HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kyle Chipchura in Hamilton

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2006, 09:42 PM
  #1
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,778
vCash: 500
Kyle Chipchura in Hamilton

My first thread, here it goes...

Im glad kyle made the jump now. How has he been so far? has he played yet? how many games is he going to get? what line will he play on? does any one know?


thanks

Toro is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 09:44 PM
  #2
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,135
vCash: 500
he didn't play yet

habsprospects is online now  
Old
03-30-2006, 09:44 PM
  #3
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro
My first thread, here it goes...

Im glad kyle made the jump now. How has he been so far? has he played yet? how many games is he going to get? what line will he play on? does any one know?


thanks
He has not played yet. I assume he'll be making his Bulldogs debut tomorrow night, and since the team is out of the playoffs and all, I assume he'll dress for the remainder of the Dogs' regular season games.

Dan K is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 09:58 PM
  #4
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,778
vCash: 500
I was really happy with his play in the world juniors. I was hoping he would have been traded to a contender this year so he could have had a chance to go for a memorial cup. But now he only gets a few meaningless hamilton games.

At least he gets a taste of AHL hockey this year i guess

Toro is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 10:20 PM
  #5
SwiftyHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 559
vCash: 500
if he plays well for the dogs, any chance theyll bring him up to the habs?

SwiftyHab is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 10:23 PM
  #6
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,593
vCash: 500
There's only 8 Hamilton games left and I doubt Chipchura will get more than a handful of games with the Habs next year. Not because he isn't ready but because theres no room.

Habs13 is offline  
Old
03-31-2006, 03:27 AM
  #7
Squeaky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
The word on the street, and by street I mean I read it somewhere on the internet, is that Chipchura is having some problems with the Dogs insurance in some way or another, which is preventing him from playing with Hamilton so far. I hope he gets in there soon.

Squeaky is offline  
Old
03-31-2006, 08:41 AM
  #8
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyHab
if he plays well for the dogs, any chance theyll bring him up to the habs?
I think his chances fall somewhere between slim to none.

__________________
Hey look, it's Duffman; the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff!
Darz is offline  
Old
03-31-2006, 08:43 AM
  #9
Matrix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I think his chances fall somewhere between slim to none.
Latendresse's chances are much better (here's to Bergeron.....)

Matrix is offline  
Old
03-31-2006, 08:54 AM
  #10
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
The word on the street, and by street I mean I read it somewhere on the internet, is that Chipchura is having some problems with the Dogs insurance in some way or another, which is preventing him from playing with Hamilton so far. I hope he gets in there soon.
i thought that was old news and over the course of the past week that this issue had been solved. I expect that at some point tonight this will be confirmed, hopefully he will even play tonight. I think the only reason people think that the insurance is still an issue is because he hasn't played yet, but then the Bulldogs haven't had a game for ages. Unless im missing something here? Anyways, they have a game tonight at 7.30pm EST against Chicago, hopefully they get a result but they will be without Roy, Ferland (injuries) and MAP, Winchester (callups)

Go Dogs Go

Qui Gon Dave is offline  
Old
03-31-2006, 11:44 AM
  #11
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
MVP
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,728
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave
and MAP, Winchester (callups)
Man, that's a bummer for Kostitsyn. Those 3 together have been a rockin' line but have they played more than 20 games together? Seems like one or the 3 is always called up or injured.

Kyle better play tonight with so many bodies missing.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
03-31-2006, 12:27 PM
  #12
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Man, that's a bummer for Kostitsyn. Those 3 together have been a rockin' line but have they played more than 20 games together? Seems like one or the 3 is always called up or injured.

Kyle better play tonight with so many bodies missing.
With M.A.P. and Winchester gone, I'd love to see them try putting together Chipper and Kostits tonight. The two had some early signs of chemistry / spark when united at the rookie camp, so perhaps we could work on fostering that.

Plus, it'd be good for Chipper for next year, as while I expect Andrei to spend some time in Montreal, he may end up splitting the year half/half.

Dan K is offline  
Old
03-31-2006, 12:31 PM
  #13
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
The word on the street, and by street I mean I read it somewhere on the internet, is that Chipchura is having some problems with the Dogs insurance in some way or another, which is preventing him from playing with Hamilton so far. I hope he gets in there soon.

The word on the street was correct last week. He signed an ATO contract but his agent told him not to play cause of the fact that if he got injured then he had no insurance. Kyle did an interview during a game while under the ATO contract. Then days later he got signed officially by Gainey, so I would expect him to be in the lineup tonight since Lever doesn't have a lot of choices with Ferland, Winchester and Pouliot out and Lambert in Long Beach.

montreal is offline  
Old
03-31-2006, 01:46 PM
  #14
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,235
vCash: 256
Lets just hope he plays well and dosen't get a serious injury to start the golf season!

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
03-31-2006, 02:17 PM
  #15
barfy2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Man, that's a bummer for Kostitsyn. Those 3 together have been a rockin' line but have they played more than 20 games together? Seems like one or the 3 is always called up or injured.

Kyle better play tonight with so many bodies missing.


You took my avatar!


But I'll let it slide for a fellow Habs fan.


barfy2000 is offline  
Old
03-31-2006, 10:43 PM
  #16
SpezNc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 500
Kyle Chipchura tonight:

1st AHL GAME
1st AHL Assist
1st AHL power play point ( His 1st AHL Assist)
1st AHL Minor Penalty
Minus 1

SpezNc is offline  
Old
03-31-2006, 10:59 PM
  #17
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezNc
Kyle Chipchura tonight:

1st AHL GAME
1st AHL Assist
1st AHL power play point ( His 1st AHL Assist)
1st AHL Minor Penalty
Minus 1

znk is offline  
Old
03-31-2006, 11:02 PM
  #18
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezNc
Kyle Chipchura tonight:

1st AHL GAME
1st AHL Assist
1st AHL power play point ( His 1st AHL Assist)
1st AHL Minor Penalty
Minus 1

he was also named "sparkplug" of the game

Artyukhin* is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 09:54 AM
  #19
oli500
Registered User
 
oli500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
Latendresse's chances are much better (here's to Bergeron.....)

Man I saw that and bergeron completely lost it. and to think he was once coach. He shouldent even be on that panel. what a joke

oli500 is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 10:53 AM
  #20
RC51
Registered User
 
RC51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Chipchura changes league and does not miss a beet.
Still A point per game guy and this time in the AHL on a bad team.


RC51 is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 12:45 PM
  #21
Razorblade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
It was nice to see Chipchura on the ice last night, was about the only interesting thing in the game. He started on the 4th line with Vandermeer and Ivanans (wow) and was playing solid defensively. He was eventually moved up with Lapierre and Hunter, which turned out to be a pretty good line.

Chip also some PP and penalty kill time, and did not look out of place at all, especially for his first game. And to get a point out of it as well is just icing on the cake. The only thing I can say about him is that he needs to bulk up a bit, as he looked relatively small against the rest of the players (except for Corey Locke, lol). But other than that, I can see him being a pivotal player with the Dogs next year.

Razorblade is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 12:50 PM
  #22
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade
It was nice to see Chipchura on the ice last night, was about the only interesting thing in the game. He started on the 4th line with Vandermeer and Ivanans (wow) and was playing solid defensively. He was eventually moved up with Lapierre and Hunter, which turned out to be a pretty good line.

Chip also some PP and penalty kill time, and did not look out of place at all, especially for his first game. And to get a point out of it as well is just icing on the cake. The only thing I can say about him is that he needs to bulk up a bit, as he looked relatively small against the rest of the players (except for Corey Locke, lol). But other than that, I can see him being a pivotal player with the Dogs next year.
isnt he 6'3 200+ lbs???

znk is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 03:01 PM
  #23
SpezNc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
isnt he 6'3 200+ lbs???
I may be wrong but I guess that a 6'3 guy should be around 220 lbs...

SpezNc is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 03:54 PM
  #24
terreur
Registered User
 
terreur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,740
vCash: 500
I know what kind of player he is and everything... but what i dont know is how much time will he need to be NHL-ready? Next season in Hamilton will be enough? or will he need 2-3 season

terreur is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 04:17 PM
  #25
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by terreur
I know what kind of player he is and everything... but what i dont know is how much time will he need to be NHL-ready? Next season in Hamilton will be enough? or will he need 2-3 season
Depends how he transforms his game to the AHL right now. My guess is two seasons maximum in the AHL, but that's a guess.

Mike8 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.