HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who's Your 2C Target?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2017, 09:41 PM
  #76
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,493
vCash: 500
Per Dreger

Matt Duchene's agent, Pat Brisson had a quick chat with Joe Sakic at the end of 1st round and is now in discussion with David Poile...

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 06:44 AM
  #77
Vali Maki Sushi
Tuna Vali Maki Roll
 
Vali Maki Sushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Pingtung City
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
I'd give up Fabbro (will be a good top 4 D but we are quite deep there with our prospects), Kamenev (kind of in limbo, not assured of a place in Nashville but will be a nice NHLer), this year's 1st (virtually a 2nd), and perhaps an additional pick next year (but not another 1st).

I can see this getting done today. Same division or not, this kind of deal would be mutually beneficial. Although Colorado might want Aberg, in which case I'd take out Kamenev and the additional pick.
Colorado wants LHS.

Vali Maki Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 01:12 PM
  #78
TheJungleHunter
Registered User
 
TheJungleHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Since it seems Sakic is ruining the Duchene situation, do y'all think we look to Edmonton and a guy like Ryan Nugent-Hopkins?

I imagine with the Oilers having to resign Draisaitl and McDavid to huge contracts in the next two offseasons that hopefully means they are more amenable to making a deal over RNH.

TheJungleHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 01:21 PM
  #79
Mortiest Morty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJungleHunter View Post
Since it seems Sakic is ruining the Duchene situation, do y'all think we look to Edmonton and a guy like Ryan Nugent-Hopkins?

I imagine with the Oilers having to resign Draisaitl and McDavid to huge contracts in the next two offseasons that hopefully means they are more amenable to making a deal over RNH.
I'm not a big fan of Hopkins. If he wasn't a former number one overall, I doubt too many would be. He's better than what we have, but far from ideal. Just like Jarnkrok, I think he'd be a playoff ghost as well.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 01:32 PM
  #80
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Marleau or Duchene. Put either of them between Fiala and Aberg. Talk about speed.
These.

I think my love for Marleau is well documented. At least he wouldn't score on us every game (unless it's just ingrained habit and own team scored every game).

Maybe RNH too, not sure.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 03:43 PM
  #81
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,493
vCash: 500
Duchene, RNH, and Galchenyuk are all economically about the same level. Some have benefits, some faults but if one is cheaper than the other. hit it.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 03:57 PM
  #82
LeafChief
Registered Beauty
 
LeafChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 1000
Ok Preds fans. The draft has come and gone.

Lets work out a deal involving JVR and/or Bozak.

Thoughts?

LeafChief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 04:00 PM
  #83
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafChief View Post
Ok Preds fans. The draft has come and gone.

Lets work out a deal involving JVR and/or Bozak.

Thoughts?
What do you specifically need in your pipeline/Marlies/Leafs

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 04:00 PM
  #84
Flgatorguy87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Nasty
Posts: 1,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafChief View Post
Ok Preds fans. The draft has come and gone.

Lets work out a deal involving JVR and/or Bozak.

Thoughts?
Ok, Poile said our dman aren't moving. What do you have in mind?

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 04:03 PM
  #85
LeafChief
Registered Beauty
 
LeafChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
What do you specifically need in your pipeline/Marlies/Leafs
RHD prospects/almost ready?

Obviously not touching Subban/Josi/Ekholm/Ellis.

LeafChief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 04:14 PM
  #86
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafChief View Post
RHD prospects/almost ready?

Obviously not touching Subban/Josi/Ekholm/Ellis.
JVR 28 years old, one year left on the contract, 4.25 million, 29G, 33A

Bozak 31 years old one year left on the contract, 4.2 million, 18G. 37A

The problem is JVR is a LW and Nashville has those. FF9 + Fiala.

Can the Preds eat those contracts? Oh yeah, hell, Nashville is in a better cap position than Toronto. Arvidsson + Johansen should be a combined 12 million of 24.

If Fabbro were to be talked out of college you would have your player. Dougherty might be a better 'ready to go' fit. Want Colin Wilson? If not, would Toronto eat some of their contracts?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 04:51 PM
  #87
LeafChief
Registered Beauty
 
LeafChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
JVR 28 years old, one year left on the contract, 4.25 million, 29G, 33A

Bozak 31 years old one year left on the contract, 4.2 million, 18G. 37A

The problem is JVR is a LW and Nashville has those. FF9 + Fiala.

Can the Preds eat those contracts? Oh yeah, hell, Nashville is in a better cap position than Toronto. Arvidsson + Johansen should be a combined 12 million of 24.

If Fabbro were to be talked out of college you would have your player. Dougherty might be a better 'ready to go' fit. Want Colin Wilson? If not, would Toronto eat some of their contracts?
I wouldn't doubt that the Leafs would eat up to 50% on either if it increased what was coming back.

Fabbro is definitely a player I'd be interested in. Would be fine with leaving him in college for next year as well.

LeafChief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 05:53 PM
  #88
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafChief View Post
I wouldn't doubt that the Leafs would eat up to 50% on either if it increased what was coming back.

Fabbro is definitely a player I'd be interested in. Would be fine with leaving him in college for next year as well.
JVR + Bozak + RHD prospect for Fabbro and Wilson.

Depth chart becomes

JOFA
JVR-Bozak-Smith
Fiala-Hook-?

Tollerable?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 06:46 PM
  #89
LeafChief
Registered Beauty
 
LeafChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
JVR + Bozak + RHD prospect for Fabbro and Wilson.

Depth chart becomes

JOFA
JVR-Bozak-Smith
Fiala-Hook-?

Tollerable?
I'm not sure this would work. Here's what Leafs would be looking to get for these two.

Bozak: Two 2nd rounds picks
JVR: Late 1st and D prospect

Willing to retain 50% on either to make it work. Will take salary back if the + is worth it.

LeafChief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2017, 04:00 PM
  #90
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,493
vCash: 500
Add Hanzal to the wish list. Would cost 5 mil UFA, hurt the Wild, and would be good for the 2nd line.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2017, 04:05 PM
  #91
SauceMyBiscuit
Registered User
 
SauceMyBiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Add Hanzal to the wish list. Would cost 5 mil UFA, hurt the Wild, and would be good for the 2nd line.
I think Hanzal would be an upgrade...but he doesn't fit the system so I don't think we'll sign him. He's way too slow.

SauceMyBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2017, 07:13 PM
  #92
David Singleton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dickson, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
I'd strongly consider Galchenyuk for the #2C. He can definitely be had from Montreal. He's a RFA that made $2.8 million last year, so the qualifying offer would be reasonable.

Like Duchene, he's a bit more of a goal scorer than playmaker.

The fact he's fallen out of favor in Montreal doesn't concern me overmuch. Think Laviolette would do wonders for him. Would like to see his FO abilities to be much better than they are, but c'est la vie.

With a Fiala or Aberg on his wing, Thorton's playmaking abilities could make those kids into extremely dangerous players- but he would cost a fair amount and would require more term that I would like at his age.

Don't like the fit with Hanzal. Bonino has been talked up a bit, but his best season was four years ago. Not sure if he's much of an upgrade over Jarnkrok (who has the best odds to start the season as the #2C).

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2017, 08:29 PM
  #93
Armourboy
Registered User
 
Armourboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Posts: 4,352
vCash: 500
I'm not sure Hanzal or Bonino are really worth the money, especially if we need a winger as well.

I think if you are going for wishlist is probably Duchene, Nugent-Hopkins, Galchenyuk and then Thorton. Bad part is I'm not sure you can get any of them.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2017, 08:38 PM
  #94
David Singleton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dickson, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
I'm not sure Hanzal or Bonino are really worth the money, especially if we need a winger as well.

I think if you are going for wishlist is probably Duchene, Nugent-Hopkins, Galchenyuk and then Thorton. Bad part is I'm not sure you can get any of them.
I feel that Thorton could certainly sign in Nashville if the deal is right for him. I doubt the deal would be right for Nashville.

And Galchenyuk could definitely be had.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2017, 09:16 PM
  #95
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Schroedingers box
Country: United States
Posts: 25,209
vCash: 242
Are we talking Joe Thornton? As in just got my ruined knee fixed in April Joe Thornton? First, do the Sharks not want him back? Hard to see him not signing with them of they make him any kind of offer. And if they don't want him, how can possibly expect term from anyone?

If we knew he'd be ready by october, and he'd take a 1 year deal, I'd be happy to have Jumbo Joe

__________________
Surgeon General's Warning: Shea Weber may be hazardous to your health.
PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2017, 11:11 PM
  #96
monix11
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
I'd strongly consider Galchenyuk for the #2C. He can definitely be had from Montreal. He's a RFA that made $2.8 million last year, so the qualifying offer would be reasonable.

Like Duchene, he's a bit more of a goal scorer than playmaker.

The fact he's fallen out of favor in Montreal doesn't concern me overmuch. Think Laviolette would do wonders for him. Would like to see his FO abilities to be much better than they are, but c'est la vie.

With a Fiala or Aberg on his wing, Thorton's playmaking abilities could make those kids into extremely dangerous players- but he would cost a fair amount and would require more term that I would like at his age.

Don't like the fit with Hanzal. Bonino has been talked up a bit, but his best season was four years ago. Not sure if he's much of an upgrade over Jarnkrok (who has the best odds to start the season as the #2C).
The problem with both Duchene and Galchenyuk is that they're both way better on the wing....

monix11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 09:05 AM
  #97
Vali Maki Sushi
Tuna Vali Maki Roll
 
Vali Maki Sushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Pingtung City
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
I'm not a big fan of Hopkins. If he wasn't a former number one overall, I doubt too many would be. He's better than what we have, but far from ideal. Just like Jarnkrok, I think he'd be a playoff ghost as well.
Well seeing how you hate Jarnkrok and Smith, let's trade both of them for RNH lol.

Vali Maki Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 09:39 AM
  #98
Persona5
Registered User
 
Persona5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monix11 View Post
The problem with both Duchene and Galchenyuk is that they're both way better on the wing....
Galchenyuk for sure but Duchene is better at center than wing.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 09:55 AM
  #99
Montross
Top 6 Bonino
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Who I hope ends up 2C: Duchene or Galchenyuk
Who I think could actually end up 2C: Bonino or Hanzal
My pessimistic side is saying come opening day the 2C is Colton Sissons.

And I personally stay away from Thornton unless the deal is really really good.

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 12:22 PM
  #100
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Schroedingers box
Country: United States
Posts: 25,209
vCash: 242
at what point does RNH become a cap dump for Edmonton where they would have to essentially pay someone to take him?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.