HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Not Fair!!!

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
Unfortunately, that's the breaks. And if you looked at both and compared them, one replay had the goalie inside his own net. The other didn't. And from every angle they showed, there was no definitive way to tell if the puck had entirely crossed the goal line.

So, I think they made the proper decision.

I always say that those types of breaks even out over the course of a season. And our's has been pretty special.
Why didn't the refs go over to the guy getting paid to see that very kind of play and ask him...."hey, mr. goal judge getting paid to see this very kinda play..did the puck cross the line, cause maybe it did since you put your goal light on."

Old
03-30-2006, 01:54 AM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Why didn't the refs go over to the guy getting paid to see that very kind of play and ask him...."hey, mr. goal judge getting paid to see this very kinda play..did the puck cross the line, cause maybe it did since you put your goal light on."

It's a good question Balej. But I don't think the goal judges have much input in those decisions. There have been plenty of instances when they put the light on and then discussion occurs and they go upstairs. And let's not forget that the guys up in Toronto probably called up to to make sure they had it right.

Old
03-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
It's a good question Balej. But I don't think the goal judges have much input in those decisions. There have been plenty of instances when they put the light on and then discussion occurs and they go upstairs. And let's not forget that the guys up in Toronto probably called up to to make sure they had it right.
It would have just made me happy if they went over to the guy sitting in there and just asked him if he saw it. because the video replay showed NOTHING conclusive. So atleast go ask the guy with the best seat in the house. If he's not 100% sure, then fine, no goal.

Old
03-30-2006, 02:07 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Beliefs is a horrible word to use. If someone says something stupid I wouldnt say your beliefs are stupid, just that you said a stupid thing. Hey, i've said many stupid things on here, we'll all agree on that

But when you get emotional & you say stupid things in the gameday thread, its hard not to question it, especially something as crazy as Tyutin being benched(Osminator gave us that gem), and completely ignoring our defensive troubles and pinning it all on Weekes. Sometimes all thats needed is a smilie with a propeller.

Sorry if you're not a kid, but sometimes i have no idea in reading some of the crazy posts.

And yeah, 'Not Fair' is still a horrible thread title, IMO. Don't ya think it sounds a tad bit whiny considering we won the game as well?
Yep, sure was a crazy thing to say huh? So crazy, he actually was benched the next game.

Old
03-30-2006, 02:08 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Beliefs is a horrible word to use. If someone says something stupid I wouldnt say your beliefs are stupid, just that you said a stupid thing. Hey, i've said many stupid things on here, we'll all agree on that

But when you get emotional & you say stupid things in the gameday thread, its hard not to question it, especially something as crazy as Tyutin being benched(Osminator gave us that gem), and completely ignoring our defensive troubles and pinning it all on Weekes. Sometimes all thats needed is a smilie with a propeller.

Sorry if you're not a kid, but sometimes i have no idea in reading some of the crazy posts.

And yeah, 'Not Fair' is still a horrible thread title, IMO. Don't ya think it sounds a tad bit whiny considering we won the game as well?
Actually no we did not win the game he is refering to. We actually happened to lose the game against Tampa. Brad Richards in the shoot out and all.

Old
03-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Actually no we did not win the game he is refering to. We actually happened to lose the game against Tampa. Brad Richards in the shoot out and all.
Sticking up for your girlfriend,....cute

Old
03-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Sticking up for your girlfriend,....cute
Or stating a fact. However you and your spinning hat friend would like to look at it.

If you're gonna take so many cheap shots at people on this board, atleast be correct in your arguments.

Closed Thread