HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers aernt even on MSG

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Yizee*

vCash: 500
Rangers aernt even on MSG

stupid knicks are on they have given up on the season and the Rangers vs Islanders rivalry I have to watch on NHL Center Ice because they'd rather play Preseason baseball on the islanders channel - this is pathetic why does hockey always get the shaft

Old
03-29-2006, 06:16 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

im a knicks fan and i cant believe MSG is doing this to the rangers... that team is a disgrace to NY.. while the hockey team should well deserve the moment

Old
03-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Balej20*

It's a disgrace. But we all know Jimmy Dolan and the Knicks are in bed together.

Old
03-29-2006, 08:52 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
I've been quite angry about this the whole year as well but think of it this way: sponsors for the teams will want to know how many games will be on certain networks. they assume the knicks, all things being equal (wins losses) will draw a bigger crowd. this season, they assumed the knicks would finish better than NYR so it only makes sense for the knicks to be scheduled for MSG. they can't just switch the games and give a raw deal to their sponsors who pay money to be on regular MSG. Not every sports fan is as dedicated and watch most or all of their teams games like we do here, so losing a team from the regular channel means losing audience, and that's unfair to sponsorship.

Old
03-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011
I've been quite angry about this the whole year as well but think of it this way: sponsors for the teams will want to know how many games will be on certain networks. they assume the knicks, all things being equal (wins losses) will draw a bigger crowd. this season, they assumed the knicks would finish better than NYR so it only makes sense for the knicks to be scheduled for MSG. they can't just switch the games and give a raw deal to their sponsors who pay money to be on regular MSG. Not every sports fan is as dedicated and watch most or all of their teams games like we do here, so losing a team from the regular channel means losing audience, and that's unfair to sponsorship.
Well, using your logic...Next season the RANGERS should be on MSG every single possible night, with the Knicks being relegated to MSG2.

Old
03-29-2006, 08:59 PM
KreiMeARiver
PHI has potential!

I watched it on FSN HD tonight

Old
03-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Phil333

It wouldn't be so bad if it was on MSG2 if the program guide said "NHL Hockey." Not even having that is not the way to get fans.

Old
03-29-2006, 09:22 PM
KasparKrunch

atleast the KNICS played wel enough to deserve MSG tonight, while the Rangers played so poorly that they deserved MSG 2.

hahahahahha

Old
03-29-2006, 09:36 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
If the Knicks were fighting for a playoff spot I could at least understand MSG's decision to put the Knicks on, but the fact that they are getting blown out for 35 points night in and night out and have been eliminated from a playoff position since like December when the Rangers are playing exciting, playoff bound hockey is ridiculous. I think a hell of a lot more people would rather watch the Rangers than Knicks at this point unless they have a masochistic fetish. I mean, the NHL already passed the NBA in terms of popularity, yet we're relegated to being put on the freaking Hillbilly OLN which broadcasts bass fishing and duck hunting. What type of image is the NHL trying to set, that we're not even a real sport and that only backwoods hicks with 4 teeth like it? Come on, what a horrible marketing strategy. Oh well, the NHL will be back on ESPN now that it's showed that the fans are back and the game is exciting.

Old
03-29-2006, 09:38 PM
NYRfan68

who were the isles announcers for the game tonight? Aweful!
I was asking the whole time where's JD?

Old
03-29-2006, 09:40 PM
KreiMeARiver
PHI has potential!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk
who were the isles announcers for the game tonight? Aweful!
I was asking the whole time where's JD?
channel 14 here was msg 2, where sam and jd were...but I wanted it in HD so I watched fox sports ny.

Old
03-29-2006, 09:43 PM
NYRfan68

i saw it on digital cable here in Canada with the sports pack so it was on FSN...I think they were Islanders announcers. You know when you hear a voice and know how wrong it sounds.

Old
03-29-2006, 10:07 PM
KreiMeARiver
PHI has potential!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk
i saw it on digital cable here in Canada with the sports pack so it was on FSN...I think they were Islanders announcers. You know when you hear a voice and know how wrong it sounds.
yeah the islanders announcers are horrible! howie rose...he's about as good of an announcer as the colliseum is an arena...

anybody hearing bullldozers?

Old
03-29-2006, 10:09 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85
yeah the islanders announcers are horrible! howie rose...he's about as good of an announcer as the colliseum is an arena...

anybody hearing bullldozers?
Howie announced us to a Stanley Cup on the radio...So I won't ever kill him. And I find Micheletti hilarious sometimes (Doesn't mean I think he's good).

Old
03-29-2006, 10:34 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Well, using your logic...Next season the RANGERS should be on MSG every single possible night, with the Knicks being relegated to MSG2.
well we can hope for that, although with larry brown, "star"bury, and francis, dolan will continue to believe that he and his racist GM aren't continuing to run the franchise into the ground. i concede it will take the rangers being a division favorite and the knicks consensus being they will not make the playoffs for the rangers to be scheduled on MSG months in advance with no idea how the season will be going.

Old
03-29-2006, 10:39 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Wow guys. Howie Rose had the famous Motteau call on his game winning conference final goal. Cut him some slack. He's a good PBP guy.

Old
03-30-2006, 01:22 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
Wow guys. Howie Rose had the famous Motteau call on his game winning conference final goal. Cut him some slack. He's a good PBP guy.
My man Romba, always on the ball. I bet a lot of posters on this board did not even know that.

Closed Thread