HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Off-Season

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2017, 01:09 PM
Lateralous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa pred View Post
Any interest in E. Kane? He would replace Neal's toughness and goals and might not cost much in a trade. Only 1 year left on his deal, so it wouldn't be much of a risk if he becomes a complete headcase.
Given that there's only one year left on his deal, I would do it if he comes relatively cheap. If he does mature, he fits right in with average age of the core of the team.

Old
06-22-2017, 01:10 PM
Lateralous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Assuming he's cheap enough, sure. But as much as he's bounced around, for as good a player as he is, I wouldn't give up much.
I know it feel like more but he's only actually been moved once, right?

Old
06-22-2017, 01:11 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralous View Post
I know it feel like more but he's only actually been moved once, right?
It does feel like more. I guess it's just that he's been involved in rumors pretty much his entire career.

Old
06-22-2017, 01:13 PM
Persona5

Quote:
Any interest in E. Kane? He would replace Neal's toughness and goals and might not cost much in a trade. Only 1 year left on his deal, so it wouldn't be much of a risk if he becomes a complete headcase.
I wouldn't be opposed to this if the price was right. Wouldn't want to give up all that much though as he has been known to bring bad vibes to locker rooms.

As for Gagne...please no!

Old
06-22-2017, 01:16 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to this if the price was right. Wouldn't want to give up all that much though as he has been known to bring bad vibes to locker rooms.

As for Gagne...please no!
What's your issue with him? 50 points last year. Can play C or W. His advanced numbers are really solid. He's only 27.

Old
06-22-2017, 01:17 PM
TheJungleHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Generally the Preds aren't involved in as many rumors. Not sure if it's a small market thing, if we have less contact with the hockey media at large, or if Poile is just good at keeping his cards close to his chest. I wouldn't read too much into that.

I see everyone here suggesting Duchene, and I'd love him, but what do we trade for him? Let's assume he's worth as much as Johansen was when he got him, which I think is pretty fair. What do we have as our Seth Jones? Fabbro+1st won't get it done, Carolina will just offer Hanifin and Colorado will laugh at our offer. To have any chance, we'd have to break up our top four D. Are people comfortable with that?
Rumor on the Avs board is that Carolina is not wanting to trade any of their Top 7 D. Now, that is just message board hearsay, though.

The NYI are likely out of the Duchene race after trading for Eberle, too. A package of Hamonic + Strome for Duchene was the rumor there, but now Strome is in EDM.

Fabbro + 1st + another young player/prospect will be the deal for a guy like Dutch. Most Avs fans I talked to thought that was a rather fair deal.

Colorado is wanting to get younger and add new, good prospects. A Fabbro + 1st + Kamenev may entice them. One of our Top 4 D-men would not fit with Sakic's long-term plan, while a guy like Fabbro would.

Old
06-22-2017, 01:20 PM
Mortiest Morty

It's more than message board hearsay:

Old
06-22-2017, 01:20 PM
TheJungleHunter

Old
06-22-2017, 01:22 PM
Iron Duke

Duchene and Oshie. Get er done DP!

Old
06-22-2017, 01:22 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Old
06-22-2017, 01:25 PM
tampa pred

Until looking up their stats, I din't realize that Oshie was already 30, and Kane is only 25. While I don't believe that either happens, I'd rather have Kane.

My fear is that Poile sees the top-9 as set. All 9 guys are locks to play and none should really be on the 4th line.

Forsberg/Joey/Arvy
Fiala/Sissons/Aberg
Wilson/Krok/Smith

I don't really hate it (it is a better line-up than we played PIT with), but any injury and you have to promote a 4th liner or AHL guy into the top-9. That line-up gets killed against a physical team though.

Old
06-22-2017, 01:27 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Until looking up their stats, I din't realize that Oshie was already 30, and Kane is only 25. While I don't believe that either happens, I'd rather have Kane.

My fear is that Poile sees the top-9 as set. All 9 guys are locks to play and none should really be on the 4th line.

Forsberg/Joey/Arvy
Fiala/Sissons/Aberg
Wilson/Krok/Smith

I don't really hate it (it is a better line-up than we played PIT with), but any injury and you have to promote a 4th liner or AHL guy into the top-9. That line-up gets killed against a physical team though.
Aberg and Sissons have absolutely not earned "should not really be on the fourth line" status. We also will rarely have all 12 of our best forwards healthy, so even if they start there, they will have room to move up as the season goes on.

I would guess Fiala-Sissons-Aberg would be arguably the worst second line in the NHL next year.

Old
06-22-2017, 01:28 PM
Persona5

I would honestly overpay for Duchene as I really think he could be exactly what we need to compete for the cup again next season. I would offer as much as Fabro, 2017 1st, and 2018 1st.

Old
06-22-2017, 01:29 PM
Soundgarden

Yeah, now is the time to pony up. Plus, we all know that Duchene loves Nashville, would be a great fit.

Johansen-Duchene 1-2 punch

Old
06-22-2017, 01:33 PM
Lateralous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
I would honestly overpay for Duchene as I really think he could be exactly what we need to compete for the cup again next season. I would offer as much as Fabro, 2017 1st, and 2018 1st.
At the point that you're getting your 2C and you just gave up James Neal to keep your 3C, don't you try to work Kamenev into the deal instead of one of those other pieces? To your point, if you could get Kane and Duchene for the 3 pieces you mentioned and Kamenev the top 6 would be pretty nasty.

JOFA
Kane/Duchene/Fiala

Last edited by Lateralous: 06-22-2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old
06-22-2017, 01:36 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:

Forsberg/Joey/Arvy
Fiala/Sissons/Aberg
Wilson/Krok/Smith

Oshie has better production, is more durable, is a better two-way player and has significantly better hockey IQ (not saying much). He'd be a great add depending on term.

Old
06-22-2017, 01:36 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
At the point that you're getting your 2C and you just gave up James Neal to keep your 3C, don't you try to work Kamenev into the deal instead of one of those other pieces?
I certainly would. I would guess Fabbro+Kamenev is the base. Johansen, Duchene, Jarnkrok, Gaudreau, and Sissons have center locked down. With Neal gone we need Fiala to stay if at all possible.

Vrbata, Versteeg, Vanek, and Gagner (at wing) could be cheap options at wing if we take on a big contract like Duchene's for all futures.

Old
06-22-2017, 01:37 PM
GeauxPreds

I'd be interested in both Duchene and Kane, I dont think we have the resources to get both of course and I'd rather get Duchene but Kane would be a big step towards filling neals spot

Old
06-22-2017, 01:37 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
At the point that you're getting your 2C and you just gave up James Neal to keep your 3C, don't you try to work Kamenev into the deal instead of one of those other pieces?
Rather let Kamenev challenge to become the actual 3C and play Krok on a wing if needed.

Old
06-22-2017, 01:40 PM
Mortiest Morty

Old
06-22-2017, 01:42 PM
thecloser

Unlike some of you I don't think you need to add Kamenev in a deal for Duchene. And I don't think we should. With how Sissons performed in the playoffs, that gives him some draw.

I think our 1st + Fabbro + Sissons could get it.

Old
06-22-2017, 01:43 PM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Rather let Kamenev challenge to become the actual 3C and play Krok on a wing if needed.
Correct. I think one of the reasons outside of contract that we protected Jarny was because of his ability to be a utility player.

Old
06-22-2017, 01:44 PM
jumb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post

I'd be happy with this all day. Make it happen Poile.

Old
06-22-2017, 01:44 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Unlike some of you I don't think you need to add Kamenev in a deal for Duchene. And I don't think we should. With how Sissons performed in the playoffs, that gives him some draw.

That's nuts. Kamenev isn't worth anything near Duchene straight up.

Old
06-22-2017, 01:45 PM
GeauxPreds

I don't think we get duchene without moving an NHL ready defenseman unfortunately

Closed Thread