Game Thread: Montreal @ Boston l 10/30/03 l 7 ET l NESN

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 04:37 PM
neelynugs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
This is dedicated to Johhny V. Bruins outshot and lose. Shut out by Theodore. Reminds me of the 2002 playoffs. Looking forward to a fine after game beverage.
yah- sounds like the habs are headed to the cup
i hope that 2 points they got tonight screws them out of a better draft pick. joe juneau? :moon: pretty sad when your first goal isn't even put in by a real shot

the b's played like a bunch of buffoons tonight. zinovjev, axelsson, boynton and potvin were the best players all night. wally is right though- potvin got us a point tonight, and the team didn't deserve it. in a way, i'm happy we lost in the OT, b/c if we won, i'm not sure sully would've kicked as much arse as he will now.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:38 PM
DBL

Not saying this is Potvin's fault, but that goal should have been stopped. Other than the goal Potvin played a perfect game, and got the Bruins a point. This should've been a 0-0 game though...

Old
10-30-2003, 05:00 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
yah- sounds like the habs are headed to the cup
i hope that 2 points they got tonight screws them out of a better draft pick. joe juneau? :moon: pretty sad when your first goal isn't even put in by a real shot

the b's played like a bunch of buffoons tonight. zinovjev, axelsson, boynton and potvin were the best players all night. wally is right though- potvin got us a point tonight, and the team didn't deserve it. in a way, i'm happy we lost in the OT, b/c if we won, i'm not sure sully would've kicked as much arse as he will now.
Your sour grapes sound like what I heard after the 2002 playoffs.

The winning goal was scored by a checking center against the Bruins first line.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:02 PM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Can you guys get some lower numbers please? I couldn't tell the difference between our towns pee-wee offesnive line and the Smurfs tonight....Jeez, to many 70's.........

Good game though......
That's what happen when your are the greatest team of all time, wait till we get to the #100 We still havent retired Robinson, Savard, Roy yet...

Old
10-30-2003, 05:09 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyF
That's what happen when your are the greatest team of all time, wait till we get to the #100 We still havent retired Robinson, Savard, Roy yet...
nice though, the Habs were able to control the rights of players born in Quebec Provence like Richard, Belliveau, Cornoyour etc...please, those Cups are tainted for that reason. If Toronto was allowed that they'd have had Orr and you can put up about 5 or 6 of the Habs flags in Maple Leafs Gardens.

Greatest hockey team of alltime- yes. But when you have that much of an advantage I wouldn't expect anything less. You talk to most Boston fans I grew up with and thats the prevailing view.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:27 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Your sour grapes sound like what I heard after the 2002 playoffs.

The winning goal was scored by a checking center against the Bruins first line.

you obviously don't remember too well. there were no sour grapes after the 2002 playoffs from me. it was more of an atom bomb of anger
hey- congrats to you and your "checking center" on a really great play. he faked potvin out of his jockstrap with that phenomenal move
enjoy mediocrity, b/c i see very little to be excited about as a habs fan right now. oh yah, except for your precious komisarek
VIVA LA VACHON CAKE!!!! JOHNNY V RULES

Old
10-30-2003, 05:28 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Yuck

Boy, I can't believe I wasted money on seeing this game.

Potvin was great. Absolutely great.

The D was really good...but they had to keep backing up and covering breakdowns because...

The forwards didn't backcheck at all (except for Rolston and Zinojvev) and were too far up the ice. The D would have to lug it up to center ice to get NEAR the forwards, and by that time the forwards were so flat footed there was no point in passing it and they'd just dump it.

I wanted to THROTTLE Thornton in the first period when McGillis was trying to break out and Joe's just STANDING there almost at the red line "waiting" for an outlet pass. He should know better, and he did wake up in the second half of the game.

Montreal deserved this win, hands down. Without Potvin it would have been 3-0 easily (not that Raycroft might have done this too )

Now, that being said...I absolutely HATE the guys on the Habs. Not because they're Canadiens, there have been so many Canadiens that I have admired and respected over the years. Heck, there are a lot of New York Yankees that I like too even though I "root" against them. But seriously...what a bunch of schmucks. Even about five years ago I liked plenty of the Canadiens. Now, the only ones I remotely like are Koivu, Souray, and Garon. The rest are just nobs, plain and simple. Blech. BTW...If you don't like my opinions you Habs trolls you can just go and take it to your pleasant little habs board.

How in the world can you root for guys like Audette, Zednik, Quintal, Juneau and Briesbois? I didn't like some of those guys when they were Bruins! It's making me HATE the team, even though I love MTL and Quebec and would root for MTL 100% if they made the finals against St. Loser, the Crapalanche, Detwah Dead Things, or the Dullard Stars. It's like the Canadiens are the Capitals of Canada.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:38 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
nice though, the Habs were able to control the rights of players born in Quebec Provence like Richard, Belliveau, Cornoyour etc...please, those Cups are tainted for that reason. If Toronto was allowed that they'd have had Orr and you can put up about 5 or 6 of the Habs flags in Maple Leafs Gardens.

Greatest hockey team of alltime- yes. But when you have that much of an advantage I wouldn't expect anything less. You talk to most Boston fans I grew up with and thats the prevailing view.
The Bruins couldn't win after '72 with Esposito, Orr, Bucyk, Hodge, and all the rest. The Habs upset them in '71 when the Bruins set a points record and a goal scoring record and the Habs came in 4th in the conference. The did it with a rookie (Dryden) who didn't come from Quebec and Ferguson and the Mahovlich brothers who obviously didn't. Maurice Richard retired in 1960 and Beliveau and Ferguson in 1971. They won 5 Cups after that in the 1970s in no large part because they had a coach named Scotty Bowman. Your older friends are snowing you with a myth about the Quebec players because they can't accept reality.

To clinch the point, the Habs won in '86 and '93 playing by the same rules as the Bruins. Where are the Bruins pennants in the Fleet Enema Center?

Old
10-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Magnus Fulgur

"To clinch the point, the Habs won in '86 and '93 playing by the same rules as the Bruins. Where are the Bruins pennants in the Fleet Enema Center?"
-Some 13 yr. old who has learned to type named "Corey".

Okay, just watch it now you little punk...or I'm gonna take you out like ZIMMAH!!!

Old
10-30-2003, 05:49 PM
Tim O'Reilly

The Hab I am REALLY starting to dislike is Markov. What a suck. Does he fake an injury every game?

Old
10-30-2003, 05:50 PM
DKH

Quote:
The Bruins couldn't win after '72 with Esposito, Orr, Bucyk, Hodge, and all the rest. The Habs upset them in '71 when the Bruins set a points record and a goal scoring record and the Habs came in 4th in the conference. The did it with a rookie (Dryden) who didn't come from Quebec and Ferguson and the Mahovlich brothers who obviously didn't. Maurice Richard retired in 1960 and Beliveau and Ferguson in 1971. They won 5 Cups after that in the 1970s in no large part because they had a coach named Scotty Bowman. Your older friends are snowing you with a myth about the Quebec players because they can't accept reality.

To clinch the point, the Habs won in '86 and '93 playing by the same rules as the Bruins. Where are the Bruins pennants in the Fleet Enema Center?
LaFleur was an indirect product of this sham. They acquired his rights for players they had as far back as the late 50's, early 60's when this charade were going on. Hey, I wish it was the Broons- the Red Sox have a similar advantage these days, how else could they get a guy like Martinez for two minor leaguers at the time. Don't get so uptight- be happy about it. In life you use your advantages- if the Sox won this year I'd have been ecstatic but honestly, they have revenues far greater than 90% of the teams and can just go out and sign guys like Ramirez and Damon and Mueller, Millar, and Ortiz. The Habs had an advantage that didn't end with the 72 Bruins or 74 Flyers.

Sure, there were many players on the Habs that were not part of this charade just like the Yankees had many players they brought up thru the farm system like Williams, Jeter, and Posada. But the Yankees used the advantages they had just like the Habs. All I'm saying is the Cups are tainted- they still won them; I wish the Broons had the rights to everyone named Wayne or Mark. Instead of getting ticked be happy they had this opportunity others didn't.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:51 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedbsfan
"To clinch the point, the Habs won in '86 and '93 playing by the same rules as the Bruins. Where are the Bruins pennants in the Fleet Enema Center?"
-Some 13 yr. old who has learned to type named "Corey".

Okay, just watch it now you little punk...or I'm gonna take you out like ZIMMAH!!!
Eat your heart out, my friend, while Theodore enjoys his bear meat dinner.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:55 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

So, in your lifetime, you saw the Habs win 2 Cups? I've been alive for two Bruins cups also.....We're even! Too bad you didn't have to play the Edmonton dynasty or else you wouldn't have had those.....

The "reality" is, the Habs aren't that good......My wife's patients on the ventilators in the nursing home would have put up a better effort than the B's tonight....Also, where are the top ten prospects Komisarek and Higgins? I read ALL summer how these guys were "it".......

Until next time....

Old
10-30-2003, 05:55 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
LaFleur was an indirect product of this sham. They acquired his rights for players they had as far back as the late 50's, early 60's when this charade were going on. Hey, I wish it was the Broons- the Red Sox have a similar advantage these days, how else could they get a guy like Martinez for two minor leaguers at the time. Don't get so uptight- be happy about it. In life you use your advantages- if the Sox won this year I'd have been ecstatic but honestly, they have revenues far greater than 90% of the teams and can just go out and sign guys like Ramirez and Damon and Mueller, Millar, and Ortiz. The Habs had an advantage that didn't end with the 72 Bruins or 74 Flyers.

Sure, there were many players on the Habs that were not part of this charade just like the Yankees had many players they brought up thru the farm system like Williams, Jeter, and Posada. But the Yankees used the advantages they had just like the Habs. All I'm saying is the Cups are tainted- they still won them; I wish the Broons had the rights to everyone named Wayne or Mark. Instead of getting ticked be happy they had this opportunity others didn't.
They got the first draft pick in return for a player named Ralph Backstrom. No Quebecois he. If you resent that trade, think of how the Bruins got Esposito, Hodge, and Stanfield by robbing Chicago. And the Bruins signed Orr when he was 15 or 16. No sympathy for you, pal.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:57 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Eat your heart out, my friend, while Theodore enjoys his bear meat dinner.

I bet his dinner is better than the rest of the men in his family eating those "Hungry Man" prison dinners......Is he the only man in his family that doesn't have to use "soap on a rope?"

Old
10-30-2003, 05:58 PM
HABitude

As we say in french :
“ Meilleure chance la prochaine fois, on peux pas toutes les gagner ”

“ L'important n'est pas de gagner mais de participer ”

You must always repeat that to yourself. Then you grow inside.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:00 PM
WBC8

Where were all you guys on Tuesday? In hiding with the rest of the Smurfs? Again, I didn't notice what numbers Higgins and "Komi" were wearing.....

Old
10-30-2003, 06:01 PM
DKH

Quote:
They got the first draft pick in return for a player named Ralph Backstrom. No Quebecois he. If you resent that trade, think of how the Bruins got Esposito, Hodge, and Stanfield by robbing Chicago. And the Bruins signed Orr when he was 15 or 16. No sympathy for you, pal.
The Broons agreed to put siding on Orr's house. Who's looking for sympathy- I'm jealous; Its a well known fact the Canadiens had territorial rights back then and 'some' of the players or players they acquired from 'those' players either directly or via draft picks were those territorial players. I think its Ken Dryden's book that actually discusses this whole Canadien advantage- and he's your former standout goalie. If I'm wrong then so is Dryden although you can always say he's a Leaf backer now-but the book was written years ago.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:03 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
As we say in french :

Why do you have Barry Manilow in a Canadiens jersey as your avatar?

Old
10-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Why do you have Barry Manilow in a Canadiens jersey as your avatar?
I'm not sure. I think it's just some random guy.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:50 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
The Broons agreed to put siding on Orr's house. Who's looking for sympathy- I'm jealous; Its a well known fact the Canadiens had territorial rights back then and 'some' of the players or players they acquired from 'those' players either directly or via draft picks were those territorial players. I think its Ken Dryden's book that actually discusses this whole Canadien advantage- and he's your former standout goalie. If I'm wrong then so is Dryden although you can always say he's a Leaf backer now-but the book was written years ago.
The Habs made the most of their opportunities. The Bruins squandered theirs when they had their great players. Part of it was superior coaching (Toe Blake, Scotty Bowman). Part of it was superior goaltending (Vachon in '69, Dryden in '71 and '76-'79 vs. Johnston and Cheevers). My favorite all-time Cup was in 1971, when the Habs were huge underdogs against both Boston and Chicago. Oh yes, I almsot forgot to mention a non-Quebec second rounder the Habs picked in '71 by the name of Larry Robinson. He was picked fair and square. The Bruins could have had him too.

Don't brood. There's always hope. It's not an immutable law of nature for the Bruins to be upset, although they always seem to find a way.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:47 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
First of all...

Will Juneau's goal count as a shot on goal?? I think it should for Potvin but not for Juneau. I hope his stats right now shot 1 goal, 0 shots...shooting % ERROR

Moran played a great game tonight I like him as our 6th dman. I thought Hal Gill played very tough too. His hit on Markov was tremendous. Also Marty Lapointe had a good game.

It seemed tonight, the passes were just off the mark. And ya the refs were horrible in every way. POTVIN is AMAZING. I thought they would go with Raycroft tonight but WOW Potvin amazed me. I used to get a sinking feeling whenever the the other team had the puck in boston's zone cause I had no confidence in the goalies. But now, I feel completely at ease...almost like...let them shoot.

Old
10-31-2003, 12:08 AM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
This is dedicated to Johhny V. Bruins outshot and lose. Shut out by Theodore. Reminds me of the 2002 playoffs. Looking forward to a fine after game beverage.

1 goal 190 minute, The 1 hit wonder stop about 21 beach balls.The shutout by the second coming of jim carey remind him of the 2002 playoff
Well have fun trying to get out of the basement this year, How long will
it take to score your next goal about 3 years :moon: :moon:

VIVA LA VACHON CAKE

Old
10-31-2003, 12:10 AM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
As we say in french :

MANGENT LE CHOU ..... :moon:

Old
10-31-2003, 04:02 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

That was the worst game i saw this year...
They were out of sink. You caould see they were trying but they never could establish anything in the offensive zone. What did they have? 3 scoring chances? There were plenty of turnovers, bad play, did they make 2 passes in a row all night??? I can't pick nobody and say:"he has played well!" Beside Potvin for sure. Maybe Boynton and Jillson but thats all.
We should be happy with the point Potvin stole us cause the players in front of him have done everything to get 0 point.
But its one of those games....
It sure change to see us steal a point in a Mtl-Bos game... I hope every guys went to see Potvin after the game to thank him for the point he earns by himself...
Now we have to rebond against the pens and get the win on saturday.
Thats already one bad loss in a row against a lower team, we can't have two...

Closed Thread