take a lot of possession off of faceoffs and be very responsible down the middle. Not a traditional lineup, but I wouldn't write it off.

MB should still be trying to add legitimate 1C type centers. But if he can't, I think we can still compete given the talent we have on the wings. Could be MB's ultimate plan given the lack of quality centers UFA this year.
Thank you! Very insightful of you to deal with our roster problem is such a manner.

crazyd is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 12:11 PM
  #53
crazyd
Canada is hockey
 
crazyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,439
vCash: 500
Kinda surprised nobody sketched in a line of:
Hudon - Danault - Drouin

crazyd is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 12:14 PM
  #54
habsterr
Registered User
 
habsterr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyd View Post
Kinda surprised nobody sketched in a line of:
Hudon - Danault - Drouin
RDS hasn't though of that, just yet.

habsterr is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 12:15 PM
  #55
blarneylad
Registered User
 
blarneylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.G. 31 View Post
Danault has no business being in the top-six next season.
Don't want to burst your bubble. But no way Bergevin can pull off two centers

One way or another he is centering top 6. Who is available at what cost? UFA? I'd rather keep Danault over Hanzal. Thornton is staying in San Jose. No way he comes up to Montreal.

blarneylad is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 12:16 PM
  #56
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
BE HUMBLE
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country:
Posts: 71,899
vCash: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneylad View Post
Don't want to burst your bubble. But no way Bergevin can pull off two centers

One way or another he is centering top 6. Who is available at what cost? UFA? I'd rather keep Danault over Hanzal. Thornton is staying in San Jose. No way he comes up to Montreal.
I'd rather try Drouin at center, even if we keep Chucky and don't have them on the same line.

Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Drouin-Gallagher/Hudon/FA

In an ideal world Danault is our 3C who slots into the 2C role in case of injuries.

__________________
M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 12:20 PM
  #57
blarneylad
Registered User
 
blarneylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.G. 31 View Post
I'd rather try Drouin at center, even if we keep Chucky and don't have them on the same line.

Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Drouin-Gallagher/Hudon/FA

In an ideal world Danault is our 3C who slots into the 2C role in case of injuries.
I don't disagree with you that Danault is ideal as a 3rd line center. To me it is just near impossible to add one let alone 2 of them to bump him

But in all honesty I think Drouin is a winger. Trying to convert him to center won't work imo.

Hard to guesswork right now until the next piece falls. Galchenyuk for Brodin straight up doesn't happen imo, there will be other pieces there as Minny already has a problem with protecting forwards adding Chuck doesn't help.

blarneylad is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 12:28 PM
  #58
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
27 Drouin - 94 Galchenyuk - 11 Gallagher

67 Pacorietty - 24 Danault - 47 Radulov

62 Lehkonen - 14 Plekanec - 41 Byron

15 Hudon - 17 Mitchell - 65 Shaw

Mccarron - Martensen

rockjngo is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 12:29 PM
  #59
Respeck
Drouin
 
Respeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,480
vCash: 500
Drouin - Duchene/RNH - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Byron/Hudon - Danault - Shaw
De la Rose/Byron - McCarron - Mitchell

Markov - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Jerabek/Davidson - Benn

- Re-sign Rads and Markov
- Trade Pacioretty for a C, Duchene or RNH would work for me
- Give LV a 2nd to take Plekanec
- Trade Beaulieu, i wouldn't mind him as a 3rd pairing guy but he'll probably get a significant raise from last year and it is too much for the third pair

Obviously I'd like to upgrade our D, but with Price in net if we get more offensive fire power it'll make up for our D since we have the best goalie in the world.


This lineup would give Galchenyuk less pressure to produce, also gives us a solid third line that can chip in with offence.

Respeck is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 03:05 PM
  #60
ottawa
Avatar of the Year*
 
ottawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orleans
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,816
vCash: 50
Danault will only get better, he's still young. Who's to say he won't be slightly better as our #2C next year? I mean ideally we get someone else and better, but we've gotta work with what we have, and that's not much.

__________________
Your sarcasm isn't funny, it's cringe worthy.
http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/SpiderManNL/24cups.gif
ottawa is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 03:07 PM
  #61
KawaYui
Registered User
 
KawaYui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,292
vCash: 500
We could do this

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher
Byron - Danault - Shaw

or

Pacioretty - Danault - Radulov
Galchenyuk/Drouin - Galchenyuk/Drouin - Lehkonen
Shaw - Plekanec- Gallagher

KawaYui is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 03:11 PM
  #62
lou4gehrig
Sergachev 2nd best?
 
lou4gehrig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
27 Drouin - 94 Galchenyuk - 11 Gallagher
67 Pacorietty - 24 Danault - 47 Radulov
62 Lehkonen - 14 Plekanec - 41 Byron
15 Hudon - 17 Mitchell - 65 Shaw
Mccarron - Martensen

Not bad. If we can dump Plek, that would help alot.

lou4gehrig is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 05:47 PM
  #63
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
BE HUMBLE
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country:
Posts: 71,899
vCash: 656
Our team atm --

Drouin - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - McCarron
Hudon, Martinsen

Markov - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Benn - Davidson
Jerabek

Uh

M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 05:48 PM
  #64
Be a Hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
If we don't make any changes leave the team as is.

Pacioretty Danault Radulov
Drouin Shaw Galchenyuk
Lehkonen Plekanec Gallagher
Byron MaCcarron Mitchell

Could we make it throw the year with those C if are wingers or really good?

Probably not...

Be a Hab is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 05:51 PM
  #65
Thebesthockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Markov - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Benn - Davidson
Jerabek


????



just horrible

price should want out

Thebesthockey is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 06:12 PM
  #66
ForeverTherrien
grindingforeternity
 
ForeverTherrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,102
vCash: 456
Drouin Desharnais Radulov
Pacioretty Dandenault Gallagher
Lehkonen Anisimov Shawzee
Byron DLR McCarron
Martinsen

Hjalmarssson Weber
Markov Petry
Emelin Benn
Davidson

ForeverTherrien is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 06:58 PM
  #67
No More Subban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: North Korea
Posts: 11,014
vCash: 500
If the team can manage to have Byron-Danault-Mitchell as our 4th line, that would be really cool.

Drouin - Chuckie/??? - Radulov
Pacioretty - Chuckie/??? - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Shaw - Scherbak/???
Byron - Danault - Mitchell

??? - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Benn

No More Subban is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 07:01 PM
  #68
HTTP 400
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,183
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be a Hab View Post
If we don't make any changes leave the team as is.

Pacioretty Danault Radulov
Drouin Shaw Galchenyuk
Lehkonen Plekanec Gallagher
Byron MaCcarron Mitchell

Could we make it throw the year with those C if are wingers or really good?

Probably not...
Habs finished 7th in the NHL and 15th in goals with a worst roster and a coach who lost his locker room after 20 games. They'll be more than fine next season.

HTTP 400 is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 07:05 PM
  #69
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,321
vCash: 500
I truly can't understand how we can make predictions at this point.

We all know that this team will either lose Hudon, Plekanec or Shaw.

We don't know if Galchenyuk will be back or traded for a centerman or a defensman.

We don't know if Radulov will be back too.

All we know, is that after signing the RFAs, this team will be lacking:
- one LD man (before Jerabek takes this spot at some point);
- one top centerman.

My expectation is that Galchenyuk and Drouin will be given a shot at centering the top line this season, and that Radulov will be back. If both Drouin and Galchenyuk can learn to play as centermen, we solve the problem until Galchenyuk's contract comes to an end.

Kafka is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 07:07 PM
  #70
RRS
Registered User
 
RRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 4,380
vCash: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.G. 31 View Post
Danault has no business being in the top-six next season.
I completely agree. There has to be at least one guy who's a bonafide top 6 C in front of him.

RRS is online now  
Old
06-17-2017, 07:08 PM
  #71
Zorba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DELTA BC
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.G. 31 View Post
Our team atm --

Drouin - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - McCarron
Hudon, Martinsen

Markov - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Benn - Davidson
Jerabek

Uh
Again how is Galchenyuk all of a sudden our 1 C ? Is it. By default? Bergevin would have to completed backtrack on what he said at the end of April when he said his short term future is on the wing.
Galchenyuk, Danault and Pleks is just as bad as last year
Also , Paul Byron is no longer a 4 th liner and radulov ATM is not a hab. If we re-sign him
I'd go with

Pacioretty-Danault-radulov
Drouin-xxx- Galchenyuk
Lehkonen-shaw-Gallagher
Martinsenn-Mitchell-McCarron
Hudon
This means Pleks has to be gone and a centre has to be acquired. Deeply doubt either happens. Pleks will probably centre the 2nd line

Zorba is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 07:21 PM
  #72
G0bias
Registered User
 
G0bias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTP 400 View Post
Habs finished 7th in the NHL and 15th in goals with a worst roster and a coach who lost his locker room after 20 games. They'll be more than fine next season.
If the goal is to just make the playoffs again. And get bounced in the first round. Then sure.

Geriatric Markov could fall off a cliff anyday and we're left with: old man Weber, Petry and ...?
Bergevin has to find a way to get a PMD without giving up Galchenyuk or we are looking at a repeat.

G0bias is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 07:25 PM
  #73
Belial
Registered User
 
Belial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,559
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebesthockey View Post
Markov - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Benn - Davidson
Jerabek


????



just horrible

price should want out
We have exactly the same D core as last year minus Beaulieu ffs!

It's like Nate the Great was our #1 D or something...

Belial is online now  
Old
06-17-2017, 07:39 PM
  #74
CanadiensforLife
Registered User
 
CanadiensforLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Respeck View Post
Drouin - Duchene/RNH - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Byron/Hudon - Danault - Shaw
De la Rose/Byron - McCarron - Mitchell

Markov - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Jerabek/Davidson - Benn

- Re-sign Rads and Markov
- Trade Pacioretty for a C, Duchene or RNH would work for me
- Give LV a 2nd to take Plekanec
- Trade Beaulieu, i wouldn't mind him as a 3rd pairing guy but he'll probably get a significant raise from last year and it is too much for the third pair

Obviously I'd like to upgrade our D, but with Price in net if we get more offensive fire power it'll make up for our D since we have the best goalie in the world.


This lineup would give Galchenyuk less pressure to produce, also gives us a solid third line that can chip in with offence.
If Duchene is centering the first line, Chuckie is not a Hab anymore. If RNH is, then he probably still is. I don't believe Sakic takes Patches as the main piece for Duchene.

CanadiensforLife is offline  
Old
06-17-2017, 08:11 PM
  #75
HTTP 400
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,183
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0bias View Post
If the goal is to just make the playoffs again. And get bounced in the first round. Then sure.

Geriatric Markov could fall off a cliff anyday and we're left with: old man Weber, Petry and ...?
Bergevin has to find a way to get a PMD without giving up Galchenyuk or we are looking at a repeat.
I was responding to a poster wondering if this team could go through the season. But yeah I agree, improvements are needed to consider the Habs contenders. But these can happen during the season.

HTTP 400 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.