HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Flyers and Sharks taking a look at Comrie.

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 05:32 AM
Oiltalk

vCash: 500
Flyers and Sharks taking a look at Comrie.

Found in today's Edmonton Journal.

Philly being the most interested, then San Jose with LA and Atlanta being long shots in the trade inquiries.

Old
11-04-2003, 05:33 AM
gpearson1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Found in today's Edmonton Journal.

Philly being the most interested, then San Jose with LA and Atlanta being long shots in the trade inquiries.

Who's Philly got that would be interesting ?

Cheers,
Geoff.

Old
11-04-2003, 05:42 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpearson1968

Cheers,
Geoff.
Hmm interesting guys that I see are Gagne, Williams, Handzus, Woywitka.. I'm not sure if Clarke would be willing to deal any of them however Then again, Gagne hasn't had the most stellar start to the season.. I'd go nuts if we could someone how acquire him in a Comrie deal!

Old
11-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpearson1968

Cheers,
Geoff.
Pitkanen who is untouchable.

Matheson mentions possibly Woywitka and Williams would be of interest.

Old
11-04-2003, 05:49 AM
Slats432

Say it with me....

Handzus, Woywitka for Comrie + ?

Old
11-04-2003, 05:51 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Say it with me....

Going with the premise that Pitkanen is untouchable. (Kevin if you get Pitkanen in this deal I will personally send you a thank you note.)

Old
11-04-2003, 05:53 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Going with the premise that Pitkanen is untouchable. (Kevin if you get Pitkanen in this deal I will personally send you a thank you note.)
kevin, if you land either pitkanen or gagne for comrie i will literally create a shrine to you in my closet and worship it twice daily (replacing my current Delta Burke shrine).

Old
11-04-2003, 05:55 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Say it with me....

It'd be like Christmas in November.

It's like being a little kid, looking at toys through the glass of a display case...but will mom (Lowe) break out the credit card, or usher us off to the 'Star Wars Episode I' action figure section and buy us an abhorrent Queen Amidala doll?

Old
11-04-2003, 05:55 AM
FacelessButcher

online link plz? or someone could go to the tenuous task of word for word if its short, Philly is kind of suprising I guess Hitchcock just wants another Edmontonian to keep him company(um, ya right). Comrie does not really suit what I would call a typical Flyers player in the style of his game. If a deal occurs I would very much guess a partial salary paid Primeau would be the main return and with Carter coming up,makes me wonder what they would they need a small center for it does not appear to make very much sense at all. They are playing pretty well too the only hole I see in their line-up is a few prospects on the wings and a prospect goalie(I still can't believe they traded Ouellet).

Old
11-04-2003, 06:00 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
online link plz? or someone could go to the tenuous task of word for word if its short, Philly is kind of suprising I guess Hitchcock just wants another Edmontonian to keep him company(um, ya right). Comrie does not really suit what I would call a typical Flyers player in the style of his game. If a deal occurs I would very much guess a partial salary paid Primeau would be the main return and with Carter coming up,makes me wonder what they would they need a small center for it does not appear to make very much sense at all. They are playing pretty well too the only hole I see in their line-up is a few prospects on the wings and a prospect goalie(I still can't believe they traded Ouellet).
I was thinking the same thing. You got Hitchcock who's a hard ass. Comrie was having problems with MacT? I can't wait to see him interact with Hitch. Also, Comrie doesn't look like you typicall Flyer, over 6 feet, 200 pounds. Weird rumor, probably unlikely.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:02 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
It's like being a little kid, looking at toys through the glass of a display case...but will mom (Lowe) break out the credit card, or usher us off to the 'Star Wars Episode I' action figure section and buy us an abhorrent Queen Amidala doll?
Heh or maybe one of those "uncool" Jar Jar Binks dolls as well..

Old
11-04-2003, 06:03 AM
LawnDemon

i don't agree that comrie doesn't suit the Flyers... frankly, i could see him mentoring very effectively under roenick.

i just had an interesting thought...

EDM (comrie + brewer) -> PHI (gagne + pitkanen)

would that be enough from the oiler side? would we want to do that? (i know i would love to aquire just one more #44 from the flyers blueline)

Old
11-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
i don't agree that comrie doesn't suit the Flyers... frankly, i could see him mentoring very effectively under roenick.

would that be enough from the oiler side? would we want to do that? (i know i would love to aquire just one more #44 from the flyers blueline)
Makes sense LD. According to the Sun? Brew was skating by himself at practice. He may not suit up for the Habs game. I also like your take of JR mentoring MC. I just don't want to here about your Delta Burke shrine.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon

C'mon LD, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment...no way Clarke gives up Pitkanen, not at this stage. Lord knows I'd slather myself with honey and throw myself at a bear in springtime if it meant we got him, but I just can't see Clarke or Hitch being THAT desperate for Comrie's services.

Oh yeah, I just remembered...what the HELL is up with a Delta Burke shrine??

Old
11-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Heh or maybe one of those "uncool" Jar Jar Binks dolls as well..
Hey!

Don't you be dissin' Jar Jar! :mad:

He was the glue that held Episode I together...

Old
11-04-2003, 06:18 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Hey!

i heard a rumor that those exact words were scribed in the "Dead Sea Scrolls" and prophesized the end of time.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:20 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
C'mon LD, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment...no way Clarke gives up Pitkanen, not at this stage. Lord knows I'd slather myself with honey and throw myself at a bear in springtime if it meant we got him, but I just can't see Clarke or Hitch being THAT desperate for Comrie's services.
This is the same Clark that was so desparate for Oates' services for 3 weeks that he sent a very solid goaltending prospect, and 3 decent draft picks off for him.

Besides, I think Brew would thrive in Philly... It wouldn't need to be "the guy", and could probably develop a little better that way.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:33 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Hey!

Yes'a! Dey'sa should be'sa dissin Jar Jar!

But anyways- I Primeau would be an absolutely completely PERFECT fit in Edmonton! I mean he's BIG up the middle which is a winner there by itself! He can dominate games offensively and defensively. I doubt that this will happen as the Flyers would need to buck up for approx. half of the salary, and I can't see that happening any time soon!

Old
11-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Yanner39

Maybe Philly's also looking at Salo? I don't know how far they can go with Esche and Hackett (Although Esche was player of the week.)...Philly's always lacked a quality goalie. Maybe Salo fits their bill anyways.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
This is the same Clark that was so desparate for Oates' services for 3 weeks that he sent a very solid goaltending prospect, and 3 decent draft picks off for him.

Besides, I think Brew would thrive in Philly... It wouldn't need to be "the guy", and could probably develop a little better that way.
Whoa...how'd Brewer get involved in this?

Uh oh, now you've done it; you piqued my interest. Brewer for Pitkanen...that would be a big time ballsy move. Would either Lowe or Clarke go for that?

Remember when Clarke first traded Niinimaa to the Oilers, a lot of people (including Bob McKenzie as I recall) were caught off guard by that, nobody expected Janne could be had at that time...

Old
11-04-2003, 06:39 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Yes'a! Dey'sa should be'sa dissin Jar Jar!

But anyways- I Primeau would be an absolutely completely PERFECT fit in Edmonton! I mean he's BIG up the middle which is a winner there by itself! He can dominate games offensively and defensively. I doubt that this will happen as the Flyers would need to buck up for approx. half of the salary, and I can't see that happening any time soon!
Personally, I'd rather have Handzus 7 days a week over Primeau. Just my opinion.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:40 AM
Teezax

Speaking on behalf of the Flyers Organization, i don't see Comrie coming over, and if he did you would never be able to land any of the above mentioned players, namely, Handzus, Williams, Pitkanen, Gagné.
What i see being offered by Philly is any of the following:

Vandermeer, Woywitka, or Seidenberg maybe draft picks, maybe Therien.

Any compilation rotating around these players. Anyone on the active roster will not be moved.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:43 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Primeau, with a big chunk of his salary paid, would be perfect... for this season and next season... but after that, he's gone.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:44 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
OK, check out this blockbuster (although I'd be heistant to see it happen):

To Edmonton:

Primeau
Williams
Pitkanen
Hurme

To Philly:
Salo
Comrie
Brewer

To Atlanta:
Chimera

Dunno if all the ends meet there - and I don't like the idea of trading Salo and having Hurme - but of all the guys that are available for cheap, he's my favorite. I really, Brewer, Chimera and Salo would be taken from our current team and we'd be adding Williams, Pitkanen and Williams, that's pretty damn good.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:44 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Speaking on behalf of the Flyers Organization, i don't see Comrie coming over, and if he did you would never be able to land any of the above mentioned players, namely, Handzus, Williams, Pitkanen, Gagné.
What i see being offered by Philly is any of the following:

Vandermeer, Woywitka, or Seidenberg maybe draft picks, maybe Therien.

Any compilation rotating around these players. Anyone on the active roster will not be moved.
You would be getting Comrie and have nobody on the active roster removed? Doesn't make very much sense, and if a deal is made, you can bet someone on the roster will be moved.

Closed Thread