HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Emelin interview (update)

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2006, 01:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Emelin interview (update)

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...33&anchor=Main

He discussed what happened, says he was speared in the groin (ouch) and when he got up all he saw was Valarmov coming at him with his hands up so he pushed him, says it wasn't even that hard.

Goes on to talk about some problems he and Valarmov had before that game.

Last edited by montreal: 03-28-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old
03-28-2006, 02:09 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Thanks for the article.
Emelin sounded pissed at the reporter.

Old
03-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
Thanks for the article.
Emelin sounded pissed at the reporter.
Lol, he sounded pissed at the Press, cuz they edited the video without the Spear. As he said, it wasn't attempt to injure but merely an act to defend himself.

Old
03-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Matrix

Just watched the video again, and I may be bias for sure, but if you look closely at Emelin's head, when he gets up, he never looks at Varlamov at all, always searching for the player that hit him in the groin like he said.

But while he's looking for the guy, you do see Varlmov coming fast and hands in the air like he could do something to Emelin. And it was so fast that Emelin had no chance of knowing it was Varlamov to settle the score for what happened in March.

So I buy Emelin's story, but again, he's playing for MY team.....

Old
03-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
Just watched the video again, and I may be bias for sure, but if you look closely at Emelin's head, when he gets up, he never looks at Varlamov at all, always searching for the player that hit him in the groin like he said.

But while he's looking for the guy, you do see Varlmov coming fast and hands in the air like he could do something to Emelin. And it was so fast that Emelin had no chance of knowing it was Varlamov to settle the score for what happened in March.

So I buy Emelin's story, but again, he's playing for MY team.....
I don't agree with that part of the story. Varlamov didn't have his fist up in a fighting gesture or anything. His hand wasn't closed or anything. Imo Emelin was looking for retaliation unlike he said in the interview, cuz even after Varlamov goes down he goes for whats his face.

Old
03-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
I don't agree with that part of the story. Varlamov didn't have his fist up in a fighting gesture or anything. His hand wasn't closed or anything. Imo Emelin was looking for retaliation unlike he said in the interview, cuz even after Varlamov goes down he goes for whats his face.
His retaliation was not against Varlamov 'cause if it was, well since the guy fell down, he would've stop there since his goal was accomplished. He couldn't care less about him and went to settle the score with the guy that speared him.

But he did get up quickly looking for the one that speared and saw at the last second a guy coming fast with, even though you don't agree his hands in the air (not saying in fight mode or anything but in the air anyway...) He reacted and that's all.

But if we should punish Emelin for ''attempt to injure'' is a spear attempt to injure as well.......

Old
03-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
But he did get up quickly looking for the one that speared and saw at the last second a guy coming fast with, even though you don't agree his hands in the air (not saying in fight mode or anything but in the air anyway...) He reacted and that's all.
I don't know but I don't believe that part of the story. The way he's explaining it is that he thought someone was coming to attack him after he just got up. That doesn't make ANY sens.

Old
03-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
I don't know but I don't believe that part of the story. The way he's explaining it is that he thought someone was coming to attack him after he just got up. That doesn't make ANY sens.
Yeah well Varlamov was skating pretty fast...but I'm on your side.

Old
03-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Snyke

Send a message via MSN to Snyke
I dunno what I'm doing wrong but everytime I try to open the link that is supposed to have the video it only has the audio. It always opens with my windows media player. Am I doing something wrong or what?

Old
03-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyke
I dunno what I'm doing wrong but everytime I try to open the link that is supposed to have the video it only has the audio. It always opens with my windows media player. Am I doing something wrong or what?
You probably need a codec.

edit:
Using gspot: The following codecs all claim to be capable of processing this format:

--> {XviD MPEG-4 Codec}
--> {DivX Decoder Filter}
--> {XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder}

Old
03-28-2006, 08:15 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Update taken from russianprospects,

"Criminal case against Alexei Emelin (Montreal Canadiens) called off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Magnitogorsk district attorney announced yesterday that the state was not planning to initiate a case against Lada defenseman Alexei Emelin (Montreal Canadiens). In an interview with Soviet Sport correspondent Kiril Belyakov, he stated the following:

The quarterfinals episode Emelin did violate the rules, but fortunately, Varlamov’s injury was not life threatening. So, there is no cause for a criminal investigation. Additionally, the recovering Varlamov has publicly forgiven Emelin.

Metallurg’s vice president Pavel Krashinnikov, who initated the request for a criminal investigation had the following to say to Soviet Sport:

I spoke on Sunday with Varlamov and after our conversation I called on the district attorney and withdrew the request. There is no need for all this attention and panic. Many people called me and asked me not to put pressure on this situation. Evgeny is already home and is feeling better. He asked that Emelin be left along and the career of the young defenseman would not be ruined by this. Especially, considering that he apologized, and Varlamov will not experience any long term effects because of the injury. Evgeny told me that this could have happened with any player."

Old
03-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
CLASS ACT Varlamov! Thank you!

Last edited by montreal: 04-04-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Old
04-04-2006, 10:30 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Another article about Emelin's hit, interesting read. First they say how team officials were saying he may never walk again, then it was just a major concussion, and now he's 100% or close to it since he is back on the ice just 10 days later.

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...36&anchor=Main

Old
04-04-2006, 12:34 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Another article about Emelin's hit, interesting read. First they say how team officials were saying he may never walk again, then it was just a major concussion, and now he's 100% or close to it since he is back on the ice just 10 days later.

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...36&anchor=Main

And I thought the french media was bad.
Glad everyone is allright.

Old
04-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
And I thought the french media was bad.
Glad everyone is allright.
Talk about blowing a situation up to get rid of one of your oppositions best d-men for the remainder of the series.

Old
04-04-2006, 01:27 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it
Talk about blowing a situation up to get rid of one of your oppositions best d-men for the remainder of the series.
seriously... this incident was blown out of proportions.

Old
04-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Slick Nick

could someone post a link to the video.. for some reason I couldn't open the file on my PC when it was released, I'll try to download it elsewhere ... Thanks

Old
04-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it

the best post here!!!!

Old
04-04-2006, 04:53 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick
could someone post a link to the video.. for some reason I couldn't open the file on my PC when it was released, I'll try to download it elsewhere ... Thanks
http://www.russianprospects.com/vide...mov-emelin.avi

Closed Thread