HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFAs: Who do you want? Who don't you want?

Old
06-30-2017, 11:56 AM
Tatar Shots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b View Post
I would rather let the kids play to be honest. But when injuries happen it would be nice to have that extra body I guess.
There is room for both Svechnikov and Bertuzzi + another forward if the team wants to carry 14 forwards. I'd much rather have say Jimmy Hayes as the spare forward than Bertuzzi. We are going to need at least 1 Miller/Ott guy who doesn't play most games.

Tatar Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2017, 12:03 PM
Beltv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatar Shots View Post
There is room for both Svechnikov and Bertuzzi + another forward if the team wants to carry 14 forwards. I'd much rather have say Jimmy Hayes as the spare forward than Bertuzzi. We are going to need at least 1 Miller/Ott guy who doesn't play most games.

Hayes over a guy like Burmistrov or Grigorenko? How old is Hayes? Don't really know much about him TBH

Beltv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2017, 12:35 PM
Tatar Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltv View Post
Hayes over a guy like Burmistrov or Grigorenko? How old is Hayes? Don't really know much about him TBH
27. I was just using him as an example. Grigorenko would probably be my top target on the buy low forward front

Old
06-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Beltv

Quote:
27. I was just using him as an example. Grigorenko would probably be my top target on the buy low forward front
I would be open to anyone of them 3 on a cheap show me deal. Just no old vets. The team is riddled with old vets. However, I would allow the signing of the legen...wait for dary, legendary Jaromir Jagr.

Old
06-30-2017, 01:56 PM
newfy

Wouldnt be surprised if they signed a Chris Neil or Ryan White type. Could sell at the deadline to a contender that wants some toughness for the playoffs. They did it with Ott last year.

Surprised they arent going after Simon Depres at all if they want D, hes only 25 and has some solid years behind him

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2017, 02:33 PM
Tatar Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Wouldnt be surprised if they signed a Chris Neil or Ryan White type. Could sell at the deadline to a contender that wants some toughness for the playoffs. They did it with Ott last year.

Surprised they arent going after Simon Depres at all if they want D, hes only 25 and has some solid years behind him
I'd probably puke knowing Neil was playing on this team while Franzen is injured for good. I'm pretty sure Despres is retiring

Old
06-30-2017, 02:59 PM
newfy

Quote:
I'd probably puke knowing Neil was playing on this team while Franzen is injured for good. I'm pretty sure Despres is retiring
Neil plays hard but not dirty, I would like him for a year. Franzen wasnt a saint for his antics hes lucky he didnt get punched more really. I just heard a mic'd up segment where Franzen actually admits to pinching another player... what 6'3 hockey player actually pinches someone lol?

Old
06-30-2017, 03:30 PM
Tatar Shots

Quote:
Neil plays hard but not dirty, I would like him for a year. Franzen wasnt a saint for his antics hes lucky he didnt get punched more really. I just heard a mic'd up segment where Franzen actually admits to pinching another player... what 6'3 hockey player actually pinches someone lol?
Franzen and Neil have had bad blood for years. Wouldn't sit right for me to sign Neil while Franzen is sidelined

Old
06-30-2017, 03:33 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
I thought it was funny. I still remember Esa Tikkanen blowing kisses at another player because it threw the other guy off so much.

06-30-2017, 08:32 PM
Sadekuuro

Tikkanen was on another level altogether The ultimate agitator.

Sadekuuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2017, 09:42 PM
Vatican Roulette
Baile de Los Locos

Micheal Haley
Harry Zolnierczyk

I'd take those two.

07-01-2017, 10:10 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I thought it was funny. I still remember Esa Tikkanen blowing kisses at another player because it threw the other guy off so much.
Blowing kisses is funny, pinching is something a 1st grade girl does not a grown man in the NHL who would never stick up for himself if someone actually took him to task. Franzen getting punched by someone shouldn't stop the weings from signing that player

Old
07-01-2017, 10:24 AM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Micheal Haley
Harry Zolnierczyk

I'd take those two.
Haley is already in agreement with FLA

Boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 10:25 AM
21 Savage
Rookie User

Now that we got Daley I'd be fine with Burmistrov or Grigorenko on a "prove it" deal OR Vanek again for one year.

21 Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Boomhower

Quote:

Neil has always been one of my favorite non Wings players... just like Trevor Daley.

Just kind of wish these dudes were brought in 5 years ago.

Old
07-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 Savage View Post
Now that we got Daley I'd be fine with Burmistrov or Grigorenko on a "prove it" deal OR Vanek again for one year.
Sign Burnistrov and see if Babcock is still obsessed with Glendening.

Maybe there is hope we could dump that contract on TO.

Old
07-01-2017, 10:29 AM
JohanFranzenstein
Mon The Biff

I want Grigorenko and/or Jagr because **** it.

JohanFranzenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 10:50 AM
chances14

doesn't appear to be a ton of interest for jagr. and we know jagr has wanted to come to Detroit in the past. could definitely see him coming here on a cheap one year deal

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 10:55 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

vCash: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by chances14 View Post
doesn't appear to be a ton of interest for jagr. and we know jagr has wanted to come to Detroit in the past. could definitely see him coming here on a cheap one year deal
I have heard the Wings weren't particularly happy with him when he flirted with them and abruptly went to Philly. Maybe that has changed. I don't think Jagr really skates well enough at this point, he cannot play with Zetterberg as we cannot stomach both on the ice and would he whine when he doesn't get the top playmaker?

He does have legendary work ethic and seems to get the young guys on his team working out so from that standpoint it might help. But they don't need to kill themselves to get him. I don't think he will have a lot of value as a deadline asset either if we do get him on a one year deal, he just cannot really play playoff pace and shifts at this point. Jagr is a legend, but realistically at this point he doesn't offer a ton. If we want a slow skating offensive player we can just bring back Vanek and we already know the fit and he is better at this point in their respective careers in my opinion.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 11:00 AM
chances14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
I have heard the Wings weren't particularly happy with him when he flirted with them and abruptly went to Philly. Maybe that has changed. I don't think Jagr really skates well enough at this point, he cannot play with Zetterberg as we cannot stomach both on the ice and would he whine when he doesn't get the top playmaker?

He does have legendary work ethic and seems to get the young guys on his team working out so from that standpoint it might help. But they don't need to kill themselves to get him. I don't think he will have a lot of value as a deadline asset either if we do get him on a one year deal, he just cannot really play playoff pace and shifts at this point. Jagr is a legend, but realistically at this point he doesn't offer a ton. If we want a slow skating offensive player we can just bring back Vanek and we already know the fit and he is better at this point in their respective careers in my opinion.
I agree. i'm not particularly interested in bringing him here. it's just a move I could definitely see Holland making if the rumors about wanting to add another forward are true

Old
07-03-2017, 06:14 AM
odin1981
There can be only 1!

vCash: 475
Just not Giradi. I know I spelled his name wrong. But just not him. Thats all I want.

odin1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 10:42 AM
chances14

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin1981 View Post
Just not Giradi. I know I spelled his name wrong. But just not him. Thats all I want.
don't worry. tampa already signed him

Old
07-03-2017, 11:28 AM
odin1981
There can be only 1!

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by chances14 View Post
don't worry. tampa already signed him
Sweet!!! TB is gonna hate having to deal with him.

odin1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Beltv

jagr. give me jagr.

Old
07-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Cranky Doodle Daddy
No quit in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltv View Post
jagr. give me jagr.

The influence he could have on the young 'uns would make it worth it. Could be this year's Vanek for us. Him and Grigorenko

Cranky Doodle Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote