HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

#92 Jonathan Drouin

Old
07-05-2017, 08:08 PM
HabsFather
Twitter: @HabsFather

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhabs View Post
Uhhhh, I hope Drouin doesn't learn how to become an nhl player from Pacioretty. No celebrations and only perimeter plays.
I hope Drouin plays with Galchenyuk and Lekhonen. Pacioretty with Gallagher and acquired C. Makes the top 6 tolerable with the loss of Radulov.
When they play together and light it up you will change that tune. They be exciting to watch.

HabsFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2017, 08:10 PM
jayhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFather View Post
When they play together and light it up you will change that tune. They be exciting to watch.
Pacioretty has never been an exciting player to watch. I would put Galchenyuk and Drouin together and watch the magic unfold....

jayhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2017, 08:31 PM
Habs100

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhabs View Post
Pacioretty has never been an exciting player to watch. I would put Galchenyuk and Drouin together and watch the magic unfold....

Our two best shooters are Pacioretty and Galchenyuk. Our two best playmakers are Drouin and Hemsky. So Patches should play with Drouin or Hemsky and Galchenyuk should play with whoever of the two Patches doesn't play with.

But I like a veteran with a young player personally. But the chemistry on the ice will determine who plays with who.

Pacioretty Danault Drouin

Byron Galchenyuk Hemsky

Lehkonen Plekanec Gallagher

Hudon McCarron Shaw/Mitchell/De la Rose

That is so much uglier than it would be with Radulov...
It still seems like we have one extra top 9 forward. I think Bergevin will try to trade two wingers for a center. Perhaps RNH or Marchessault.

Habs100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 11:48 AM
Victorius

Some folks are doubting Drouin's character and are minimizing his value because he walked away from his team for half a season because he did not wnat to play at AHL level.....

One HoF goalie and now a Canadian Senator, refused to play a WHOLE season because of some $$$ differences back in the 70's... His name: Ken Dryden.

Victorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 11:51 AM
get25

vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs100 View Post
Our two best shooters are Pacioretty and Galchenyuk. Our two best playmakers are Drouin and Hemsky. So Patches should play with Drouin or Hemsky and Galchenyuk should play with whoever of the two Patches doesn't play with.

But I like a veteran with a young player personally. But the chemistry on the ice will determine who plays with who.

Byron Galchenyuk Hemsky

It still seems like we have one extra top 9 forward. I think Bergevin will try to trade two wingers for a center. Perhaps RNH or Marchessault.
I see three two way players who should be spread over top-9:
Danault, Lehkonen, Plekanec.

get25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 11:54 AM
76ftw

vCash: 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorius View Post
Some folks are doubting Drouin's character and are minimizing his value because he walked away from his team for half a season because he did not wnat to play at AHL level.....

One HoF goalie and now a Canadian Senator, refused to play a WHOLE season because of some $$$ differences back in the 70's... His name: Ken Dryden.
They doubt his character and minimilize his value because they want him to suck so they can be "right" about Bergevin it's that simple

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 01:56 PM
ChikN

So happy this guy is with us... Even if we don't go far (as usual) at least we'll get to see some spectacle, highlight reel goals and hopefully a more entertaining brand of hockey. But for this to work they have to let him play his game... Yes he'll turn over the puck sometimes, yes he'll be cought cheating towards the Ozone, BUT PLEASE DO NOT MAKE HIM ANOTHER 2 WAY CLONE that's destined for 45 points and stellar D play.

Tired that every offensive player we have has to become some kind of 2 way god...

ChikN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
They doubt his character and minimilize his value because they want him to suck so they can be "right" about Bergevin it's that simple
90% of the board, including Bergevin's "haters", praised the trade. Give it a rest.

If anyone changed their tune overnight, it's the people that were praising Bergevin earlier in the season when he said he wouldn't trade Sergachev, only to trade him a few weeks later.

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Not The One

This is such a fantastic trade.

I just wish MB could have pulled the trigger BEFORE the trade deadline. The playoffs would have been totally different.

Not The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 02:57 PM
japhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs100 View Post

Byron Galchenyuk Hemsky

No way Gallagher plays behind Hemsky. He had a tough go last year but is still a 20/30 threat. I think MB was willing to let Rads walk because he knows his RW depth is pretty good with Drouin and Gally 1/2. Both are under 25 and have produced similar production to Rads in arguably harder minutes, at least in Gally's case.

Gally was on pace for 30/30 two years ago at 23. Still young and very likely he bounces back - was great in the playoffs.

japhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Belial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by japhi View Post
No way Gallagher plays behind Hemsky. He had a tough go last year but is still a 20/30 threat. I think MB was willing to let Rads walk because he knows his RW depth is pretty good with Drouin and Gally 1/2. Both are under 25 and have produced similar production to Rads in arguably harder minutes, at least in Gally's case.

Gally was on pace for 30/30 two years ago at 23. Still young and very likely he bounces back - was great in the playoffs.
It's all about line composition IMO. And there's too much emphasis on line numbers. If we can have 4 strong lines, everybody will get a fair amount of ice time.

Belial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 03:19 PM
japhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
It's all about line composition IMO. And there's too much emphasis on line numbers. If we can have 4 strong lines, everybody will get a fair amount of ice time.
I agree but why would you put two goal scorers in Leks and Gally with Pleks? And between Byron, Hemsky and Galch who is going to retrieve pucks and forecheck? Hemsky and AG are both perimeter players and Byron is tiny.

Who knows where the lines end up but Gally is really underated right now. He was a legit top line winger prior to his injury. If pucks start going in for him this year and he reverts back to the mean I think he's our third best goal scorer and Max and AG.

japhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Belial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by japhi View Post
I agree but why would you put two goal scorers in Leks and Gally with Pleks? And between Byron, Hemsky and Galch who is going to retrieve pucks and forecheck? Hemsky and AG are both perimeter players and Byron is tiny.

Who knows where the lines end up but Gally is really underated right now. He was a legit top line winger prior to his injury. If pucks start going in for him this year and he reverts back to the mean I think he's our third best goal scorer and Max and AG.
Gally is not really a goal scorer, he scores goals but he's not your typical goal scorer, he's a net crasher rebound/deflection master.

You can put him on any line and as long as the puck gets to the net he will be effective IMO.

Belial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2017, 12:08 AM
S Bah

A trueblue Hab throughout is what I see, Gallagher most resembles all those forgotten Habs that were the heart & soul of those great teams. This in no way is meant to take away from the star players whom to a man played like that every shift!!!... I know I've watched every one of those teams since the 50's dynasty(5Yrs. SCC's), marvelled at how each team could continue producing in those times, absolute dedication is the only answer!!!...

Sorry Johnathan, I can barely contain my enthusiasm, at the surprising turn of events that have brought us another great talent, in the Grand Pursuit, Go Drouin Go!!!............................................. .........

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2017, 12:31 AM
Runner77

vCash: 3339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
90% of the board, including Bergevin's "haters", praised the trade. Give it a rest.

If anyone changed their tune overnight, it's the people that were praising Bergevin earlier in the season when he said he wouldn't trade Sergachev, only to trade him a few weeks later.
Duderino is bang on with this. Proof that when MB pulls a favorable move, the posting base of HF is capable of discernment.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2017, 01:04 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Duderino is bang on with this. Proof that when MB pulls a favorable move, the posting base of HF is capable of discernment.
Anyone that sees him play or has seen him play, that doesn't grasp his absolutely beautiful talent. I truly feel for them, as a fanatical hockey person, it's a glorious day for Habs fans & hockey in general. Much as Edmonton views Connor McDavid(Actually had to think on that for a few seconds.) such is watching Johnathan Drouin's abilities to amaze with his talents. Ain't Hockey Great!!!....

God Bless Canada & Hockey, as I'm sure he's happy with it Too!!!...

Old
07-09-2017, 01:16 AM
Runner77

vCash: 3339
Bergevin has to count his blessings that he was able to deal for Drouin before Radulov bolted. It's no secret, the Habs needed offense and to get it in the form of a talented young player like Drouin, makes him a prime source of fan attention next season.

Drouin and Galchenyuk together, raises the potential peformance and entertainment levels, another notch.

Now let's see if something is being done about adding a bona fide no. 1C or if one of the above will be given the opportunity to be a center.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2017, 01:47 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Bergevin has to count his blessings that he was able to deal for Drouin before Radulov bolted. It's no secret, the Habs needed offense and to get it in the form of a talented young player like Drouin, makes him a prime source of fan attention next season.

Drouin and Galchenyuk together, raises the potential peformance and entertainment levels, another notch.

Now let's see if something is being done about adding a bona fide no. 1C or if one of the above will be given the opportunity to be a center.
I'm quite sure that Bergevin is ecstatic about being able to bring Drouin to Montreal, probably thanks God for being so generous. As for Radulov I'm sure also they are very good friends and always will be, great Hab & trusting GM whose abilities to perceive a personality, is exceptional. Another reason our team is becoming great again, as it has through history. The Habs are a team whose history was built, not by chest pounding but by hard working people throughout the organization. Ones that overcame every obstacle in their way, not by one person's actions but as a team, from the top to the bottom, from the bottom through the top, as one with one ideal. Despite all the pomp and grandeur that outsiders(Fans,etc.) they had as one to be the best they could, everyone. Now thanks to watching their resolve, so many lives throughout the world, has a huge standard to overcome, as all humanity strives to accomplish, just my opinion, I think Don Cherry would agree. Canada & Hockey are outstanding, as are the Habs in an entertaining subtle way, leaders for the world. Much greater than a mere great sport!!!...

Old
07-09-2017, 08:05 AM
Adam Michaels

Quote:

I don't think he needs to count his blessings because that was all calculated. He definitely wanted to add Drouin to Radulov. But MB knew that Radulov wanted to test free agency. So he got proactive and got a player who can replace him should Radulov sign elsewhere. He didn't wait to see what Radulov will decide before he made a move to replace him.

Adam Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2017, 09:31 AM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:

Drouin and "New City Gas" together is asking for trouble. They'll get hemmed in their own zone and create a ridiculous amount of turnovers.

Keep them apart, both on and off the ice please. Just play Galchenyuk at C with Gallagher and Lehkonen, shelter them, make him look good, and jump on the first opportunity to ship his ass for a proper top-6 C.

Son Oncle Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2017, 11:02 AM
paddy

This guy is cocky in a good way. Guys like this perform during the playoffs because they always believe they can make a difference. He'll have no problem handling the Montreal "pressure".

His attitude reminds me of Cammy. They've got mojo. Mojo is needed in the playoffs.

paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2017, 12:42 PM
KawaYui

We should be able to in all our 3 on 3 overtime games this upcoming season with Drouin - Galchenyuk

KawaYui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2017, 01:53 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
This guy is cocky in a good way. Guys like this perform during the playoffs because they always believe they can make a difference. He'll have no problem handling the Montreal "pressure".

His attitude reminds me of Cammy. They've got mojo. Mojo is needed in the playoffs.
Great comparison!

And when you add the fact that this is the Habs, from his POV...I mean, we have a legit star on our team, as I think we will with Galchenyuk. Sure, we could do with more, but no doubt Drouin will elevate this team and be exciting af to watch.

That's what makes the Radulov loss even worse. The prospect of two lines of that. Amazing how we went from IMO potentially one of the most improved teams to one that is widely regarded as treading water. This is assuming Markov doesn't bolt.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaYui View Post
We should be able to in all our 3 on 3 overtime games this upcoming season with Drouin - Galchenyuk

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post

Kid's a gamer man

we're gonna love him

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote