HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre-Game Destination vs. Bruins on Saturday

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Bruin_Ron

vCash: 500
Pre-Game Destination vs. Bruins on Saturday

Hey everyone... just wanted to invite you all to stop by 1221 Crescent St. Pub this Saturday afternoon prior to the Habs game.

Why? Well, 3 big reasons...

First off, James Murphy - Boston area sports journalist, radio show host (sometimes heard on the Team 990), and fellow poster on these boards - will be hosting his weekly Inside Hockey radio show, live from 4 to 6pm at the pub. I'll let my man Murph fill you in on who will be dropping in and what will be discussed on this week's show.

Second reason to stop by is the talk will be all hockey... and anything hockey-related!! We'll have a nice blend of Bruins and Habs fans so stop by and meet some new people and talk some hockey. The great folks at Inside Hockey always have great gifts and prizes to hand out to boot!! We'll also be making some post-game plans so everyone's invited to make a night out of it!

Finally, let's be honest here... beer at the Bell Centre is simply TOO expensive. Come by and enjoy 1221 Crescent St. Pub's drink specials before the game. This is Inside Hockey's third trip to Montreal and we always have a great time.

Stop by with your friends or simply join us and make new ones

** 1221 Crescent St. Pub is located at that very address. It's up the same outdoor staircase as Brutopia and is right across from Madhatters **

- Ron

Last edited by Bruin_Ron: 03-28-2006 at 06:43 PM.
Old
03-28-2006, 06:31 PM
znk

Cool. Will definetly think about it.
Thx for the info.

Old
03-28-2006, 06:33 PM
b00tsauce

I wish I was back in Montreal for these sessions. I miss my city.

Old
03-28-2006, 06:35 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Brutopia has the best beer in Montreal equalled only by Le Sergent Recruteur on st Laurent.
No real point to my post except that beer is good.

Old
03-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Bruin_Ron

Just got off the phone with James Murphy himself. He and Inside Hockey are putting together the list of guests for Saturday's show. While I'll let him confirm the list sometime around Thursday, I'll just mention that it will be a nice blend of Montreal and Boston local celebrities/sport journalists

Hope to see you there!!

- Ron

Old
03-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Bruin_Ron

Hey everyone... just wanted to make sure everyone got the chance to see this and get an idea who's thinking of joining us!

- Ron

Old
03-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Bruin_Ron

Here's the lineup (bold added for emphasis)-

The INSIDE HOCKEY show hits the road again this Saturday, April 1st, as we will be broadcasting live from Montreal at “1221 The Crescent St. Pub.” With the Bruins and Canadiens playing at 7 PM only three blocks away (at the Bell Centre), The INSIDE HOCKEY Show will be a great pre-game spot if you’re attending the game. But even if you won't be heading to the Bell Centre, you should still come by, because as always we’ll have a great line-up of guests and plenty of prizes, including a raffle for the “Bruins VIP Experience”.

The Bruins and the Boston Bruins Foundation have kindly donated this amazing package which includes four tickets to a Bruins home game next season, a chance to watch the morning skate from the bench, a ride on the Zamboni and much more! Raffle tickets will be $25 and all proceeds will go to the Boston Bruins foundation (http://www.bostonbruinsfoundation.com). We’re not fooling (though the show does air on April Fool’s Day)! This truly is any Bruins fan’s dream package!

We have a great guest list lined up for this week, with the central focus being on the Bruins-Habs rivalry. Louis Jean from Rogers Sportsnet and Pat Hickey from the Montreal Gazzette will join us to give the latest news on the Habs and why they may now be considered Stanley Cup contenders? Two words: Huet and speed.

New Bedford Standard Times Bruins beat writer Mick Colageo will also be there to discuss the Bruins, what needs to be done to get the organization back on track, and who will be the general manager in charge of that process.

Then we’ll change it up a bit and turn to the West, bringing on old friend Bob Zalabak from Sporting News Radio Chicago. The Western Conference is truly the “Wild, Wild, West” this season, and we’ll try to figure out who will make the post season and why. We’ll also chat about the possible return of Jose Theodore, now with the Colorado Avalanche.

Mike Wyman will bring us another edition of “The Golden Years”. This week, Mike focuses on former Canadiens goaltender, Lorne “Gump” Worsley.

And finally, former Bruins pugilist and host of “The Stock Exchange” on Team 990 in Montreal, P.J. Stock will call in to give his take on the Bruins, Canadiens and whatever happens to be on his mind!

So if whether you’re a Bruins fan up for the games, a Habs fan, or just a hockey fan “1221 The Crescent St. Pub”, is the place to be from 4-6 p.m. this Saturday! Come on by and GET INSIDE! If you can’t make it in person, remember you can listen to us on AM 1510 the Zone in Boston, http://www.1510thezone.com, and archived at http://www.insidehockey.com/radio if you miss the show Saturday. If you want to reach the show, you can either dial 1-866-337-9663 or e-mail us at radio@insidehockey.com.

All the best,

Murph, Kevin and Doug

Old
04-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Bruin_Ron

Just a final reminder for everyone who's looking for something to do before the game and didn't see this earlier.

- Ron

Old
04-01-2006, 12:36 PM
growne

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
Brutopia has the best beer in Montreal equalled only by Le Sergent Recruteur on st Laurent.
No real point to my post except that beer is good.
I have to disagree; while it's tasty every once in a while, they make all their beers way too sweet for them to be great (in my opinion). It's kinda like a Smirnoff Ice of beer.

Closed Thread