HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leon Draisaitl Contract Talk

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2017, 07:25 PM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
I thought Carolina was broke and not getting much fans out to games, so I cant see them throwing a bunch of money at a player. San Jose maybe but thats a lot of money to throw at a player coming off 1 career year. If the team that owns his rights doesnt think he's worth that much, other teams should be wary. I like Drai but hes not worth that. Any team that thinks he is is going to be disappointed. Players regress all the time after career years that jump so far ahead from how they played in the previous season. A team could very well be paying a 60-some point player 9.6 million if he plays on a team that doesnt have Mcdavid out there taking everyone's attention
If we weren't going to have Mcdavid at 13.25M, the Draisaitl contract is an easy match for me at 9.6M. You look at Carolina and if they added a guy like Draisaitl I don't think theres any doubt they'd be competing for playoffs and maybe winning a couple rounds. Hard to get fans interested when you haven't won much since 2006. As I said not many players with Draisaitl skillset in the league. He's just a beast who can straight up out power people.

Old
06-28-2017, 07:26 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by VainGretzky View Post
I would match and trade him now when his value is at the highest . He drops to 60 points this year good luck moving that contract.
If you match an offer sheet I believe the rule is you can't trade them for one calendar year after signing the deal.

Old
06-28-2017, 07:28 PM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
I would match and trade him now when his value is at the highest . He drops to 60 points this year good luck moving that contract.
If you match an offer sheet have to keep the player for at least 1 year.

Old
06-28-2017, 07:29 PM
VainGretzky
100 million

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaabHart View Post
If you match an offer sheet have to keep the player for at least 1 year.
Why Gm's agreed to this crap is beyond me

Old
06-28-2017, 07:45 PM
Ballz

Tarasenko had better stats going into his contract and showed he could create a ton of offence all on his lonesome. Draisaitl is likely worth the same investment at 7.5M over 8 years. The cap has inched forward since Tarasenko's deal 2 years ago to make up the difference in player stats.

If the Oilers can't get 7.5M over 8 then look for a bridge contract. An OS means overspending to keep otherwise they would never work. I'd match 8.5M over 7 max, waste 1M in cap space to keep the band together. Plus no NTCs/NMCs can be a part of the a match correct? It all seems like much for a player with 1 excellent year under his belt.

Old
06-28-2017, 07:47 PM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Why Gm's agreed to this crap is beyond me
Is this really a big deal? Trading him in a year's time (or two, or not at all, depending on how things go) isn't a bad problem to have and is far more preferable than accepting 4 mid first picks.

Keep in mind Pou($4M) and RNH ($6M) are all coming off the books in a matter of years and our D situation is pretty solid too.

We are talking entirely about a hypothetical... that we *might not have much cap space the year after this one, but I don't see a the long term problem others do, especially over an 8 year term.

Old
06-28-2017, 07:50 PM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Is this really a big deal? Trading him in a year's time (or two, or not at all, depending on how things go) isn't a bad problem to have and is far more preferable than accepting 4 mid first picks.

Keep in mind Pou($4M) and RNH ($6M) are all coming off the books in a matter of years and our D situation is pretty solid too.

We are talking entirely about a hypothetical... that we *might not have much cap space the year after this one, but I don't see a the long term problem others do, especially over an 8 year term.
Talbot says hi...

Old
06-28-2017, 07:53 PM
McDeepika

Draisaitl has pretty much every skill you could want in a player. Oh and he is developing a mean streak to go a long with it. How many players in the league do you think there are like this?

How many 70 point players are capable of knocking a goon (Hathaway) out of the lineup after owning little turds like Gaudreau and Tkachuk? Do we expect RNH to deal with those guys? Give me a break.

Old
06-28-2017, 08:04 PM
J4M13M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
9M doesn't net us 4 first round picks. It gets us 2 firsts, a 2nd and a 3rd.
Again, that's only for contracts 5 years or less. If the contract is 8.2 million or more for 6 years, or 7.1 million for 7 years, it reaches max compensation.

Old
06-28-2017, 08:04 PM
Ridaman13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaabHart View Post
Talbot says hi...
What? Talbot might be really good, is a top goalie in this league and command allot of money on his next deal?????

TRADE HIM!

Old
06-28-2017, 08:32 PM
MCMIL OIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridaman13 View Post
What? Talbot might be really good, is a top goalie in this league and command allot of money on his next deal?????

TRADE HIM!
Good job you manage to prove some fans still don't understand the term "Cap Managment". Caps not going up dude. Talbot has 2 good season and is up for the Ves and we are caught paying 24mil to drai and Connor your going to have a awful hard time resigning him

Old
06-28-2017, 08:35 PM
McBigYak

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDeepika View Post
Draisaitl has pretty much every skill you could want in a player. Oh and he is developing a mean streak to go a long with it. How many players in the league do you think there are like this?

How many 70 point players are capable of knocking a goon (Hathaway) out of the lineup after owning little turds like Gaudreau and Tkachuk? Do we expect RNH to deal with those guys? Give me a break.
Man no one is doubting Draisaitls dominance this season. I am simply being cautiously optimistic about the consistency of it. Draisaitl has almost no experience, at least good experience, running the second line by himself. You are now paying him like he is a master of it.

Old
06-28-2017, 08:41 PM
Ridaman13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMIL OIL View Post
Good job you manage to prove some fans still don't understand the term "Cap Managment". Caps not going up dude. Talbot has 2 good season and is up for the Ves and we are caught paying 24mil to drai and Connor your going to have a awful hard time resigning him
Or the deal he gets now is a bargain down the road. Because I don't see how he's not the best player in the world right now and will be for a long time. And you have a #1 center in Drai on allot of other teams.

Great players cost money, in ANY SPORT. There are no stars or superstars for bargain basement prices. The age of the middle of the road 4 million dollar player is over. It's stopped being that way when McDavid got into the league. He is going to now dictate the new standard that a superstar gets paid. Success is a double edges sword.

Old
06-28-2017, 08:43 PM
Ridaman13

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBigYak View Post
Man no one is doubting Draisaitls dominance this season. I am simply being cautiously optimistic about the consistency of it. Draisaitl has almost no experience, at least good experience, running the second line by himself. You are now paying him like he is a master of it.
You know when the tide turned in the playoffs vs the Sharks? When Draisaitl manned his own line. If Pouliot and Eberle weren't as soft as butter and had scored one goal even in the series with the sharks, we might have seen a Oilers vs Preds final.

Old
06-28-2017, 08:48 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Or the deal he gets now is a bargain down the road. Because I don't see how he's not the best player in the world right now and will be for a long time. And you have a #1 center in Drai on allot of other teams.

Great players cost money, in ANY SPORT. There are no stars or superstars for bargain basement prices. The age of the middle of the road 4 million dollar player is over. It's stopped being that way when McDavid got into the league. He is going to now dictate the new standard that a superstar gets paid. Success is a double edges sword.

Look at these goofs, taking less money for some silly trophies. Bet they can't sleep at night knowing they could've made 5% more of the cap max. Their accountant must be terribly disappointed in them.

Old
06-28-2017, 08:53 PM
Ridaman13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post

Look at these goofs, taking less money for some silly trophies. Bet they can't sleep at night knowing they could've made 5% more of the cap max. Their accountant must be terribly disappointed in them.
Yes your right, what was I thinking? Obviously only superstars that take less money especially on the first contract always win a championship...... By the way, if Pouliot or Eberle scored in the last two series where do yo think we would be???

Old
06-28-2017, 08:55 PM
mullet

Try to swap with pouliot for Barrie and duchene.

Old
06-28-2017, 08:57 PM
MCMIL OIL

Quote:
You know when the tide turned in the playoffs vs the Sharks? When Draisaitl manned his own line. If Pouliot and Eberle weren't as soft as butter and had scored one goal even in the series with the sharks, we might have seen a Oilers vs Preds final.
You guys are killing me.. Draisaitl is a great hockey player this isn't the debate... but he is not worth 9-10 mil dollars. He put up 77 points next to the best player in the nhl. You don't sign one of the biggest contracts in the nhl by one season. That's not smart cap management. A year ago this guy had a limit minutes at the world cup of hockey... And you guys want to through him 10 mil dollars like it's no big deal. Know what you guys are right like just pay him Kane and toews money before the 3 cups. Sound super super smart. Man some people have no clue.

Old
06-28-2017, 08:59 PM
MCMIL OIL

Quote:

You do realize Kane and toews signed there 10.5 million dollar deals after there 3rd cup right???

Last edited by MCMIL OIL: 06-28-2017 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Nvm didn't see the writing at the bottom haha my bad
Old
06-28-2017, 09:00 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
You guys are killing me.. Draisaitl is a great hockey player this isn't the debate... but he is not worth 9-10 mil dollars. He put up 77 points next to the best player in the nhl. You don't sign one of the biggest contracts in the nhl by one season. That's not smart cap management. A year ago this guy had a limit minutes at the world cup of hockey... And you guys want to through him 10 mil dollars like it's no big deal. Know what you guys are right like just pay him Kane and toews money before the 3 cups. Sound super super smart. Man some people have no clue.
Chia just got taken to the cleaners by Kris Russell's agent.

Draisaitl's agent is licking his chops.

Chia can't manage a cap, everyone knows he throws out cap like free Halloween candy.

Old
06-28-2017, 09:02 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
You do realize Kane and toews signed there 10.5 million dollar deals after there 3rd cup right???
When Connor and Leon bring 3 Cups to Edmonton they can ask for 20 mill per/each and that'll be just swell.

Those two got huge pay days after 3 Cups. Not before. After. Leon and Connor have won *one* playoff round against a team who's best player was playing with a torn ACL AND MCL, lol.

Old
06-28-2017, 09:09 PM
MCMIL OIL

Quote:
Chia just got taken to the cleaners by Kris Russell's agent.

Draisaitl's agent is licking his chops.

Chia can't manage a cap, everyone knows he throws out cap like free Halloween candy.
Nice to see someone with some concern. I get it we all love Mcdavid and Draisaitl. They are great hockey players.. but we have the opportunity to do something real special here. Mcdavid at 13.25 is what it is.. it's going to happen but that does not mean you make your next best player the 3rd highest paid nhl after 1 good years and 1 great year. In fact it makes you do the exact opposite.. you make sure you don't over spend

Old
06-28-2017, 09:15 PM
Soundwave

Chiarelli negotiating:

Old
06-28-2017, 09:16 PM
MCMIL OIL

Quote:
When Connor and Leon bring 3 Cups to Edmonton they can ask for 20 mill per/each and that'll be just swell.

Those two got huge pay days after 3 Cups. Not before. After. Leon and Connor have won *one* playoff round against a team who's best player was playing with a torn ACL AND MCL, lol.
I usually never post but reading what some of these people are saying makes no sense.. keep hearing it's a "New Era of Nhl salaries".. What new freaking era the Cap went up 2 million. Connor deal hurt me but he's a unique case and I'm not going to lose my mind having him for 9 years but Leon Draisaitl at 10 million dollars makes about as much sense as owning a tanning salon in a nudist colony.

Old
06-28-2017, 09:17 PM
LTIR

vCash: 150
Dream\wishful scenario based on this quote: "The deal, believed to be an eight-year, $106-million pact with an average annual salary of $13.25 million, is still being negotiated.
Not done yet,” McDavid’s agent, Jeff Jackson of the Orr Hockey Group, told TSN, declining to comment further."

July 1st: Chia announces McDavid has signed a 8yrs 97M deal. Chia goes to Draisaitl camp and tells then how McDavid left ~10M on the table for the team and wants something similar from Draisiatl. Locks Drai up for 50M over 7 yrs.

Closed Thread