HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings 2017-18 cap discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2017, 09:36 PM
  #51
lilidk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Leon Draisaitl for Mrazek and Nyquist ?

lilidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 09:44 PM
  #52
Oscar Lindberg
Registered User
 
Oscar Lindberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 3,905
vCash: 500
Hello Red Wings fans, what are your teams needs in a potential trade?

Aside from draft picks btw

Oscar Lindberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 09:46 PM
  #53
Tatar Shots
Registered User
 
Tatar Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Lindberg View Post
Hello Red Wings fans, what are your teams needs in a potential trade?

Aside from draft picks btw
Top 6 C, top pair D. No cap space for either nor assets to acquire. Well I guess they have the assets for a 2C

Tatar Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 09:52 PM
  #54
Oscar Lindberg
Registered User
 
Oscar Lindberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 3,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatar Shots View Post
Top 6 C, top pair D. No cap space for either nor assets to acquire. Well I guess they have the assets for a 2C
By top D, do you mean like current day, play on your first pairing today top D, or prospect that has the potential to be a top D?

Oscar Lindberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 09:56 PM
  #55
Tatar Shots
Registered User
 
Tatar Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Lindberg View Post
By top D, do you mean like current day, play on your first pairing today top D, or prospect that has the potential to be a top D?
I mean, the team could use any of those and are pursuing all options to improve the defense. What is it that you are trying to get at? Guessing you are after one of the Wings' centers?

Tatar Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 02:28 AM
  #56
Oddbob
Registered User
 
Oddbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Country: Canada
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
We have lost at least future SC contender on these guys:

Janmark - Jarnkrok - Nestrasil
Jurco - Nosek - Pulkkinen
Mursak - Andersson - Ferraro
Miller - Emmerton - Callahan

Quincey - Smith
Kindl - Marchenko
Lashoff - Sproul
Not one of these players is anything special. Also, Brendan Smith, who I like, and am a defender of, had a pretty good amount of time in Detroit, and most agree, the return for him, was fantastic.

Jarnkrok is solid, not core though, and look at the rest, Jurco and Pulkkinen will be back in Europe or the AHL very soon, they just aren't good enough for the NHL.

This would be a great AHL team, but most of these guys are going to be big parts of any NHL team.

Oddbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 02:30 AM
  #57
Oddbob
Registered User
 
Oddbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Country: Canada
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Lindberg View Post
Hello Red Wings fans, what are your teams needs in a potential trade?

Aside from draft picks btw
Ken Holland isn't rebuilding, apparently, so roster players would have to be what he wants. He believes, or ownership more likely, think we are a playoff team, which of course we aren't.

Oddbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 03:22 AM
  #58
hockeyisforeveryone
Registered User
 
hockeyisforeveryone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,550
vCash: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddbob View Post
Not one of these players is anything special. Also, Brendan Smith, who I like, and am a defender of, had a pretty good amount of time in Detroit, and most agree, the return for him, was fantastic.

Jarnkrok is solid, not core though, and look at the rest, Jurco and Pulkkinen will be back in Europe or the AHL very soon, they just aren't good enough for the NHL.

This would be a great AHL team, but most of these guys are going to be big parts of any NHL team.
He was being sarcastic although I'm not sure what the humor is over a list of Holland's failed draft picks that virtually no one argued should have stayed on the team.

A few actual criticisms is they were mostly over-ripened as we settled instead for players like Weiss, Richards, Samuelsson, and Cleary to keep the team just above water. Devellano called even Nielsen and Green patches. We could have evaluated and moved on from prospects with no future earlier if for no other reason than to save time retooling. Smith and Kindl were struggling far too long not to have pulled the plug seasons ago. Andersson and Emmerton were given far too much time just because they were "safe" choices. What options did the Wings neutralize because of their complacency whether it be a trade or FA signing? We'll never know.

hockeyisforeveryone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 11:03 AM
  #59
steafo
Registered User
 
steafo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to steafo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
They don't have to trade anybody.

A) someone could get injured a training season
Does this count as Franzen?
B) someone could get injured at pre-season
Does this count as Franzen?
C) waiver-free Tyler Bertuzzi could send down if no one is injured, or waive Witkowski.
D) then call Bert back, when someone will get injured at regular season.
How? I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing I just don't get it I guess. I'm hoping you can enlighten me how this works. If Franzen can be put on LTIR during training camp or during Pre-season then all of this is answered I suppose. I was under the impression that we need to be under the cap before we get LTIR relief.

Capfriendly has our cap situation as follows:

Projected Cap Space $3,517,455 without AA, Tatar, and Ouellet signed.

I assume the following cap hits for the players:
Tatar $4.750 (Same as Nyquist deal)
AA $ 2.25
XO $ 1.5

That brings us to $8.5 mil in new contracts with 3.517 million in free space leaving us to $4.98 million over the cap.

These cap numbers are with only 12 forwards up (counting AA, TT) one of which (Franzen) will not be in any of our lineups so bringing the real number of roster forwards to 11. We will send Witkowski down to the AHL so that brings us some savings but nothing close to what we would need.

Again, maybe I'm overlooking something and I definitely don't understand this enough to even be commenting but it looks to me that Holland is going to have to do make some moves no matter what. Even if management isn't high on AA or Ouellet are we really going to let them sit out? Is this a situation where we don't sign our RFA's until after opening night to stay under the cap?

steafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 11:10 AM
  #60
steafo
Registered User
 
steafo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to steafo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilidk View Post
Leon Draisaitl for Mrazek and Nyquist ?
Seriously? Are you even trying to make an even trade? How is that going to work for the Oilers. Draisaitl is one of the core members for the Oilers. Talbot is better than Mrazek and looking to be at least an OK #1. And Draisaitl is infinitely more valuable than Nyquist. This seems to be a classic example of a fantasy hockey trade proposal.

steafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 02:01 PM
  #61
lilidk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steafo View Post
Seriously? Are you even trying to make an even trade? How is that going to work for the Oilers. Draisaitl is one of the core members for the Oilers. Talbot is better than Mrazek and looking to be at least an OK #1. And Draisaitl is infinitely more valuable than Nyquist. This seems to be a classic example of a fantasy hockey trade proposal.
Both Mrazek and Hovard are very good players , just playing behind horrible defense make them looks worst than they are . Mrazek is frustrating with currant situation with team and Nyquist just not that kind of player Holland looking for now. Draisaitl probably going to make as much as those 2. Red wings is no longer puck position team , players like Nyquist going to straggle

lilidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 02:18 PM
  #62
jolly roger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: Iceland
Posts: 856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilidk View Post
Both Mrazek and Hovard are very good players , just playing behind horrible defense make them looks worst than they are . Mrazek is frustrating with currant situation with team and Nyquist just not that kind of player Holland looking for now. Draisaitl probably going to make as much as those 2. Red wings is no longer puck position team , players like Nyquist going to straggle
Mrazek is so overpaid it's sad.

And now Holland will try to **** with Tatar and AA to make up for his monumentally bad prior deals.

jolly roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 02:21 PM
  #63
jolly roger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: Iceland
Posts: 856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilidk View Post
Leon Draisaitl for Mrazek and Nyquist ?
Someone would have to be on drugs to do that deal outside of Detroit.

jolly roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 02:58 PM
  #64
canyon1
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
I am still very new to this board but do you think Holland feels pressure to be competitive since we have the Little Cesars arena opening up??? I bet we do like we did this past season and that's trade as much of our aging vets to teams that feel they are 1 piece away from pushing for a Stanley cup. If we get another draft of 10-11 picks then it has become clear what Holland is doing. Now what he does with the picks is another story but that's how I am seeing what we are doing. I know we don't have Cap Space but it would be hilarious to sign Vanek back to trade him again at the dead line. Just a thought.

canyon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 03:03 PM
  #65
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 16,981
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by canyon1 View Post
I am still very new to this board but do you think Holland feels pressure to be competitive since we have the Little Cesars arena opening up??? I bet we do like we did this past season and that's trade as much of our aging vets to teams that feel they are 1 piece away from pushing for a Stanley cup. If we get another draft of 10-11 picks then it has become clear what Holland is doing. Now what he does with the picks is another story but that's how I am seeing what we are doing. I know we don't have Cap Space but it would be hilarious to sign Vanek back to trade him again at the dead line. Just a thought.
Unless the team implodes for several seasons in a row, I think Holland feels like pushing for the playoffs every year. Whether we move anyone at the deadline for picks/prospects will depend entirely where we are in the standings. If we are sniffing a playoff spot at all, we're not dealing anyone.

__________________
Assistant GM of the Wings
Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 03:12 PM
  #66
canyon1
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Unless the team implodes for several seasons in a row, I think Holland feels like pushing for the playoffs every year. Whether we move anyone at the deadline for picks/prospects will depend entirely where we are in the standings. If we are sniffing a playoff spot at all, we're not dealing anyone.
I personally do not think we are as bad as everyone says we are... A focus on defense would get this team competitive again. Some forwards had a down year and ill be expecting a bounce back this season. I just refuse to believe that we are that bad. I like staying competitive and hate the idea of tanking a few years to hope you get good with draft picks

canyon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 05:28 PM
  #67
Red Winger 87
He's the Man(tha)
 
Red Winger 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,611
vCash: 1500
I think there's a trade coming soon. Too many D signed and not enough RFAs signed. It's as if they're waiting for something else to drop.

Arizona and New Jersey have lots of cap room and contracts to dish out, especially New Jersey, with only 32 out of 50.

Ericsson for a conditional 7th to NJ (they don't have a lot of D) or Nyquist to Arizona for a pick and a prospect (they seem to be wanting more prime-aged players now).

Red Winger 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 05:35 PM
  #68
Bruce Joker
Professor X
 
Bruce Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 13,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Lindberg View Post
Hello Red Wings fans, what are your teams needs in a potential trade?

Aside from draft picks btw
Give us smith for a first round pick

Bruce Joker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 05:36 PM
  #69
Ambassador Of Fun
Registered User
 
Ambassador Of Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Winger 87 View Post
I think there's a trade coming soon. Too many D signed and not enough RFAs signed. It's as if they're waiting for something else to drop.

Arizona and New Jersey have lots of cap room and contracts to dish out, especially New Jersey, with only 32 out of 50.

Ericsson for a conditional 7th to NJ (they don't have a lot of D) or Nyquist to Arizona for a pick and a prospect (they seem to be wanting more prime-aged players now).
Dallas would be in on Nyquist if we strike out on Radulov.

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 06:06 PM
  #70
lilidk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
Dallas would be in on Nyquist if we strike out on Radulov.
First and fourth I gess. Nyquist is the most scilled in the red wing today

lilidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 07:01 PM
  #71
Red Winger 87
He's the Man(tha)
 
Red Winger 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,611
vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
Dallas would be in on Nyquist if we strike out on Radulov.
Nyquist + Sproul for Ritchie + pick?

Or picks, say a 1st and Chicago's 4th.

Red Winger 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 06:30 PM
  #72
Lazlo Hollyfeld
Tanking
 
Lazlo Hollyfeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post


You guys understand that it is possible for a GM to make mistakes without everything he does being a mistake, yes? Or that it is possible for a GM to do something correct without everything he does being correct?

This constant need to immediately line up and castigate everything Holland does or is intimated to attempt to do has to get tedious for you all.

He's made some obvious errors, and had some obvious successes. Nuance, people. Nuance, for your own sanity's sake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Hollyfeld View Post
Which mistakes has he made?

Just curious because I'm not sure I've heard you refer to any of Holland's moves as mistakes.
*crickets*

Lazlo Hollyfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 06:58 PM
  #73
Video Coach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
Habs fan coming in peace...just checking in to see if there's any appetite in trading Zetterberg and if so, what the return would need to be.

Not sure if there's a fit but Z fits a need for Habs.

Video Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 07:08 PM
  #74
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 11,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Video Coach View Post
Habs fan coming in peace...just checking in to see if there's any appetite in trading Zetterberg and if so, what the return would need to be.

Not sure if there's a fit but Z fits a need for Habs.
It's really unlikely to happen. As team captain and a guy the current GM has said is going up in the rafters it ain't gonna happen. There's also the recapture as he could be a LTIR guy towards the end. In theory if it were to happen I could see the Wings wanting Petry and a pick, maybe a 2nd rounder.

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 07:16 PM
  #75
tsweeney
Registered User
 
tsweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run the Jewels View Post
It's really unlikely to happen. As team captain and a guy the current GM has said is going up in the rafters it ain't gonna happen. There's also the recapture as he could be a LTIR guy towards the end. In theory if it were to happen I could see the Wings wanting Petry and a pick, maybe a 2nd rounder.
Abso-****ing-lutely not.

In theory we were going to trade him, at minimum, you're looking at a 1st rounder + something really good.

I don't give a crap if Z is 35, he's a bona-fide star and is still a good #1C or a fantastic #2. No way in hell I'm interested in Jeff Petry and a 2nd if I'm trading away the face of my franchise.

tsweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.