HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Avs sign Yakupov

Old
07-14-2017, 01:35 AM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

vCash: 500
If he hits double digits in goals I'll be shocked. I still think this experiment will end in failure, but I don't really begrudge them for trying it.

At the very least he won't be anywhere as slow and soft as Grigo, that's already a big plus.

Pokecheque is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 01:50 AM
agentblack

vCash: 50
If only you could combine the two

Grigopov or Yakupenko

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 12:00 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokecheque View Post
Yep, agreed, and it's not even an argument--those two characteristics are far more important than anything else when it comes to shooting. Nonetheless, Yak's shot is at least impressive, that's one thing I remember about him the few times I've watched him play.

Then he'll remind me of Derek Morris I'm sure.

He had a deadly shot no doubt, but it wasn't particularly powerful. NOT a slight BTW, it was more Sakic than it was Hull, that's all.

Ryan O'Reilly had a deceptively powerful one-timer but I still wouldn't call it particularly fearsome.

I guess I'm always in awe of players in the NHL with powerful shots because, as a player, shooting was probably the weakest part of my game. The goalie has time to make coffee and do his taxes by the time my "cannon" from the point reaches him. Also, I feel like opposing shot blockers are more than willing to throw themselves in front of anything EJ or Barrie have to offer. EJ in particular seems to take WAY too long to get shots off. If they can put a guy on the point on the man-advantage who will at least make those would-be blockers think twice then that's something of value. I can still remember Chris Drury attempting to block an Al MacInnis shot and it broke his stick clean in two.
Il Duce was more of a wrist shot guy anyways. Sakic even said Hejduk had the best wrist on the team in 2001. Hejduk could be at a stand still and unleash a wicked wrist shot. He had a good clapper but it wasn't a Hull or Stamkos sort of shot for sure. Yaks shot would be a weapon for sure if we played with Soccer nets.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 02:28 PM
tucker3434

I didn't watch the whole thing, just caught the theme. Man he's one-timer/rebound kinda guy. But we really could use that. We don't have many finishers. Duchene could certainly use one.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 03:27 PM
the_fan

What i've noticed the most after watching that video is almost after every goal he scored, announcers saying that's his first goal in 6 games, his first goal in 7 games and so on....

That's pretty much what we'll be hearing again with the Avs, except this time it might be his first goal in a month or 2 months since he scored 3 goals in his first 2 games of the season

the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 03:38 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
What i've noticed the most after watching that video is almost after every goal he scored, announcers saying that's his first goal in 6 games, his first goal in 7 games and so on....

That's pretty much what we'll be hearing again with the Avs, except this time it might be his first goal in a month or 2 months since he scored 3 goals in his first 2 games of the season
Unless Bedbath developed some outstanding offensive system in the off-season we'll be hearing this for everyone

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 03:45 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Unless Bedbath developed some outstanding offensive system in the off-season we'll be hearing this for everyone
Lol, in ours it will be interrupting a McNab tangent about McDavid, Laine or Kane.

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 04:40 PM
LieutenantDangle
Mikko Kardashian

vCash: 1556
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
Lol, in ours it will be interrupting a McNab tangent about McDavid, Laine or Kane.
let's not forget his man crush Johnny Hockey.... man could you imagine what would happen if by some miracle the avs acquired Goudreau?

LieutenantDangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 04:51 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by LieutenantDangle View Post
let's not forget his man crush Johnny Hockey.... man could you imagine what would happen if by some miracle the avs acquired Goudreau?
Lol, that too.

"...Oilers were actually going to give McDavid 18 million but the CBA wouldn't allow it, Gretzky even personally called the league to ask. So they settled on something like 13, 13.5 million but McDavid said I just don't feel comfortable with that, how would it look if there wasn't any money to pay my teammates. So you know what McDavid did? He actually took less (knee slapping laugh). Can you believe that, 20 years old took less than what they were offering him. So McDavid is going to make only 12.5 and allow the Oilers to sign...oh hey speaking of Edmonton was another first overall of theirs, Nail Yapykov who just scored a goal for the Avalanche. Mike, was that even his first power play goal too? That's right, there was a penalty, looks like the Avalanche are right on their way to turning around that power play percentage from last year, the worst in the league. Yakupov has been a great addition for that"

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 05:01 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Lol, that too.

"...Oilers were actually going to give McDavid 18 million but the CBA wouldn't allow it, Gretzky even personally called the league to ask. So they settled on something like 13, 13.5 million but McDavid said I just don't feel comfortable with that, how would it look if there wasn't any money to pay my teammates. So you know what McDavid did? He actually took less (knee slapping laugh). Can you believe that, 20 years old took less than what they were offering him. So McDavid is going to make only 12.5 and allow the Oilers to sign...oh hey speaking of Edmonton was another first overall of theirs, Nail Yapykov who just scored a goal for the Avalanche. Mike, was that even his first power play goal too? That's right, there was a penalty, looks like the Avalanche are right on their way to turning around that power play percentage from last year, the worst in the league. Yakupov has been a great addition for that"
You forgot to say "...this is as good as ______"

McNab always says that...well, not so much last year.

Scouting the NHL Draft
www.thehockeyprospector.com
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 05:02 PM
ASmileyFace
Perfect Ding Dong

Quote:
Lol, that too.

Perfect.

ASmileyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 05:41 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Lol, that too.

hahaha wow. I cant.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 06:54 PM
LieutenantDangle
Mikko Kardashian

vCash: 1556
just read that entire thing and in my head heard his voice. spot on

LieutenantDangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 10:29 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 450
Quote:
Lol, that too.

It's Gold tiger, GOLD!

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote