HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Summer Baggage Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2017, 10:20 AM
  #101
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 19,648
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IranCondraAffair View Post
Bonino to Nashville.

Duchene deal likely dead.
Like I said in the other thread, if they are out because they got Bonino they were never in to begin with.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 10:24 AM
  #102
Foppberg
Registered User
 
Foppberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Like I said in the other thread, if they are out because they got Bonino they were never in to begin with.
Agreed.

Signing a depth forward should have very little effect on a Duchene deal.

Foppberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 10:26 AM
  #103
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 15,105
vCash: 50
The Preds have never been a team to go with a really high end offense. They'll make do with Bonino in a top six role with Fisher / Jarnkrok / Sissons and so on filling out the bottom six centre spots. They're out on Duchene. I don't expect they were ever really in it, to be honest, since Sakic seems insistent on a top four D.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 10:26 AM
  #104
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,429
vCash: 500
Agreed on all account.

Also I dont think Fischer is coming back.

The guys on TSN just said the Bonino signings is a strong indicator of where Mike Fischer is at with the organization and that Bonino is probably his replacement.


Unfortunately I cant see them taking a 6M Duchene if RyJo is wanting whats been rumored.


Murray + Jenner + is looking like the return now which is very disappointing as I dont like Murray at all.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 10:28 AM
  #105
Bubba Thudd
Spinach Balls!
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 20,154
vCash: 6200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
The Preds have never been a team to go with a really high end offense. They'll make do with Bonino in a top six role with Fisher / Jarnkrok / Sissons and so on filling out the bottom six centre spots. They're out on Duchene. I don't expect they were ever really in it, to be honest, since Sakic seems insistent on a top four D.
If Sakic doesn't get a top 4 D for Dutch, he might as well take a futures package, because our D prospects are at least a few years away.

__________________
"We're not cynics, we just don't believe a word you say
We're not critics, we just hate it all anyway"
Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 10:29 AM
  #106
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B.C. Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
The Preds have never been a team to go with a really high end offense. They'll make do with Bonino in a top six role with Fisher / Jarnkrok / Sissons and so on filling out the bottom six centre spots. They're out on Duchene. I don't expect they were ever really in it, to be honest, since Sakic seems insistent on a top four D.
I think they were in it until they lost out on Alzner. Then they most likely reverted to plan B.

AllAboutAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 10:32 AM
  #107
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 15,105
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Agreed on all account.

Also I dont think Fischer is coming back.

The guys on TSN just said the Bonino signings is a strong indicator of where Mike Fischer is at with the organization and that Bonino is probably his replacement.


Unfortunately I cant see them taking a 6M Duchene if RyJo is wanting whats been rumored.


Murray + Jenner + is looking like the return now which is very disappointing as I dont like Murray at all.
I'll be pleased if Sakic gets that. Not because it's an amazing return, but because he'll have actually moved Duchene and moved the franchise forward from this goddam fiasco.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 10:35 AM
  #108
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I'll be pleased if Sakic gets that. Not because it's an amazing return, but because he'll have actually moved Duchene and moved the franchise forward from this goddam fiasco.
That's true I guess. Just really dislike Murray and I'm not convinced Jenner is an impact player either.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 10:36 AM
  #109
Foppberg
Registered User
 
Foppberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,896
vCash: 500
Funny, I've always been a big Murray fan. I still think he has potential left.

Foppberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 01:41 PM
  #110
S E P H
@SEPH_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,796
vCash: 50
I don't think Nashville improved their offence with the Bonino and Hartnell signings, but this speculation is probably dead now.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 02:58 PM
  #111
StayAtHomeAv
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I don't think Nashville improved their offence with the Bonino and Hartnell signings, but this speculation is probably dead now.
I wouldn't say that. It looks like they should still have the cap space, and they can't possibly see Bonino as a 2C.

That's if Sakic takes his head out of his ass and doesn't demand a top4 D

StayAtHomeAv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 03:15 PM
  #112
Talisman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
why you just don"t trade Duchene to Penguins!!

Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 03:16 PM
  #113
McMetal
Writer of Wrongs
 
McMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 3,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
why you just don"t trade Duchene to Penguins!!
Because they have nothing we want?

McMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 03:21 PM
  #114
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
why you just don"t trade Duchene to Penguins!!
Because they're offering terrible value?

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 05:01 PM
  #115
CB Joe
Registered User
 
CB Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,036
vCash: 544
Emelin to the Preds. I wonder if this changes anything.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 05:03 PM
  #116
forsbergavs32
Registered User
 
forsbergavs32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fresno,CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,058
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Emelin to the Preds. I wonder if this changes anything.
Duchene to Preds e8

forsbergavs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 05:04 PM
  #117
ASmileyFace
Perfect Ding Dong
 
ASmileyFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The Big CO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,889
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Emelin to the Preds. I wonder if this changes anything.
It certainly is an odd move if they aren't doing anything else.

ASmileyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 05:10 PM
  #118
Drury_Sakic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Emelin to the Preds. I wonder if this changes anything.
It has got to be close at this point, if not a done deal. Either that or they are doing another deal.

Drury_Sakic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 05:30 PM
  #119
agentblack
Registered User
 
agentblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,099
vCash: 50
I've been super critical of the Wilson deal

But if it's apart a larger NSH deal with multiple pieces we can build on then i get it

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 12:09 PM
  #120
LastWordArmy
Registered User
 
LastWordArmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,962
vCash: 450
Sakic correct to be firm on this deal.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/07/...ne-trade-saga/

LastWordArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 12:23 PM
  #121
StayAtHomeAv
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWordArmy View Post
Sakic correct to be firm on this deal.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/07/...ne-trade-saga/
"For a player of Duchene's caliber and pedigree, he needs to ask the world"

"The fan base would not accept anything less than a king’s ransom for one of the faces of the franchise. Nor should they."

A 60 point C is not worth the world or a kings ransom.

StayAtHomeAv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 12:29 PM
  #122
Patagonia
Registered User
 
Patagonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Country: Canada
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
With Radulov signing with Dallas for 6 years at $6.25M @ 31 years and Marleau for the same average for 3 year @ 38 years old; Duchene looks absolutely cheap for $6M for 2 years @ 26 years old.

Sakic better get this deal, there might not be a better time to trade him when his value has just gone up!

Patagonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 12:41 PM
  #123
the_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,729
vCash: 500
Duchene's value actually went down after Johansson went to Devils for 2nd and 3rd round pics.

More Sakic waits, lesser he's gonna get in return if he in fact trades Duchene. At the end of the day he's gonna wait too long and forced to make a panic trade, because i still don't think Duchene is gonna be willing to resign with the Avs after all this drama.

the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 12:44 PM
  #124
LieutenantDangle
Mikko Kardashian
 
LieutenantDangle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: 'Merica
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 1556
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
Duchene's value actually went down after Johansson went to Devils for 2nd and 3rd round pics.

More Sakic waits, lesser he's gonna get in return if he in fact trades Duchene. At the end of the day he's gonna wait too long and forced to make a panic trade, because i still don't think Duchene is gonna be willing to resign with the Avs after all this drama.
maybe with a NMC and too much $/term. but we dont want that

LieutenantDangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 12:44 PM
  #125
arun
Stay-at-home Sniper
 
arun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Holland
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayAtHomeAv View Post
"For a player of Duchene's caliber and pedigree, he needs to ask the world"

"The fan base would not accept anything less than a king’s ransom for one of the faces of the franchise. Nor should they."

A 60 point C is not worth the world or a kings ransom.
Also, he is not supposed to be undersold just because people on a forum are way too eager to move our best player and used to making trades in frikking NHL17 in a heartbeat.

arun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.