HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lineup 2017-2018

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2017, 01:27 PM
Captain97

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaP View Post
Also Martinsen over Hudon is unless Hudon is picked by LV.
Hudon is not suited for the 4th line, and we are super deep on both wings

Old
06-18-2017, 01:27 PM
RRS

vCash: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaP View Post
Also Martinsen over Hudon is unless Hudon is picked by LV.
It's not Martinsen above Hudon, it's Lehkonen and Byron.

Old
06-18-2017, 01:28 PM
Captain97

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRS View Post
It's not Martinsen above Hudon, it's Lehkonen and Byron.
Exactly

Old
06-18-2017, 01:29 PM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

vCash: 50
No we are not okay, you still have a playoff ghost on the top line.

Old
06-18-2017, 01:35 PM
Captain97

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
If this isn't sarcasm I'm ignoring what this guy's says for basically forever.

Old
06-18-2017, 01:37 PM
Christo182
Here to stay

What if both Radulov and Chucky don't come back !? I know Galchenyuk might fetch us something nice but..

Old
06-18-2017, 01:41 PM
NobleSix
Max Patio-Ready

vCash: 416
Talent is there, but we need a top 6 center and then we're taking.

Old
06-18-2017, 01:43 PM
monkza

If galchenyuk finally can get to play C
we need 1 more center
Danault on the third line where he belongs

Old
06-18-2017, 01:45 PM
LaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain97 View Post
Hudon is not suited for the 4th line, and we are super deep on both wings
Did you watch hokey lately? Hudon is the very prototype of the new 4th line player. It's not the 90ies anymore. Would be nice if Hudon would be bigger but guys like Martinsen are not NHLer anymore not on a contending team.

Hudon has nothing to learn from the AHL anymore. If he's not claimed and we ice Martinsen instead it means our management has no clue about what the NHL is today.

Old
06-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
And ghost number 2, Galchenyuk on the second line...

Old
06-18-2017, 01:52 PM
kalessin

Quote:
If this isn't sarcasm I'm ignoring what this guy's says for basically forever.
I find a good rule of thumb is to ignore people from Martinique.

Old
06-18-2017, 02:10 PM
Fozz

June 18th

Old
06-18-2017, 02:38 PM
Belial

I think there's zero chance we don't make additional moves.

Also, Drouin will definitely get a look at center, training camp + preseason games.

They will try the Pacioretty+Drouin combo to see what it could bring.

Old
06-18-2017, 02:42 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

vCash: 725
Trying Drouin at C is going with another Galchenyuk experiment. So why would you do that? I thought we could use him there but after hearing his ex-coaches, clearly we can,t. So don't try another Galchenyuk experiment. How about you put a guy you just got in a position to succeed. Please.

Old
06-18-2017, 02:42 PM
FazChenyuk

A guy like duchene would make it complete

pac-duchene-radulov, we can't have a better line then this. Size, speed, skills. Faceoff man.
Lehkonen-Drouin-Galchenyuk ( drouin sets up 2 snipers. Galchenyuk scores from right side mostly)

Very young top 6 with radulov being the older dude. Drouin and galchenyuk would be a good duo with drouin being very fast and setting up both. Galchenyuk could switch with pac times to times. Drouin would need to be our 2nd line center.

Old
06-18-2017, 02:53 PM
habsterr

If CJ would make his line up as of today...Hopefully Radulov get a long term contact because this line up look's terrible at center.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Drouin-Danault-Galchenyuk
Lehkonen-Shaw-Byron
Martinsen-Hudon-Mccarron
Mitchell Carr

Old
06-18-2017, 02:55 PM
KawaYui

Replace Martinsen with Hudon, and its good

Old
06-18-2017, 02:56 PM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Trying Drouin at C is going with another Galchenyuk experiment. So why would you do that? I thought we could use him there but after hearing his ex-coaches, clearly we can,t. So don't try another Galchenyuk experiment. How about you put a guy you just got in a position to succeed. Please.
Players evolve, they can get better and learn new things. What happened in junior is only that, what happened in junior.

Drouin is an elite playmaker with a high hockey IQ.

Galchenyuk just seems to not understand what the **** he's supposed to do on the ice when he doesn't have the puck...

Drouin apparently is not a defensive juggernaut either but I have a feeling he could actually put it together comparatively to Chucky. I think he's a smarter player.

I don't see the problem in trying him at center. If he struggles, move him at wing and that's it.

Old
06-18-2017, 03:11 PM
Captain97

I have read drouin played centre in junior at one point.
So how about
Patches-Danault-Radulov (this line works, not idealbut eh
Lehkonen-Drouin-Chucky
Shaw-bonino-gallagher
Byron-mitchel-bigmac

Old
06-18-2017, 03:13 PM
The Optimistic One
**** Bergevin

I have a good feeling now that Julien has the entire summer to plan things out, we'll come out a much better, balanced, and stronger team for next season.

If the (gossip) reports of Galchenyuk for Leddy + Beauvillier are true, then dayummmm we in business! Otherwise, I'd still love to try Galchenyuk out on C. He showed great promise last season (until his injury), I don't think we should throw the chance away just yet.

Old
06-18-2017, 03:14 PM
Habs100

Quote:
If Julien plays chucky at centre, are we happy with this forward core. I belI've Julien said he sees chucky as a centre he just needs time.

Patches-Danault-Radulov
Drouin-Chucky-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Shaw-Byron
Martinsen-Mitchel-Mccarron

It's very likely danault puts up 50pts next year as he had 40 this year in his first full season. that second line will do damage and the third will cause havoc.

Yes, I am. We were 1 playmaking top six forward away imo, and we got him. Timmins will draft another stud dman shortly. He's been churning them out.

I would go with:

Patches - Danault - Drouin
Byron - Chucky - Radulov
Lehkonen - Shaw - Gallagher
Hudon-Mitchel-Mccarron

But I'd rather not only trade Plekanec but also Gallagher and Shaw and get a second line center, like Stepan or Staal.

If Vegas takes Staal or Dumba I would love to trade our first for either of them.

Old
06-18-2017, 03:16 PM
Toro

This team needs a #1 center and everyone with a brain knows this...except maybe the GM who thinks its impossible to get one..

He keeps trading away his best assets and still doesnt address the top center position...

If we start the season without addressing the top center position it will be a similar year to last year...good team in regular season but cant get it done in the playoffs when the reffing changes and the fodder gets left behind.

Been waiting for a top center since forever.

Dont get me wrong...I like weber and drouin a lot......but the center ice position is a bigger hole tofill and has been forever....Weber was a latteral move getting us older....Drouin gets us a winger but now there is another hole on defence for the future...All the while we have fewer pieces to move for a top center.

Trading subban cause of the stupid coach who should have never been hired in the 1st place then he trades away the only defenceman in our system that could have filled the offensive defenceman role in the future for a really good winger instead of a top center is just poor management.....unless he has a deal in the works for a top center but cant pull the trigger till later this summer(draft day or free agent day) he is a terrible GM that has been spinning our wheels and wasting away Price and traded our best player and fan favorite we developed in a long long time in Subban..(Price is a goalie not a player in this argument)..

I hope MB can get it done...cause he can make decent decisions here and there its just the big ones i dont like cause they have not yealded a top Center

Last edited by Toro: 06-18-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old
06-18-2017, 03:36 PM
S Bah

When one considers all the moves made over the "Bergevin Era", then one can truly grasp the futilities a GM faces, in trying to build an "Elite Franchise" in the Salary Cap Era. Any GM that jumps the gun in his race to succeed, falls into the trap of exceeding their salary cap restrictions, which eventually leaves them no choice but to relinquish star players for lesser players or draft picks. Bergevin has done all the footwork necessary to building the required depth needed, to have a stable strong group of players below the "Star Core Group". This whilst acquiring more top end 2nd & 3rd round picks and prospects necessary, when his team needs to make the final changes to put them over the "Top Hurdle" star power. This being the stage the Habs are at right now, as he predicted when becoming the GM in May 2012. Last season's acquisition of Shea Weber (truly one of Team Canada's great leaders along with Carey Price, Sidney Crosby, Drew Doughty), stabilizing the Habs defence with his leadership, giving the Habs defencemen group a model to follow, in reaching their maximum levels. Players that can't grasp these basics, have their own agenda's not the team first mentality, an agenda that's revered by all Team Canada players, therefore the success they enjoy in the Olympic's.(Other teams pale significantly, when playing against their system, predicated on the team first concept.)

The Habs acquiring 22yr. old Johnathan Drouin, now have arguably one of the Top Five most talented forwards in the world. So another hurdle in forming an "Elite Core Group" has been reached. This whilst retaining their #3 OV in 2012, Galchenyuk(C/LW) 23yrs. old, if Alex can become the center envisioned, the Habs core group will be great. With Radulov(RW), Gallagher(RW), Lehkonen(RW), then Pacioretty (LW), Drouin(LW). The Habs are deep in offence, while still having Danault & Plekanec as centers for the other lines, both capable of playing the two way centers for productive wingers.

Listening to reports from the media, you would think the Habs are a bunch of grinders incapable of offence. Nothing could be further from the truth, the Habs are a team built to follow a system, in which Carey Price (Team Canada's Goalie) is thriving. Each year Bergevin has added key personnel that are integrated into that system, always upgrading the team with players that will enable them to reach the desired goal, that of "Elite Stanley Cup Contenders". Character players that each bring their particular strength's to the overall picture, when one looks at all the elements in that picture, it appears very close to completion. The Habs already being in the Top 3rd of teams in the Stanley Cup competition, adding Johnathan Drouin may not be the final piece, but it has the promise of being a "Masterpiece". Especially when one considers Weber, Lehkonen, Shaw, Danault & Radulov were added last year, alongside Capt.Pacioretty, Markov, Gallagher, Plekanec, Price, outstanding veterans that can impart their passion, drive & leadership to the new arrival.

I'm certainly not saying Bergevin is finished his job, he's always looking to improve the team, whether that is by minor (Bottom Six) or major additions (Core Group), It certainly appears that Bergevin is putting the final strokes in his lineup, that will make the Habs a Stanley Cup Finalist, IMHO!!!...

Go Habs Go!!!...

Old
06-18-2017, 03:40 PM
jayhabs

Answer to the thread question : NO!
Not okay with that C depth.

Old
06-18-2017, 03:40 PM
Apoplectic Habs Fan

I like the Drouin trade but top 5 most talented forward in the world? I think his mother is posting here

Closed Thread