HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Martin Erat Trade Value

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Jasper17

vCash: 500
Martin Erat Trade Value

What would it take for a team to get Erat in the offseason? I ask because with guys like Kariya, Sullivan, and Hartnell already established top 6 wingers in Nashville, and guys like Upshall and Radulov on their way. He seems like a guy who could be the odd man out.

What would his value be in the offseason if a team wanted to get him?

Old
03-30-2006, 10:02 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

a legit top line center.

Old
03-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
a legit top line center.
you really think you would get a top line center for a 2nd line winger?

Old
03-30-2006, 10:06 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

sorry, should have said scoring line center. I also think Erat will grow to be a top line winger, he's still young.

Old
03-30-2006, 10:07 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
a legit top line center.
While I doubt that Erat alone will get us a legit top center, I do agree that any trade we make in the offseason that involves valuable commodities needs to net us a legit top line center. We're going to have to package some serious assets, but we've got assets to burn.

Old
03-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
sorry, should have said scoring line center. I also think Erat will grow to be a top line winger, he's still young.
i do too, that is why I am asking about him. I am just not sure he will ever get his chance in Nashville with the great wingers they have on their team. I mean the kid is only averaging a little over 14+ minutes a game according to TSN.

Old
03-30-2006, 10:09 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

You think we could actually trade Kimmo after this year? Kimmo+Erat could bring back a nice piece.

Old
03-30-2006, 11:37 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
You think we could actually trade Kimmo after this year? Kimmo+Erat could bring back a nice piece.
The all important question... what piece are we talking about, though?

Old
03-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Bad Karma

The kid has a career year for goals scored and closing in on career high for assists, and trade always comes up. Hartnell being grounded on the 4th line would not back up that arguement, why are most people wanting to have an itchy trigger finger about him he's only been in the league 5 years. Upshall has shown flashes of being good but he is no more consistant than Erat, they have a contrast in playing style.

Old
03-31-2006, 12:05 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones93
The kid has a career year for goals scored and closing in on career high for assists, and trade always comes up. Hartnell being grounded on the 4th line would not back up that arguement, why are most people wanting to have an itchy trigger finger about him he's only been in the league 5 years. Upshall has shown flashes of being good but he is no more consistant than Erat, they have a contrast in playing style.
I think people are overstating Harntell's lack of playing time. He is getting 16.5 minutes a game, and 4.5 PP minutes a game. It's not first line time, but certainly a decent amount of time on the ice.

I'm certainly not up for trading Erat, unless we get a killer return. He should hit 20g in 14 minutes of ice time, and he's only begun to realize his potential. Unless the return is great, I have no interest.

Old
03-31-2006, 07:26 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I agree.

The thing that makes Erat a more tradeable asset is we have so many prospects that can play his role, like Radulov and Upshall.

If truth be known, going by this year only, Adam Hall is our weakest link on the wing.

Old
03-31-2006, 08:06 AM
harper

Quote:
I agree.

The thing that makes Erat a more tradeable asset is we have so many prospects that can play his role, like Radulov and Upshall.

If truth be known, going by this year only, Adam Hall is our weakest link on the wing.
Upshall has similar potential to Erat?

Old
03-31-2006, 08:30 AM
Jasper17

Quote:
why are most people wanting to have an itchy trigger finger about him he's only been in the league 5 years.
Honestly, because I am a Capitals fan and I think Erat would be a great fit on the wing opposite Ovechkin. I think he is exactly the kind of player the Caps want to play with Ovy. Not a star, but good enough to skate with him. And at his age and his salary he looks very attractive to me.

Old
03-31-2006, 10:43 AM
Bad Karma

Him being a streaky player that he is makes me wonder why Trotz does not put him back up with Kariya and Sillinger, since Tootoo is not scoring.

Old
03-31-2006, 10:49 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Him being a streaky player that he is makes me wonder why Trotz does not put him back up with Kariya and Sillinger, since Tootoo is not scoring.
Trotz wants a banger on each line to create space.

I did not say Upshall had Erat's potential, I said play the same roles. However, their potential is not far off from each other, and I do think Upshall can duplicate the numbers Erat is putting up as of now, eventually (45-50 points). Upshall is not just a banger, he's one of the better skaters on the team and has decent hands.

Old
03-31-2006, 11:05 AM
Bad Karma

What good does having a banger on the line if he only plays 10 minutes or less a game his (Tootoo) most ice time this year is 13:11 that was against Van on the 9th, that approach isn't doing the job IMO.

Old
03-31-2006, 11:56 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Trotz wants a banger on each line to create space.
Trotz is an interesting coach. He likes to have versatility on each line with size, speed, etc. but he has no problems with grouping defenseman together that play like-minded games (Suter/Hamhuis, Timonen/Zidlicky, Eaton/Markov).

There are times that I would love to see us throw an all-speed line like Kariya - Legwand - Erat. There isn't a lot of muscle there, but there is only a handful of D-pairings in the NHL that opposing coaches would feel confident about in that matchup. When the game is bogging down and our team isn't playing with the jump that it usually does, that line could be the spark. At the very least, it should open up the game a little more and hopefully get the end-to-end action going.

Old
03-31-2006, 12:10 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
What would it take for a team to get Erat in the offseason?
I can't think of what we'd want from Washington.

I'd be beyond pissed if we gave him up for a 2nd rd pick or non-blue chip prospect. We would take your 1st rd pick this year, though

Old
03-31-2006, 12:57 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
I can't think of what we'd want from Washington.

I'd be beyond pissed if we gave him up for a 2nd rd pick or non-blue chip prospect. We would take your 1st rd pick this year, though
i'll give you a first round pick this year for him, it will be the one you gave us for Witt though. Hell we will even send Beech back, someone said you were looking for a top line center. They were not specific on in they wanted an NHL or AHL center though.

Old
03-31-2006, 01:36 PM
Bad Karma

A first pick for Erat who was only a 6th rd pick in the draft he came out of.... you guys can keep Beech he has no future in this ogranization.

Old
03-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I'd rather hold onto Erat and try to package him with a useful defenseman to get some sort of top 2 center coming back this way ... this draft is VERY top heavy ... and very hit/miss when you get past the top 10-14

Old
03-31-2006, 02:02 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
A first pick for Erat who was only a 6th rd pick in the draft he came out of.... you guys can keep Beech he has no future in this ogranization.
I don't care when he was drafted, i can about how good he is. Hell if you only want a 5th rd pick back thats not a problem.

Old
03-31-2006, 02:05 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
I don't care when he was drafted, i can about how good he is. Hell if you only want a 5th rd pick back thats not a problem.
Right, "it's not where you're from, it's where you're at" He was a still even for a 3rd round pick.

Closed Thread