HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: Buying Rangers Tickets

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Sicilian

vCash: 500
OT: Buying Rangers Tickets

Hey guys!

I'm a rangers fan who's lived in massachusetts his whole life, so the only live experience i've had with the team has been at the boston garden / fleetcenter / td banknorth garden, for away games where i'm generally not welcomed with open arms. my girlfriend and i are thinking of taking a weekend trip to new york city in the fall, and i was thinking of trying to get tickets to a rangers home game, so i can actually cheer with the majority of the fans for once.

since i've never tried to do this, i was wondering if you guys had any tips or guidelines for getting tickets at msg? when do they go on sale? what games are impossible to get? how much do they typically run? etc...

any insight you folks have would be appreciated, it's about time i heard the rangers goal song in person!

Old
03-28-2006, 12:47 PM
broadwayblue

Tickets for individual games won't be on sale until September or so. If you buy them the morning they go on sale you should be able to get tix for just about any game (assuming it's not a jersey retirement game.) the hardest to come buy are usually for opening night. ticket prices excluding service fees run from around $27 to $140 each. check out the interactive seating chart at the official website:

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/tickets/order.asp

Old
03-28-2006, 01:11 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
You can also check here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=169425

03-28-2006, 03:19 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
check from mid august on and see when they go on sale. go on ticketmaster at that time and u should be able to get any game, besides a rarity such as... brian leetch night?

Old
03-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Fletch

Stubhub's not a bad way...

but it's a bit more expensive, but you never know.

Old
03-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Sicilian

great! thank you! i will keep this all in mind.

i'm really looking forward to it! thanks again!

Old
03-28-2006, 08:28 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Have fun.

Old
03-28-2006, 08:44 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicilian
great! thank you! i will keep this all in mind.

i'm really looking forward to it! thanks again!
big up yourself

Old
03-28-2006, 10:29 PM
92hatchattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Tickets for individual games won't be on sale until September or so. If you buy them the morning they go on sale you should be able to get tix for just about any game (assuming it's not a jersey retirement game.) the hardest to come buy are usually for opening night. ticket prices excluding service fees run from around $27 to $140 each. check out the interactive seating chart at the official website:

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/tickets/order.asp
whats usualy a better game to go to, the opening night at msg of the pre-season, or the opening night of the regular season???

Old
03-28-2006, 11:23 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack
whats usualy a better game to go to, the opening night at msg of the pre-season, or the opening night of the regular season???
Opening night of the regular season by a mile! The only reason you go to a pre-season game is if you just can't wait for hockey any longer, or you want to get a look at some of the prospects. but don't waste your money buying pre-season tix from ticketmaster...you can get them for almost nothing from season ticket holders like myself who practically give them away.

Old
03-28-2006, 11:26 PM
92hatchattack

nice!!! think ill be able to snag opening day tickets from ticket master if i call the minute they go on sale???..... and is it still a great day even if the actual opener isnt at msg........ meanign is the first game thats at msg still kick ***.... haha.... these are important plans for the future for me ... lol

Old
03-29-2006, 08:38 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
nice!!! think ill be able to snag opening day tickets from ticket master if i call the minute they go on sale???..... and is it still a great day even if the actual opener isnt at msg........ meanign is the first game thats at msg still kick ***.... haha.... these are important plans for the future for me ... lol
Hatch dont get hung up on which games are better than the other. IMO I thought opening night vs MON was a bit "transient". Vs the Devils, Isles, and PHIL are much more entertaining.

Whatever game(s) you choose dont delay a second. The Ranger ticket will be a tougher ticket than a Yankee ticket next year if the NYR do *anything* in the playoffs. I would bet there will be 15k+ season ticket and mini plan holders for next season.

Old
03-29-2006, 08:55 AM
92hatchattack

damn, thats crazy ... well when the schedueal comes out for next year ill pick which games i want to attend, and then as soon as they go online i will click like hell!!!

is it better to call ticket master, or to buy at ticketmaster online??? do they go on sale at the same times?

Old
03-29-2006, 01:37 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
is it better to call ticket master, or to buy at ticketmaster online??? do they go on sale at the same times?

Type with your left hand and call with your right. Usually they go on sale at the same time.

Old
03-29-2006, 02:15 PM
broadwayblue

The best bet is to be waiting in line at the Garden box office while surfing the ticketmaster website with a wi-fi enabled laptop and at the same time dialing in on the phone to ticketmaster! That way you have all 3 options covered.

Old
03-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Salz

when are they gonna sell playoff tickets?

Old
03-29-2006, 02:52 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz
when are they gonna sell playoff tickets?
I think they have to announce the playoff schedule first.

Closed Thread