Old
06-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
Shot Blocker
We should be so lucky! I'd love to be able to end the Dano angst by keeping him.

Edit: Would that lead to some kind of elevating Stuart onto a pedestal?

Old
06-18-2017, 11:56 AM
SCP Guy

vCash: 50
If Vegas takes Dano Chevy earned his pay with regards to the x draft

Old
06-18-2017, 11:56 AM
DashingDane

vCash: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeeman View Post
It looks like there will be some interesting players available to Vegas. I'm not sure why the Islanders would protect Pelech over de Haan, anybody have any insight about that?
Nothing official but Islanders fans seem to think they have a deal in place with LV to not touch De Haan.

Old
06-18-2017, 12:01 PM
bumblebeeman

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDane View Post
Nothing official but Islanders fans seem to think they have a deal in place with LV to not touch De Haan.
When will we hear about side deals, not until they announce the team? That will be so interesting.

Old
06-18-2017, 12:02 PM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDane View Post
According to Dreger the deal is to lay off forwards. If it includes CDH then who is Vegas selecting.....Thomas Hickey?

Old
06-18-2017, 12:02 PM
HPsauce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Board Bard View Post
You know that how? Is there any evidence that Dano showed up out of shape or is it all just supposition Fuelled By Bias?
Dano was the first to drop out of the beep test. Copp lasted the longest.

Dano could hardly keep up with the play in drills, constantly buckled over gasping for breath, looked overweight.

Just stuff I had seen while watching the camp myself

Old
06-18-2017, 12:03 PM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post

Dano could hardly keep up with the play in drills, constantly buckled over gasping for breath, looked overweight.

I believe Scheifele beat him by 1 pylon. I'm not sure Dano was the worst but he was close.

Old
06-18-2017, 12:08 PM
Board Bard
Dane-O-Mite

Quote:

Well, that's not terrific. Maybe he takes fitness tips from Pavelec.

Old
06-18-2017, 12:08 PM
ruffus23

how many first rounders do you think vegas gets in 2017 and 2018? Assuming teams like Ottawa may give a first to stay away from Methot. Anaheim may dangle one as well.

i think they may have 5 firsts over the next 2 drafts.

Old
06-18-2017, 12:09 PM
DashingDane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
According to Dreger the deal is to lay off forwards. If it includes CDH then who is Vegas selecting.....Thomas Hickey?

Good question! All I know is that some fanbases are going to be disappointed and some are going to be ecstatic Also interested in hearing more about the Ducks situation with both Manson and Vatanen exposed.

Old
06-18-2017, 12:10 PM
Gnova
CowboysR^2

It seems a lot of others see something in Dano that I didn't.
I hope LV thinks the same and doesn't grab 39.

Old
06-18-2017, 12:10 PM
darkjet

Fun story. At original joes last year. There were a bunch of moose players at the table beside me (they were loud). They kept harping on one player, one player nobody got along with in the organisation, one player they all felt were blocking them from a shot with the big club.

Old
06-18-2017, 12:12 PM
Weezeric

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjet View Post
Fun story. At original joes last year. There were a bunch of moose players at the table beside me (they were loud). They kept harping on one player, one player nobody got along with in the organisation, one player they all felt were blocking them from a shot with the big club.
Probably nic ehlers....😜

Old
06-18-2017, 12:18 PM
ffh

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjet View Post
Reading alot if threads this year i would guess its thorburn.

Old
06-18-2017, 12:18 PM
drumzan
#NHLJets

Quote:

Sometimes there are people that just have the talent. They may appear lazy or disinterested, but when the live bullets start flying, their talent kicks in and nothing else matters.

Cam Wake is notorious for being lousy at practice. But come gametime, he's one of the best pass rushers in football. John Daly has probably never worked out a day in his life and is a very successful golfer. A buddy of mine in high school almost never studied and scored high 90's in every subject...not because he was lazy, but because he knew his capabilities. He's a doctor now.

My point...being the best or worst practice player isn't always the end-all-be-all.

Last edited by drumzan; 06-18-2017 at 01:19 PM..
Old
06-18-2017, 12:24 PM
SoCalJetsFan

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
If Vegas takes Dano Chevy earned his pay with regards to the x draft
Abso-freakin-lutely

Then he just needs to earn his pay for the rest of the summer by getting a .915-plus goalie and LHD starter.

Old
06-18-2017, 12:28 PM
Puckatron 3000
Glitchy Prototype

I'm very happy with how the Jets' protected list has played out.

TNSE scores one for "loyalty" here in getting Enstrom to waive. While loyalty sometimes seems a factor in TNSE's mistakes, it also buys a lot of goodwill. Only 2 guys in the entire NHL waived their NMC.

Now, onto raiding Vegas' expansion picks like a kid in a candy store. Or maybe a GM in a goalie store.

Old
06-18-2017, 12:39 PM
Puckatron 3000
Glitchy Prototype

Also, my sympathies to those angry/disappointed over losing Dano. While that's not my position on Dano, I think it's a reasonable position to take. I understand it sucks when a pet player is undervalued or traded by your favorite team.

Old
06-18-2017, 12:41 PM
DashingDane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckatron 3000 View Post
I'm very happy with how the Jets' protected list has played out.

TNSE scores one for "loyalty" here in getting Enstrom to waive. While loyalty sometimes seems a factor in TNSE's mistakes, it also buys a lot of goodwill. Only 2 guys in the entire NHL waived their NMC.

Now, onto raiding Vegas' expansion picks like a kid in a candy store. Or maybe a GM in a goalie store.
That's the big question though. Does Chevy see the expansion as an opportunity wheel and deal to push the Jets to the next level or does he just try to stand pat and loose as little as possible?

Old
06-18-2017, 12:47 PM
OutsideLookingIn

Quote:
Great choice to expose Dano over Copp.

A lot of people believe Dano is going to be the real deal...? Not sure how that's even remotely a possibility. His dedication to his physical fitness is lack luster, came to camp last season really out of shape.

Copp on the other hand, gained muscle mass and explosiveness, his skating was vastly improved. Copp will likely come to camp bigger, stronger and faster this season too. He'll be a guy who can move up and down the line up, play C and wing, pp and pk. And, improve.

Dano is a good player, but he'll never play higher than a 3rd line role due to his lack of dedication to the game and himself
Copp can't be committed to physical fitness or getting bigger, faster and stronger, because he doesn't train with Roberts.

Could it mean that there are other ways to train as a hockey player that doesn't include Roberts?

Old
06-18-2017, 12:49 PM
Jetsetter

I feel for the NYI fans. They're going crazy without truly knowing what's just happened. Most likely a side deal with VGK's but there's no clarity! Many of the comments on the NYI HF site is somewhat funny!

Old
06-18-2017, 12:49 PM
Shazzam

It's no coincidence that Enstrom is one of only two players that have waived their NMC for the XD.
Way to go Chevy and Toby.

Old
06-18-2017, 12:52 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
Why would they protect Copp over Dano?! I'd even take Dano over Lowry
Looks like either Dano or Enstrom are gone, either of which I would not be happy about.

In other news, how is Neal exposed?? I guess maybe they don't think he's part of the future, but he's still a great player.
Can you see Dano on this graph? Does he look like a bona fide top-6 forward?

Old
06-18-2017, 12:54 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Great choice to expose Dano over Copp.

A lot of people believe Dano is going to be the real deal...? Not sure how that's even remotely a possibility. His dedication to his physical fitness is lack luster, came to camp last season really out of shape.

Copp on the other hand, gained muscle mass and explosiveness, his skating was vastly improved. Copp will likely come to camp bigger, stronger and faster this season too. He'll be a guy who can move up and down the line up, play C and wing, pp and pk. And, improve.

Dano is a good player, but he'll never play higher than a 3rd line role due to his lack of dedication to the game and himself
I watched training camp last year and was really disappointed that Dano was so obviously out of condition.

Old
06-18-2017, 01:01 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I watched training camp last year and was really disappointed that Dano was so obviously out of condition.
I noticed that as well and stated as much at the time. I really don't have an issue with the org having standards with regards to level fitness.

Closed Thread