HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My recent analogy on remaining Habs games...

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2006, 01:31 PM
b00tsauce

vCash: 500
My recent analogy on remaining Habs games...

In short, there's NO REASON why you can't win the next games until we face Ottawa on April 6th. ABSOLUTELY NO REASON!

We're playing inferior teams until then, I see an easy 10 points being racked up for us and as long as Huet is used sparingly to get him prepared for the playoffs, then we should be good. Hell, I think with that confidence of winning the next 5-6 games, we can take Ottawa with a tough fight.

On to tonight - I can't stress how important this game is going to be. It's UNREAL. Im watching the stats non-stop.

Old
03-28-2006, 01:37 PM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00tsauce
In short, there's NO REASON why you can't win the next games until we face Ottawa on April 6th. ABSOLUTELY NO REASON!

We're playing inferior teams until then, I see an easy 10 points being racked up for us and as long as Huet is used sparingly to get him prepared for the playoffs, then we should be good. Hell, I think with that confidence of winning the next 5-6 games, we can take Ottawa with a tough fight.

On to tonight - I can't stress how important this game is going to be. It's UNREAL. Im watching the stats non-stop.
uh ... inferior teams ... have players like Ovechkin, Jokinen, Luongo etc ...

And inferior teams also have wins

Old
03-28-2006, 01:40 PM
larue*

I am pretty sure Gainey and Carbo have stressed that these teams would like to do nothing more than crush our hopes at a playoff berth. They will all be playing at their best. Lets just go into each game individually and we should be alright.

Old
03-28-2006, 01:41 PM
b00tsauce

Totally...They are, just like the Pens, spoilers. They KNOW they arent making the run, so why not mess with other teams' fun!?

Old
03-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Habs

Quote:

Glad you don't get paid for your analogy, because you would be broke.

Old
03-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Habsruleen

Yeah I'm still looking for the analogy in there. But yeah, let's win those games.

Old
04-03-2006, 11:43 AM
b00tsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Glad you don't get paid for your analogy, because you would be broke.
Id like to offer you a freshly squeezed bottle of SHUTTHE****UP juice.

Yes, people DO pay me and that's why I'm NOT broke. Before you make your mise-o-jeu picks, you damn BETTER come through me first because you see my prediction up there...? Well it pretty much happened.

Know your role next time.

Old
04-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:

Yes, people DO pay me and that's why I'm NOT broke. Before you make your mise-o-jeu picks, you damn BETTER come through me first because you see my prediction up there...? Well it pretty much happened.

Just so you don't look so stupid next time :

From Merriam-Webster :
Main Entry: anal·o·gy
Pronunciation: &-'na-l&-jE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -gies
1 : inference that if two or more things agree with one another in some respects they will prob. agree in others
2 a : resemblance in some particulars between things otherwise unlike : SIMILARITY b : comparison based on such resemblance

Old
04-03-2006, 11:55 AM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:

that reply was fairly aggressive for no reason.

you made no analogies whatsoever. hence why they pointed it out. and it's called sarcasm.

Old
04-03-2006, 12:23 PM
InGaineyWeTrust*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Just so you don't look so stupid next time :

From Merriam-Webster :
Main Entry: anal·o·gy
Pronunciation: &-'na-l&-jE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -gies
1 : inference that if two or more things agree with one another in some respects they will prob. agree in others
2 a : resemblance in some particulars between things otherwise unlike : SIMILARITY b : comparison based on such resemblance
i was just about to write this lol

Old
04-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Avant-Gardien

"This post" is to "analogy" as "pumpkin pie" is to "mode of transportation."

Old
04-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:

Sparing you from more cracks about your phantom analogy, with that logic, by the end of the year, Ottawa should have been 82-0, Same for Detroit, Carolina should be 78-0, and so forth.

Any given team can lose against any other, especially at this time of year when the bottom feeders are playing without any kind of pressure, with players trying to impress management for next year.

I'd venture to say the gap in winning potential between the 6th and 13th ranked teams in the East is not that great. Even the once all mighty Sabres are taking a dive right now (so is Carolina).

Regardless, you have the right to your opinion regarding those easy points, but please come up with better arguments than we play inferior teams.

Old
04-03-2006, 06:31 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:

Isn't that an analogy? Aw, that was close....

Old
04-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
In case b00tsauce is still confused...

I'm pretty sure the word you're looking for was "analysis," and not "analogy."

This is why people replied to you sharply/sarcastically.

Old
04-03-2006, 06:40 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Would Shutthe****up Juice be an analogy with Bootsauce as they're both in liquid form? Am I getting warmer?

Old
04-03-2006, 06:57 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:

Seriously dude...you've been a member here for 5 seconds and you're already talking smack...great way to start...kudos to you...Thats just my analogy

Old
04-03-2006, 07:14 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
Seriously dude...you've been a member here for 5 seconds and you're already talking smack...great way to start...kudos to you...Thats just my analogy

Boy, am I glad someone made an analogy in this thread.
How can you have a thread with analogy in the title and not have any analogies in the thread.
What is a thread without an analogy? Really what is it? What could you compare a thread without analogies to, and would that make it an analogy thus solving the problem in itself.

Old
04-03-2006, 07:23 PM
les3couleurs

This thread has to be the funniest I've ever seen on this board. Great comedy all around.

Old
04-03-2006, 07:24 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
Boy, am I glad someone made an analogy in this thread.
How can you have a thread with analogy in the title and not have any analogies in the thread.
What is a thread without an analogy? Really what is it? What could you compare a thread without analogies to, and would that make it an analogy thus solving the problem in itself.

The great minds of the internet truly unite in this one space for an analogilitical orgy of knowledge

Old
04-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Turbo

A young eager wolf joins a new pack of wolves. Wanting to impress his new pack-mates, he says he knows where a herd of delicious deer is located. Mouth watering, he takes the pack across the forest and proudly shows the deer he had uncovered. At this point various pack members begin snickering and heckling the young wolf. These jests get to the young wolf who then starts howling and growling back at the pack. Avoiding bites from the now very angry young wolf, one of the calmer pack members explained that these were no deer but farmer Bob's herd of cows. Turns out the young wolf always wanted to say "cow" but had simply misspoke and said "deer". The whole pack then had steak and there was much rejoicing.

EDIT: And how's this for post #1000?!!!

Old
04-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey

Closed Thread