HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Who's Your 2C Target?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2017, 11:28 PM
  #51
klt2001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,143
vCash: 500
Are any of our draft picks or prospects looking to be top forward scorers? Wondering if we should just focus on developing them like we have our defenseman rather than trading them away for a top forward scorer that will benefit us short term but not long term.


Last edited by klt2001: 06-22-2017 at 11:34 PM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2017, 11:40 PM
  #52
TheJungleHunter
Registered User
 
TheJungleHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patagonia View Post
Duchene is the obvious choice.

He loves Nashville and Country Music. Hinted this would be his preferred destination and likely resigning after 2 seasons. Preds need a 1C or 2C, depending on the serious injuries to Fiala/Johansen until late 2017. You might have enough to get him without trading a Big 4 D (Avs want players under 25 and they're 27+).

Duchene

For

Fabbro (AVs superprospect Jost was a former Jr teammate)
Fiala
Kamenev
2018 - 1st Round

A lot to sacrifice within the division. Duchene dynamic skills, breath-taking speed and exceptional hand/eye coordination might be worth the risk. He could be an instant fan favorite like he is the most popular player for the AVs.
I think Fabbro + Kamanev + 2017 1st + 2018 1st would be the most we could do.

After losing Neal, there is no way we trade Fiala.

TheJungleHunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 12:14 AM
  #53
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 6,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJungleHunter View Post
I think Fabbro + Kamanev + 2017 1st + 2018 1st would be the most we could do.

After losing Neal, there is no way we trade Fiala.
too much. pass, no thanks

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 05:19 AM
  #54
Armourboy
Registered User
 
Armourboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Posts: 4,359
vCash: 500
No way in heck I would pay that. We didn't give that up for Joey, I sure as heck wouldn't for Duchene, I don't care how close we are.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 05:23 AM
  #55
jusu11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJungleHunter View Post
I think Fabbro + Kamanev + 2017 1st + 2018 1st would be the most we could do.

After losing Neal, there is no way we trade Fiala.
Fabbro + Trenin + 2017 1st + 2018 2nd

or

Fabbro + 2017 1st+ 2018 1st

If the Avs get Fabbro and draft Heiskanen their defense takes a massive step forward. I find it a fair value.

jusu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 05:55 AM
  #56
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 7,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
No way in heck I would pay that. We didn't give that up for Joey, I sure as heck wouldn't for Duchene, I don't care how close we are.
Hot take: we gave up more for Joey. The 2017 first is basically a second round pick. The 2018 first is a wild card. Kamenev and Fabbro are B level prospects will Jones was an A+ prospect.

I'd do that deal and not think twice about it, especially at how terrible we are at drafting in the first round and how low those draft picks will be.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 07:21 AM
  #57
Tex76
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusu11 View Post
Fabbro + Trenin + 2017 1st + 2018 2nd

or

Fabbro + 2017 1st+ 2018 1st

If the Avs get Fabbro and draft Heiskanen their defense takes a massive step forward. I find it a fair value.
If Poile can get Duchene for either of these packages, he may be in line for back-to-back GM Of The Year awards! It would be nice!

Somebody ought to try the offersheet on Draisatl, though. It may be against etiquette, but if Edmonton gets something more like Crosby/Malkin numbers than Kane/Toews numbers on those guys, their odds of becoming a mini-dynasty/obstacle to the rest of the teams in the West increase. It would be in most teams' interests to make things as tough as possible for them, and it's evident from Chicago's annual purges that two great big contracts can eventually help to put a drag on things.

Tex76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 07:52 AM
  #58
jumb0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex76 View Post
Somebody ought to try the offersheet on Draisatl, though.

Read a few articles about Draisatl's deal. Most seem to think it will be around $7 mil AAV.

So the question, would you offer him $8?

jumb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 08:03 AM
  #59
Lateralous
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Abington, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumb0 View Post
Read a few articles about Draisatl's deal. Most seem to think it will be around $7 mil AAV.

So the question, would you offer him $8?
In a second but I don't see any way the Oilers don't match. To even have a chance I think you would need to go above the 9,100,000, or whatever it is, threshold where the compensation is 4 1sts.

Lateralous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 08:14 AM
  #60
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 7,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumb0 View Post
Read a few articles about Draisatl's deal. Most seem to think it will be around $7 mil AAV.

So the question, would you offer him $8?
I'd easily go to 10M. Our window with Drai and Joey would be open for a long time as long as we can figure out the goal tending.

Forsberg Joey (7M) Arvidsson (3.75M)
Fiala Drai (10M) Smith
Wilson Jarnkrok Aberg (900k)
Salomaki Sissons Watson (1M)

Would leave us almost 900K in cap space including McLeod. Long term outlook looks pretty good too except for 2019-20 when Ellis comes off the books.

Poile won't do it, but it would be pretty cool to see. At least paint the Oilers into a corner. They are going to. Crome a force in the West of someone doesn't mess with them.

Is it a little crazy? Yes. Would it be awesome. Maybe.

I still hope we somehow land Duchene.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 08:21 AM
  #61
Drake744
Tennessweden
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 9,585
vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post
I'd easily go to 10M. Our window with Drai and Joey would be open for a long time as long as we can figure out the goal tending.

Forsberg Joey (7M) Arvidsson (3.75M)
Fiala Drai (10M) Smith
Wilson Jarnkrok Aberg (900k)
Salomaki Sissons Watson (1M)

Would leave us almost 900K in cap space including McLeod. Long term outlook looks pretty good too except for 2019-20 when Ellis comes off the books.

Poile won't do it, but it would be pretty cool to see. At least paint the Oilers into a corner. They are going to. Crome a force in the West of someone doesn't mess with them.

Is it a little crazy? Yes. Would it be awesome. Maybe.

I still hope we somehow land Duchene.
I was trying to think of whether or not I'd go $10m on him. I was in the $9 million range but I'd think Edmonton would match that. It would strain them a bit but they would. $10m would get really interesting. They either don't match or they do and they're in a bind quickly. We'd have to give up what though? 4 first rounders?

Side note, EDM currently has 16 million in cap space and looking to next summer they have 7 (!) RFAs. One of which, obviously McDavid who will get some absurd number probably in the 12-14 million range. I don't know how they're gonna handle this.


Last edited by Drake744: 06-23-2017 at 08:33 AM.
Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 08:35 AM
  #62
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 7,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I was trying to think of whether or not I'd go $10m on him. I was in the $9 million range but I'd think Edmonton would match that. It would strain them a bit but they would. $10m would get really interesting. They either don't match or they do and they're in a bind quickly. We'd have to give up what though? 4 first rounders?
Yes, 4 first rounders. In theory though, they would be late first rounders as we would be a playoff team for a long time. At least the very least it would help sabatoge a rival power in the West. We'd need to make sure Arvy and Joey are locked up first though... should retaliation come to mind.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 10:37 AM
  #63
Patagonia
Registered User
 
Patagonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Country: Canada
Posts: 747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJungleHunter View Post
I think Fabbro + Kamanev + 2017 1st + 2018 1st would be the most we could do.

After losing Neal, there is no way we trade Fiala.
This might be enough for the Avs to listen and expect Duchene will be traded today.

Patagonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 11:02 AM
  #64
TheJungleHunter
Registered User
 
TheJungleHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patagonia View Post
This might be enough for the Avs to listen and expect Duchene will be traded today.
I think that would be our best potential offer.

It's 4 pieces for 1 and is essentially 3 1st round picks plus a prospect.

We can't move Fiala because we lost Neal.

We won't move a Top 4 D, and plus they are older than the Avs are looking for right now.

I'm hoping this gets done today.

TheJungleHunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 11:10 AM
  #65
Drake744
Tennessweden
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 9,585
vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJungleHunter View Post
I think that would be our best potential offer.

It's 4 pieces for 1 and is essentially 3 1st round picks plus a prospect.

We can't move Fiala because we lost Neal.

We won't move a Top 4 D, and plus they are older than the Avs are looking for right now.

I'm hoping this gets done today.
I usually scoff at message board trade offers but I could see this happening. This year's 1st rounder, eh, whatever. Next year's draft is supposed to be really deep but even if we pick in the 20 and down range, we likely wouldn't draft anyone who ends up as good as Duchene with the pick anyway.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 11:15 AM
  #66
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,319
vCash: 500
I'd give up Fabbro (will be a good top 4 D but we are quite deep there with our prospects), Kamenev (kind of in limbo, not assured of a place in Nashville but will be a nice NHLer), this year's 1st (virtually a 2nd), and perhaps an additional pick next year (but not another 1st).

I can see this getting done today. Same division or not, this kind of deal would be mutually beneficial. Although Colorado might want Aberg, in which case I'd take out Kamenev and the additional pick.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 12:59 PM
  #67
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 7,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
I'd give up Fabbro (will be a good top 4 D but we are quite deep there with our prospects), Kamenev (kind of in limbo, not assured of a place in Nashville but will be a nice NHLer), this year's 1st (virtually a 2nd), and perhaps an additional pick next year (but not another 1st).

I can see this getting done today. Same division or not, this kind of deal would be mutually beneficial. Although Colorado might want Aberg, in which case I'd take out Kamenev and the additional pick.
I love how Fabbro is guaranteed to be a top 4. He isn't guaranteed to be anything at this point. He isn't even an A level prospect.

After seeing what Stepan and Raanta got, I'm not sure we have the pieces to get Duchene. I sort of doubt it.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 01:05 PM
  #68
Drake744
Tennessweden
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 9,585
vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post
I love how Fabbro is guaranteed to be a top 4. He isn't guaranteed to be anything at this point. He isn't even an A level prospect.

After seeing what Stepan and Raanta got, I'm not sure we have the pieces to get Duchene. I sort of doubt it.
It's all about what they think of him. Maybe they value him more than that.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 01:08 PM
  #69
Mortiest Morty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,519
vCash: 500
Stepan and Raanta combined got the 7th overall in a draft that's a bit weak at the top and a good defensive prospect with some big warts that was just recently traded by a team very much in need of defensive help (Tampa) for a 2nd round pick. Is that really a huge haul?

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 01:10 PM
  #70
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 7,498
vCash: 500
Garth Snow still covets Avalanche center Matt Duchene, however, and is believed to have an offer on the table that includes Hamonic, a prospect and possibly the Islanders’ 2018 first-round pick. Snow dealt away Friday night’s first-rounder, the 15th overall pick, to Vegas as part of an expansion-draft trade.

If they really offered that and Colorado didn't accept, I don't think we have enough ammo in the magazine to get a Duch deal done.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 01:11 PM
  #71
Mortiest Morty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,519
vCash: 500
That's already been posted a couple of hours ago in the other thread. Many pundits (including Staple himself AFTER he posted that) said that the Isles may not have the cap space for Duchene and Hamonic may only be moved for picks.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 09:01 PM
  #72
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 12,932
vCash: 500
I would've matched the price St. Louis paid for Schenn.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 09:22 PM
  #73
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,514
vCash: 500
I'm wondering if Poile could take his Duchene offer to Edmonton for RNH?

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 09:26 PM
  #74
Mortiest Morty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I would've matched the price St. Louis paid for Schenn.
He's not really a center though, he's spent waaaaay more time at wing in Philly. And I wouldn't have matched it myself regardless. Mediocre even strength numbers despite playing with Giroux, Simmons and Voracek all the time.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 09:39 PM
  #75
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,514
vCash: 500
I'm wondering if Poile could take his Duchene offer to Edmonton for RNH?

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.