Notices

Cam on TSN

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2003, 03:02 PM
Still a Bruin fan

vCash: 500
Cam on TSN

Showing lots of Neely highlights with Cam as in-studio guest.

Bob McKenzie says Cam is hall worthy and makes his case. citing goals per game, playoff numbers and physically strong as their was in his day.

Games: 726
Goals 395
Assists 299
Points 694

57 goals in 93 playoff games.

1st intermission featured his hitting prowess.

Cam showing how he leveled opponents.

Old
10-28-2003, 03:38 PM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

I saw that, Cam looks like he should still be skating down the wing blasting home a goal past some hapless Habs goalie.

Old
10-28-2003, 03:43 PM
neelynugs

takes me back a few years, when neely was attempting his last comeback. if he made it back at that time, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him burying passes from thornton right now. ahh...what coulda been

Old
10-28-2003, 03:46 PM
misterjaggers

Cam Neely:
-prototype for the modern power forward
-future hall of famer

Old
10-28-2003, 03:47 PM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspOrrsito
I saw that, Cam looks like he should still be skating down the wing blasting home a goal past some hapless Habs goalie.
I was going to post the same thing. He was doing one-timer drills with Reid setting him up, man, Cam picked the top corner every single time. He still has SWEAT SWEAT hands. Too bad the lower half of his body... well you know.

Oh, BTW in the first intermission Neely was talking about how he used to work the corners. He was explaining how he would push off the boards and into the player that was pushing him from behind. Jokingly, he was asked if he could run and cross-check Reid. Neely replied, no but he would like to do that to another former player (cough) Ulf.

At a boy Neely.

You guys who don't get TSN are really missing out tonight.

Old
10-28-2003, 03:53 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
I went to my first game when there were only 6 teams so I've seen alot of players come and go and Cam Neely is a no brainer to me. The second best power forward to play. Its an absolute joke he's not in. I like Clarke Gillies but put Cam with Bossy and Trottier and he scores 70 goals a year and can fight in Gillies class. I follow baseball, football, and hockey closely and I'd say Cam not in HOF is the biggest injustice of any sport. And Middleton belongs- big game player, best- yes best defensive RW I have ever seen. Had it not been for the two many men on the ice....he or Gilbert would have been Conn Smythe Stanley Cup MVP. And I'll say that the 5 years he and Pederson played together was about as good a duo of how to play hockey as you'll ever see.

I want Moc to draft a balding 5'10 RW who can skate like the wind and is a smooth as a baby butt to pair him with Bergeron these next 10 years.

Old
10-28-2003, 04:51 PM
Still a Bruin fan

Pat Roy saying Neely was the toughest shooter he ever faced.
I hadn't heard that before.

Old
10-28-2003, 05:27 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Neely was still pickin' dem corners.....Man, couldn't he come back, just for PP time? Go with 11 regular forwards and have him just play the PP......!

Old
10-29-2003, 02:56 AM
amazingcrwns
IBelieveThatWeWilWin

It would be nice if Cam could come back for Power Play time. That would be one sweet powerplay. Neely must want another 5 goals to reach 400. He certainly belongs in the hall.

Old
10-29-2003, 03:02 AM
Stock Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 774EVER
I was going to post the same thing. He was doing one-timer drills with Reid setting him up, man, Cam picked the top corner every single time. He still has SWEAT SWEAT hands. Too bad the lower half of his body... well you know.

Oh, BTW in the first intermission Neely was talking about how he used to work the corners. He was explaining how he would push off the boards and into the player that was pushing him from behind. Jokingly, he was asked if he could run and cross-check Reid. Neely replied, no but he would like to do that to another former player (cough) Ulf.

At a boy Neely.

You guys who don't get TSN are really missing out tonight.
Sweat hands. Sweat hands? I know those gloves can get sweaty in a game, but I didn't think that Cam would be sweating so much in the studio.

I think you mean SWEET hands...

Closed Thread