HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New jersey released

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2017, 04:46 AM
  #1
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 19,636
vCash: 50
New jersey released


Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 04:58 AM
  #2
Cullen Bohannon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,742
vCash: 500
That's pretty underwhelming, doesn't look much different than the current jerseys.

Cullen Bohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 05:01 AM
  #3
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 19,636
vCash: 50
No piping, mountain motif back on the bottom of the jersey, sleeves look way better etc. They are infinitely better than the current ones.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 05:36 AM
  #4
The Merchant
Whaddaya buyin'?
 
The Merchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: El Pueblo
Country: Spain
Posts: 3,039
vCash: 500
Unquestionably one of the best of the bunch

The Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 05:44 AM
  #5
Soedy
Registered User
 
Soedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullen Bohannon View Post
That's pretty underwhelming, doesn't look much different than the current jerseys.
Wait, what?

Soedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 05:54 AM
  #6
linusandvarlamov
GO AVS GO !
 
linusandvarlamov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Paris, France
Country: France
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 1470
When will the jersey be available online (on FansEdge for example) ?

linusandvarlamov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 07:52 AM
  #7
Foppa
Future Norris Winner
 
Foppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kansas City, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Any idea on how much an authentic AdiZero will run versus the Fanatics branded replicas? It's been a while since I got a new sweater - I wonder how much detailing will be different in the replicas?

Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 07:55 AM
  #8
LieutenantDangle
Mikko Kardashian
 
LieutenantDangle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: 'Merica
Posts: 2,246
vCash: 1556
sexy. can't wait to see the white one. might have to preorder my Liljegren jersey

LieutenantDangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 08:16 AM
  #9
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 47,890
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
Any idea on how much an authentic AdiZero will run versus the Fanatics branded replicas? It's been a while since I got a new sweater - I wonder how much detailing will be different in the replicas?
Like $265 vs $180 or something in that neighborhood. For $265 it's not really truly authentic but it's probably the best we'll get retail.

tigervixxxen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 09:01 AM
  #10
Hesher
Sagan for President
 
Hesher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: next door to hell
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,063
vCash: 50
They are beautiful.

Hesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 09:11 AM
  #11
AvsGuy
Flagrant Violater
 
AvsGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,380
vCash: 500
I never get the hype with jerseys. This looks like the last Avs jersey, which looked like the one before it, yada yada. The colour scheme and essential design has never changed, which is fine by me.

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 09:52 AM
  #12
Balthazar
Someone
 
Balthazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,117
vCash: 500
No piping is all that matters.

Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 10:14 AM
  #13
RumpleSnipeSkin
Bar Down
 
RumpleSnipeSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NY
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 50
That's an improvement... moving up from our position as bottom 3 jerseys in the NHL / maybe professional sports. Looks a bit more like the classical Avs jerseys, which I like

RumpleSnipeSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 10:14 AM
  #14
EdAVSfan
Registered User
 
EdAVSfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 500
Can someone explain to me which part is the "piping"

EdAVSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 10:22 AM
  #15
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 19,636
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdAVSfan View Post
Can someone explain to me which part is the "piping"
Lines which were located on each side of the jersey.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 10:23 AM
  #16
AvsGuy
Flagrant Violater
 
AvsGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,380
vCash: 500
I think its the little stripe that runs along the chest area and down. I have never had a problem with or without the piping, I don't get how it changes the aesthetic at all.





Like I guess I prefer the bottom one but they're so damn similar

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 10:27 AM
  #17
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 19,636
vCash: 50
With them the jersey looks like an apron, they serve no purpose whatsoever, they are just there to ruin the whole thing.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 10:31 AM
  #18
electricjib
Registered User
 
electricjib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,915
vCash: 500
Well they failed again. Looks like something from a 90's roller hockey team... And they still can't evolve from the black pants and helmet?

Forever in the 90's... staff included.

electricjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 10:33 AM
  #19
Foppa
Future Norris Winner
 
Foppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kansas City, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
I don't see how you can look at those photos side by side and not say there is a big difference (and improvement). The difference will be even greater on the ice where the uniprons looked even worse. No, it's not a rebranding of the franchise - but to my eyes anyways there is a huge difference.

Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 10:36 AM
  #20
madman
Deadmarsh Deli Dills
 
madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Steamboat Springs
Country: United States
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
I think its the little stripe that runs along the chest area and down. I have never had a problem with or without the piping, I don't get how it changes the aesthetic at all.





Like I guess I prefer the bottom one but they're so damn similar
Regarding the uniprons: having totally unnecessary piping (aka, the apron strings) cutting through an otherwise solid background of burgundy - that's one big no-no.

THEN to have the burgundy directly border the blue (dark directly on dark) is the other big no-no.

... these issues then exacerbate one another because the piping that is unnecessarily breaking up the burgundy could have been used as the simple border between the burgundy and the blue - having the piping sitting in no man's land should have never even been presented as an option. It's a bad aesthetic. That's a basic design error that was never addressed (until now).

I want to see more photos of the full jersey (with the new numbering and lettering) as well as the road before I make a full assessment, but my first impression is overall pretty favorable. Yes, it's a rehash of an old design - but that design at least worked, which you can't say about the Reebok Edge mess we've had for the last decade.

madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 10:41 AM
  #21
Foppa
Future Norris Winner
 
Foppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kansas City, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
Well they failed again. Looks like something from a 90's roller hockey team... And they still can't evolve from the black pants and helmet?

Forever in the 90's... staff included.
Why do people keep saying this? What does the design of the jerseys have to do with front office personnel? One thing is not the same as another. The thirds will be back as soon as next year, perhaps as they were or perhaps as a totally new look. The franchise had to reboot their jersey design along with every other team in the league and didn't want to stray from their design aesthetic roots. There's nothing about that this is related to any current mess with how our front office has been handling the franchise.

I mean, really, I get that a few people hate the mountain striping and want a more bland/boring design but the argument should really stop with design and graphics opinions. Those of us who like how the classic Avs look aren't trying to make a statement one way or another on our front office. It's not related.

Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 10:49 AM
  #22
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
WarriorOfGandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Country: Scotland
Posts: 17,648
vCash: 50
the piping was horrible. So was the direct transition from burgundy to blue. Provided the numbers don't look stupid, this is probably the best decision the franchise has made in 5 years.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 11:05 AM
  #23
ibengals
"Is Roy Squinting?"
 
ibengals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Am I the only one that thinks the colours are bit off? I'd like to see the blue a bit darker, looks kind of funny like that imo.

ibengals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 11:06 AM
  #24
ASmileyFace
Perfect Ding Dong
 
ASmileyFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The Big CO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,858
vCash: 50
I like it.

ASmileyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 11:09 AM
  #25
AvsGuy
Flagrant Violater
 
AvsGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
Regarding the uniprons: having totally unnecessary piping (aka, the apron strings) cutting through an otherwise solid background of burgundy - that's one big no-no.

THEN to have the burgundy directly border the blue (dark directly on dark) is the other big no-no.

... these issues then exacerbate one another because the piping that is unnecessarily breaking up the burgundy could have been used as the simple border between the burgundy and the blue - having the piping sitting in no man's land should have never even been presented as an option. It's a bad aesthetic. That's a basic design error that was never addressed (until now).

I want to see more photos of the full jersey (with the new numbering and lettering) as well as the road before I make a full assessment, but my first impression is overall pretty favorable. Yes, it's a rehash of an old design - but that design at least worked, which you can't say about the Reebok Edge mess we've had for the last decade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
With them the jersey looks like an apron, they serve no purpose whatsoever, they are just there to ruin the whole thing.
I guess I get the "apron" thing. My eyes don't really pick up on the smaller details though - dark colors without a border between, is that a generally accepted design rule that I'm unaware of? I think it looks fine.

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.