HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFAs: Who do you want? Who don't you want?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2017, 05:34 PM
  #51
ManwithNoIdentity
Registered User
 
ManwithNoIdentity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
I would absolutely love Vanek back but he'll probably get a multi year payday not the one Detroit can afford

ManwithNoIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2017, 05:51 PM
  #52
tsweeney
Registered User
 
tsweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Man, this is some petty stuff to be laughing about. What will you say when they tell you that they don't even think about the Red Wings anymore?
I mean... that would be petty as hell, but so is stuff like "I hope this team goes 0-82 so they'll fire Ken Holland."

I mean, we shouldn't be drawing lines in the sand on propriety with the way the arguments have gone around here recently.

tsweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2017, 05:55 PM
  #53
Bench
Orange Safety Mesh
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Rafters
Posts: 12,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsweeney View Post
I mean... that would be petty as hell, but so is stuff like "I hope this team goes 0-82 so they'll fire Ken Holland."

I mean, we shouldn't be drawing lines in the sand on propriety with the way the arguments have gone around here recently.
Those in glass houses and all that.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2017, 05:56 PM
  #54
Probie
Registered User
 
Probie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver Is, Canada
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Very little hope of making the playoffs with blashil, even with Babs it would be tight. Long term outlook is bad. Full blown rebuild needed. We should go full tank at the trade deadline, green, nyquist, retain salary on another player or two, ask Z if he would like to move to a winner, I doubt he wants to feel the pain of four more years of crap, I'm sure he'd want to win a cup and we could retain salary/ deal with the recapture and move him at the deadline. We'd have three firsts plus our own that should be high. Package them for 1st overal and another high pick (say top 10), then you can build and promote your team around Dahlun and the new wave of red wings, even if its a couple years of distaster it's a treat to watch all the young players you will have drafted mature, it's a selling point atleast and it's cool knowing you have a bright future.

In other words forget signing any big ufas to contracts, it weakens the team, sign a moderate cost ufa if you must like a Daley. Stay away from old declining players like Girardi, etc, and overpriced high end players that will handcuff the team In a few years we have enough of that already.

Probie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2017, 06:07 PM
  #55
r0bert8841
Registered User
 
r0bert8841's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,756
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltv View Post
Maybe Illitch came to him and said "Make playoffs at all costs or we are going to part ways." I mean it is possible, right? There has to be a method for this madness.
This has to be what's happening right ??

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2017, 06:13 PM
  #56
RedMenace
**** Cancer
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Land of Confusion
Country: United States
Posts: 4,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Man, this is some petty stuff to be laughing about. What will you say when they tell you that they don't even think about the Red Wings anymore?
What I don't get is why anyone cares what any other fanbase thinks.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2017, 06:23 PM
  #57
Red Stanley
Registered User
 
Red Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
What I don't get is why anyone cares what any other fanbase thinks.
Confirmation bias. It's the most appealing kind of self-delusion.

Red Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 01:00 AM
  #58
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 10,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltv View Post
Maybe Illitch came to him and said "Make playoffs at all costs or we are going to part ways." I mean it is possible, right? There has to be a method for this madness.
When people here discuss hockey, they do not know or they forget that this is a business and you have to make money.

In the real world you have to balance between hockey and business, in the play station world its only hockey.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 03:27 AM
  #59
Reddwit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
I wouldn't cry about a cheap (if possible) deal to MDZ or a short "show me" deal to Kulikov or Grigorenko.

And I will take all the cheap, 1 year deals that are moveable at the deadline.

But basically anything longer than a year to anyone of typical UFA age and I want nothing to do with it.

Reddwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 03:29 AM
  #60
Reddwit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
When people here discuss hockey, they do not know or they forget that this is a business and you have to make money.

In the real world you have to balance between hockey and business, in the play station world its only hockey.
Is that why no teams ever tank or attempt honest rebuilds?

Reddwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 03:35 AM
  #61
Shaman464
#FireHolland
 
Shaman464's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
When people here discuss hockey, they do not know or they forget that this is a business and you have to make money.

In the real world you have to balance between hockey and business, in the play station world its only hockey.
That makes perfect sense. No wonder the team is no where near the cap limit for salaries.

Shaman464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 03:46 AM
  #62
Mlotek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: South of US Border
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 54
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
When people here discuss hockey, they do not know or they forget that this is a business and you have to make money.

In the real world you have to balance between hockey and business, in the play station world its only hockey.
That depends on the priorities of management. For example, the owner of the Buffalo Sabres said if he wanted to make money he would drill another oil well.

Mlotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 04:51 AM
  #63
RedWingsfan55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Shattenkirk and/or smith.

Smith would be one of our best defenseman with the right coaches. There's a reason why the rangers love him.

RedWingsfan55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 06:47 AM
  #64
Big Poppa Puck
HF's Villain
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: D-Boss' Dungeon
Country: United States
Posts: 17,802
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind anyone on short term deal that we can flip at the deadline, Girardi, Campbell, Daley, Vanek, etc.

Also wouldn't mind a reclamation project like Grigorenko, Yakupov, Etem, Burmistrov, etc.

But I want absolutely no long term deals signed. Nothing longer than 2 years.


I also like to see Holland make a trade or 2. Whether that's Nyquist/Tatar, Sheahan or one of the goalies, but that's wishful thinking.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 07:39 AM
  #65
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 24,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManwithNoIdentity View Post
I would absolutely love Vanek back but he'll probably get a multi year payday not the one Detroit can afford
Yeah it wouldn't shock me if Kenny does't resign Vanek, I can see it now 3 years $9 million. It's bound to happen.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 08:14 AM
  #66
tsweeney
Registered User
 
tsweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsfan55 View Post
Shattenkirk and/or smith.

Smith would be one of our best defenseman with the right coaches. There's a reason why the rangers love him.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I love it. People can't wait for Brendan Smith to be gone and now "Oh, he'd totally be one of our best. Never mind the fact that two different coaching staffs both didn't use him and he would routinely kick games in the regular season, he'd totally be one of our best.

Only way that you'd make Brendan Smith a great defenseman would be to treat every single game in the regular season like it was the playoffs. He turns it on when the pressure is on. However, that would literally burn out every other member of your roster... and would burn out Smith to where he'd be useless after a while.

tsweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 08:22 AM
  #67
Reddwit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsweeney View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I love it. People can't wait for Brendan Smith to be gone and now "Oh, he'd totally be one of our best. Never mind the fact that two different coaching staffs both didn't use him and he would routinely kick games in the regular season, he'd totally be one of our best.

Only way that you'd make Brendan Smith a great defenseman would be to treat every single game in the regular season like it was the playoffs. He turns it on when the pressure is on. However, that would literally burn out every other member of your roster... and would burn out Smith to where he'd be useless after a while.
People said that? Or one poster?

Reddwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 08:38 AM
  #68
tsweeney
Registered User
 
tsweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddwit View Post
People said that? Or one poster?
I've seen it sprinkled around. On the main board and here.

tsweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 08:39 AM
  #69
Beltv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsweeney View Post
I mean... that would be petty as hell, but so is stuff like "I hope this team goes 0-82 so they'll fire Ken Holland."

I mean, we shouldn't be drawing lines in the sand on propriety with the way the arguments have gone around here recently.
All I'm saying is...we have little to no direction. Signing anyone over the age of 27 isn't going to help anything IMO.


Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
This has to be what's happening right ??
You heard it here first


Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
When people here discuss hockey, they do not know or they forget that this is a business and you have to make money.

In the real world you have to balance between hockey and business, in the play station world its only hockey.
Make playoffs, new building, ticket prices sky high...have to make that like....800 million up somehow right? Certainly aren't doing that with a team that sucks and can't make the playoffs. Not like the Pistons are bringing much in(Will admit that I don't know anything about the pistons other than that they aren't making the post season either). Wonder how much revenue they make from concerts?

Beltv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 02:57 PM
  #70
PelagicJoe
Registered User
 
PelagicJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsfan55 View Post
Shattenkirk and/or smith.

Smith would be one of our best defenseman with the right coaches. There's a reason why the rangers love him.
The Rangers don't know any better because Henrik Lundqvist is way better at covering up defensive **** ups, unlike our goalies.

PelagicJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 02:59 PM
  #71
PelagicJoe
Registered User
 
PelagicJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 1417
I want Shattenkirk on the team, but we don't have the cap space or a good enough roster to appeal to him. I still say stand pat, wait until next year, shed some cap hits, and throw the bank at Jon Tavares at the end of the 17-18 season.

PelagicJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2017, 11:20 AM
  #72
Tatar Shots
Registered User
 
Tatar Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,017
vCash: 500
Seeing how everyone seems to be being bought out/not qualified I would like to take a shot at a cheap 1 year forward option. Hayes is available now. 6'5 right shot. Was pathetic last year but could bounce back. Grigorenko was not qualified and has some playmaking ability.

Tatar Shots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2017, 11:24 AM
  #73
Hammettf2b
Wings
 
Hammettf2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So California
Country: United States
Posts: 14,809
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatar Shots View Post
Seeing how everyone seems to be being bought out/not qualified I would like to take a shot at a cheap 1 year forward option. Hayes is available now. 6'5 right shot. Was pathetic last year but could bounce back. Grigorenko was not qualified and has some playmaking ability.
Who do they replace? Our roster is pretty full as is.

__________________
http://i.imgur.com/0EeIQGb.png
Hammettf2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2017, 11:31 AM
  #74
Tatar Shots
Registered User
 
Tatar Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b View Post
Who do they replace? Our roster is pretty full as is.
We have 11 forwards right now correct? The team will carry 13/14 forwards. It's not like these guys would be penciled into the everyday lineup. They would be competition for the likes of Svechnikov and Bertuzzi to make the roster. Personally I'd leave Bert in the AHL to start the year. Svechnikov also shouldn't be a lock. There are several forward spots available and it makes sense to fill 1 with a cheap ufa signing

Tatar Shots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2017, 11:37 AM
  #75
Hammettf2b
Wings
 
Hammettf2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So California
Country: United States
Posts: 14,809
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatar Shots View Post
We have 11 forwards right now correct? The team will carry 13/14 forwards. It's not like these guys would be penciled into the everyday lineup. They would be competition for the likes of Svechnikov and Bertuzzi to make the roster. Personally I'd leave Bert in the AHL to start the year. Svechnikov also shouldn't be a lock. There are several forward spots available and it makes sense to fill 1 with a cheap ufa signing
I would rather let the kids play to be honest. But when injuries happen it would be nice to have that extra body I guess.

Hammettf2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.