HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Greene Q&A posted

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2003, 02:00 PM
Holly Gunning

vCash: 500
Matt Greene Q&A posted

Enjoy.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Old
10-28-2003, 02:13 PM
barto

Great stuff - was interesting to hear that he was so small as a freshman in high school, but was up 4" by the next year...and you gotta like his attitude about intimidation and playing tough... Excellent work as usual, Guy!

Bart

Old
10-28-2003, 02:14 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

I liked how he said that he wants to work on his speed....this is important especially when you're a defenseman for the Oilers. No more Cory Cross types!

Old
10-28-2003, 02:15 PM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
"Edmonton’s an unbelievable city! I’ve been there twice now and I can’t get enough of it. The history of the program, that’s a franchise you can’t get enough of. It was definitely an honor and I couldn’t have gone to a better place. That’s the kind of team you dream to get drafted by."

"If you’re playing against somebody you’re obviously not out there to make friends so you’ve got to go as hard as you can and if you get the chance to lay somebody out you’ve got to do it. If you can take him out of the game doing it, why not?"

"I think I’d like to play with an offensive guy and kind of let them handle it a bit and ride their coattails to some pluses here and there wouldn’t be bad (laughs). Let them handle the offense and let me play defense with them."

I LOVE this pick. Sounds like we have a player here...and a mean one at that.

Old
10-28-2003, 03:45 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Great opening question...

who ever came up with that idea is a smart smart perseon

All joking aside, it suprises me his response to that, and it's a shame that he was misinformed. But it sounds like everything is going pretty good for him, which is great.

Old
10-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Hellström

Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Thanks Guy !
It´s unbelieveable to have some influence on those Q&A from overseas. Thanks a lot !

Old
10-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Mr Sakich

I am going to thank Guy tomorrow in person by buying him a few beers. Great job as usual.

Old
10-28-2003, 04:20 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
I am going to thank Guy tomorrow in person by buying him a few beers. Great job as usual.
Be sure to shave your legs first. They're looking a little fuzzy.

Old
10-28-2003, 04:45 PM
OYLer

The Art of the Interview!

Quote:
"HF: I was going to ask if your academics come first for you right now with the hockey a close second but it sounds more like you’re there mainly for the hockey experience. Is that accurate?"
When the interplay between the interviewer and chosen subject reveals the subtleties of the interviewee's personality and character we the fans know instinctively that our hockey hunger has been nutritiously satiated.

Thanx GuyF for such delicious fare.

Old
10-28-2003, 04:59 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I enjoyed the interview - this kid sounds like he's going to be an important part of our club down the road.

Old
10-28-2003, 05:27 PM
dem

Awesome interview

Old
10-28-2003, 08:45 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 730
great to hear greene thinks very highly of this team. i like his attitude, he going to make sure the opponet knows he is there on the ice. we need a guy like that on our defense, a bruiser. great interview guy.

Old
10-29-2003, 12:24 PM
GW

I'm not so sure Greene's coach was impressed with some of his comments. He very well might not have enjoyed his next practice.

Old
10-29-2003, 12:24 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW
I'm not so sure Greene's coach was impressed with some of his comments. He very well might not have enjoyed his next practice.
Care to explain that a little?

Old
10-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Great job as usual, Guy!

BTW, your article also got a plug from the InCH (Inside College Hockey) website.

Old
10-29-2003, 01:54 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Excellent story Guy, thanks - I must say, the idealist in me is a bit disappointed he went to college mostly for the hockey, but hey, he's young.

If he pans out, I think he'll do great for the Oilers, mean D who can play are always good to have but hard to find.

Old
10-29-2003, 06:52 PM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
Enjoy.
Done. Sec....ok, did it again.

This was a tremendous interview. The questions and their progression was excellent and Greene's character seems to come alive: self-assured, world-interested, articulate, and playful. Thanks go to Greene, Flaming, and HF for this interview.

This seems like a player an Oilers watcher would want to be a fan of. I hope he makes the club and starts smashing Flames and other assorted opponents. Commodore...you're first!

Old
10-30-2003, 11:41 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Hi everybody... Glad you all liked the interview. Sorry I was in Cowtown and just got back so I could address things for a while.

I need to make on note... Matt emailed me after this was posted and wanted to make a point about how important schooling is to him because he's worried that the way the interview reads... it sounds like he's 100% hockey and that school is a necessary evil or something. That's not the case at all. He was making the point that he knows his future is with hockey so that's where his direction lies... but he's still working his butt off scholastically and UND is a very good academic school too. Hoceky wise it's a factory, but it's not all UND does.

Here's what he wrote to me:

Hey Guy,
I didnt mean to come across that I wasn't in school for the education as well. Yes hockey is very inportant to me and so is school though North Dakota is a wonderful University with great coaches and unbelievable teachers. I didnt want to come across as saying I wasn't interested in school but, oh well thanks for the opportunity.
matt

Old
10-30-2003, 11:53 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Hi everybody... Glad you all liked the interview. Sorry I was in Cowtown and just got back so I could address things for a while.

I need to make on note... Matt emailed me after this was posted and wanted to make a point about how important schooling is to him because he's worried that the way the interview reads... it sounds like he's 100% hockey and that school is a necessary evil or something. That's not the case at all. He was making the point that he knows his future is with hockey so that's where his direction lies... but he's still working his butt off scholastically and UND is a very good academic school too. Hoceky wise it's a factory, but it's not all UND does.

Here's what he wrote to me:

Hey Guy,
I didnt mean to come across that I wasn't in school for the education as well. Yes hockey is very inportant to me and so is school though North Dakota is a wonderful University with great coaches and unbelievable teachers. I didnt want to come across as saying I wasn't interested in school but, oh well thanks for the opportunity.
matt
Nice follow-up, thanks. Maybe Matt would be interested in posting here once in a while to let us know how things are going for him...? It would be pretty cool to have one of our better prospects giving us some idea of the things he's going through on an occasional basis (or regular if he wants)!

Bart

Old
10-30-2003, 02:59 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
I need to make on note... Matt emailed me after this was posted and wanted to make a point about how important schooling is to him because he's worried that the way the interview reads
ok, kraigus is vastly relieved now.

Thanks Guy (and thanks too, to Matt, both for giving the interview and taking the time to follow up afterwards).

Closed Thread