HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has Time Come Today?

View Poll Results: Should We Can Trotz' Arse?
Yes 5 26.32%
No 14 73.68%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 07:01 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

vCash: 500
Has Time Come Today?

Is it time to Fire Barry "look like a statue" Trotz?

The guy has no emotion, and he doesn't have a game plan either

Who would you make coach if you voted yes, and if you voted no, give me an explanation, I'm dying to hear it.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:22 PM
PredsMan

I'd hire Melrose.

He has had some success as a coach, and he digs working with young players.

He has some passion, that might flow into our players.

He has some "name" recognition, that might interest some of the more casual fans here.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
sure, fire him....but we MUST hire someone with a mullet....the only way i'll agree!

Old
11-07-2003, 07:39 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

honestly, i don't think firing trotz will even do any good. why? because it's not like we'll go out and hire ted nolan to come in. we'll simply promote peterson and hire an unknown to take his spot. doing so wouldn't change our results dramatically, because a lot of the old systems would still be in place. the wholesale change we're looking for is impossible with poile's philosophies.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Boy, Nolan sure would be great here though, this is his type of team, hard workers no super stars.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
i swear...mullet's are the key

Old
11-07-2003, 07:58 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Boy, Nolan sure would be great here though, this is his type of team, hard workers no super stars.
i agree wholeheartedly. i think that if we fired trotz and hired nolan...tomorrow...we'd miss the playoffs this year...as nolan and the team got to know each other's styles and ethics...but next year(or season,whichever comes first) would be the start of a new predators era.
won't happen, though. not unless nolan is desperate to come back...desperate enough to make way less money than he was.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:59 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
I voted no for the same reasons that nomorekids said, better to wait until the CBA is done and over before canning Trotz. That way the new coach can have time to implement his system, and we don't end up with the same lame PP and etc.. As for a coaching replacement, how about Keenan, he'd light a fire under the boys. :p

Old
11-07-2003, 08:20 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

if nolan grows a mullet

Old
11-07-2003, 09:17 PM
dulzhok

It's more a talent and expirence problem than a coaching problem.

Old
11-07-2003, 10:38 PM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I honestly think that if they fired Trotz they would not hire Peterson but rather Horachek. In fact, I think that if Trotz doesn’t get this team to the playoffs in the next 2 seasons Horachek will be the coach. He has had great success at every level he has been, from ECHL, IHL, AHL. He’s a very intense coach, he knows some of our players well. Erat did well under him last year and we see how well he is playing so far this year.

Mark my words, whenever we have our 2nd coach, it will be Horachek.

If I’m wrong, you all misread what I said! :p

Old
11-08-2003, 06:29 AM
smashviller

vCash:
Everyone complains about how bad the PP is, and suggest that Horachek take over for Trotz-- when Horachek is the one coaching the PP.

I dont know whether we should fire Trotz or not.
but I do know this-
Melrose is a Jak@ss

Old
11-08-2003, 07:08 AM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
Well Horachek may run the PP, but its been the same lame ass approach before this year, it's very predictable, it's either going to try and setup a one timer between Zids and Timmo or they throw it in the corner and try to throw it across the net to the backdoor. But the puck gets block off the one timer or the pass never makes it to the backdoor.

Old
11-08-2003, 03:20 PM
dulzhok

The problem with the PP is that we don't have offensively talented forwards. That's why Kimmo and Zid have to run things the way they do. If we leave it up to our forwards to make the play, it will more than likely end up in a turnover.

Honestly, with the injury to Johansson, I would seriously look into getting Ronning for cheap. He is the most consistent offensive player this team has ever seen. He is excellent on the PP. I'd like to see him work with Zid and Kimmo.

Old
11-09-2003, 02:26 AM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
I honestly think that if they fired Trotz they would not hire Peterson but rather Horachek. In fact, I think that if Trotz doesnít get this team to the playoffs in the next 2 seasons Horachek will be the coach. He has had great success at every level he has been, from ECHL, IHL, AHL. Heís a very intense coach, he knows some of our players well. Erat did well under him last year and we see how well he is playing so far this year.

Mark my words, whenever we have our 2nd coach, it will be Horachek.

If Iím wrong, you all misread what I said! :p

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! I've thought this too since Horachek was hired. He has won on several levels, seems like a tough guy but the players like him. Remember Erat's comments about his time in an Ads jersey last year?

But I disagree with the comment that Trotz has no emotion. He just doesn't show it on the bench. He saves it for the "room". Anybody ever see former Cowboys coach Tom Landry show emotion? Heck, he never even blinked! How many games did he win after the early years?

Old
11-09-2003, 11:22 PM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
But I disagree with the comment that Trotz has no emotion. He just doesn't show it on the bench. He saves it for the "room". Anybody ever see former Cowboys coach Tom Landry show emotion? Heck, he never even blinked! How many games did he win after the early years?
Yeah. In the recap of the Detroit game in the paper it said that Trotz and some vets gave some very motivating speeches to help rally the team. It’s kind of like Greg Johnson; cool on the ice but who knows how he is in the locker room.

By the way, I did vote no to firing Trotz.

Old
11-10-2003, 04:27 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd take Ted Nolan over Trotz real quick, but I don't think it's time to fire him yet. Last years playoff run bought him until Thanksgiving, now let's see what he can do.

Old
11-10-2003, 04:41 AM
PredsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! I've thought this too since Horachek was hired. He has won on several levels, seems like a tough guy but the players like him. Remember Erat's comments about his time in an Ads jersey last year?

Exactly right.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Trotz a couple years ago, and I asked him about his lack of emotion on the bench.

To paraphrase: " I do get upset, but I feel it's in poor taste to let it fly on the bench. I don't think that type of thing the fans should see. It's unprofessional. I let them know how I feel in the locker room."

Closed Thread