HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers aernt even on MSG

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2006, 06:14 PM
  #1
Yizee*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 419
vCash: 500
Rangers aernt even on MSG

stupid knicks are on they have given up on the season and the Rangers vs Islanders rivalry I have to watch on NHL Center Ice because they'd rather play Preseason baseball on the islanders channel - this is pathetic why does hockey always get the shaft

Yizee* is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 06:16 PM
  #2
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,017
vCash: 500
im a knicks fan and i cant believe MSG is doing this to the rangers... that team is a disgrace to NY.. while the hockey team should well deserve the moment

poeman is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 08:52 PM
  #3
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
It's a disgrace. But we all know Jimmy Dolan and the Knicks are in bed together.

Balej20* is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 08:52 PM
  #4
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
I've been quite angry about this the whole year as well but think of it this way: sponsors for the teams will want to know how many games will be on certain networks. they assume the knicks, all things being equal (wins losses) will draw a bigger crowd. this season, they assumed the knicks would finish better than NYR so it only makes sense for the knicks to be scheduled for MSG. they can't just switch the games and give a raw deal to their sponsors who pay money to be on regular MSG. Not every sports fan is as dedicated and watch most or all of their teams games like we do here, so losing a team from the regular channel means losing audience, and that's unfair to sponsorship.

nyrmessier011 is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 08:58 PM
  #5
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011
I've been quite angry about this the whole year as well but think of it this way: sponsors for the teams will want to know how many games will be on certain networks. they assume the knicks, all things being equal (wins losses) will draw a bigger crowd. this season, they assumed the knicks would finish better than NYR so it only makes sense for the knicks to be scheduled for MSG. they can't just switch the games and give a raw deal to their sponsors who pay money to be on regular MSG. Not every sports fan is as dedicated and watch most or all of their teams games like we do here, so losing a team from the regular channel means losing audience, and that's unfair to sponsorship.
Well, using your logic...Next season the RANGERS should be on MSG every single possible night, with the Knicks being relegated to MSG2.

Balej20* is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 08:59 PM
  #6
KreiMeARiver
PHI has potential!
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere in Time
Posts: 6,105
vCash: 500
I watched it on FSN HD tonight

KreiMeARiver is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 09:08 PM
  #7
Phil333
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 997
vCash: 500
It wouldn't be so bad if it was on MSG2 if the program guide said "NHL Hockey." Not even having that is not the way to get fans.

Phil333 is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 09:22 PM
  #8
KasparKrunch
Registered User
 
KasparKrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
atleast the KNICS played wel enough to deserve MSG tonight, while the Rangers played so poorly that they deserved MSG 2.


hahahahahha

KasparKrunch is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 09:36 PM
  #9
HVPOLARBEARS19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
If the Knicks were fighting for a playoff spot I could at least understand MSG's decision to put the Knicks on, but the fact that they are getting blown out for 35 points night in and night out and have been eliminated from a playoff position since like December when the Rangers are playing exciting, playoff bound hockey is ridiculous. I think a hell of a lot more people would rather watch the Rangers than Knicks at this point unless they have a masochistic fetish. I mean, the NHL already passed the NBA in terms of popularity, yet we're relegated to being put on the freaking Hillbilly OLN which broadcasts bass fishing and duck hunting. What type of image is the NHL trying to set, that we're not even a real sport and that only backwoods hicks with 4 teeth like it? Come on, what a horrible marketing strategy. Oh well, the NHL will be back on ESPN now that it's showed that the fans are back and the game is exciting.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 09:38 PM
  #10
NYRfan68
Registered User
 
NYRfan68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
who were the isles announcers for the game tonight? Aweful!
I was asking the whole time where's JD?

NYRfan68 is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 09:40 PM
  #11
KreiMeARiver
PHI has potential!
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere in Time
Posts: 6,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk
who were the isles announcers for the game tonight? Aweful!
I was asking the whole time where's JD?
channel 14 here was msg 2, where sam and jd were...but I wanted it in HD so I watched fox sports ny.

KreiMeARiver is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 09:43 PM
  #12
NYRfan68
Registered User
 
NYRfan68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
i saw it on digital cable here in Canada with the sports pack so it was on FSN...I think they were Islanders announcers. You know when you hear a voice and know how wrong it sounds.

NYRfan68 is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 10:07 PM
  #13
KreiMeARiver
PHI has potential!
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere in Time
Posts: 6,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk
i saw it on digital cable here in Canada with the sports pack so it was on FSN...I think they were Islanders announcers. You know when you hear a voice and know how wrong it sounds.
yeah the islanders announcers are horrible! howie rose...he's about as good of an announcer as the colliseum is an arena...

anybody hearing bullldozers?

KreiMeARiver is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 10:09 PM
  #14
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85
yeah the islanders announcers are horrible! howie rose...he's about as good of an announcer as the colliseum is an arena...

anybody hearing bullldozers?
Howie announced us to a Stanley Cup on the radio...So I won't ever kill him. And I find Micheletti hilarious sometimes (Doesn't mean I think he's good).

Balej20* is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 10:34 PM
  #15
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Well, using your logic...Next season the RANGERS should be on MSG every single possible night, with the Knicks being relegated to MSG2.
well we can hope for that, although with larry brown, "star"bury, and francis, dolan will continue to believe that he and his racist GM aren't continuing to run the franchise into the ground. i concede it will take the rangers being a division favorite and the knicks consensus being they will not make the playoffs for the rangers to be scheduled on MSG months in advance with no idea how the season will be going.

nyrmessier011 is offline  
Old
03-29-2006, 10:39 PM
  #16
romba
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,039
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to romba
Wow guys. Howie Rose had the famous Motteau call on his game winning conference final goal. Cut him some slack. He's a good PBP guy.

romba is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 01:22 AM
  #17
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
Wow guys. Howie Rose had the famous Motteau call on his game winning conference final goal. Cut him some slack. He's a good PBP guy.
My man Romba, always on the ball. I bet a lot of posters on this board did not even know that.

Balej20* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.