HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Confirmed via Twitter: Dennis K Morgan remains unsigned

Old
07-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Drake744
Tennessweden

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Interesting.

If his contract specifically stated that he was to sing the anthem for playoff games, not just be compensated for singing the anthem with tickets or money or what have you, and the Preds acknowledged they were violating the contract, then maybe he has a legitimate gripe.

Without seeing the actual contract, though, it's still he said they said at this point.

To his point about the players and how they play the whole year and being in the playoffs is a reward of sorts (violins)...yeah, but every night they can be a healthy scratch, too.
I don't care how much of a gripe he has, it's stupid that he thinks he needs to speak out about it. No one cares.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Legionnaire11
#2 Draft Pick

vCash: 500
How does doing Toronto media help?

He might have a legitimate complaint, but he sure doesn't know how to handle it.

Legionnaire11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Drake744
Tennessweden

vCash: 344
He also said that they were the only station that has asked him to come discuss it, and at the same time today the Midday 180 adamantly said they contacted him to get him on the show when it was actually a story but he never responded.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 04:09 PM
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope

Who knows. I can understand his annoyeance if he really did have a contract saying he would be the anthem singer for the playoffs, especially if he was financially compensated per game and lost that money.

Equally, however, you sometimes have to put ego aside for the betterment of a situation. Which is what he should've done here.

I do, however, feel like he got played by the Tenesseean as someone who has done light media relations work with them before, I can confirm it is a den of vipers over there.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 04:09 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 50
Good heavens, his 15 minutes is LOOONNNGGG past up, isn't it?

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Legionnaire11
#2 Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post
I do, however, feel like he got played by the Tenesseean as someone who has done light media relations work with them before, I can confirm it is a den of vipers over there.
I mean, they can spin things and they can push an interview in whatever direction they want, but the quotes are still his to own and even without the context of the Tennessean narrative, his quotes on their own would have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Legionnaire11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 05:02 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I don't care how much of a gripe he has, it's stupid that he thinks he needs to speak out about it. No one cares.
Exactly correct- and anyway, from what I've heard, it was in the contract that he could be replaced for special events/occasions.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 06:08 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

vCash: 50
Oh my god. After hearing the interview, I feel bad for this guy. There is a level of persecution and egomania here that is really very tragic. Talking about his family supporting him and how his name has been dragged through the mud. Just wow.

bdub24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub24 View Post
Oh my god. After hearing the interview, I feel bad for this guy. There is a level of persecution and egomania here that is really very tragic. Talking about his family supporting him and how his name has been dragged through the mud. Just wow.

Really.

The only person who is bringing this up is Dennis K. Morgan and the only reason his name is "being dragged through the mud" (and really it isn't, we're all just laughing at his lack of self awareness) is because he keeps turning the hose onto the dirt pile.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Preds Partisan
Gunga galunga

Blank this guy. He is as much of a clown as Angel Hernandez is to MLB. Get some help.

Preds Partisan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Really.

The only person who is bringing this up is Dennis K. Morgan and the only reason his name is "being dragged through the mud" (and really it isn't, we're all just laughing at his lack of self awareness) is because he keeps turning the hose onto the dirt pile.
Exactly, the only reason it was even a story was because he shot his mouth off to begin with.

If he keeps his mouth shut he still has a job, and he could talk to them about it behind the scenes.

No one cares if you've been drug through the mud if you had already dove into the mud pile head first.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 08:09 PM
braindead

Anchorman. It's the classic mistake of confusing recognition with celebrity and equating celebrity with adoration... or even interest. Hint: if you have a day job you probably aren't a celebrity. He failed to recognize that it's all people know about him so they make it a center of conversation with him for lack of any easier topic. On the other hand, Preds likely hired him solely for the convenience of not having to book different volunteers like they did the first few years.

Carrying an inflated ego and insecure, he vastly overestimates actual level of interest in him. Now fade away anchorman.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 10:02 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
The only scenario where I see that Morgan has a legit gripe is if his contract specified that he would sing at playoff games, and there wasn't explicit language in the contract that allowed for the team to elect to replace him at their discretion, and he feels like missing out on the exposure of the playoffs cost him an opportunity to further his career as a singer in general, then he has a case. But if that was true he should be having his lawyer discussing compensation from the Preds for damages, not publicly whining in the press.

07-08-2017, 01:32 AM
sparkle twin
Love you, Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Exactly correct- and anyway, from what I've heard, it was in the contract that he could be replaced for special events/occasions.
I remember reading this in the original Tennessean article as well. It said his contract said something to the effect of he would sing in the playoffs, unless the team had the opportunity to get an established singer/superstar to sing. Which is why I don't understand why he's so upset about this, he knew he could be replaced.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope

Who knows. Who cares. On to next season.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2017, 08:18 AM
FossilFndr

I think he will get his wish

FossilFndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2017, 09:32 AM
klt2001

This guy just needs to stop talking to the media if he wants to continue his career of singing the national anthem as he is just digging himself a bigger hole ever time he talks to them. The media is just using him to start drama/controversy and he fell for it line and sinker. The only person to blame is himself. If he had an issue he should have taken it up w/ his employer behind closed doors. Talking to the media about it just to stop people from asking him how it feels to be passed up by well known singers to sing the anthem instead of him probably wasn't the best idea. He created this mess/drama so he has to deal w/ the consequences of it. The only person airing out his business is him so the only person to be blamed for drawing this negative attention/press to himself is himself. If the media twisted his words or took it out of context to make him look bad or create drama that wasn't there/intended then he either needs to be more careful w/ his words when he talks to the media or not talk to them at all otherwise he just comes across as a disgruntled employee complaining or at least that is the narrative the media is trying to create (see the headlines from the post above me for example) even if that wasn't his intention. Now he is having to back track to try to explain himself to make himself not look like the bad guy in this matter but it isn't helping him out but just adding to the drama/creating more headlines/negative attention to himself and not helping his cause to get signed somewhere even if the media is twisting his words to make him sound worse than what he really said or meant to say. Well he got his 15 mins of fame but was it worth it? The old saying "Any press is better than no press" isn't always correct as bad press can come to bite you in the butt and do you more harm than good sometimes.

Last edited by klt2001: 07-10-2017 at 07:43 PM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2017, 09:38 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
He'll always be that whinny ass that used to sing the Anthem.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2017, 09:51 AM
LCPreds

I do believe he got played (as stated in the audio clip). It's just too bad he wasn't able to figure out how to deflate the situation once it got out of control.

(This story is a good example of why companies have people responsible for media relations and tell other employees to basically keep their mouth shut.)

LCPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2017, 09:57 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPreds View Post
I do believe he got played (as stated in the audio clip). It's just too bad he wasn't able to figure out how to deflate the situation once it got out of control.

(This story is a good example of why companies have people responsible for media relations and tell other employees to basically keep their mouth shut.)
This guy evidently didn't get the memo or a crash course on how to deal w/ the media one o' one.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2017, 09:08 PM
adsfan

Don't pick up Rhonda from Milwaukee! She takes about 4 minutes to sing the National Anthem.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2017, 10:12 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Don't pick up Rhonda from Milwaukee! She takes about 4 minutes to sing the National Anthem.
Do we have Rhonda on a two-way contract? The sudden loss of Dennis K. highlights the need to have a singer ready in Milwaukee who can come up and give us quality minutes.

Maybe after this blows over, Poile and give Dennis K. a two-way deal, put him back in Milwaukee, and let him work his way back to The Show.

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2017, 12:32 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
You guys can call up Mandy Moore from Milwaukee (not that Mandy Moore). She's pretty good.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2017, 07:13 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
If Milwaukee was going to feed us non hockey talent we'd have had Aaron Simms (?) as our PBP man instead of Willie

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2017, 08:52 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
You guys can call up Mandy Moore from Milwaukee (not that Mandy Moore). She's pretty good.
Thanks AF24, I could not remember her name yesterday. Mandy Moore is pretty good! There is a brief Youtube video of her singing the anthem in 2007. Now she is Mandy Stadler, since she got married.

Last edited by adsfan: 07-09-2017 at 09:02 AM.
adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote